Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The LHMTV must have had a ~300 alpha gun at some point, but the entire tree (except the Manti) had their respective top gun choices cut before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Today I had an amazing game in the IS-8 today, I managed to outplay a Chieftain.

It felt good :unsmith:

The new Polish TDs look like they were designed for me. I hope the lower tiers are as decent as the T10.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Days like this make me wonder why the gently caress I even bother with this game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Days like this make me wonder why the gently caress I even bother with this game.

Past few days have been rough. Just constant blow outs one way or another.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm starting to get a feel for the LHMTV.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm starting to get a feel for the LHMTV.

Light tanks win games. Glad to see that tank is clicking for ya, I hear it has crazy camo values.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Light tanks win games. Glad to see that tank is clicking for ya, I hear it has crazy camo values.

In this case I was only able to draw it, since we were down to a TVP with 18 HP and a SU-130PM with 120HP and they had a full HP T95 and a T77 just defending their cap from cover which very conveniently is just a flat plain area with zero cover anywhere. Just baller game design, WG.

E: also the Iyuoxin video did help.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 23, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There is a reason why all the best maps are wide open with lots of bushes and undulating terrain.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I was browsing the purchasable 3D styles for tanks and I know a few people in here are fond of the T95 and also like wacky, trollish poo poo:

Also, explain to me what's happening with the :downs: crewmembers and skillbooks in the next patch, as if you were speaking to a small child and/or a gifted golden retriever.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 24, 2024

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, explain to me what's happening with the :downs: crewmembers and skillbooks in the next patch, as if you were speaking to a small child and/or a gifted golden retriever.

I'll try, but they've been vague as poo poo.

Crew skill stuff
- They're apparently removing 'crew skill' as a thing, setting everyone to 100%. So no more 50% or 75% crews.
- This means when you move crew over into a tank, their crew skill cannot go below 100%.
- You can retrain role for credits now. So comander -> loader or whatever.
- Instead of penalising crew skill for moving tanks they're going to penalise perk level. The example screenshot shown had free retraining setting perk level to 20%(!), credit retraining to 30%(!), gold to 100%. However, this was a screenshot of someone changing tank *and* role, so gently caress knows if that has an effect.
- No idea how this works with multiple perks.

Skillbooks and barracks
- Any crew members who have not trained at least one perk to 100% (and do not have a zero perk) in the barracks can be mulched into a skill book next patch. Or maybe you'll have to mulch multiple crew. Might be dependent on the xp they have. But simple is crew go in, books come out.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 24, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Looking around my barracks, thinking it's hamburger time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Somehow I've a feeling that we're only going to get the 20k "pamphlets" out of the underskilled crew members, but all the same, I do wonder if padding the poo poo out of one's barracks and filling them with 50%ers might not be a way to game the system for nations you need extra XP in.

I'm willing to guess that WG has anticipated that, though, bad bet that that always is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I barracks are already overflowing with 100% 0 skill crews from all the loving rentals they keep throwing at us.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Somehow I've a feeling that we're only going to get the 20k "pamphlets" out of the underskilled crew members, but all the same, I do wonder if padding the poo poo out of one's barracks and filling them with 50%ers might not be a way to game the system for nations you need extra XP in.

I'm willing to guess that WG has anticipated that, though, bad bet that that always is.

Slap 'em in a tank and play a round or two to buff the crap stats to being a bit less crap. That way they'll be tagged as' active' or whatever. I think.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a really awesome but very boring game in my Type 61 few days ago. It was Lakeville pure T8 MM and I went west to do some hull-down shenanigans. Realized it was just me, and ISU and an arty and went "gently caress that, I am not dying alone here", turned around and proceeded to hold the corner for 6 minutes. The 2 ISUs sat north east above the cap and a forest spirit waited behind the little hill in the north west for anyone who thought they could survived the ambush. It worked beautifully :allears:.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So what's going on with this game these days?

Any major changes or is it still pretty much the same game it's always been?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

BadLlama posted:

So what's going on with this game these days?

Any major changes or is it still pretty much the same game it's always been?

When was the last time you played? Only "bigger" change I can think of was HE shell change that affected arties and derp guns, but not that it changed the gameplay all that much.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Sayara posted:

When was the last time you played?

No idea, I think I played a couple games for a day this time a year ago.

It's been awhile.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

BadLlama posted:

No idea, I think I played a couple games for a day this time a year ago.

It's been awhile.

Then no major changes. 2-3 new lines which are all pretty meh with tier 7 Japanese TD being the hottest thing to play before it gets nerfed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
They added a metric gently caress ton of new premiums including the very very very broken BZ-176.

