Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

EU got super screwed for the v5 auction. The Dez video showed 400k xp median with 13 hours left, 10,000 vehicles, and 22,000 bids. :rubby:

NA had 200k xp median with 12 hours left, 4,500 vehicles, and 5k bids. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

EU got super screwed for the v5 auction. The Dez video showed 400k xp median with 13 hours left, 10,000 vehicles, and 22,000 bids. :rubby:

NA had 200k xp median with 12 hours left, 4,500 vehicles, and 5k bids. :smug:

Skill may be a slight instigator on that though. Because he did say "is it worth a million free xp?" in his video. So I expect some pubbies did blow 1mil fxp if they had it on bid already.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I might stand a decent chance with 190k FXP but I'll have more fun and less stress using that to unlock T9 modules for a smoother, saner grind than a T10 TD with a roof that's begging for HE spam.

Correction, I would NOT have stood a decent chance.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 16, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmfao 605,000fxp "competitive bid" on EU some 90 minutes ago.

gently caress that.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
412k on na. 8500 bidder for 4500 tanks as well. So competitive should be a solid floor to get one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It got bid up at the end: 450k was the last updated median bid with 9k bidders, so you needed to spend over 450k to get it. I got it for a bit under 480k.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6147845#serene_coast-mariuslecter-su-130pm

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Oh no:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oof.

Also,

I lived bitch.

Would have gotten me if they'd gone for a ram before shooting but they were too frightened and backed up even more into a corner.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Today's tank is the AMBT, minimum bid 9900g. 10k items for purchase (on NA).

Figure it'll go for 15k simply because gold's so worthless and people are likely sitting on a lot of premium time and excess gold. 22.5k if things get stupid.

I can't bring myself to pay gold for a medium with a 40kph top speed. At least the shells are fast.

And if tanks.gg is to be believed, the godly turret (on paper) has a gigantic 165-170mm effective shot trap beneath it that won't ever be able to be hull-downed.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 16, 2022

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
it's going for freexp on the Asia server. Heck nothing has sold for gold so far.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Today's tank is the AMBT, minimum bid 9900g. 10k items for purchase (on NA).

Figure it'll go for 15k simply because gold's so worthless and people are likely sitting on a lot of premium time and excess gold. 22.5k if things get stupid.

I can't bring myself to pay gold for a medium with a 40kph top speed. At least the shells are fast.

And if tanks.gg is to be believed, the godly turret (on paper) has a gigantic 165-170mm effective shot trap beneath it that won't ever be able to be hull-downed.

QB seemed to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPdxzNACNs

He admits it's got a lot of shortcomings (big and awfully weak lower plate, bad gun depression, the auto-reloader typical awful DPM, huge bloom after firing) but it fits his style and he likes it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

For some reason I seem to finish off tanks with great games.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

QB seemed to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPdxzNACNs

He admits it's got a lot of shortcomings (big and awfully weak lower plate, bad gun depression, the auto-reloader typical awful DPM, huge bloom after firing) but it fits his style and he likes it.

As said, not a big fan of QB, but Dez has his video up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81MFJg7rDMQ

His struggle is more the gun handling (that aim time..), the long reload if you clip out, and just the lack of top speed. The -9 gun depression is fully usable considering most vehicles max out at -10. So compared to the progetto premium, gun is terrible including lower alpha. But that is made up for by have a bouncy turret as long as you don't expose the turret ring while hull down. It would be a hard shot to make though. UFP is also fairly decent thanks to the slope.

I haven't watched skill's video yet, but here is his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldOfriksPg

Quick look at the comments says it is average to good for a tank. I'm going to assume his issues will be the same as dez experienced.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Looking at this AMBT thing and ehhh I'll just stick with the Spaghetto.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bid some gold on the thing but I'm not gonna be too upset if I get outbid. I already have a Progetto and I don't think this is better in any meaningful way.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I bid some gold on the thing but I'm not gonna be too upset if I get outbid. I already have a Progetto and I don't think this is better in any meaningful way.

