Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Dalael posted:

Repost from the earlier thread:

Free day of premium code: 2015WGNY (Provided by BIG HEADLINE)

Yeah, many thanks to, BIG HEADLINE.

Was just trying to post that when the old thread closed on me.

And here's to many more posts while I trundle on in my giant German poo poo boxes in the coming year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I'm here and I'm in game. Let's ride the troll train to Fail Town, baby!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Were you looking at the team page for the correct day? We were on for a bit, but Paul had to go and with no alternates we hosed off into the night instead of getting stomped.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Huh, strange that.

Anyway as far as I know PauI hasn't set up teams for the other days yet. I'm sure he'll post them as soon he does. Probably whenever he gets back tonight/reads this. Unless some other enterprising goon does it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Re: The Tournament. Yeah, the format is a bit confusing. I guess we were declined, than accepted because they would have been short of teams otherwise. I had to leave early for reasons, but on the plus side we got at least one point for a technical draw!

The other days for the tournament are the 26th, 27th, and 28th. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sign up for them would start today. I'm not sure if there's enough interest to try and field a team though.

What? Wargaming does dumb stuff, and we also got in and had some quick, silly defeats. We have the butts. Let's at least try to put them in seats. Nothing fun will happen otherwise.

And hey, it's not like goons not showing up is new or really adds any more to the soul crushing this game already doles out. We can just platoon/seal club/head off and get drunk somewhere if the tourney falls through on a given night.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Yes, but only after I said I was leaving to get a bite to eat.

Keep on keepin' on, PauI.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

PirateBob posted:

It means you're an idiot for writing lots of words to a worthless pubbie who wasn't even responding anymore.

Wow, rude.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Don't know what happened with OMC install, I don't want it to change.

Your computer has had a sympathy rage induced aneurysm from all the dumbs out and about this week it appears. I really like it.

That or it's signaling you to watch The Hunt for Red October.

Edit: VVVVV How has no one has put together a Hellsau soundpack yet? VVVVV

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 26, 2014

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon chanel.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The problem is they only reward the top 20% of teams or whatever. The majority of people here (myself included) are too big of shitters to come close to winning anything.

Also the top reward is like $0.75.

Then play for fun? See how far we can get? Who cares about the winnings? Troll the chat? Stop being such a defeatist goon?

Edit: These are also only 3v3, so the matches are nice and quick.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 27, 2014

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Captain Blaargh posted:

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon channel.

Still have room and there's time to sign up if anyone wants to give the Stand To a go. Just me and PauI both days so far. Remember these are quick, fun affairs, so not too much sting when you get blown to hell.

Edit: 28th is 3v3, and 29th 5v5.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 28, 2014

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

primelaw posted:

I count anyone under 1200 as human garbage for the most part anyways. Student Paul being the exception :love:

Hooray, at least I count as something! Human garbage thinks you're cool though. :wave:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Coming at you from the Pansy thread:

Captain Blaargh posted:

Okay here we go for Thursday the 1st.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113930-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

This is 5v5 Tier 8 shenanigans starting at 7:30PM EST. Password is the same as the goon channel because I'm lazy.

Bring your premium ammo and consumables, AND PUT THEM IN YOUR TANK. Then do one of these two things, dummies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixPjgsqiFo&t=24s

Giving Stand To another try since some folks are up for it. Also we will being signing up for the game Sunday once that pops should that work better for you.

Come waste your time for minimal chance at pathetic prizes and getting your troll on! I guess fun too...

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Mild derail, but this is the place to ask. What's a good site to look for soviet surplus gear. I need a new winter hat to go with my giant coat you see.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

I wnat to get into this, what do I need to know about the referral program?

You send one of us the email address you want to register with, or you post said address and the rest of race, and you get an invite with instructions sent right to you.

Be smart, and stay away from this horrible game!

Welcome, fine goon!

Edit: Just play a few round vanilla then try out a modpack or something. Standard mods are pretty needed. Also, there really aren't THAT many crazy cheaty mod people.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 9, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

Give your referral goodies to ketermuls at gmail please.

Sent you one!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah, the E 25 because it's good and will be gone from the store entirely.

