Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The absolute worst thing to happen to this game was when Wargaming hired an economist to manage their special offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I would rather have the black market, where things are for sale at a known price, than blind bidding on poo poo in an auction.

Oh poo poo I forgot about that. Yeah :smith:...

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just had my 1st match with a wheeled scout. Yeah, that poo poo is broken. Fun for me but had to be miserable for the other team.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If there's one thing I agree with Klaus about it's that the Mario Karts make the game shittier, and T10 is already lovely enough as-is.

Those turn radii are bullshit and should flip the goddamned things. When they take a shot to the tires/axle it should kill the engine and force them to coast on their built-up momentum until they repair.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Getting the PzV/IV for so little back in one of the past Black Markets was actually a very good deal. WG doesn't like good deals. WG likes the player base cutting each others' throats to have the new shiny.
5,500G for the PzV/IV was a ridiculous price, it was almost certainly supposed to be 15,500G.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If there's one thing I agree with Klaus about it's that the Mario Karts make the game shittier, and T10 is already lovely enough as-is.

Those turn radii are bullshit and should flip the goddamned things. When they take a shot to the tires/axle it should kill the engine and force them to coast on their built-up momentum until they repair.
Whenever a shell of 100mm or greater caliber hits them they should just loving fold in half and explode.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

luv 2 shoot 183mm HE into ~invincibility wheels~

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Arrrggghhh I want the gold tank

Set Asia free and let us pay gold

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And sure enough.

https://twitter.com/WorldofTanksEU/status/1483367307028086792

Minimum bid: 25k gold (lol) or 500 000 free XP (lmao)

E: and they're also selling the non-gold version (which is an identical tank) for real money on the RU servers.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I haven't played my regular Type 59 in forever, it's just not that good anymore and if I want to make quick money there are better options. Only thing left going for it is pref MM but you're still getting matched against all the OP premiums so what's the point?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Vando posted:

I haven't played my regular Type 59 in forever, it's just not that good anymore and if I want to make quick money there are better options. Only thing left going for it is pref MM but you're still getting matched against all the OP premiums so what's the point?

I've played it sporadically over recent years but they've buffed it, it might not be "meta" but it's a T-54A at tier 8 with pref MM, it's good enough. Decent gun, armor, and it has ammo now!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: and they're also selling the non-gold version (which is an identical tank) for real money on the RU servers.

This would be the Type 59 "OG" :smugdog:

Katamari Democracy posted:

Were the actors they got to play in the videos from the Black Market cost too much money or something? God forbid you take away a little personality from the game all to save money for hookers or whatever.

To be fair, what would you rather spend money on, hookers or midgets? :thunk:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Especially because the latter just gives WG useful metrics for how much *more* they can charge for poo poo.

It seems the AMBT went for ~15k gold. Usually the price for a desirable T8 premium is ~12.5k max (~$54), so 15k would mean the price of new T8s is going up :10bux: or more because they know players will pay it.

Getting the PzV/IV for so little back in one of the past Black Markets was actually a very good deal. WG doesn't like good deals. WG likes the player base cutting each others' throats to have the new shiny.

I don't think you can conclude that the event prices reflect what people would pay normally. This "blind auction" and "limited quantities" bullshit prevents people from making an educated value assessment, so players with the resources to blow participate. Otherwise they're not just going to overpay for "regular" sales, knowing what the current price is and that in the future it will generally drop. After all, nowadays the marathon tanks usually sell for like $70-80+ IIRC with no stages completed, which is far more than the ~$60 or whatever that the AMBT went for, and then later on the marathon tanks are always re-sold at a discount.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

This would be the Type 59 "OG" :smugdog:

It's double OG for me, it was the first premium I ever bought. It also still has my best (or second best after the SU-122-44?) stats of all my premiums because back when we played in a platoon with a good player and a literal super unicum, which tended to boost my winrate a bit.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's double OG for me, it was the first premium I ever bought. It also still has my best (or second best after the SU-122-44?) stats of all my premiums because back when we played in a platoon with a good player and a literal super unicum, which tended to boost my winrate a bit.

My Churchill III has slightly better stats than my OG Type 59, but only slightly. The Type was definitely godlike at release. If you want to count tech tree tanks as well, though, they're nowhere close to my stats in the 3601H, of course, but what could be?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My top 10 tanks by WN8, filtering out tanks I've only played a few times (minimum 25 games).

