Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

How are the new British tanks? Any keepers? I kind of want a Firefly.

I think it would be accurate to say they're at least decent from tier 6 up, plus the Archer, and everything earlier in those two lines is either bad or unremarkable (except maybe the Cruiser 2.)

mmkay posted:

Having unlocked both the Sherman III and the Archer, I'm unsure which grind was more painful.

Yeah, I'm grinding to both of those simultaneously. The Grant & Val are aggressively mediocre even though I'm experienced enough to make use of whatever high points they have (gun, armor.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Calling the Valentine mediocre is an insult to mediocrity. It is BY FAR the worst tank in the game.

Stock ARL V39. Checkmate.

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sorry, there's been a last minute change of plans. I'll only be able to make it to the first two battles. Mom wants me to visit her in the hospital. Previously I was on her "don't talk to me unless I want to yell at you first list". I'm going to take this as a good sign that things will start getting better now :-).

On the minus side this means leaving for the hospital at 5 pm. I've reassigned the captain-ship to Airborne_Commisar because he has seniority going by alphabetical order.

Obama Christ, Paul, your life is like :smith: incarnate!

Szcwczuk posted:

Where do goons hang out to play WOT?

Teamspeak, and an in-game Goons channel, although that depends which region you're in.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

After not playing WoT in months I came back today to play with some friends and ended up falling in love with my T37 and playing all day because Im avoiding phone calls from my family and its my vacation time, ok Dad Atomizer!?

I just unlocked the Bulldog and regretfully sold my T37, I ended up with a 67.44% WR over 86 games(down from 70% only 10 games ago :smith:) a ton of mastery badges and a bunch of angry T8 drivers calling me a reroll because there is just no way some autist with 3k games should be able to wipe the floor with their T8 heavy in a cute little T6 light.

:getin:

Also this thing has straight up stupid WN8, a round I did my HP in damage was like 2k WN8 and most games I was getting 4k+ WN8. Stat padding like mad.

e: First game in the bulldog with only the upgraded gun and 2k damage and 4k WN8. Jesus yes.

Lol, what's your IGN?

Burt posted:

Grosstractor and T-34-85M. Yes or no?

The former only if you're a collector, the latter maybe (better armor, worse gun than the tech -85.)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So if you like seal clubbing....there is no better time. Gift tank is out tier 2 German thing. With no pen. So far good fun in the 127, FCM, and Tetrarch.

I found out the purpose to the new Pz2D: to make the gun on the Pz2J look slightly less terrible! :eng101:

Colonial Air Force posted:

A free tank you say?

E: Did 12 whole points of damage, got a 3rd class medal.

You're doing it wrong. When they give out the new low-tier gift tanks you play a sealclubber like the T18, either Hotchkiss, BT-SV, Pz2J, maybe the T-60.

What MM does the Pz2D get? With a worse gun than the tier 2 Pz1, which gets super-pref MM (sees tier 2 max), I would expect it to be the same.

Missing Name posted:

This match finally gave me enough credits for me to get the Indien Panzer. Really, nothing spectacular. I did a bit of damage before getting chewed up, knocked down to exactly 1 hp. To which I said "This must be a gift from Barack Obama, our Lord and Savior." Whatever.

Nothing too spectacular, I -

babby's first after game rant! Christmas came early! :haw:

Good enough to earn you 100 gold. :homebrew:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

Asurmen

Can I do a name change? Or is it set? Id rather be using my SA username.

You can change it (at a cost of 2500 gold) here:

https://na.wargaming.net/personal/

McGavin posted:

Yeah, but the Valentine is that bad upgraded. A fully upgraded tier 4 tank with less DPM than the majority of tier 2 tanks is just shameful.

I know, the Val's DPM is bizarrely nonexistent, but it can at least pen anything it sees and bounce a lot of it. Most of the tards I see while driving the Val have a hard time penning it. The V39 has no armor, and the stock gun is useless; it is basically unplayable in that configuration, and shouldn't exist even for ~historical reasons~.

But yeah, the Val will be going bye-bye soon, and I won't miss it.

RandomPauI posted:

So this is a conversation that happened. I've been playing light tanks in between mediums and heavies. And by play I mean dicking around in light tanks. Apperantly my performance in south coast particularly irked 7XIV because he sent me a message.

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

Oh Paul, you poor, sweet child. :smith:

Bob A Feet posted:

Any good write ups to convince me not to buy the premiums?

Is the panther 88 just a bad panther 2?

I'm still not sure why they came out with the Panther88 now, before anything else they're working on that's new and/or interesting (I mean, money, yes, but it's not like we needed a second tier 8 Panther with the long 88 or yet another German premium medium tank.) At least wait until it's on sale; there's no reason to spend full price (credits or gold) on almost anything in this game.

