Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll just add your criticism as a footnote to his criticism then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

PirateBob posted:

It means you're an idiot for writing lots of words to a worthless pubbie who wasn't even responding anymore.

Wow, rude.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

RandomPauI posted:

I'll just add your criticism as a footnote to his criticism then.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bob A Feet posted:

Any good write ups to convince me not to buy the premiums?

Is the panther 88 just a bad panther 2?

I honestly wouldn't recommend buying it. Full price for a T8 premium without preferential MM...no thanks. If you need a German medium crew trainer, buy a T-25 or spring for a Warcrime while they're on sale. Sure, the T-25 sees T7s like a normal T5, but it's more easily handled than seeing T9s and 10s, kind of like playing a T-34 with the 76mm.

I also kind of have to agree with ~he who must not be named~ that the Panther 88 seems kind of like a 'trap tank' since only the supertesters got to try it out before it was put in the shop, and those who didn't get the 907 (or just Wehraboos with a fetish for being penetrated by large Slavic, French, and American loads) might be tempted to buy 'the new premium' just to feel special, without doing their homework first.

4775g for both the Warcrime and T-25, but honestly 750g for just the T-25 is the better deal, since you *really* have to pack a ton of gold in the Warcrime to be viable against other T7s and 8s. Don't even bother asking about the PzIV Schmallturm. =/

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 25, 2014

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I honestly wouldn't recommend buying it. Full price for a T8 premium without preferential MM...no thanks. If you need a German medium crew trainer, buy a T-25 or spring for a Warcrime while they're on sale. Sure, the T-25 sees T7s like a normal T5, but it's more easily handled than seeing T9s and 10s, kind of like playing a T-34 with the 76mm.

I also kind of have to agree with ~he who must not be named~ that the Panther 88 seems kind of like a 'trap tank' since only the supertesters got to try it out before it was put in the shop, and those who didn't get the 907 (or just Wehraboos with a fetish for being penetrated by large Slavic, French, and American loads) might be tempted to buy 'the new premium' just to feel special, without doing their homework first.

4775g for both the Warcrime and T-25, but honestly 750g for just the T-25 is the better deal, since you *really* have to pack a ton of gold in the Warcrime to be viable against other T7s and 8s. Don't even bother asking about the PzIV Schmallturm. =/

Been playing since March, just occurred to look for thread here. Got the heads up on the E25 leaving the shop and bought one, thanks goons.

What tank is a Warcrime?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

KurdtLives posted:

What tank is a Warcrime?
The Panther M10 because they tried to disguise a Panther as a M10 Wolverine.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KurdtLives posted:

Been playing since March, just occurred to look for thread here. Got the heads up on the E25 leaving the shop and bought one, thanks goons.

What tank is a Warcrime?

The Panther/M10. It's a Panther mocked up to look like a Wolverine, complete with US markings and camo schemes.

e:f,b

we need a page of "Panther/M10" now

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 25, 2014

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

KurdtLives posted:

What tank is a Warcrime?

The PzV M10. It's a Panther that's been altered cosmetically to loosely resemble an M10 tank destroyer. The Nazis did it during the Ardennes Offensive because Hitler thought it'd be effective to run a bunch of working Panthers (an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) around behind enemy lines to stir ~confusion~ amongst the Allies by staging harassment attacks when they would've been more effective just serving normal duty on the front. That's against the ~rules of war~ that no one ever follows (since they all think they're going to win), hence why it's called a Warcrime Panther.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Just in case, most people tend to follow the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The PzV M10. It's a Panther that's been altered cosmetically to loosely resemble an M10 tank destroyer. The Nazis did it during the Ardennes Offensive because Hitler thought it'd be effective to run a bunch of working Panthers (an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) around behind enemy lines to stir ~confusion~ amongst the Allies by staging harassment attacks when they would've been more effective just serving normal duty on the front. That's against the ~rules of war~ that no one ever follows (since they all think they're going to win), hence why it's called a Warcrime Panther.

Thanks everyone, I knew the background of the Panther/M10 just didn't connect the clever and amusing nickname.