Edit: It was a loss, but I always love playing this tank.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 25, 2024

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

They added a metric gently caress ton of new premiums

Tracks

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Actually a lot of them have wheels

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

No discord link in OP. Is there a discord?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, but it's deader than the thread.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today is not the day to play tanks.

These teams just keep getting more and more poo poo and I don't know how that's possible, because you'd think they'd reach bottom at some point. But nope, these poo poo eaters find a way to surprise me time and time again!

E:

Yeah gently caress this, six straight 0/1-15s where either 90% of my team were bots or just incomprehensibly stupid and I'm loving done. This is not fun in any way.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 26, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Today is not the day to play tanks.

These teams just keep getting more and more poo poo and I don't know how that's possible, because you'd think they'd reach bottom at some point. But nope, these poo poo eaters find a way to surprise me time and time again!

E:

Yeah gently caress this, six straight 0/1-15s where either 90% of my team were bots or just incomprehensibly stupid and I'm loving done. This is not fun in any way.

Some days it just is like that :smith:. Making the best of a lovely situation only feels acceptable for so long.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If there's one thing they should fix literally immediately, it's this:

Neither of these cunts moved an inch in the entire game. Just sat in base all game without doing anything. Both still got XP for ~reasons~ because the rest of us carried their asses. Oh, and they got more XP than over half of the losing team, who actually participated instead of AFKing in base all game.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well it's a Panther and an A44.
Hiding in base and keeping their hp intact, thereby boosting team morale, is probably the most impactful thing they can contribute.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's a fair point, but at the same time I remember a few times where I've legit crashed during a game where I did stuff, and ended up with 0 XP due to non-participation.

In other news, last weekend they gave two twitch drops, one of which was supposed to give you a mission for 50 BP points. Well, instead the mission gives you 5 points, and there's no ETA for fixing it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think the Type 63 is finally clicking for me. It does require actual heavies though to push with/along side you if you want to play aggressive. Does anyone know if the tech tree counter part is better?

The lower alpha and non-existant hull armor is making me play it more like a paper medium than a heavy. With that mindset, I feel more confident in how I approach situations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, I don't hate the Type 63. It's a good sniper with a turret that can bounce stuff and the gun depression to take full advantage of it. As you say, it requires actual heavies to tank for it which is of course a huge limitation if you don't have a platoon of those with you, but it's not a bad tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This is the reason I loving love the O-I; 4.2k damage and a double ammo rack :allears:.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6744536#highway-mesadoram-o-i

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xh_WyYVwso

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

So fun stuff on the new crew training , where - to everyone's *complete* surprise - Wargaming have managed to Wargaming all over themselves.

Latest news is that under the new method which will penalise perks when crew are trained on a new vehicle;

- Credit training will retain perks at A Number (possibly 50%; no higher than that for certain)
- Free training will retain perks at A Lower Number
- ALL perks on the crew will be nerfed, to the same level (so all to 50%, 40%, whatever)
- Players will have to buy off the XP debt to get their perks back to 100%
- This debt will be in the region of 45-50k XP - more than the current ~36k XP debt that's incurred for credit retraining (writing these numbers by memory, could be incorrect, I know it's definitely going to be higher than current)
- Players will *not* be able to use skill books on the crew until this debt is paid off
- Retraining perks will *not* affect the level of XP debt to be paid off; apparently using perk retraining to overcome the crew training XP loss as has been common practice for years was an exploit which this new method will eliminate, showing Wargaming have no goddamn idea how their own game works and never have.

So great job all round, the new method will gently caress over people with more highly trained crews more and will generally make things more annoying since the only way to pay off the xp debt will be by playing games or - of course - paying gold.

They could still change their minds of cou-ahahahaha.

*jazz hands* Wargaming!

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 28, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:allears:

It's like they can't help themselves. They NEED to do stupid poo poo to piss players off.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

:allears:

It's like they can't help themselves. They NEED to do stupid poo poo to piss players off.

I'd say it's like watching that video of a racoon trying to wash cotton candy, but the racoon eventually learns.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Going through a light tank tree is gonna be wonderful when you start every trashy stock tank with half your camo and view range skills gone :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They've somehow killed the EU servers. Great work.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

Going through a light tank tree is gonna be wonderful when you start every trashy stock tank with half your camo and view range skills gone :allears:

Light tanks basically don't exist to WG anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They've somehow killed the EU servers. Great work.

Someone on their team thought about perhaps balancing tanks for once. This is what happened.

Edit: Speaking of light tanks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrEzhd8Iuvk

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 29, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

8 games.

Wouldn't mind except my daily for three blueprint pieces is to win 4 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Win game dailies are a curse and usually a good sign you are about to have a lose streak.

Am I weird or does anyone else love the Super Hellcat? Like, I fully understand its not the best T7 TD in the game, but holy poo poo is it a rocket. You can get to some very sneaky positions very quickly with it.