I'd be interested to see what you guys have.

E: this is from tomato.gg in case anyone doesn't already know the best WoT stat page.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 18, 2022

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
My shameful top 15:

Basically I'm a P2W sealclubbing h4xx0r who's very bad at tanks and also going to hell. :toot:

Also, some of these stats are wonky because of tech tree fuckery; my T56 GMC stats are actually from the old T82, and I've no idea what the gently caress a T-150 is.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Laughing my nuts off at the idea of spending 25,000G on the Type 59 in any way, shape or form. Sure it never sees Tier X but ultimately it still finds itself having to directly face off against a multitude of OP Tier VIII premiums which can rip it apart.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Laughing my nuts off at the idea of spending 25,000G on the Type 59 in any way, shape or form. Sure it never sees Tier X but ultimately it still finds itself having to directly face off against a multitude of OP Tier VIII premiums which can rip it apart.

Yeah. After the buffs it's a decent T8 premium, but nowhere near the top anymore. It's been powercrept by so many OP premiums that it's absolutely nothing special anymore and you can get a much better experience by buying a CS-52 Lis or something.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
My top 10 with 25 games minimum:

These are pretty drat old stats though, I don't think I've played Tetrarch since the month it came out.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Type 61 feels like a massive bummer. The stock turret is just loving awful and has a god drat second mini turret on top to ensure you can't actually try to go hull down anywhere. Only 50 000 XP to replace it! Get grinding, motherfucker!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I'm not even going to try for the Type 59G. My guess is that on NA ~55k gold is going to be the sweet spot.

Not in *any* lifetime for a T8 premium.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'll bid 26k just in case but goddamn with only 500 units the minimum bid is going to be in the 40k range

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
The numbers you're posting about the auction are wild to me. I've not put money into this because I've always seen the gold ammo/premium tanks as a mild pay to win.

I know WoT made the high pen ammo purchasable with credit but skins/emotes/hats in TF2, dota, Fortnite don't generally hit $40+ direct from the developers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'll bid 26k just in case but goddamn with only 500 units the minimum bid is going to be in the 40k range

It's obviously your money, but there's no universe where a Type 59, gold or no, is worth 90 bucks.

E: lol the Type 61's second turret ALSO has such a loving huge tumor on top that you can't really hull down with the thing.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 18, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Type 61 feels like a massive bummer. The stock turret is just loving awful and has a god drat second mini turret on top to ensure you can't actually try to go hull down anywhere. Only 50 000 XP to replace it! Get grinding, motherfucker!

I think I free xp'd the modules on that tank, I really enjoyed it with top everything. The top turret bounces more than it should, but is not reliable in anyway. I think a lot of people aim for the cupola thinking they need to and end up taking bad shots.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I'm not even going to try for the Type 59G. My guess is that on NA ~55k gold is going to be the sweet spot.

Not in *any* lifetime for a T8 premium.

I don't understand why WG insists on ending all their auction events with disappointing tanks. Wonder if they are just conditioning people to spend early instead of saving to the end, since the end will almost always be a let down.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TracerM17 posted:

I don't understand why WG insists on ending all their auction events with disappointing tanks. Wonder if they are just conditioning people to spend early instead of saving to the end, since the end will almost always be a let down.

For the type of people WG targets with this stuff, the Type 59G is an incredibly exciting tank

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Save your gold for battle pass stuff. Better way to spend gold.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
My top 15 win8 shame wall:

It should be noted that a lot of these tanks were played back at launch-ish time which really skews the results to today. Particularly arty. And especially the su-26 as it used to have one hell of an rear end in a top hat howitzer gun that got removed. Also, I did a lot of 2-3 man su-26 platoons with it. Just rape cage of the low tiers when you have a full platoon of arty on voice chat calling targets.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Gotta say I am actually kinda surprised with some of these.

Also, I did 50+ battles because I have like 1 game in the defender and it was like 6.5k wn8.

Fake Edit: I didn't do 15 because I am too lazy to count to 15.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Katamari Democracy posted:

Save your gold for battle pass stuff. Better way to spend gold.

any idea when the next battle pass kicks off?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Raged posted:

any idea when the next battle pass kicks off?

