Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

I forgot to login and play a battle for the free tank, streak continued.

It's got the best camo rating out of all light tanks in the game.

At tier 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

almost done with the valentine.. it sucks because i keep getting tier 6 battles

i am NOT having fun

Everything about the Valentine is pretty loving terrible regardless. It's only any fun when you get to poo poo all over the worst Tier III vehicles, and even then the rate of fire's abominable.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I'm at the Charioteer and starting to enjoy it but the rest of that line is mostly an exercise in frustration, trying to work around serious inadequacies.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

It's got the best camo rating out of all light tanks in the game.

At tier 2.

Does it have higher applicable DPM and better mobility than all of its tiermates while also having special matchmaking? Did I miss out on the tier 2 E-25?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Barry posted:

I'm at the Charioteer and starting to enjoy it but the rest of that line is mostly an exercise in frustration, trying to work around serious inadequacies.

The best part about the charioteer is that the 105 l7 got hesh rounds. That makes it hilarious to use as people still expect 300 damage hits or bounces. Not for you to do 600 at their butss or just smash their face for 100 and break their gun.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

its a POS light with no turret no armor and a short burst machine gun that has like 4 sprays not good so you didnt miss out

so i got the archer. to 3 mark it you need 90 DPG

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 14, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

Does it have higher applicable DPM and better mobility than all of its tiermates while also having special matchmaking? Did I miss out on the tier 2 E-25?

Nah its poo poo at everything else but I do find the camo rating rather absurd.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

its a POS light with no turret no armor and a short burst machine gun that has like 4 sprays not good so you didnt miss out

so i got the archer. to 3 mark it you need 90 DPG

I think that's the mod loving up. When I bought the soviet t-34 last week it said I needed only 400 for 100% moe.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

does it have better camo than the ue 57?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

JuffoWup posted:

does it have better camo than the ue 57?

Apparently the best camo rating on a light tank in the entire game. I guess maybe one of the swedish td's is better? tanks.gg doesn't have it in the system yet so I can't compare its values to find out for sure but its what Dez said and hes not normally wrong.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

it's also the smallest tank in the game, no?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Apparently the best camo rating on a light tank in the entire game. I guess maybe one of the swedish td's is better? tanks.gg doesn't have it in the system yet so I can't compare its values to find out for sure but its what Dez said and hes not normally wrong.

Well, the ue 57 is that little french td. It is across class, but does it outperform even that little bitty thing.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
I BEAT THE GAME http://wotreplays.eu/site/4492730#nebelburg-turmoilx-t110e4 ALL MISSIONS DONE WITH SECS all for a dumb gold badge that doesnt even look as cool as it does in the garage IN battle, but heres it in garage

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 14, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

That's ok, it's not that great.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's a free slot, in case you don't have 10 spare like most of us.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Excellent, now you can uninstall and never reinstall, your work is done! You beat the game! You were a bad enough dude!

Tahirovic posted:

It's a free slot, in case you don't have 10 spare like most of us.

I have 80 empty slots.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Excellent, now you can uninstall and never reinstall, your work is done! You beat the game! You were a bad enough dude!

I have 80 empty slots.

i could fill those slots in a couple days.. also if i quit now..how would i perform poorly in battle but still show off my cool completionist medal.

i do really wanna play wow but i tried warrior and that might of ruined the experience for me because it started me off with like 1 skill that does 5 damage or something and a 1h weapon with no off hand weapon and i found a bad rear end looking shark an elite, and i wanted its loot as a mighty level 7 i thought i could beat it up but i died and logged off because playing with a 1h weapon and no off hand wasn't fun and i wanted to see the drop from that over sized shark :(

can't wait for the new missions im gonna do them all in a month!! -if they dont make them stupidly harder than when i first saw them-

had a good win in the archer https://imgur.com/5vZoEmm 1700 is quite a bit for that tank to do if you ask me since the expected for 100% mark says 550 for me at the moment. a lot of good team mates too real team work now hour later i just had a 1900 dmg game with a "haloen's medal" a medal for killing two tanks 2 tiers higher in a td or something like that..im starting to like the archer can imagine it'd be cooler with sixth sense with its 360life and all .. :update just had a 2600 dmg draw in it team mate camped instead of trying to win gg anyway

just ran into a guy named "ryeb" it was a close game possibility to win but instead of trying in his grille he shoots a wall multiple times to suicide after saying "we lose bye" so after the battle i think drat i have to know what a real losers stats look like, so i go and look at his service record .. get this, 48k+ battles and never played tier 10, his highest tier is a tier 9 t54 lol and his ONLY tier 9 .. ill give him credit for staying out of the high tiers though thank him for that.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I think that's the mod loving up. When I bought the soviet t-34 last week it said I needed only 400 for 100% moe.
you are correct as i gain more battles it gets higher.. :( just got my first mark on archer at 33 battles , 66.07% on mark ..kinda want 3 since its easy

this icon might in some cases not be the best idea

i was informed of this https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/%E2%80%98world-of-tanks%E2%80%99-to-hold-massive-fan-event-in-chicago-next-month/ar-BBLT4HG im thinking of going for a type 59 because its near me anyone else ? - oh wait i think its a console peasant convention ..well there it is nerds

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 15, 2018

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!
I have two WoT keys on the EU server, one for an Excelsior with a 100% crew, and one for new players giving a M22 and 7 days of premium.

I can't use them, PM me, first come first served.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I hit a Bobject 430 in the side (astoundingly lovely lowroll) as he attempted to race around and flank an allied Obj. 257, and it miraculously set him on fire. Watched him burn to death 90 seconds into a battle while I laughed, sat in my lovely AMX 65t.