Is the Churchill GC worth bothering with? I am trying to eventually do all [or maybe almost all] the tank lines as a long term goal but that one is a lot of xp for a pointless diversion that seems to be a disliked tank.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

And for gameplay context, the Warcrime is as mobile as the Panther, but only has the 7.5cm L/70 gun rather than the 100, however gets tier 7 pref matchmaking to make up for it

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This is pretty much all you need to see to know the Double Hitler Panther isn't worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEUK4gbJaUI

"This is such a great tank it's got the HP of a heavy and it's pretty fast and blah blah hurrity blah here's a bunch of images of it killing things in rehearsed 1v1s but never being shot at itself *three minutes in* this tank doesn't have preferential matchmaking but HEY that's okay, just shoot tracks, give your crew TD-helping camo-heavy skills, and carry 15 APCR rounds or something gently caress you give us money."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 25, 2014

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
It fires faster, too, one shot every 3 seconds instead of 4. If you stock liberal amounts of APCR and don't try to shove your way to the front lines, it's fun. Most fun I had in it was during Historicals though, shame those are gone.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

KurdtLives posted:

Is the Churchill GC worth bothering with? I am trying to eventually do all [or maybe almost all] the tank lines as a long term goal but that one is a lot of xp for a pointless diversion that seems to be a disliked tank.

It would be a pretty decent tier 5, though one with a lot of glaring weaknesses.

e: the Valentine AT is fine with the derp, the Alecto is extremely good with the derp, and the AT-2 is extremely good without the derp (please do not use the derp on the AT-2).

Here's how the AT-8 compares with the ChurchillGC: when the line was released, there was an event. The top 100 players who got the most base XP in a single battle would receive gold, with the top 3 getting fancy tanks. The highest, the absolutely highest xp game EVER for the Churchill GC during that event, would not have been enough to receive gold in the AT-8.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 25, 2014

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
wait.

Did you, Hellsau, just call the Churchill GC a "pretty decent tier 5"?

Its such a bad tank. I don't have the time to write out fully why its so bad, but just know that everyone should never ever attempt driving a churchill GC.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The Churchill GC also will make you a priority target as it's one of the rarest tanks in the game, and pretty much EVERY pubbie needs it for Master Tanker and the UK kills medal.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

KurdtLives posted:

It's a painful tank. If you must get it, get it after you already have the top gun, radio, engines, and AT 7 researched. Free XP the tracks, fully kit it out, and then you can relatively painlessly grind through the second gun.

Edit: For those of you that don't know, the CGC and the AT 8 both unlock the same tank. I ultimately decided it would be less painful go through the AT-8 and grind something like 100kxp than it would be to get that last 25kxp in a fully upgraded CGC.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 25, 2014

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

wait.

Did you, Hellsau, just call the Churchill GC a "pretty decent tier 5"?

Its such a bad tank. I don't have the time to write out fully why its so bad, but just know that everyone should never ever attempt driving a churchill GC.

I think the Valentine and the M3 Lees would make for pretty good tier 3s. I think the FV183 and 113 are some of the best tier nine tanks available. I don't get why everyone complains about the Lowe - sure its slow but that gun at tier 7 is killer.

e: serious for a second I would kill for a tier six Chi-Ri.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I think the Valentine and the M3 Lees would make for pretty good tier 3s. I think the FV183 and 113 are some of the best tier nine tanks available. I don't get why everyone complains about the Lowe - sure its slow but that gun at tier 7 is killer.

I think you meant to say E-25. The Lowe's a non-pref-MM T8 that most often sees 8-10.

Pubbies (Wehraboos especially) have been yelling for a T7 pref-MM Tiger-based premium for years.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 25, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
He's being facetious, every tank he mentioned is so bad that it would be average at one tier lower.

CGC is 6, Lee/Valentine are 4s, Lowe is 8.

Actually the Lowe is arguable but good lord it should have preferential MM. If you took a KT and gave it shittier armor and made it significantly slower you'd get a Lowe. It's almost Maus slow.

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 25, 2014

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Magres posted:

He's being facetious, every tank he mentioned is so bad that it would be average at one tier lower.

CGC is 6, Lee/Valentine are 4s, Lowe is 8.

Actually the Lowe is arguable but good lord it should have preferential MM. If you took a KT and gave it shittier armor and made it significantly slower you'd get a Lowe. It's almost Maus slow.

This guy gets it. Magres is among the best players in RDDT3 so he should know.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
You'd have to be the size of an ant to let that joke go over your head

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hellsau posted:

This guy gets it. Magres is among the best players in RDDT3 so he should know.

gently caress you too :h:

Merry Christmas thread! My Christmas wish is that my Lowe gets pref MM. Knock off some pen or whatever, I don't even care, just stop making me fight loving tier 10s in a tank that isn't even good.