Maybe when the Yoh tanks come out sometime possibly February or March.

Friendly reminder that the Yoh tanks are coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYY35j0DYk

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

45276g wasn't enough to get the T59G on NA. That exact amount left me with 25k left over, which I figured was enough for "miscellany" and module xp conversion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jesus.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I didn't even *want* the loving thing but I figured "hey, why not, maybe I'd be the lowest successful bidder."

Oh well, guess I'm set for module conversions for the foreseeable future.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

According to reddit, 40,100 was enough on EU. 50,300 on NA.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

45276g wasn't enough to get the T59G on NA. That exact amount left me with 25k left over, which I figured was enough for "miscellany" and module xp conversion.

150 dollars. People were paying more than 150 dollars for a Type 59.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

150 dollars. People were paying more than 150 dollars for a Type 59.

A little over $200, it sounds like.

And you just know someone dropped 100k gold "just to make sure," too.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 19, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

100%. There were some of those guys on Reddit.

They're going to be real loving disappointed when it turns out the tank wasn't actually 200 bucks OP, it was just rare (at a point in the past, but not so rare anymore thanks to repeated sales).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The only real utility of the T59G is to platoon, make damned sure you're seen early on, so the enemy team throws the game to kill you specifically while the rest of your team farms them and gets the win.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

My top 15 win8 shame wall:

It should be noted that a lot of these tanks were played back at launch-ish time which really skews the results to today. Particularly arty. And especially the su-26 as it used to have one hell of an rear end in a top hat howitzer gun that got removed. Also, I did a lot of 2-3 man su-26 platoons with it. Just rape cage of the low tiers when you have a full platoon of arty on voice chat calling targets.

I was gonna say, the SU-26, hoo boy, that's a blast from the past. Nobody plays that thing anymore!

dennyk posted:

My shameful top 15:

Basically I'm a P2W sealclubbing h4xx0r who's very bad at tanks and also going to hell. :toot:

Also, some of these stats are wonky because of tech tree fuckery; my T56 GMC stats are actually from the old T82, and I've no idea what the gently caress a T-150 is.

I think the T-150 was the result of the KV expansion (into that and the KV-2.) It's basically the KV/KV-2 but with the 107.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Atomizer posted:

I was gonna say, the SU-26, hoo boy, that's a blast from the past. Nobody plays that thing anymore!

I don't think it's even in the tech tree anymore; they removed all of the low-tier arty, I believe. Even while it still was, they beat the poor thing to death with the nerf bat several times over the years. The turret traverse nerf was manageable, but then they removed the good gun from it and nerfed the remaining one so it was basically useless. In its OG form, it was basically a Leafblower, but at tier III, with a fully traverseable turret that meant you could swing across the map with almost no bloom and a base dispersion so small that you could basically choose whether to drop your shell down the commander's hatch or the engine deck of the tanks you were shooting at, and it had gold HEAT rounds that could fully pen anything you'd be matched with.

My best SU-26 game was way back in closed beta where I won the game by killing an IS-7 in a face-to-face duel dancing around a rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

dennyk posted:

I don't think it's even in the tech tree anymore; they removed all of the low-tier arty, I believe. Even while it still was, they beat the poor thing to death with the nerf bat several times over the years. The turret traverse nerf was manageable, but then they removed the good gun from it and nerfed the remaining one so it was basically useless. In its OG form, it was basically a Leafblower, but at tier III, with a fully traverseable turret that meant you could swing across the map with almost no bloom and a base dispersion so small that you could basically choose whether to drop your shell down the commander's hatch or the engine deck of the tanks you were shooting at, and it had gold HEAT rounds that could fully pen anything you'd be matched with.

My best SU-26 game was way back in closed beta where I won the game by killing an IS-7 in a face-to-face duel dancing around a rock.

Don't forget too that it had one of the best stealth modifiers for a spg back then too. Assisted as well due to the aforementioned turret.

Edit: ye ol og su-26 for those that never experienced it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbCMt0DkD_I

This is always a running classic gag of us old timers. The "lol, guess ndp didn't think spg was important" followed later going "the su-26 is just tearing them up". And yet the casters just deadpanned that revelation. Background as well, SIMP changed their team layout for the rest of that tournament by swapping in the su-26 over the gw-panther. And they never lost another game I believe that entire time.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 19, 2022