Edit: It's a nice little tank. VVVVV

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 10, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

"Gold tank, gold ammo, gold crew, gold camo."

"Gotta spend all these welfare checks on something."

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

demonR6 posted:

What if I told you my mouse is made of gold as is my keyboard?

I would tell you mine are made of light and 1980's dreams.

https://vine.co/v/OdjBFObe6VX

Edit for proper tonk chat: The KV-220 worth it?

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 11, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yup, it is 60 days.

In other news I rebought and finally elited my Lee. Even went and got ace tanker in it last night. Good times.

And thanks for all the KV-220 advice. I'll mull it over and then probably end up buying it right before the the sale ends. Got to feed my growing KV addiction.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

nutranurse posted:

Should I be gunning straight for higher tiers, or should I faff around within each tier before moving up? Or is it something best left to my discretion.

Faff about a bit and learn to play at each. Rushing too quickly will only bring frustration and tears. Skipping up should be reserved once you start down your second or third lines for the stinker tanks.

And if you make sure you get competent as you go up you won't turn out to be a detriment to your team! Not much worse than those wacky, frothing rage inducing, zero damage, jackhole pubbies at high tiers.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

The Lee really isn't terrible. Just weird. Though I doubt I'll keep around.

As for why, why else? To unlock another tank. Didn't have the T1 Heavy researched yet. Probably start going that line more after I've finished the great journey to the E 100.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

mmkay posted:

No, it's a pyramid scheme

EDIT:
Also I think it's 1 million xp combined from all recruits?

Yes, you get a tracker page that has a meter of recruits' pooled xp.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Atomizer posted:

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

Hey, it's a step above spotting one guy, taking a pot shot, and drowning himself... :suicide:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Sandweed posted:

BVTG3-4BX2G-7GSM8-HTZ5R-DM3X7 some bonus code or something enjoy

Thanks for the tank kind goon!

Edit: And gold and premium. You're cool.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Just wondering what nation is a good artillery line to go down for the missions. Highest I've got unlocked is an elited M37, but I wanted to check before I rebought it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Whoo! Made it into the Boats beta!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Aramoro posted:

I think it's a reasonable compromise, you don't need to work out which of the 10 Bismark!!'s on your team is actually a Bismark and which are frigates.

I dream of there will be an abundance of carriers named the USS Dick Bong, but I have a feeling WG won't be cool about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmisN0r4c0

Edit:

NTRabbit posted:

First game of the day my entire team is red and orange and we have 6 tier 10s, versus a team which has 9 tier 10s, 6 of which are blue or purple.

Then 20 seconds into the battle my client CTDs and I get back in just in time to explode.

Trained monkeys flinging poo poo at keyboards in a caged dev studio could do better than this.

Oh my god, yeah. These crashes keep getting god damned worse and worse. They really need to fix this. It dies way too often. Last night I had a T1 I had to log back onto in the middle of a match, and I discovered it had made it half way across the map into the town in Live Oaks before blowing up. And I was top tier. :cry:

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 23, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

kemikalkadet posted:

They can give British ships fruity names and still be historically accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat#Ships

I call Gay Fencer for the boats branch of Pansy.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Any of the smaller (30 bucks or under) gold deals any good right now? Wouldn't mind some premium time to shore up my credit earnings when I actually do a few games here and there. Plus switching equipment and all that.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Defeat
Battle: Sacred Valley
Vehicles: Churchill III
Experience received: 3,067
Credits earned: 40,976
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

drat it.

Yep, it's still WoT. Plays better than when I was last active though.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

*effort initiated*

I am so tempted to do this too.

Just to watch the player base froth with rage when I post the screen cap of me accepting the gold since I already have one.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Atomizer posted:

:siren:New PANSY emblem!!!:siren:

Also, I ran into an old acquaintance who I haven't seen in like 3 years. We played a bunch of games and delivered Hot Cosbys to all the baddies, but this was my favorite game, where we steamrolled on Cliff in our dual heavies:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2663288?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Great, now I need to grind to the Black Prince.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

brodoyouevengif posted:

I uninstalled WoT last night. I have never felt more relieved in my life after attempting to start playing again over the last month.