Dalael posted:

I think the biggest complaint against the lowe is, as Hellsau said, its speed. I was once climbing a hill next a MAUS with my Lowe, and we were neck and neck. Both just as painfully slow. I would pay :10bux: to have a better engine on the Lowe. Its top speed is great.. Its the horsepower to weight ratio that is awful i think.

Other than that, the Lowe is a great tank. Back when I bought it, it was awesome. I am not sure if it is still worth its current price tho(its still 50$ right?)

It's slow and has no armor or camo, but the biggest complaint is that while the gun is good, the DPM is abysmal. It's something like 1600. Sure you're probably hitting & penning your shots, but it takes ages to deliver those mediocre-alpha shots while you can't easily reposition or bounce much of anything (except off the mantlet.)

thylacine posted:

And here's a t29

Doesn't take much to go through the top.

So um, that's not the right gun for the T29....

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

So you wrote a sound mod that repeats you saying "Why would you do that? Do not do that!" Every 3 seconds?

I would unironically use this mod. Hellsau, please make a sound mod for us! :swoon:

"Please shoot tanks. Just shoot tanks guys."

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

That dude spent like an hour working on that.

Reply back "lmao whatever shitlord"

"tl;dr"

or

"Have you accepted Barack Hussein Obama as your personal lord & savior?"

or

"Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I had to take my lesbian partner to the hospital to deliver our artificially inseminated baby. He's half Muslim and half black (the donor was some dude we met while protesting in Ferguson) and was born on Christmas so we named him Barack Muhammad Trayvon Jesus Lebron after our lord and savior."

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yesterday I played the South Park Stick of Truth game from the Steam sale; I played it the whole day & didn't touch tanks. Highly recommended, both for the not having to play tanks part but also the SP game is fun in its own right. It's pretty amusing to beat the poo poo out of kids with alien dildos and throw turds in their mouths, and it's got plenty of profanity and even cartoon nudity & horse-loving (seriously....) It's a lite-RPG but feels very much like an episode of the show.

Cardiac posted:

As well, any suggestions on which tank I should get next?
I have these unlocked:

Indienpanzer
Tiger2 (all guns unlocked from the TigerP line)
Maus
Ferdie (which I have already ragesold once, but the Jagdzilla looks fun)
Wz-131 (got a good crew from my Type-62/64)
T-34-1 (got a 4 skill Type59 crew to put there)
Chi-Ri
Obj416 (finally out of the loving A-44)
AMX 50 120
Tier7 Lorraine SPG (which I have ragesold)
Conqeror
Crusader SP

In this order (roughly from tier and level of fun/playability):

Maus
AMX 50 120
Conqeror
Tiger2
Obj416
Indienpanzer
Ferdie
Wz-131
T-34-1
Chi-Ri
Tier7 Lorraine SPG
Crusader SP

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 29, 2014

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Why the Tiger2 so high? A slow tier8 tank that sees tier10 is not the funniest in my mind.
Will probably get the Conq then in preparation for the Chieftain switch.

Because it's a solid tank that leads to the best tier 9 heavy. The Tiger 2 is like a babby E-75. The Tiger 2 itself is a significant upgrade over the Tiger H. Really you could probably swap the place of this and the 416 in your list, depending on whether you prefer heavies or meds, but the 416 has great mobility, camo, and a gun that it trades for a full turret and depression, which is why I put the Tiger 2 one step higher. YMMV. I have both tanks (and I think pretty much everything else on your list) but haven't played a ton of matches in either of those; I have, however, played against them a lot in my >14k battles.

:eyepop:

What is this from? :magical:

NTRabbit posted:

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

I guess with this I'll have everything from the IS[-1] to the IS-8! :toot: Also all the KV series! :dance:

Mr.48 posted:

Man, I didn't even notice we had a new thread. In other news, little tanks is pretty fun on my nexus while taking a poo poo.

So, uh, how do you play Blitz with one hand? I mean I'm curious but I guess this might be TMI.... On second thought, forget about it; just tell us your IGN so we can add you. There's already about a half dozen of us who play Blitz (AtomizerX, garregus, PrincessBumblebeeTuna, SturmHaubitze, protastic, naktl).

In other Blitz news, the Fury is back in the shop. :toot: So that ordeal I had to go through to buy it on a borrowed iPad was a waste of time after all. Thanks Wargaming!

Computer viking posted:

Goddamn, warcrimes, that's quite the title.

I'm thinking that was bought by the shitter J4G that he linked to a few pages back. That guy I guess is the homophobe and he's spending tons of cash on titles for everbody that shits on him. More money for Lowtax, I guess! :toot:

Check and mate. :smug:

drat it, the Archer can't carry poo poo. I do two or three times my HP in damage every match, and the pubbies still manage to uselessly flop and lose every game. I haven't managed a single win in this thing since Saturday.

