Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like the 780s went VERY quickly. I logged in at 8 AM CEST, plugged in my resources into the thing (which kept resetting to zero randomly, that was fun) and I got tank number 7089 at about 8:02 (15 000 total unique tanks + 35 000 generics on the EU server).

Just a heads up, they don't tell you on the explanation website that each national fragment type has a hard cap of 50. So you can't for instance use 200 Soviet fragments and 0 French, US and British ones, you have to use a maximum of 50 from each. That was a lovely last minute surprise because I was planning on burning 100+ of the nations I have fully researched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Last one just went on EU, 14 and a half hours is longer than I expected tbh.
The numbered ones lasted like 15-20min.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
A while back I bought that premium BP bundle. Something I never do, but gave it a shot this time around. In it they advertised a crew member that would be available for all nations as one of the rewards, of course it wasn't and the crew member could only be put in USSR tanks. So I put in a ticket to their customer support with screenshots of the advertised bundle and what I got instead. They finally responded today that the only possible solution to this is a complete refund and removing of all the items that I got with the bundle. A solution that I'm not interested in as, honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

That customer service though, it took a week to come to that solution. How easy would it be just to grant people some crew training booklets as a "oops, our bad" sort of thing in the name of good customer service. They don't even have a way for me to respond, the only options are "this resolve the issue" and "I still have a problem", and if I dare hit the I still have a problem button they will remove all my items and issue a refund. What lovely CS.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 17, 2022

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just a heads up, they don't tell you on the explanation website that each national fragment type has a hard cap of 50. So you can't for instance use 200 Soviet fragments and 0 French, US and British ones, you have to use a maximum of 50 from each. That was a lovely last minute surprise because I was planning on burning 100+ of the nations I have fully researched.

Yeah that was unexpected, but I was still able to cash in a bunch of BPs that are now totally otherwise useless to me since as I've said I basically have everything researched. I think free XP is also similarly less useful, but it can of course be turned into crew xp if necessary but also I've been holding onto the rest of mine in case they do another auction thing like for the 268-5. Bonds are also not particularly meaningful to me, as I wouldn't use them on the equipment or directives and the only vehicles it'd make sense to use them on are the tier 10s, both of which aren't even that interesting. I finished off the "assembly" with gold because I have a shitton of that from the holiday boxes.

There were under 9k next from 20k total left on the US server just now, so that's what 12 hours after they started the event?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:downsbravo:

Re: Object 780
All gone before I really had time to notice or care. I looked at the cost last night and figured "nah". Obvious WG attempt at hoovering up resources from players suffering from the fear of missing out before they try flogging off the next load of must-have dumb poo poo for £$€£$€£$€.

Edit:
lol at the "event" for the Object 780 going on until almost mid-July. Good job there WG.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 17, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:
lol at the "event" for the Object 780 going on until almost mid-July. Good job there WG.

Yeah, a bunch of CCs were saying things like "it might be a good idea to wait until WG next do a 'get more free XP converted for gold' event and then get the 780 and they were all gone within hours.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

It's definitely dumb to ration things that are in unlimited supply, like pixel tanks, especially when distributing more of them only accomplishes the intended goal of removing surplus player resources. Then again, this is WG we're talking about, so none of us should be surprised.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Rest assured, the next tank they "release" this way will be ten times more desirable than this one. And people just poo poo away most of their pooled resources to be marginally ~speshul~ in yet another 0-15 blowout.

I see this as an opening gambit to finally (after telegraphing for years) *selling* T10s overtly. They've known for a while that people do not mind shelling out ~55k for ultra-rare T8s or T10s, and they've got costs to recoup from their geographic "re-org."

I figure when they remove the upper limit of 25000g on the "Any Amount of Gold" option in the Premium Shop, they've made their decision.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Why does every single other light player (but only the other lights on my team, the enemy always has MLG Pro 50k match veterans) yolo directly into the enemy team at the start of every game?

If they're feeling particularly useful, they'll even manage to pump one or two shots into (one of) the enemy light(s) before dying.

I don't get it. Most of the time when I actually end up being useful to the team as a light is during the final ~25% of a match.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Live fast, die fast.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

A lot of people don't like lights and just bum rush the enemy so they get xp for the initial spotting of the enemy and can quickly go play something else.

Also some missions are cleared by initial spotting though the campaign ones usually want you to live/do something else useful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

what do you mean spotting 10 tanks that can't get shot at is useless?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

After some careful consideration I can say that "Airshipyard" raises the shittiness bar above and beyond human comprehension when it comes to WG's map design.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just a regular game in the 252U:

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6283035#stats

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWuj1KZkxGY

Also, I think I need to stop playing again. I have been sucking so bad recently that the game is not fun :smith:.

