Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol at WGing not just have a $100 cash option on the website for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

What are you guys' feelings on this mini premium pass?
A bunch of credit boosters, 40 universal fragments and a laughable trace amount of bonds seems weak imo. The skin doesn't interest me at all.
They could have thrown in another BiA dude at least, like for that other 9 mini pass. That one was ok value.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012

Nap Ghost

I gave them the 2000 gold just for the skin, I don't even know what else I got for it. I honestly think that's the whole point, they've been doing that in all their marathons lately. Wasn't it like 5000 gold for the 122TM's skin, or another 20 hour multi-stage grind to get it free?

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 20, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah that's been their go to move for the past few marathons.

Also I'm really liking my ShPTK-TVP. I'm not sure if it's my favourite T8 TD because the competition is stiff as hell (Skorpion, SU-130 PM, TS-5, Turtle I, Strv S1 etc) but it's a good possibility.

I ended up paying like 4000 gold for it because I needed to get back to normal BP grinding but I would've gladly paid normal T8 prices as well. It's very very good.

Also they're currently selling the 122TM and Caliban at least on the EU servers. The Caliban is an occasionally amusing troll machine with godawful accuracy*, and the 122TM is actually a very good T8 medium. The DPM is comically bad but the alpha is good, the gun is extremely accurate and it has really good armour.

* and of course having said that, one of those snapshot my ShPTK in full movement for 890 damage with its HE today.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

I've been wanting the Caliban since I saw that video JuffoWup posted I think, hope it gets to NA .

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012

Nap Ghost

I have had this personal goal of getting my WR back up to over 51% for awhile now. I used to keep it around 51.5 post beta and beyond, but then I quit the game for about 3 years and thought playing light tanks would be a good idea when I got back and sunk my WR. I think it was below 50% for a while. It only took winning 53% of my games for the last 5000 games to get it back up, but I've finally hit it. Now, to bring on the massive losing streak...

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also I'm really liking my ShPTK-TVP. I'm not sure if it's my favourite T8 TD because the competition is stiff as hell (Skorpion, SU-130 PM, TS-5, Turtle I, Strv S1 etc) but it's a good possibility.

In the very specific situation of making every Borat I see run in terror, it is my favorite T8 TD. I really like it against any lightly-armored-high-impact tank, but especially love it against Borats.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 20, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah that HE absolutely fucks up Borats. It's amazing. It also demolishes Skorpions and SU-130PMs, which covers about 70% of T8 TDs and mediums in any given game.

Also I saw my first auto track repair mod today. A Conqueror who I spotted and tracked repaired his tracks so quickly that the broken tracks flickered on my screen for a fraction of a second and I wasn't even sure they'd broken before I watched the replay in slow motion.

And the guy was a 43% shitter (or more likely bot) so I don't believe for a second he'd be that aware or have superhuman reflexes.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

I'm liking the Shptk more than I thought. 270 AP is super nice for angled Lwe hulls, T56s and what have you who are not accustomed to getting tracked w/ damage normally.
Gotta be active in it though, out of sightrange sniping with sub 900m/s is no bueno at all.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but a shell velocity indicator mod I installed says the HE rounds are actually faster than the AP rounds which is kind of funny.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You know you'd watch it.

Another unfathomably painful weekend fuckfest on the EU server. Having eight TD's per team is just miserable to contend with, especially at the moment where every fucker's too scared to move because they're either:
A) Bound to get loving blasted by every bush within 500m.
B) A brand-new shiny Czech glass cannon lurking within said bushes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

srb posted:

I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but a shell velocity indicator mod I installed says the HE rounds are actually faster than the AP rounds which is kind of funny.

They are.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

gently caress yes.

Warhams styles and commanders in the next Battle Pass. So that's 430U in a Death Guard style, E100 in an Ultramarine style and an STB-1 Orky style.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

STB for orks seems like an odd choice.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

STB for orks seems like an odd choice.

It does yeah, but maybe they're thinking fast fire rate and close range == dakka.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Should have been Chi-Ri for Nurgle because of disease, suffering, bloating. It's REALLY not fun to play with the addition of all the new high armor or high gun alpha tier 8s in the last couple years.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I swear to god even though it's hard at this point, I swear these teams just keep getting dumber and worse. It's utterly amazing how people can have so little awareness or game sense. Just absolutely love to lose games when 2/3 of my team goes on one flank, gets stopped by two enemies and then just ... stay there while the rest of the enemy team come around and murder the poo poo out of us.

It makes for easy battle pass point grinding because if I don't actively poo poo my pants and fall asleep at the start of a match, being in the top 5 is practically guaranteed. But jesus loving christ it's not half demoralizing going 1 for 12 and not really having any kind of chance in 10 of those games.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You know you'd watch it.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But jesus loving christ it's not half demoralizing going 1 for 12 and not really having any kind of chance in 10 of those games.

Just had a 5/5 waste of time where each battle was over within five minutes and decided by 5-15 at "best". gently caress this game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Just had a 5/5 waste of time where each battle was over within five minutes and decided by 5-15 at "best". gently caress this game.