Same here.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6148915#minsk-mariuslecter-fv4004_conway

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:toot:

I bid 15 000 gold.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:toot:

I bid 15 000 gold.

Congrats, I put up the same amount and got it as well.

So which of the 5 hints was the ambt btw? The triangle everyone knew was the 268 v5 and the opera glasses being the 113 bo. That leaves the book with the rabbit tag, the envelope, and the egg. If the quilin and recruitment reward tank are the other two offered, then it would be the book that hinted at the ambt. Or was the envelope the ambt and the other two tanks are the turtle and quilin?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is it only the Asia server that is only accepting Xp bids? Nothing has gone for gold so far.

Raged fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 17, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah apparently that's an Asia server specialty. On the other servers the Object 268 v5 is the only free XP tank in the event.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah apparently that's an Asia server specialty. On the other servers the Object 268 v5 is the only free XP tank in the event.

Whelp, it looks like my pile of gold will remain untoched.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That we know of. If the last two tanks are what everyone suspect, then they could charge fxp for the recruitment reward tank. The quilin I assume will be gold only because they've sold it before.

Also, I'm starting to feel pretty sure of the hints for each of the vehicles, I think the book with the rabbit was for the ambt. Specifically, if you look at it from the side, it kind of looks like a rabbit with the minigun standing in for ears. Not as clear a thing as the amx 40 is to a rubber duck, but whatever. Either that, or we get the turtle on offer and then this was the envelope.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

That we know of.

No, they outright said it in the website article:

quote:

Only one lot will be available for Free Experience during the auction.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today's auction: WZ-111 QL. It's the same as the WZ-111 5A, but it has a cool dragon skin and the muzzle brake shoots flames after you fire.

The tank itself is a very good heavium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvvxRs7jTk

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Today's auction: WZ-111 QL. It's the same as the WZ-111 5A, but it has a cool dragon skin and the muzzle brake shoots flames after you fire.

This is a weird site but it has the reference I was looking for.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The tank itself is a very good heavium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvvxRs7jTk

I have the gold for one but not the XP. In short it is hilarious I can not buy this for gold in Asia

Also, the ranked mode is pure rear end. No team play other than "get out of the way of my shot so I can rank up" bullshit.

My first one and I am sitting at no chevrons 13 qualification battles in. Fun fun fun

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah ranked is absolutely godawful. It's a completely toxic wasteland.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Btw so far the leaked list has been 100% correct, so barring any last second surprises tomorrow it's gonna be the Type 59G.

In case anyone needs to plan their gold usage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The AMBT seems like a good tank, its turret traverse is really bad for a medium tank though which caught me by surprise in a knife fight.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
AMBT is OK. The gun aiming time is a loving tragedy, but the tank itself does fine.

This was the best game I had today of the 4 I played:

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6149461

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSvjGChbIHY

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

As a plus a lot of the pubbies playing in it clearly have noooo idea what they're doing and are just yoloing into you and getting blapped through the lower plate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kinda suspected this tbh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/s6dgno/no_more_black_market/

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
It was only for the super-rich anyway. It's great whale bait, but for most players it's a non-event.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"You don't need this" -Circon, re; black market

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

"You don't need this" -Circon, re; black market

He is 100% correct.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I would rather have the black market, where things are for sale at a known price, than blind bidding on poo poo in an auction.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

I would rather have the black market, where things are for sale at a known price, than blind bidding on poo poo in an auction.

Especially because the latter just gives WG useful metrics for how much *more* they can charge for poo poo.

It seems the AMBT went for ~15k gold. Usually the price for a desirable T8 premium is ~12.5k max (~$54), so 15k would mean the price of new T8s is going up :10bux: or more because they know players will pay it.

Getting the PzV/IV for so little back in one of the past Black Markets was actually a very good deal. WG doesn't like good deals. WG likes the player base cutting each others' throats to have the new shiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Were the actors they got to play in the videos from the Black Market cost too much money or something? God forbid you take away a little personality from the game all to save money for hookers or whatever.