Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Turmoilx posted:

so still nothing on the fcm huh, still not worth logging in then

The 50t got a bigger engine. I think there was some other stuff as well. The thing really handles like a fat medium more than it did before. The jt88 is hilarious with that traverse buff.

Also, the clownshoe is drat near broken again:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Holy gently caress, the JT88 traverse is comical

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy gently caress, the JT88 traverse is comical

It sure is. :getin:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

so still nothing on the fcm huh, still not worth logging in then

FCM is great, it gets 10 degrees of gun depression and better p/w ratio than like almost all the T8 mediums. Think it go a slight dpm buffa as well.

If you liked its play style before they kept that intact but made it so much better.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm so tired of this drat camp site. I want the old garage back.

Some days I just log in to spin my tank (a la Eve online) and this nature crap is distracting.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I'm so tired of this drat camp site. I want the old garage back.

Some days I just log in to spin my tank (a la Eve online) and this nature crap is distracting.

Try the "hangman (Hangar Manager)" mod (in Aslain's.) It lets you change the garage to your heart's content, and I use the one that puts your tank in the position it was in the last battle, which can lead to hilarious results.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres a Chinese bulldog on the way.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Theres a Chinese bulldog on the way.
Yeah and it's looking to be a bit poo poo. Okay. Let's not beat around the bush here, this is a "balanced" LT after all the scout nonsense was banished so we're left with a "lol ok" vehicle that's going to be outspotted by pretty much everything at Tier IX and above. Have fun against the Tier X MM.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Cartoon posted:

Highway is complete dogshit. It was complete dogshit before so... I mean if getting into a dogshit tasting comparison test is your idea of a good time.

Also complete dog poo poo in current rotation:

Paris
Mines
Minsk

Other maps are just dogshit, not complete dogshit (don't ask me how I know).
Adding to this list:

Forgot Provence.
The new china map. Which is also available in assault if you like being defender. Attackers need not apply for victory. Is there any way we can access w/l by side, team (etc.) on the various maps as players?

Honourable Mention
Serene Coast

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Still here saying that Prokhorovka isn't a big steaming heap of poo poo. I can make that one work for me at Tier VII and lower.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Prok was a perfectly reasonable map when there wasn't arti, because you could play view range games and triangulate with sixth sense to slowly find and whittle down enemy teams, either pushing the east hill and 6 line, or playing the west such that you have passive scouting dominance while also peeking the 3 line. Arti shows up and then suddenly playing the east hill or center is on a clock, because after a few minutes that arti reduce HP enough to doom any attempted push.

They redesigned the west so there's literally never a reason to go there, because you cannot approach it at all. The 3 line is totally vulnerable to all of the southwest campers, and presumably it's the same from the north. Since you can't apply pressure on the west without great risk, that means you can't really push the mid or even peek enough to fight the enemy mid players without getting smacked from the west, so the east needs to spot the east hill, and also has to kill all the enemy players in the mid and also keep off any more than one enemy camping the south rail crossing, and then they have to push the east and win it before the enemy can move any more people within sight of their push, and if they cross in a big push then an arti splash even just stunning them can turn it into a rout. So everyone just camps or dies and the map is poo poo forever.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, my JT88 has 3421 dpm now. :stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, my JT88 has 3421 dpm now. :stare:

well it pays a lot for that DPM - it turns slowly, it can easily be penned by lower tiers, it ---

wait nevermind

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

pays fifty bucks is what it does

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's fuckin' magic when you get to poo poo on someone trying the usual lazy no-effort flanking moves against the JT88 now. Up they come with grand ideas and dreams of scoring an easy 1500 damage, only to be greeted by some mighty swivel-action and 7 shells to the loving face for their trouble while they take 1500 damage instead :allears:

In less happy news, the TVP VTU seems to be about as much fun as hitting your dick with a hammer.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I have the premium Czech medium (from the Christmas gamble?) and I already crammed one of my lady commanders in it, but I've never taken it out for a spin, and while I really want the tier 9 or 10, my only experience with the previous Skodas when I face them ingame is that they're a joke, so I don't really feel good about grinding that line at all.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Weekend teams, weekend teams

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Weekend teams, weekend teams

Look at that, just like clockwork the Weekend Windowlickers are out in full force. Desire to play just hit zero and will stay that way until I start drinking later on, when I won't be giving a gently caress and will wantonly just throw my tank off a cliff/bridge the moment I see the team do whatever dumb loving weekend poo poo they can to lose within the first minute.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have the premium Czech medium (from the Christmas gamble?) and I already crammed one of my lady commanders in it, but I've never taken it out for a spin, and while I really want the tier 9 or 10, my only experience with the previous Skodas when I face them ingame is that they're a joke, so I don't really feel good about grinding that line at all.
The Skoda T40 is some seriously gimped stuff. It's made of polystyrene, it's got 50hp less than the average MT for its tier (reasons behind this are as mysterious as they come) and the gun just doesn't behave as well as the nearest equivalent, the German 8,8cm L/56. Laughably the TVP VTU is effectively the same tank but two tiers higher. I've had countless same-tier HT players lob HE at my UFP with reliable results; that's how poo poo the armour is.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the JT88 is a beast now.

