Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Ensign thanks for the OP and for the useful mod that allows me to shoot through buildings :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Good. Stupidity must be taxed.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

If you can play the E100 properly you can shoot gold all the time and still make a profit, or break even if you bounce or miss a couple of shots.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

How can you people not love Malinovka? It's the best map in the game.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I only wish they'd hurry up with botes.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Atal Vataman posted:

but what about the churchill 3?

Can anyone give me some arguments for or against getting one?

I'm looking for tips for the Churchill 3 as well. How do I use it?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Victory
Swamp
T37
Experience received:1.650 Credits received 33.735
Battle achievements 3 Marks of Excellence, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

:toot:

Did they change the requirements? I've been away for a month, but I remember that I wasn't that close to the third mark. I noticed that all my tanks are higher.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Ever since I got to MT14 mission: kill a heavy tank, one tier higher than you, I've been top tier in all my games. gently caress you Serb, I know it's you.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Maybe a stupid question, but if I complete a mission, can I claim the reward later? I don't quite know what kind of crew I want, yet.
Also, on the topic of tanks with easy requirements for marks of excellence, after 38 games my Fury is already at 68,4% :toot:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

2 games with the STA-1 and already ace. I think we're going to get along just fine :v:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

KurdtLives posted:

I take it you free xp'd past the stock gun.

Yeah, I had some free xp lying around and used the female crew for the STA-1, since I'm not really supposed to play without 6th sense!

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Ugh, the T28 missions become pretty tedious really fast.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I'm still not quite sure about what's the best way to play the Churchill III, by the way.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Mans posted:

That was a fascinating article and i hope you post more historical treausres in the future!

Hey baby, why don't we smoke some weed, watch a little family guy and see where the night takes us?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

You guys have no clue about how the eu server works if you think that you can troll it in English. No one will even understand a word of it. The new Xvm feature that shows the client language revealed that only a fraction of the players use the English client.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Magres posted:

E: Also, 120% Crews are god mode. Holy crap. Been running Vents+Food in my 13 90 (which has a SoS crew) and it's incredible how much of a stronktonk a 120% crew makes this thing.

You should try my Batchat with BIA, vents, Coffee and 5 skills :smugdog:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Is the AMX 13 90 actually good outside tier 8 strongholds?
So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
It is not helped by being matched with medium tanks that can do the same role.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

You can easily get 70% win rate in it solo if you play it smart. It's a great tank. The speed and the size are there to help you get out of trouble, not in trouble.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Got any good replays?

Not compatible with the newest versions, sorry. But I'll play a couple of games and if I get a good game, I'll send you a PM. For the moment, don't discard your camo: it's really your biggest asset.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Any replay is actually interesting (well not those where you get fragged right away), because just seeing initial positionings is interesting to me.
Don't have PM though.

Here, watch this: http://wotreplays.com/site/1572330#fiery_salient-cippalippus-amx_13_90

In this replay nothing out of ordinary happens, it's just a normal game with an AMX 13 90.
Keep this in mind:

1) I only shoot gold with it, but standard ammo would've had the same penetrations. I use APCR for the shell speed, the added penetration is nice but not game breaking.
2) Your first duty is to take out the enemy scouts and in general make them feel hunted.
3) You only shoot when you can, leaving the actual shooting to the others.
4) Don't take damage if it's not necessary. It's never necessary, by the way.
5) See the friendly bulldog? That's an excellent place to go, too, but makes for a more static game.

Have fun.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a real life threat and is worth a permanent ban.

Do it.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

They usually don't mention the result of their actions, but don't forget to mention that this message has caused you severe stress and that you need a reassurance that he will not be able to contact you anymore through the game, the forums or other means provided by Wargaming, Inc.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Another Leopard? Big deal.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Anime is for children

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Isn't it supposed to have an autobouncing turret, unlike the leopard?

How are 80mm able to bounce, like, anything? And it has 8 degrees of depression, less than the STB and Leopard. I don't know man, it doesn't look that good.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

The cdc does not look good with that awful terrain resistance.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

At that tier 500 damages are a huge gently caress you. Also you really want to minimize the time you're exposed to enemy fire. How many times do you have the chance to fully exploit sustained dpm without being hit back? Not many.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Agrajag posted:

You should see the meltdown some supposed "vet" had in the Armored Warfare alpha forums. The M1 Abrams was not sufficiently powerful enough for his tastes and he proceeded to have a raging meltdown towards any poster that dared say the Abrams is at best comparable to other western nation MBT's but nobody really knows because they have never fought each other ever. Then he spouts some poo poo about insulting those who served in tanks and blah blah make Abrams more powerful to honour vets or some poo poo.

He is not a mod nor is he an employee of My.com or Obsidian btw.

It looks more like a 10 years old dude being mad and making up stuff.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Nordick posted:

I heard if you get that one premium battleship with the fast firing gun batteries, you can just double tap R and sail full steam towards the enemy fleet while holding the fire button down.

Yeah, about that, I wonder what's the trick with the Churchill III. Tips?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Been away for a couple of months, have they replaced the Fv 4202 or plan to do it soon?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Eh, 6 months away from this game and nothing has really changed. I guess I'll try the boat game and see if it's any good.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

The a44 owns if you only shoot gold.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Prav posted:

Speaking of loving the dead, people seem somewhat disappointed in the upcoming patch.

Why?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

WitchFetish posted:

Just so the other amerigoons know, we eurogoons don't think ZL is in any way representative of the the American people or the American education system

I do, actually

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Can someone explain to me why the 10.0 was so hated? I still don't get it, I've been away for a while.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Emblems and inscriptions giving crew bonuses? What the gently caress. Need to check it out.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Don't forget that many aim for the highest possible number of mastery badges (not kidding).

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

WitchFetish posted:

Ace badges are cool and good, while vegans who can't even troll dnd properly are rather lame hth

Good thing that I'm not vegan then :v:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

McGavin posted:

More Zen of World of Tanks:

Hahaha

About the Indian pander, I quite liked it. The turret isn't very bouncy and the aim time isn't good, but it's an ok tank. The only t8 medium that stands heads and shoulders above the rest is the Object 216, anyway. The Panther 2, I still have it in my garage but it's more an emotional thing because I used to love it and do great in it. Now it's just bad.

Not that I've played in the last months anyway.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Disclaimer: my opinion might be wrong or bad.
The Action X is rather underwhelming, so far. Maybe I need to get used to it, but the turret is penetrated way too easily for my taste. Good gun handling though, and it's nice to go faster than 40km/h with a high tier british tank.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Guys, are 30vs30 battles a thing? That might make me install the game again for a few games. Has anyone tried it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

im super excited for the 30v30 but i'm sure wargaming will find a way to gently caress it up by making it financially unsustainable. grind premium tier 8s for 4 days until you can afford to enjoy a match

I think I have still some hundreds of millions credits, that shouldn't be a problem for me :v: