Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
T-54mod1 is a good tank. It's not super armored but it doesn't have to be imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
The gun handling on the Mod 1 frustrates me more, while the armor is usable enough to fight hull down or sidescrape.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Emil I is very very good and I like it.

I am also having a very good time with the Chaffee and T37. Cleared the Chaffee in just a couple of games, and now I'm blazing through the T37.

feels a lot more comfortable to play than the MT-25, although I know the Soviet lights are a lot better at high tier than US lights.

The T-34/100 is also pretty drat good and fun. My only real problem is the awful gun depression but other than that it's mobile, accurate, has decent armour and good DPM. If the TVP-VTU is that slightly better at T8 I don't think I'll have a horrible time with it either.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Emil I is very very good and I like it.

I am also having a very good time with the Chaffee and T37. Cleared the Chaffee in just a couple of games, and now I'm blazing through the T37.

feels a lot more comfortable to play than the MT-25, although I know the Soviet lights are a lot better at high tier than US lights.

The T-34/100 is also pretty drat good and fun. My only real problem is the awful gun depression but other than that it's mobile, accurate, has decent armour and good DPM. If the TVP-VTU is that slightly better at T8 I don't think I'll have a horrible time with it either.

I fell in love with the Emil I. I should have kept it... The American light line is pretty solid through out, but yeah the Soviet lights end with a gem.

The TVP is by and large one of the worst tanks in the game. I went into it with high hopes as well, I left with misery and frustration. You'll see when you get to it.

Edit: Tale of 2 tanks

Emil I:

TVP:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 7, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

The TVP is by and large one of the worst tanks in the game. I went into it with high hopes as well, I left with misery and frustration. You'll see when you get to it.

I'm stacking blueprints with the battlepass so if the TVP VTU is awful, I can at least speed things up.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm stacking blueprints with the battlepass so if the TVP VTU is awful, I can at least speed things up.

Do this without hesitation. I consider myself to be a pretty decent player, check out my 2 experiences above to give you an idea on how much I truly hated the TVP.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Do this without hesitation. I consider myself to be a pretty decent player, check out my 2 experiences above to give you an idea on how much I truly hated the TVP.

Yeah, I might. We'll see if I even get enough universal fragments to make a dent :v:

What site are those stats from btw?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, I might. We'll see if I even get enough universal fragments to make a dent :v:

What site are those stats from btw?

https://www.tomato.gg/

Fantastic site, probably the best of the stat sites.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

https://www.tomato.gg/

Fantastic site, probably the best of the stat sites.

Oh poo poo, this is rad. Excellent, thanks!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The T8 TVP is bad, but if you decide to play it, I hear the less frustrating path is to use the 8.8 rather then the 105 on it.

https://tanks.gg/compare/tvp-vtu?t=tvp-vtu_51211F0

That said, the T9 and the T10 are worth the grind through the awful T8, or the free xp to skip past it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hardcore AVOID the 105 on the TVP.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

The T8 TVP is bad, but if you decide to play it, I hear the less frustrating path is to use the 8.8 rather then the 105 on it.

https://tanks.gg/compare/tvp-vtu?t=tvp-vtu_51211F0

That said, the T9 and the T10 are worth the grind through the awful T8, or the free xp to skip past it.

They are so good. I really don't get why more people don't play them. The T9 in particular just clicked with me.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

They are so good. I really don't get why more people don't play them. The T9 in particular just clicked with me.

The Skodas' guns lack pen and the Italians are a more pleasant grind.
Also the tier 10 Progetto can produce some funny ricochets.
But the real reason ofc is that the Progetto commander speaks in smooth Italian, while the Skoda dude drones on in something that's unrecognizable to humans.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

The Skodas' guns lack pen and the Italians are a more pleasant grind.
Also the tier 10 Progetto can produce some funny ricochets.
But the real reason ofc is that the Progetto commander speaks in smooth Italian, while the Skoda dude drones on in something that's unrecognizable to humans.

I have female crews in both, so I honestly have no idea what the male commander sounds like lol.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My Italian medium commander is Gianluigi Buffon. One of these days I'll finish the P43 ter and move on to the Pantera...

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

My Italian medium commander is Gianluigi Buffon. One of these days I'll finish the P43 ter and move on to the Pantera...

The Pantera is fun but the 46 is so stupid broken that it'll never get its time in the sun

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cannon_Fodder posted:

The Pantera is fun but the 46 is so stupid broken that it'll never get its time in the sun

Sadly this. I enjoyed my time in it, it does feel similar to the spaghetti monster but is straight up inferior.