Edit: Fixed YouTube video

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 22, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to share this game. E 75 TS is a fun tank, I really wonder why you don't see more of them.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6283504#himmelsdorf-mesadoram-e_75_ts

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2lu4nS-Q4U

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

5x Weekend on EU.

Teams are going to be insufferably poo poo :smith:

Edit:

More of this loving useless bullshit as a "reward". gently caress you WG.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 24, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Usually the 'win 4 (or 5) games' missions is a good sign that WoT intends to fill my teams with morons who completely ignore key parts of every map.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Couldn't find the original anymore, I think you get the idea :unsmith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TracerM17 posted:

Usually the 'win 4 (or 5) games' missions is a good sign that WoT intends to fill my teams with morons who completely ignore key parts of every map.

Blink and you'll miss it. Miss what? 0-0 turning into 2-8.

sauer kraut posted:

Couldn't find the original anymore, I think you get the idea :unsmith:

The only time I don't feel like a piece of poo poo for using artillery is when I have to get arbitrary critical hits like that instead of, oh I don't know, actually doing some loving damage?

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 24, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had a few good games today and decided "Eh, I will quit while I am ahead".

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I had a few good games today and decided "Eh, I will quit while I am ahead".

:hmmyes:

Did the same after nearly chewing my own face off during an Ace Tanker battle with the ST-I. No way I'm topping that performance for a while.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

God, farming 250k exp in the btc 12t for both 1390 and 25t is going to take a million years.

7 crits is a good excuse to break out the E25 and shoot for treads.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

7 crits means I play arty.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

This.

My struggle right now is the Charioteer. The gun on that tank is driving me to drink.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

This.

My struggle right now is the Charioteer. The gun on that tank is driving me to drink.

105 + hesh = laugh at the enemy

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Teams today:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Friendly reminder: Tankfest on Twitch right now. Watch for 2 hours to get a very tiny chance at winning a tank (I got 3 days of premium time).

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I just want one session -- one loving session -- where I don't have to put up with the absolute loving poo poo-eating dregs of this loving playerbase.

WG just create a PvE mode that isn't absolute utter loving rancid poo poo and leave it in the game permanently so I can use whatever tank I like to grind out the modules, and not force me and my buddies into using some loving worthless watered-down Soviet shitbox platoon to fight the loving Germans once again.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I just want one session -- one loving session -- where I don't have to put up with the absolute loving poo poo-eating dregs of this loving playerbase.

WG just create a PvE mode that isn't absolute utter loving rancid poo poo and leave it in the game permanently so I can use whatever tank I like to grind out the modules, and not force me and my buddies into using some loving worthless watered-down Soviet shitbox platoon to fight the loving Germans once again.

This sounds way too good even for gaming standards.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Katamari Democracy posted:

This sounds way too good even for gaming standards.

It's basically what Armored Warfare was, and pubbies STILL managed to lose against the PvE enemies in that game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I see many of you have forgotten the shitshow of playing with pubs in Mirny and the Halloween events.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

I see many of you have forgotten the shitshow of playing with pubs in Mirny and the Halloween events.

At least near the end people actually learned how to play it pretty good. I know those were the times where I was at least able to get my medals and whatnot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

I get the Centurion or Charioteer and HESH the day away.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
A HUGE re-balance straight from the supertest: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/06/30/supertest-vehicle-rebalancing/#more-125472

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:hellyeah: About loving time.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

And then I see this worryingly vague statement:

quote:

T29 is traditionally overperforming, which affects other vehicles within this battle tier. We will reduce the characteristics of this vehicle to match the parameters of other vehicles in the branch.

:whitewater:

I read this as "isn't complete loving poo poo when hurriedly rushed into a Tier IX battle as some space-filling garbage to enable 15v15".

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The T29 is pretty OP compared to other tier 7 heavies, which are pretty much universally poo poo. It needs a nerf.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Non-premium-tank baseline stats should get a 10-15% buff when it gets shafted in a +2MM game.

Either that or remove +2MM altogether. I am more than willing to wait an extra ~30sec to get into a game.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I wonder if the M44 nerf will matter, or if everybody running around in them will just switch over to leafblowers and we will still be bombarded every 6 seconds by 3x arty at tier 5-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just want them to buff the AMX 30 and AMX 30b like they said so many years ago :smith:.