Why are you playing solo? :psyduck: I'll send a platoon invite, I have both tier 5s to grind myself.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

I just got the Sherman III and I haven't played the regular M4 in ages. The stock gun seems to bounce off of everything. I honestly don't remember what to do in this thing - everything feels worse than I remember and I'm confused.

Eh, the top 57 is better than the 76, and you can also use the 105. Still the 57s (and also the 3" guns) are not particularly accurate and take way too long to aim; the 105 is AFAIK exactly the same as the one on the M4. With the 105 you can wreck poo poo when you're on top but when you're in a tier 7 match you'll hit things for 50-100 damage. It's just not a great tank, you have to slog through it. Try to platoon, a lot of us are working on the same tier 5s.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dalael posted:

I think the Lowe is kinda fun. Its a very nice sniper than can also be used to race Maus and E-100's. Its not always about Alpha damage, you know. :colbert:

Yeah, but when it's not about alpha that usually means it's about DPM, and the Lowe has neither.

To be fair, I don't mind the gun, but it's not a great tank.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So, the VK36 is apparently good for farming the 111 mission if you're into that. I was regularly getting 4+ KPG last night, it was pretty nice. Then again, the JP & Panther 2 were also just as effective in their tiers, so no complaints there. I'm guessing that the M6 will work out nicely if I actually finish the German mission and want to do the US one.

thylacine posted:

Is the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H just bad or am I just bad.

One weird tip to make it die less. I'm always at the bottom third of the pile when I play it.

It, like the M4, is just a generic medium tank. On both you have the option of a 105 howitzer that's effective against lower tiers but less so when you're on the bottom, or a mediocre 3" gun. The M4's 76 has better pen, but poo poo accuracy & handling for such a small gun; the Pz4's 75 handles better, but with unimpressive pen. Neither tank has amazing mobility or armor. Generally play they as support, unless you're top tier with nothing left that can really abuse you (e.g. a KV-1.)

The M7 & Pz3/4 work better as medium tanks as they have actual mobility in addition to functional guns.

Sogol posted:

Blitz-

It's rumored on the RU forums that future maps will be larger. For the time being though the maps are small. Time limits are short. One result is the possibility of a lot of Battles in a short period of time. This also means it's possible to play a lot of different tanks (if you are basically an idiot like myself who had never played any other version of the game). I have played through about 115 tanks to some extent. There are about five available I have not really worked to play, some of which I am working on slowly now that I have picked some tanks to actually attempt to learn to play.

The Blitz tanks have the same or basically the same basic stats on paper as the PC version. I suspect that due to map size, time limit, touch controls that they play very differently than the PC version. Most people in Blitz hate the Lowë for instance, preferring the T34 which is the other T8 non-preferential mm premium. For my part I prefer the Lowë post buff. It is slow, but on the tiny maps you can often play a T95 across most of the map if you keep it rolling so speed is not the same kind of issue.

I am just wondering what actual players from this thread are noticing in terms of play on different tanks? I think it means that the most playable tanks on PC are not necessarily the most fun or most playable in Blitz. No idea though since I have never played the PC version.

General play seems to have changed a great deal since the introduction of Android. My own opinion is that it is getting better, but of course it varies wildly. For a time it seemed like maps would only be resolved in 7-0 massacres, but that seems to be lessening and there are more actually enjoyable games for some reason, it seems to me.

I have had limited game time over the past month, but if you see me on and can stand some atrocious play please send me an invite. I should be on a bit more after the new year. I do know the maps pretty well, regardless of whether or not I can play any of the tanks I have. Personally I don't waste any time trolling chat. The chat functionality sucks and there is no time even if you die very early on a map. Honestly I am not convinced that many of the other people can or do read anything in the chat in any case.

The tanks in Blitz do seem quite similar to their big brothers, although one notable difference is the view ranges: they're not much more than half the values in WoT, but as you said the maps are smaller.

I haven't played Blitz much recently, because there's a huge Winter event going on in WoT and I've been working on the big boy tanks. I did just get Blitz working in Bluestacks last night, but not with a controller. The last time I played, though, on my Shield, it handled very well with the controller; I certainly felt I had an advantage over the drooling pubbies (not to mention my 3 years of experience in WoT,) but then again they're not much more competent in WoT. Blitz does feel more "campy" or at least less active than WoT, probably because of the awkward touch controls, at least in the lower tiers. I suspect that at higher tiers, TDs become very powerful (not unlike in WoT) but having the ability to properly utilize a mobile tank (i.e. a hardware controller) is game-changing. You'd know better than I, though.