I mean it was still a loss after that but whatever, ruined his fun and hopefully his daily double with it.

:cabot:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I hit a Bobject 430 in the side (astoundingly lovely lowroll) as he attempted to race around and flank an allied Obj. 257, and it miraculously set him on fire. Watched him burn to death 90 seconds into a battle while I laughed, sat in my lovely AMX 65t.

I mean it was still a loss after that but whatever, ruined his fun and hopefully his daily double with it.

Bottom tier in my Progetto on Mountain Pass. My team that went west folded and a 430U came at me clearly knowing I was no match at all for that tank. Landed 1 shot into a 430U and set him on fire for nearly 1000 damage in total. He killed me but oh you know he was mad.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

moolchaba posted:

Man, I want one of those so bad, just not bad enough to buy one. I always went for the tankrewards crate that had possibility of e25 prize.

Most e25 players I encounter are terrible though, and I probably wouldn't be much better than that.

Hey, I earned my e25 through badness thank you very much

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I managed to track, set fire too, and ammo rack a 430 with one LTTB shot a couple nights ago. Turned into an impressive 4k damage Himmelsdorf game (1.4k base exp).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I managed to track, set fire too, and ammo rack a 430 with one LTTB shot a couple nights ago. Turned into an impressive 4k damage Himmelsdorf game (1.4k base exp).

I've never seen a fire ammo rack someone before. I've had mine damaged but its never gone up. Lmao.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^I've had my KV-2 go up from a racking. Unfortunately I've been pretty far away from the ones I've managed to rack so I don't get to see the pretty flames. Got to watch the turrets pop off though

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

But why carry a fire extinguisher?
I've been setting a number more blazes than normal lately. Maybe there's a new consumable called "Douse your tank in gasoline"?

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 15, 2018

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The new meta is to run rations over an extinguisher and hedge by using bonds to increase fire fighting skills to 100%.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorman Thomas posted:

The new meta is to run rations over an extinguisher and hedge by using bonds to increase fire fighting skills to 100%.

Blame youtube stars for this much like sidescraping in tanks with no side armour. Circon does it so I have to do it to be a good player too!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

serious gaylord posted:

Blame youtube stars for this much like sidescraping in tanks with no side armour. Circon does it so I have to do it to be a good player too!

Yeah, this. I'm enjoying all the the tanks I get to burn down.

I'll run rations instead of an auto extinguisher in lights and similar. Anything where I can't take many hits anyway and am relying on camo and running away.

And as for inappropriate sidescraping I just saw a Pershing on my team try to do so against a T34 heavy instead of relocating to cover as we were losing on Himmelsdorf. In fact, he exposed himself to fire while making sure it was impossible to shoot back. He got tracked and blew up exactly as fast as you think.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I assume that I sidescrape in a number of tanks that I have no real business doing it, mostly because I can't be bothered to try and figure out which tanks do or don't have good side armor. I've already filled my brain with enough worthless WoT knowledge.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

found another funny guy "vptrout" 50k battles no tier 10

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/vptrout

ANYONE know what this dudes clan icon is? cant figure it out looks like a bird with no feathers on https://imgur.com/ZiXETRw

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 16, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

I assume that I sidescrape in a number of tanks that I have no real business doing it, mostly because I can't be bothered to try and figure out which tanks do or don't have good side armor. I've already filled my brain with enough worthless WoT knowledge.

Same here for the most part. If it's a Heavy Tank, I'll sidescrape. If it's a Medium Tank, I'll sidescrape unless it's one of those paper things that has no business even being looked at, never mind shot at. On that note, I saw some dipshit trying to sidescrape in a Hellcat earlier. Let that sink in for a moment.

Shot him to bits with the Firefly VC before he realised what he was doing wrong (being seen). That rate of fire is ridiculous.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I had a 3.2k damage game in my M43 thanks to idiots without extinguishers.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Turmoilx posted:

ANYONE know what this dudes clan icon is? cant figure it out looks like a bird with no feathers on https://imgur.com/ZiXETRw

You dickhead! :v:

Also, wtf?! 383 battles in tier 8, with 16 loving tier 8 premiums. Why would he keep buying them if he's never gonna play them?

Valle fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 16, 2018

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

rentals probably

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Except he's got a shitton of premiums, not just the tier 8 ones. Can they all be rentals? At this point I'm just assuming he's explaining it away by thinking of it as paying WG for playing the game he apparently likes a lot.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Got an unexpected Ace Tanker on the Archer earlier, ~2,700 damage combined/~1,100 base experience. No idea if that's the actual requirement for such an achievement or if I was just overperforming way too much (it was a Tier VII game with an enemy team absolutely full of windowlicking pubbies, with most of their stuff trying to rush the base but pausing every time they got hit to try and land lucky hits on an invisible TD).

Of course this good game was then immediately triple-offset by a terrible run of battles in the SU-122-44, where I was once again firmly placed on "my team" and had to watch a bunch of retards all huddle up and fail to kill anything every time.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I have to assume the mastery exp for the Archer is absurdly low. The average pubbie can't drive a normal tank, god forbid one that the controls are reversed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
In case you've been getting shot by an invisible Swedish td that shouldn't be able to hit you on Arctic region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_s5w5-bujk

'We're gonna get rid of all boosting in 1.0 we promise!!'

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

got my first ace in obj 704 .. interesting ending a bad player carried the game http://wotreplays.eu/site/4497056#live_oaks-turmoilx-object_704

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Posting to see how many months sober Ive been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

1 year 9 months. stay strong fellow quitters.