Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I think I'm um about 7 million by now. Haven't even played any regular matches outside of the 40KV2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

serious gaylord posted:

It's only running for this month before they take it away again. I imagine because I made 4 million credits in a couple hours gameplay its far too profitable to have permanently in game.

a game mode where the players are having fun and arent getting their poo poo pushed in by tier 10's 90% of the time? cant have that nope!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

HFX posted:

I played frontline last night. Holy crap. It is actually fun and the maps aren't complete rear end although I have noted a few issues. Being able to fight all T8 tanks is kicking rad too. How long before WG ruins this or doesn't give it enough maps to keep it fresh?

There is only one map for frontlines. One large map. As said, this was a temporary thing and will be going away. Probably permanently like how chagfee racing on port went.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

JuffoWup posted:

There is only one map for frontlines. One large map. As said, this was a temporary thing and will be going away. Probably permanently like how chagfee racing on port went.

Just seems like a huge waste of resources to do that. At least keep it around T10 only as a replacement for 'grand' battles.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I feel like they will bring it back every now and then with tier changes for which tier tanks get to play it but who knows.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WG are very good at wasting resources.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CompeAnansi posted:

Just seems like a huge waste of resources to do that. At least keep it around T10 only as a replacement for 'grand' battles.

Wargaming ALWAYS does this poo poo. They've got so many game modes and maps where they just don't bother fixing any problems with them, they just let them die.

How many players never got to play the Karl or 8-bit modes?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

wow those two seconds it takes to switch from siege mode to normal mode really do gently caress you every time

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

A Handed Missus posted:

wow those two seconds it takes to switch from siege mode to normal mode really do gently caress you every time

If you are constantly moving around, the tank sucks. If you can camp a ridgeline and not have to move much, you can melt faces. The S-tanks were designed for the defense of sweden, not the assault of russia. As such, in a defensive posture, they are fine. But a mobile team that can actually left click will have you struggling with switching to and from siege mode.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

If you are constantly moving around, the tank sucks. If you can camp a ridgeline and not have to move much, you can melt faces. The S-tanks were designed for the defense of sweden, not the assault of russia. As such, in a defensive posture, they are fine. But a mobile team that can actually left click will have you struggling with switching to and from siege mode.

Eh, calling TheFluff to this thread.
S-tanks were assault tanks and located to areas in Sweden ideal for classic tank warfare. The idea for them was to assault any Soviet beachheads before it was consolidated.
Contrary to WoT, at the time of their inception all tanks, including S-tanks, stopped and fired. So the disadvantage of having no turret was not as great compared to having a low profile and massive slope.
Please don’t associate WoT with reality.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ports coming back!!!!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

serious gaylord posted:

Ports coming back!!!!

my favorite, i loved clowning people in the small hilly square in the south east..arty could ruin some peoples days on that map too

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Cardiac posted:

S-tanks were assault tanks and located to areas in Sweden ideal for classic tank warfare. The idea for them was to assault any Soviet beachheads before it was consolidated.
Contrary to WoT, at the time of their inception all tanks, including S-tanks, stopped and fired. So the disadvantage of having no turret was not as great compared to having a low profile and massive slope.

Then the documentaries I've seen are wrong. The way I got it, they were designed to take advantage of the hilly nature of the country. And if a hill wasn't available to peek over, they could make their own (if they have the dozer blade of course). If the position is threatened, the 2nd driver facing the rear would take over and it had nearly the same speed in reverse allowing it to quickly fall back to the next hill to try again. Now, I agree that the siege mode stuff didn't happen in real life so the tank didn't take ages to reset if needed to. I agree to that.

And I'm surprised such a siege mode hasn't been implemented to arty. Especially since most of the high tier arty have ditch braces on the rear specifically designed handle the recoil.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Cardiac posted:

I'm not TheFluff, but I can link to his website; http://tanks.mod16.org/2016/08/19/stridsvagn-103-was-not-a-tank-destroyer/

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Do you guys think they are going to have a marathon for the KV-5 next week or are they going to just sell it for 24 hours?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Then the documentaries I've seen are wrong.

yes

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

serious gaylord posted:

Ports coming back!!!!

Finally. Hope they don't gently caress it up.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Finally. Hope they don't gently caress it up.

lol

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mesadoram posted:

Finally. Hope they haven't changed it one bit.

Fixed for most optimistic take on WG messing it up :colbert:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smith:

EponymousMrYar posted:

Fixed for most optimistic take on WG messing it up :colbert:

poo poo. Even in my most optimistic mind set I know they had to of change the spawns. And maybe add like 1000 trees.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously they made Sacred Valley, already one of the worst maps in the game, substantially worse when they added that mountain+deathtrap castle which blocked the southeast's line of sight to the entire map, thereby rendering what little utility the southeast could provide into nothingness. They added that Glacier map to the game. They loving flooded the west of Steppes so heavies basically can't go there anymore without being promptly murdered crossing. Their map design philosophy currently seems to be "make our lovely maps much worse for one or both sides" so I assume north spawn on Port is going to be corralled into an even smaller portion of the map so south can just run roughshod over them every match.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Seriously they made Sacred Valley, already one of the worst maps in the game, substantially worse when they added that mountain+deathtrap castle which blocked the southeast's line of sight to the entire map, thereby rendering what little utility the southeast could provide into nothingness. They added that Glacier map to the game. They loving flooded the west of Steppes so heavies basically can't go there anymore without being promptly murdered crossing. Their map design philosophy currently seems to be "make our lovely maps much worse for one or both sides" so I assume north spawn on Port is going to be corralled into an even smaller portion of the map so south can just run roughshod over them every match.

