Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The amazing Kreskin foresees that some bright bulb eager to please SerB will suggest that while giving the players fixed Sixth Sense is unavoidable, that in order to have it work as it does now, they have to equip a 20k/match consumable.

And tanks now have *three* consumable slots, meaning you could theoretically spend 60k/match if you have three consumable "skills" equipped. And a few skills that people like might be going away - but still be available in consumable form. :troll:

(no I don't know if this is happening but this is WG we're talking about)

Sounds like the console version, the big update in December made it so all consumables were considered "used" even if you didn't activate them (they also had a tendency to default to gold for resupply costs!). Part of the reason I switched to PC, I was losing silver with most matches even with the basic set of medkit/repair/extinguisher. They got rid of shared research. You can imagine how that works with radios and the guns on the French heavies. They also removed most of the maps "to update them for next-gen" and two months later they're not back. So if crew 2.0 is a disaster, I can guess it won't be quite as bad as 6.0 on console.

Speaking of PC, how do you go about joining the clan? I'm on the NA server, same name in game as on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't actually log into the client - what kind of skills does Duke come with?

0-skill Sixth Sense

Repairs
Jack of All Trades

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And I'm guessing fixed to USA?

"Free" commanders, only costs 200g to reset to ditch JoAT and train Sixth Sense in its place. >.>

Nah, you get to pick the nation. I picked USSR and threw him in my IS.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Top of the Tree fuckery didn't end with halving the discounts. They also removed the "do 20000 damage / spot 20000 damage" missions, and if you want any bonus missions you have to buy a loving "Top of the Tree boost", which doesn't even give you the same poo poo you got for free before.

loving christ WG.

Not to give WG too much credit, but there are still missions for tank XP starting at tier 6. They're based on base XP rather than damage/spotting but for the lower tiers it looks to be a decent sized boost for not a huge amount of base XP. I don't know why they limited it to tiers six and up though, you'd think they'd include lower tiers to encourage people not playing that line to buy the package for the 5x missions.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Having missed the original commanders last time, which has the better unique voicelines? Duke or Commander?

Both new skins are fun/cool looking. But not $15 apiece cool looking, since both tanks are already in the garage. Who even cares about decals/emblems/inscriptions at all for any reason other than the occasional goofy face meme on a trashbarn?

On the CC front too, just a commander, a meh 2d skin, and a bunch of useless decals for $20? Bruh. At least give a handful of the better boosters with each one to be something meaningful.

Cobra commander by far, he's very campy and is probably the best-voiced of the unique voice packs I have. Some people find him annoying because he is shrill but in my opinion that's part of the fun.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I started playing this again on a whim (on xbox so no goons etc etc) anyways I just unlocked the ARL 44 and man do I suck with heavy tanks. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to position etc to not die in this thing / hurt anyone ever.

I may just stick with working towards the beautiful s tank

The ARL-44 is a tricky one to play when you first unlock it. It gets better once you get the later guns but the armor on the hull and turret will never be too viable. It's a tank where you want to be with teammates as often as you can, and you want to expose as little of it as possible. It eventually gets great penetration and damage for the tier, so you'll be able to damage tanks as consistently as they damage you. Try and stick with the other heavies, and get into a position where you aren't exposed and wait for the enemy to poke out to shoot (hopefully your allies). If you're facing tier 8s stick further back, and prioritize not exposing yourself from hard cover unless you're firing a shot.

And did WoT console ever bring back shared modules? One of the best parts of the ARL 44 is that most of the guns and the engines are used for a lot of other French tanks.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

I swear that the friction in that part of the map is screwed up. Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9YNF5MMQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How does the T-44-100 compare to the normal T-44? Is it just the T-44 with the top 100mm gun, but premium? Because if so, I will definitely keep an eye out for it the next time they sell it.

Yeah, pretty much. It also has a set of side skirts that make it a very handsome tank.