I also started playing again about a month ago. Except I'm playing better than I used too and having a decent time.

Send help for I am lost to the Belorussian misery simulator.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So this happened last night in my M53/55. I tried my best to carry the game but my team got slaughtered. One rear end in a top hat drowned himself to not feel the pain anymore. Did I give up? NO! TIL VALHALLA!!! :black101:

Anyway, it wasn't a very eventful game and nothing very exciting happened until around 11 minutes or so. I made a poo poo ton of mistakes (the whole match). Wasn't even a good arty game for and I was #1 on our team I think. :cripes: But it was fun. I just had a few funny shots like COMPLETELY missing a target and destroying someone far behind him. Destroyed a unicum I think. Lots of whining, which gives me the strength to carry on. Tried to go arty hunting with my arty at the end since we were going to lose but couldn't find them in time. Ah well, I had fun. This isn't a Hellsau replay so disregard if you don't want to see a Mr. Fantastic game.

So here is my M53/55 fun steamroll of our team.

edit - btw, whoever said to start slinging gold arty is a good person. Tears... tears abound. Expensive, but worth it at high tiers.

Reminds me of a match I had in my Tiger II yesterday. Went down brawling with two heavies ahead of me that weren't fascist poo poo boxes and a sniper alley packed full of TDs behind ready to blow my rear end off. I fought those bastards for a full minute all alone. Whole team melted. Almost took down the IS-3 but I got stupid and wasted a shot. I bounced so many shells off my hull. It was crazy and I had fun. Even with the whole team melting, the top tier heavy being a base camping stat badder, and the slap in the face 250xp with premium.

Any other goons on afternoons US Eastern with any regularity these days? Could use some platoon buddies other than mostly in the evening.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 5, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's that weird? When was the last time we've said that before? Probably 3 years ago for me.

Also, good job fighting the good fight. :godwinning:

I had a decent time when I was last active, but not great. The game seems a touch more responsive than back then and I also appear to have grown a small sense of tactical awareness. And/or the Hellsau School of Internet Tanking Warfare actually worked. I envision 'Press W and shoot red tanks' on a crest in Latin under a rampant clown-knight.

King Tiger representin'. Working on the third crew skill with my permanent Israeli flag. Haven't decided what I'm putting on the other side yet. And yes, I Stockholm Syndromed into that tank real hard. My end goal is to be the surprise scrub that wrecks you with that over hyped piece of Nazi garbage. Good gun though.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

celewign posted:

why is there so much loving arty in the game right now?

Arty and lights have missions this week.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Hey, Sub. Thanks again for gifting my poor rear end the Crom B. This tank is a fun as balls, and now I finally have a solid T6 that won't leave the garage and isn't a pure gimmick tank *cough* KV-2 is tsar of all things *cough*. Hit me up anytime for 'toons and hopefully some night we actually get a full crew of dongholders together before I pass out for the night.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When finals and peeping college buttes is over this week, I'm playing the gently caress out of mine and delivering 15cm imperial justice aplenty.

Vacation times are the drat worst. Since I'm able to I like playing mostly an hour here and there on weekdays (US Eastern time). It seems to be mostly grandpas on who are sometimes competent and tend not poo poo up chat. Until I start making GBS threads it up anyway.

While I'm here. What are some well rounded non-premium T6 tanks to keep in the garage these days? I have a regular Cromwell and E8, but other than that I have odd things or stuff I'll be selling once their replacements are researched.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Squish posted:

So, a few posts back it was mentioned about the churchy being on sale for 5.79 or so. If I buy that on special, and get gold because I already have a churchill - is that good gold/$ value?

A good thing to do is check out what the best deal on only gold packs are at present and compare with quick napkin math whenever a question of this sort comes to the fore in one's mind.

subhelios posted:

Not a problem, hope you enjoy it!

Way a head of you. It's a different play style than I'm used to, but it's been a blast to learn. Probably it is the already trained crew that helped a lot with that. Which would explain why the regular Crommy never fully grabbed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

About the only thing to do when you're a bottom of the heap 8 in a T10 match is to keep the hell back and and sneak in shots in where needed. Still really risky and I hope you brought something mobile with great gun. Also I recommend lots of camo.