Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

EU rentals :toot:

quote:

You can only redeem one of the codes displayed per account.
All codes are valid until 31 December at 23:59 CET (UTC+1)
DEADLYSTINGER – Skorpion G
RELENTYTE64 – Type 64
BUSTIS6 – IS6
SHARPLOWE – Lowe
QUIKKBUL – M41 90
LORLETHAL – Lorr40t
RAPIDTIGER – Jag 8.8
VERSAT26 – T26E5
POWERTANK34 – T34
RESILIENTAMX – AMX M4 49
DEREVAL – M4A1
HEAVYHIT120 – WZ 120 1G FT
EXPLOSOMUA – SOMUA SM
EVENSNEAKIER – ELC EVEN 90
ACCURATECANNON – AMX CDA 105
EAGLETIED92 – T92

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4tTLFi2kAQ

Lmao.

'A simple mission. Win 3 out of the next 5 battles'

L
M
A
O

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

'A simple mission. Win 3 out of the next 5 battles'

Yeah, reading that announcement immediately put me off playing today.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Really hating Caernarvon Action X atm. It’s slow, its turret is death trap (upper part is 110 mm), has low alpha and whatnot. Should have bought Centurion 5/1 instead :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aww the 5/1 is like worse at everything the Action X can do minus mobility and view range.

I really like the 5/1 on frontlines but for standard battles I have the worst luck winning games with it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So, uhhh...the Halloween event has some loving amazing permanent bonuses for the duration of the event, but with pubbies existing, you would need to play like 270 battles at around 100 points, each a length of 6 minutes, for a wonderful 27 hours.

gently caress.

That.

Noise.

If people work together, you might probably be able to stomp out 500+ points per match, so grinding through it with the 5-player-platoon mechanic in a clan or something might actually be worth it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WG gave me a 30% off coupon on your next purchase, but there is no way to apply this coupon while purchasing anything it also cannot be used for gold or any discounted items so that rules out like 90% of their poo poo as everything is bundled with gold or they apply an "8%" discount to things.

Well I guess I could use it to buy another year or premium time for $60...

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 18, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So, uhhh...the Halloween event has some loving amazing permanent bonuses for the duration of the event, but with pubbies existing, you would need to play like 270 battles at around 100 points, each a length of 6 minutes, for a wonderful 27 hours.

gently caress.

That.

Noise.

If people work together, you might probably be able to stomp out 500+ points per match, so grinding through it with the 5-player-platoon mechanic in a clan or something might actually be worth it.

what is it, pls explain.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BadLlama posted:

WG gave me a 30% off coupon on your next purchase, but there is no way to apply this coupon while purchasing anything it also cannot be used for gold or any discounted items so that rules out like 90% of their poo poo as everything is bundled with gold or they apply an "8%" discount to things.

Well I guess I could use it to buy another year or premium time for $60...

Their coupons are dumb as hell. About the only thing they're good for is premium time.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This green glob thing is dumb. I miss tankrewards.

Leviathan was more fun as well.

Let me be Leviathan.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

what is it, pls explain.

You drive around a Halloween map to collect "green matter" that you have to deliver to your base. Points are cumulative, and everyone gets rewarded the total amount collected at the end of the match. If you die, you lose all green matter you carry. There are dead tanks (Medium IIs, T-28s and BDRs) around the map that will come to life and shoot you when you get too close. Killing them awards more green matter, but without coordination, it's extremely risky, so your average, non-platoon game will be a shitshow. Occasionally, anomalies spawn that you can either collect for a bonus, or that will unlock global effects on players like increased ROF, movement speed with higher amounts of green matter on your tank, healing HP, etc.

Some reddit dude wrote a guide on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/9pj03c/guide_to_dark_front_halloween_mode_tips_tricks/

Pubbies will somehow think everyone's for themselves, so they keep collecting large amounts of green globs and then die.
If you have a bunch of clanmates play in the 5-man platoons a couple of times every day, you can easily unlock each new level of bonuses, but as a public game mode...uh, it kinda sucks.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I will continue my break from the game.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You drive around a Halloween map to collect "green matter" that you have to deliver to your base. Points are cumulative, and everyone gets rewarded the total amount collected at the end of the match. If you die, you lose all green matter you carry. There are dead tanks (Medium IIs, T-28s and BDRs) around the map that will come to life and shoot you when you get too close. Killing them awards more green matter, but without coordination, it's extremely risky, so your average, non-platoon game will be a shitshow. Occasionally, anomalies spawn that you can either collect for a bonus, or that will unlock global effects on players like increased ROF, movement speed with higher amounts of green matter on your tank, healing HP, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/9pj03c/guide_to_dark_front_halloween_mode_tips_tricks/

Pubbies will somehow think everyone's for themselves, so they keep collecting large amounts of green globs and then die.
If you have a bunch of clanmates play in the 5-man platoons a couple of times every day, you can easily unlock each new level of bonuses, but as a public game mode...uh, it kinda sucks.

Specially now that weekend's here again and the window lickers are out in force. Watching 3/4s of the team go field on Ruinberg and Prok and still get slaughtered convinced me to log off for the next two days

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I read this post last night, went to sleep, woke up this morning and thought, wow did I just dream that Wargaming made the dumbest game mode imaginable? Did they really just put EVE Online Mining in the game as a special event?