The buffs made it a little - but not considerably - better in tier 9 matchups, but with pref matchmaking and 3/5/7, it's SO MUCH stronger against equal or lower tiers. It should have had gotten the HP buff AGES ago, simply because it's the exact same hull as the Jagdtiger, so there was never a reason for it to have like a full 800 fewer hitpoints while being incredibly immobile in comparison.

The mobility buffs both in traverse and reverse speed were perfectly fine in my opinion, but buffing the reload and the gun handling...Wargaming.

/edit:

I can't believe I finally get to pull my most-played tank out of the 48% WR on account of not being able to carry

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

So is my IS-6 Great Again? I read the thing on WG's site and all it says is 'improved front armor' gonna hope it's the roof weak spot they made impenetrable. Last time I played for an extended time was during that frontlines thing which should be the permanent default game mode for each tier

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fat Jesus posted:

So is my IS-6 Great Again? I read the thing on WG's site and all it says is 'improved front armor' gonna hope it's the roof weak spot they made impenetrable. Last time I played for an extended time was during that frontlines thing which should be the permanent default game mode for each tier

No.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Question. I do not own it because it was trash back when I had it and only got worse, but I'm curious. Did any of these buffs make it to the Panther 8.8? That thing is such utter dogshit I wondered if WG would ever do anything for it to become a somewhat playable tank

Fat Jesus posted:

IS-6 is still the suck. Don't bother

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im going to stop playing this game for a while now. All weekend its been like this. Going to let the new patch madness die down.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Im going to stop playing this game for a while now. All weekend its been like this. Going to let the new patch madness die down.

For a moment I genuinely thought that was the same image as before.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

serious gaylord posted:

I'll see your .jpg and raise you:

That 692 damage was done by the one shot I was able to make in my arty before being killed by a light tank on Ill Hoof. That really raises the bar on poo poo team. I love 1 minute matches.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The Skoda T40 is some seriously gimped stuff. It's made of polystyrene, it's got 50hp less than the average MT for its tier (reasons behind this are as mysterious as they come) and the gun just doesn't behave as well as the nearest equivalent, the German 8,8cm L/56. Laughably the TVP VTU is effectively the same tank but two tiers higher. I've had countless same-tier HT players lob HE at my UFP with reliable results; that's how poo poo the armour is.

This is accurate. Having a 240 alpha gun at T6 is pretty nice, so when RNG is going your way and the enemy teams leaves you alone it can do some work. It dies as soon as the enemy team so much as raises their voice.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cartoon posted:

I'll see your .jpg and raise you:

That 692 damage was done by the one shot I was able to make in my arty before being killed by a light tank on Ill Hoof. That really raises the bar on poo poo team. I love 1 minute matches.

I didnt have a single enjoyable game all weekend. Capped off by this loving twat in a Skorpion who went and drowned himself because I hurt his fee fee's after he spent 3 minutes on Glacier refusing to move while on full health to flank a T28 that I had locked down and was killing until he HE'd me to death. He drove up the aircraft carrier and sat there. I couldn't get away as I was a one shot and there was an invisible T34M that could kill me if I so much as backed up or down the ridge I was on. I got the T28 down to 300hp and he then drove into the middle of the cap, missed his shot and drove off to drown.

http://www.wotstats.org/stats/eu/wolf_lobo/

gently caress you you loving prick.

And then i realised this game had actually made me legit angry and I've said enough for awhile. Im gonna go play Cities skylines where the bad players cant hurt me anymore.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is it me or is the Comet not very good now, with power creep etc? Is it worth going further up the British medium line?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 15, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

icantfindaname posted:

Is it me or is the Comet not very good now, with power creep etc? Is it worth going further up the British medium line?

Sorry the Comet is amazing. The Cent is better, the 7/1 is best and the AX is meh.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

icantfindaname posted:

The Comet is fine. If you're trying to shoot at the front of heavies, the only time pen is an issue, you're doing it wrong. Use your speed and maneuverability to get to the sides and rear of things.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is the batchat line worth grinding up? I'm about 20% of the way to the AMX 13 75. I seem to remember the batchat being really good and everything before it being awful

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

Is the batchat line worth grinding up? I'm about 20% of the way to the AMX 13 75. I seem to remember the batchat being really good and everything before it being awful

Its still considered one of the best lights mediums in the game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BEHOLD! THE HALL OF CHAMPIONS!!

I just had a """"team"""" comprised of all these loving retards at once. With each passing day I find myself hating this loving playerbase more than should be humanly possible.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Meanwhile, wargaming still wants your money. The m41 90 is up for sale. If you apparently voted for it, you get some added sale discount. I don't remember a voting thing, so whatever. The big news is that the m41 90 is on sale.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/lekpz-m-41-90-mm-victory-lap-sale/

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I just had a """"team"""" comprised of all these loving retards at once. With each passing day I find myself hating this loving playerbase more than should be humanly possible.
HEY! Two of those guys were over 47% w/r. I don't think you need to be mean to them too! :mad:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Rebought the WZ-120, love this tank but my god I hate it too. 3 loving degrees WGing 3 loving degrees.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

that is something special.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reminder: Keep your movement serpentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
leKpz M 41 90 for sale on NA.