Stat Comparison: https://tanks.gg/compare/p44-pantera?t=progetto-46

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Yeah that was kind of what I was originally going for: I love the Progetto 46, so the tech tree version of that is gotta be equally fun!

Nope. And the P43 ter is a pretty big speed bump as well.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah that was kind of what I was originally going for: I love the Progetto 46, so the tech tree version of that is gotta be equally fun!

Nope. And the P43 ter is a pretty big speed bump as well.

To be fair the Standard B is pretty good, and the tier X is great for ranked. The tier 7 and 8 scare a lot of people off the line, though, especially when they can just play the tier 8 prem.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

saintonan posted:

To be fair the Standard B is pretty good, and the tier X is great for ranked. The tier 7 and 8 scare a lot of people off the line, though, especially when they can just play the tier 8 prem.

Didn't Standard B get nerfed pretty hard? It's still probably not the worst line of tier 8 and 9 to play, but I've been putting off playing Pantera because of that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WoT's EU Twitter are hyping the Bourrasque today, so it's a safe bet they'll be selling it soon.

When they do, it's a v. good idea to buy it, it is one of the best T8 premiums.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Sayara posted:

Didn't Standard B get nerfed pretty hard? It's still probably not the worst line of tier 8 and 9 to play, but I've been putting off playing Pantera because of that.

The biggest nerf is that you can't mount a rammer anymore. It's a little more derpy firing on the move, but otherwise it's still a meta tank (reasonably mobile and capable of burst damage).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

The biggest nerf is that you can't mount a rammer anymore. It's a little more derpy firing on the move, but otherwise it's still a meta tank (reasonably mobile and capable of burst damage).

Not having a rammer means you can mount more equipment to enhance the gun. I know the correct choice is optics, but I am a sucker for well behaved guns.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The standard B is still really good. still funny how it and the t10 took more of a beating than the obj 430 and 430u even though those russian tanks were performing better!

Isn't he beautiful?

:swoon:

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 8, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's just a great feeling when you're at a full clip late in the game and you can clip out an enemy tank and there's nothing he can do about it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

The standard B is still really good. still funny how it and the t10 took more of a beating than the obj 430 and 430u even though those russian tanks were performing better!

Isn't he beautiful?

:allears:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BadLlama posted:

Isn't he beautiful?

amazing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well, now they are selling the Bourrasque on the EU servers.

It is a very very very good t8 premium.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I forgot that a 5X weekend means "DO NOT loving TRY TO PLAY WORLD OF TANKS ON THE EU SERVERS".

Jesus loving christ it's a loving jungle. And my daily mission? Win four battles. Yeah, I don't think that's getting done any time soon.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 9, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Czech heavies are going to start at T7 branching from the T-25, this means you can go back to the T-25 and play it without feeling like a dirty scumbag.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Time to start training up a new crew with the T-25 as well. Did they say how many crew members in the T7 Czech heavy?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I didn't catch anything but I imagine it'll be 5 crew including a radioman to match the T7 premium.

I missed the T10 only having 1800 HP, lol jesus christ, that like the worst HP pool out of almost anything except lights.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 9, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watching the preview video now, not finished yet. Buttttttt

2 shot auto loading heavies? Count me in.

Edit: T9 goes 50 KMs. Hahaha I love it.

Double Edit: T10 goes 50 as well. HP is only 1800, but who the gently caress cares? It's a Hevium. Also -8 gun depression with 980 burst. :discourse:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 9, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

I didn't catch anything but I imagine it'll be 5 crew including a radioman to match the T7 premium.

Well you'd think but then again look at the Skorpion and the Rheinmetall Waffenträger.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well you'd think but then again look at the Skorpion and the Rheinmetall Waffenträger.

Who knows honestly, the T-25 only has a 4 man crew.

I wouldn't put it past WGing though to make the heavy line start with a dedicated radioman, then drop that radio man in between T8-9 just to gently caress with everyone.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I mean the last line released was the Italian heavies and they drop the loader going from tier 9 to 10. The tier 10 czech heavy could have 2 radio men for all we know.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Would 2 radio men let them all chat?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/4YACAXp.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5845903#berlin-mariuslecter-o-ho

https://i.imgur.com/5qiSC3k.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zMQVaFd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/8oCK5cq.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now I kinda want to rebuy the T6 Japanese heavy.