Sure enough.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Did they really just put EVE Online Mining in the game as a special event?

Sure enough.

Hence why I login to spin my tanks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Eve online mining is even worse than that.
If they've ripped it from anywhere, it's Warframe's index mode.

But less fun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I read this post last night, went to sleep, woke up this morning and thought, wow did I just dream that Wargaming made the dumbest game mode imaginable? Did they really just put EVE Online Mining in the game as a special event?

Sure enough.

I don't think you've ever played Eve Online, my man

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't think you've ever played Eve Online, my man

True, that's one mistake I'm glad to have avoided.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Man, gently caress this game. I havent touched it in years, only to have a dream about it last night where both teams were so bad i was able to get a kolobanovs medal by pushing tanks on their backs like turtles in the sun while both teams were busy firing at imaginary things

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This year's halloween reward is to farm green goo so you can get credit/exp boosts of which you can only receive the benefits IF YOU TO PLAY MORE TANKS.

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 20, 2018

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

moolchaba posted:

This year's halloween reward is to farm green goo so you can get credit/exp boosts of which you can only receive the benefits IF YOU TO PLAY MORE TANKS.
Or just give WG money and unlock max bonus instantly.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What's with the USE poo poo?
EDIT: What the gently caress is this DARK FRONT BS. That's less fun dick draw day.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 21, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A colossally-stupid KV-2 splash-teamkilled me to get the kill on a 20hp T67, and I still got a stupid amount of XP.

Jesus, these bonuses stacking is insane.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, how?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
When I watch 'Epic fails and wins' videos, sometimes if you drop on the barrel you can crushed someone else. Weird.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've been playing this dumb game since 2012, and it seems I've finally dug my way out from my lovely early experience, hell, I've even almost managed to dig my JT88 out of the sub-50% WR hole :)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why the hell did WG split NA back into two servers...

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

WGNA says it's so they can create more Halloween instances, and that USE will go away when the halloween event ends.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol what the christ

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/history-channel-documentary-just-world-tanks-livestream/

quote:

“Well, I mean, they were driving T-34 tanks when they talked about the Battle of Stalingrad, which is the same tanks the Russians used,” said Colleen Diaz, a history professor at Harvard. “With that said, they went up against experimental American tanks while calling them homosexuals which is not supported by any primary historical documents.”

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

Despite its tenuous connection to history, the program set a new ratings record for The History Channel, beating out “Ice Road Truckers,” “Ancient Aliens,” and “Something Something About Hitler.”

good article

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Well History (and lately Discovery) Channel has been pretty lovely from couple of years ago. Honestly I don’t watch it unless it’s showing a good documentary.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Aesis posted:

Well History (and lately Discovery) Channel has been pretty lovely from couple of years ago. Honestly I don’t watch it unless it’s showing a good documentary.

Hear, hear. All they have is dumb reality TV stuff like... ice road truckers???? Ancient aliens???? Swamp people?????? pawn stars???? etc etc etc.

I'm only gonna play this green glob game until it requires me to play more than an hour or 2 collecting globs. It's retarded. This is a poo poo event. gently caress you, WG you are the History Channel of gaming.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Hear, hear. All they have is dumb reality TV stuff like... ice road truckers???? Ancient aliens???? Swamp people?????? pawn stars???? etc etc etc.

I'm only gonna play this green glob game until it requires me to play more than an hour or 2 collecting globs. It's retarded. This is a poo poo event. gently caress you, WG you are the History Channel of gaming.

Last year's event was pretty awesome. They could have just recycled that in again and been fine.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Last year's event was pretty awesome. They could have just recycled that in again and been fine.

They could bring back Chaffee Racing or 8-Bit/Karl modes, but they don't, because they hate fun.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

They could bring back Chaffee Racing or 8-Bit/Karl modes, but they don't, because they hate fun.

No, they hate FREE fun.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chaffee Racing except you have to pay for ammo and repairs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Well, until port gets hd-ed I'm assuming it'll stay dead. karl should brought back though, I agree.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Well, until port gets hd-ed I'm assuming it'll stay dead. karl should brought back though, I agree.

Chaffee Racing was what, five years ago? 2013? I don't think Port needing to be HD is the problem, I think the mode is just never coming back because Wargaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

moolchaba posted:

You can knock out each new daily level with the "Dark Runner" (what a great :effort: name) 5-man platoons pretty quickly if you grab some clan mates, and it's actually kinda fun because you're doing it coordinately and don't see the other 4 members on your "team" bumbling around and dying while you're the only one that carries them to around 100 points by yourself.

In most matches, you zip around in a ball of death from zombie-tank graveyard to zombie-tank graveyard, without even hoovering up the green goo that's lying around the rest of the map. No one dies because whoever draws "aggro" at any given point just stays in cover because zombie tanks are about as dumb as your average pubbie in regular queue matches. When that reload-anomaly spawns, you can even break up into two groups, with 3 guys going after BDRs, and 2 guys going after T-28s and below. We knocked out yesterday's level in like 3 matches that were actually fun.

It's pretty impressive how hard Wargaming hosed the mode up for public matches, though. With the increasing amount of points required to unlock each successive level, you already have to churn out something like 12 matches per day as it is. The last couple of days are 3-4k points to unlock, so that's like two and a half hours PER loving DAY.