Yeah, it's depressing how many games are just complete blowouts one way or another. That alone makes playing some tanks a complete waste of time because they're too slow to even get into position before it's 7-1 or 1-7.

On another topic, I've got the cash to buy another one of the T10s I have unlocked but not bought.

Not gonna buy the US T10 arty because gently caress arty and gently caress playing arty in today's WoT. That leaves me with either the Grille or the E-100. Is either one of them any fun? I suppose I could also wait a bit and get the T110E4, but I'm not sure if it's much of an upgrade over the T30?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The t92 sucks as a t10 arty in randoms really. You can get similar alpha/reload/splash with the conqgc. The only t10 arty worse than the t92 is the gw e100. I'd rank the bat 155 58 above either of those.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

The t92 sucks as a t10 arty in randoms really. You can get similar alpha/reload/splash with the conqgc. The only t10 arty worse than the t92 is the gw e100. I'd rank the bat 155 58 above either of those.

Yeah that was part of the poo poo they totally hosed up with the arty rework. Used to be that while the Object 261 had low alpha, it had a quick reload. Then they nerfed every other arty's alpha to the point where the Object 261 doesn't really do THAT much less damage, but reloads in literally half the time of the big boys.

Well done, WG.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah that was part of the poo poo they totally hosed up with the arty rework. Used to be that while the Object 261 had low alpha, it had a quick reload. Then they nerfed every other arty's alpha to the point where the Object 261 doesn't really do THAT much less damage, but reloads in literally half the time of the big boys.

Well done, WG.

Nah, of the original 3 (US, German, USSR), it is faster, but it was always of the super accurate arty of the batch. And it still holds that crown. It pays for it with a very narrow gun traverse range and super flat arc causing shells to land at only slightly better angles to direct fire guns. Also had a high top speed to move around the battlefield. Along with that low reload time, it was able to get into position and start firing sooner than the others.
GWE-100's whole gimmick has been that it has skirts to allow it to ignore near misses better. The problem though is that the rest of the vehicle is plain average in everything else of the original 3, it was also the slowest because it is a heavy tank chassis. Side note: The GWE-100 predates the actual E-100 in the game.
T92 was all about the biggest splash. That was entirely it's gimmick. It was the law of averages like the gwe-100 as well. Though, it was more mobile than the gwe-100. To get that biggest splash, it needed a big shell which of course slowed down the reload to a crawl and made it more inaccurate to compensate.
Then they added the conqgc and.. it was a decline from then on for the t92. The conqgc offers the same splash radius. It is on a more armored hull, has a wider gun traverse arc, and even the highest shell arc in the game outside perhaps the fv304. The penalty to this was a shorter range that isn't noticed due to the map sizes being too small for t10s (you can't shoot corner to corner diagonally on the 1sqkm maps). It even has a similar reload to the t92. The other downside is a tree that is very average meh to downright irritating to play to make it there.
Then there is the bat 155 58. Want a chassis that really knows how to go fast? It'll outrace the 261. Unlike the 261, it also has a more average shell arc. Also unlike the 261, it has one of the largest gun traverse ranges in the game. With the only other arty to be a peer for this stat being the bat 155 55 and the su-26. The penalty is of course the small shells it fires. Made up slightly in that it is an autoloader. As a reminder, you can't run vents on them, so outside of bia, the reload speed you see for the clip is what you are getting. Which happens to be about the same time it takes for a t92 or conqgc to load a single shell. However, thanks to that higher arc to the 261, it isn't as accurate as the 261 even with a smaller shell for whatever wargaming reason.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

av paid for by the firensd of lowtax spine foundation

, you flithy pig

JuffoWup posted:

Then there is the bat 155 58. Want a chassis that really knows how to go fast? It'll outrace the 261. Unlike the 261, it also has a more average shell arc. Also unlike the 261, it has one of the largest gun traverse ranges in the game. With the only other arty to be a peer for this stat being the bat 155 55 and the su-26. The penalty is of course the small shells it fires. Made up slightly in that it is an autoloader. As a reminder, you can't run vents on them, so outside of bia, the reload speed you see for the clip is what you are getting. Which happens to be about the same time it takes for a t92 or conqgc to load a single shell. However, thanks to that higher arc to the 261, it isn't as accurate as the 261 even with a smaller shell for whatever wargaming reason.

You can just say the 155 58 has a fully traversable turret. And since you can't run vents or a rammer on it, the only other worthwhile equipment is a turbocharger, which makes it faster than the tier 9 bat chat medium. This lets it easily get to positions where enemy tanks do not expect an arty to be. Before the arty nerf I got the most full pens in the 155 58 because I could easily get shots into the sides and rear of enemy tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

bat chat arty owns, has always been my favorite one, just checked and still in the top 50 with 150 battles played and I haven't used it in over a year lol

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Yeah, and good to hear others have had success as I've always said it was one of the best for randoms.

As for t10 choices, I'll throw my hat in saying the e100. Mainly because you can get some money out of it quickly due to it being one of the three vehicles for the next season pass.