Hellsau, do you still do WGLNA bronze/silver? I've been getting the itch to do that poo poo again since the campaign, tier 8s are really fun and I have fond memories of getting yelled at by you. Goonsquad actually even did pretty okay when people actually showed up (which was a loving rarity, unfortunately). Just pokin around and looking for a team

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 25, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know what's worse, the top tier IS-6 who sat in the back corner doing loving nothing and then messaged me to say 'look at the stats kid I did more than you :smug:' after he got a grand total of 750 damage in it, or the theoretically green E-100 base camp sniping malinovka and telling people they were idiots for going hill and that he was going to have to carry us, when the tanks that went hill did about 75% of the total damage between them trying to deal with basically the entire team hiding in the forest.

I know what's worse, both times I was in my stock STA-1 and had my only tier 8 game in 5 attempts ruined by one, and got a lovely daily in one of the 4 tier 10 battles I got in the other.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So I love making poor decisions and actually sorta wanna grind out those missions for the WZ-111. Any of you terrible poopsockers have one yet?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

primelaw posted:

So I love making poor decisions and actually sorta wanna grind out those missions for the WZ-111. Any of you terrible poopsockers have one yet?

It's a 112 without a fuel tank located front and center, with a nastier IS-3-like pike up front, shooting a lovely D-25T variant that has HEAT instead of APCR. It also moves more like a medium than a heavy.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

If you want a german med trainer, wait for the t55a because we always need more russian meds. Infact t54s for every branch pls wg.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Stupid servers, right as I was getting a platoon together :argh:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MariusLecter posted:

Stupid servers, right as I was getting a platoon together :argh:

West is still up!

Snakes in a can posted:

If you want a german med trainer, wait for the t55a because we always need more russian meds. Infact t54s for every branch pls wg.

British T-54A as captured in Hungary!
American T-55, as captured by Israel!

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 25, 2014

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

RandomPauI posted:

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

A pubbie got mad at me last night - he did the standard PM and ignore, but I had time to thank him for his sarcastic comments before he closed the chat window. Evidently this gnawed at him, because about an hour later he unignored me and messaged me again with the excellent comeback he had been thinking up ("learn to play, kid") before ignoring me again. I think that means I won.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

primelaw posted:

Posted about it in the last thread. It's excellent, and is probably going to be my moneymaker of choice from now on

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

McGavin posted:

Yeah, but the Valentine is that bad upgraded. A fully upgraded tier 4 tank with less DPM than the majority of tier 2 tanks is just shameful.

It's very easy to fix the Valentine but because it's on the British line I don't expect WG even know it needs fixing.

Up the RoF on the six pounder and 75mm a bit to get the DPM in line with other tier 4's and put in the historically accurate 210bhp engine in that was in the Valentine with the 75mm.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

e: serious for a second I would kill for a tier six Chi-Ri.

Magres posted:

I think the biggest complaint against the lowe is, as Hellsau said, its speed. I was once climbing a hill next a MAUS with my Lowe, and we were neck and neck. Both just as painfully slow. I would pay :10bux: to have a better engine on the Lowe. Its top speed is great.. Its the horsepower to weight ratio that is awful i think.

Other than that, the Lowe is a great tank. Back when I bought it, it was awesome. I am not sure if it is still worth its current price tho(its still 50$ right?)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love games like this, they remind me why I love the T34 so much.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1457209#northwest-mesadoram-t34

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Oh I know what tier the cgc is. It would still be poo poo.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Trying to actually get kills right now is the goddamn worst.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It would be a pretty decent tier 5, though one with a lot of glaring weaknesses.

e: the Valentine AT is fine with the derp, the Alecto is extremely good with the derp, and the AT-2 is extremely good without the derp (please do not use the derp on the AT-2).

Here's how the AT-8 compares with the ChurchillGC: when the line was released, there was an event. The top 100 players who got the most base XP in a single battle would receive gold, with the top 3 getting fancy tanks. The highest, the absolutely highest xp game EVER for the Churchill GC during that event, would not have been enough to receive gold in the AT-8.

Thanks, I am up to the AT-8, I enjoyed the line so far except I never clicked with the Alecto.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Since everyone seemed to like that free day of premium code...

...if you can bring yourselves to download and log into the WoWP client, you get a free day of premium for doing that, too.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...if you can bring yourselves to download and log into the WoWP client, you get a free day of premium for doing that, too.

I'd rather pay for it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't do it, they managed to make the matchmaker worse somehow.