It's just gonna be the Thunderdome.

But with 2000 trees. And some rocking banjo music.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Have another P43b Ace replay, with a R-W to boot! :getin:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

a good tank :)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

I liked the (original?) version of Sacred Valley, where the nw was a raised area that the sw team had to climb in the open, so if the ne team had a scout with brains the ne team would get a shooting gallery. Good times.

And you forgot to add how Erlenberg got a forested/bushy ridgeline in sw and ne, so both teams have a really covered place for double bushing and shooting anything being dumb enough to try to push into them, leaving more and more players awkwardly brawling in the middle that has gotten rubble piles blocking passage all over the place. Protip: if you're in a moderately fast tank, push K1 from north, or A0 from south, to gently caress up the enemy campers or get shot trying to get there. Either way you'll be done with that dumb map.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

that last second kill on the p43 ter.. maybe if you hadnt been camping so much you would have had more hp from not being hit by arty :q:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gone Fashing posted:

that last second kill on the p43 ter.. maybe if you hadnt been camping so much you would have had more hp from not being hit by arty :q:

Yeah, that's how I play. :shrug:

I was quite surprised by where I was actually getting hit by the GWP, especially that last shot near the house at the end, considering the GWP doesn't have a huge splash radius. I mean, the player was a shitter, and yet he was making shots that for me would've curved into the buildings.

At the very end when that P43t popped up, as I was turning to aim I thought to myself, "I'm going to get off a killing shot on him as he simultaneously kills me." :getin:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i was just being glib anyway you werent camping. nice game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am so loving god drat completely sick of every game being a 15-2 stomp these days, purely determined by which team happens to get the good players and which the poo poo botters and the idiots who are so red even Stalin would think it's a bit much.

The EU servers are such a complete loving poo poo heap right now.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Der Shovel posted:

Until this, I assumed you were talking about NA. :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CompeAnansi posted:

Well I'm sure it's a problem on the US servers too as you guys don't have decent matchmaking either, but probably over there 2/3 of the team isn't just yelling obscenities back and forth at each other in Polish and Russian.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah I was gonna apologize for not being there to help carry but still can't transfer servers six years into the game so oh well.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Der Shovel posted:

I am so loving god drat completely sick of every game being a 15-2 stomp these days, purely determined by which team happens to get the good players and which the poo poo botters and the idiots who are so red even Stalin would think it's a bit much.

Eh, most of the time the stomps don't seem to be determined by who get the good players, but by who sends over half their team to one flank and they all simultaneously forget to camp and just keeps pushing. A sea of red will drown any player regardless of skill. The good players will try not to be there when the wave comes along but there's only so much they can do before retreating all the way into the enemy cap. It's hosed up but I don't see a solution past teaching people where the best place for each tank is and the huge majority will never loving figure that out so yeah.

And the servers are a complete loving poo poo heap all the time, you're just imagining it when you think there's ever a change :v:

Der Shovel posted:

Well I'm sure it's a problem on the US servers too as you guys don't have decent matchmaking either, but probably over there 2/3 of the team isn't just yelling obscenities back and forth at each other in Polish and Russian.

Mostly it's just broken english, aka 'murrican. But there's about the same amount of obscenities flowing, bit more racist comment on US with more people smugly using their mother language on EU because I guess they think the dumb foreigners won't understand them then. Which makes no sense since then they're not really getting their insults across but who the gently caress can understand the mind of the average pubbie.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gone Fashing posted:

i was just being glib anyway you werent camping. nice game.

I really do play like a CHAI sniper most of the time, though. :shrug:

This extends to Frontline, which I just started playing the other night, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It's really a huge loving improvement over random battles: it's fun, relaxing, there's respawning, decent profits, same-tier MM, less arty, and it's far less toxic. On the last point, you generally don't focus on or worry about who the individual players are, and there are enough of them that it doesn't matter how many tards there are, because they're effective in a swarm and there will be some competent players to balance things out.

And despite all that, Frontline is a temporary game mode that's only available for a specific window of time each day. Wargaming has managed to come up with something good for once and yet they still gently caress it up. :doh:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

and the best part is stats and gun marks dont work in it so no stress except sometimes i get bored and just exit the game i wonder what happens to my team when i've done that

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
They need to smooth over the Frontline map, too many dumb little obstacles like the scaffolding on the outside of the hangers by objective one.

Also if you turn off chat it's still on in Frontline.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The tank traps they scatter around drive me nuts.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Anyone feel like attacking has gotten super easy and made games shorter in frontlines with the changes recently?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Agrajag posted:

Anyone feel like attacking has gotten super easy and made games shorter in frontlines with the changes recently?

i dont know..what changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

i dont know..what changes

They reduced the needed points to cap in tier 2 more depending on how many other zones you have captured. I have always found attacking really easy if your retards accompany you to the circle instead of sitting in the back trading with a skorpin at 499 meters.