Trolling is definitely more difficult with the lack of a full keyboard and the chat string limit; on top of that there's a filter so I can't even say "gay" or "retard" or "shitberg" (that's an iceberg, but made of poo poo FYI.) Generally when I called pubbies out on being hot garbage they responded though, so that's pretty great. :toot:

JohnGalt posted:

Its been a year. Is the game marginally better? Also, what's the new stad patting tank?

Hey, if you do come back hit me up in-game. I think the new OP tank is the tier 8 Brit TD, the Charioteer. Think Hellcat with a 105 L7. :eyepop: I don't have one myself though, I'm still on tier 5.

Hellsau posted:

Guess who's getting gold?

Boy this guy is very earnest indeed. Good catch Elmnt80.

Niiice. The gold has been sent, enjoy, Elmnt!

Darkrenown posted:

Archie and I:

Agreeing with what was said earlier, it really can't carry. And it really sucks to run into someone as you zoom about in reverse, you'll take at least one hit while you rotate. Possibly the most annoying thing though? There's no button to lock your gun while driving, so if you don't want it swinging around retardedly you gotta hold RMB the whole time. Luckily there's a solution to this:

Well to be fair, that doesn't show that the Archer is bad, rather your teams are garbage. Half of your team doing 0 damage doesn't mean the tank you're driving is bad, or can't carry; it just means you ran into a bunch of quixperiencers.

Hellsau posted:

It's made of people!

Pubbies aren't real humans, it's OK to eat them. :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/411521-planes-tanks-and-sleighs-winners/

Someone on page three already checked the WN8 of all the Type 59 winners. Only two have four-digits, and one has a *76*.

This guy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Frost8797/1004794680/

Haha his winrate graph looks like a crooked dick. Or something. At least it's as hosed up as it is to waste a Type 59 on a shitlord like that. :eyepop:

Comrade_Canada posted:

played tanks for the x5, ended up on Stalingrad, with a whiny waffle that did 0 dmg. After a couple of pubbie insults, he flies into a rage and goes on to PM me a whole book. Managed to take screenshots of the hilarity and make an album.

http://imgur.com/a/x91g2

Better watch out, he's gonna fite u IRL m8. EAT A BIG BREAKFAST! :eyepop:

My favorite is insulting a pubbie enough for them to either leave the game, suicide, try to TK, or otherwise try to throw the match. I've actually lost quite a few to over-trolling my own pubbies, but I have no regrets.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/411521-planes-tanks-and-sleighs-winners/

Someone on page three already checked the WN8 of all the Type 59 winners. Only two have four-digits, and one has a *76*.

This guy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Frost8797/1004794680/

I thought about this some more. So the WN8 gives you like a value of ~175 just for showing up, right? Clicking "battle" and doing 0 damage? This guy has found a way to be less competent than that and he gets a type 59. :psyboom: I mean I know they're more or less randomly awarded (and I already have one so I don't give too many fucks) but they should probably take a peek at the preliminary "winners" to make sure they don't reward players that actively ruin the game.

RandomPauI posted:

Seventeen days should be more than enough time to finish the German mission right?

3 days, and I'm assuming you have more free time than I do. Set a goal for 50 kills + 50k damage each day and you should be able to do a few more of those missions. I'll be lucky if I finish 2-3. For the German one, I'd suggest playing the tanks I mentioned in the last post.

Illegal Carrot posted:

gently caress, of course I win $2 worth of gold, and not a Type 59 or anything cool :(

also, there's a gold reward for making pubbies mad? how do I get in on this?

I give out a little gold every time a PANSY makes a pubbie complain to me or does something that otherwise amuses me.

Darkrenown posted:

Being hosed when your teams suck is the definition of can't carry, surely? Of course, I played more games than those, but as soon as you're not in the ideal "In a good position with lots of targets" situation (And it's pretty good in those situations! Nice wide traverse, powerful gun, seems to have good camo) the tank just becomes a massive pain to play. Admittedly I did want to hit T6 ASAP so my games would start counting toward the WZ-111 mission, so if it wasn't for that I might have stuck with the Archer longer.

Eh, it's one thing to have to carry your team, but when half your team is actually playing for the enemy it's a whole other ballgame. Considering you can't take out your Benedict Arnolds without penalty.... I mean it's one thing to carry your team against 15 enemies, but when you have to do it against 20+, you can't honestly expect any tank to carry that hard.

falen55 posted:

I'm working toward the SU-122-54 but the grind through the SU-101 is just.so.terrible :saddowns:

I'm not a huge fan of TDs to begin with but holy poo poo is this thing a turd. The only redeeming quality is the gun with its amazing ROF, which you can barely ever get on target as both gun depression and traverse are almost non-existant.

The SU-101 is amazing when you realize that it becomes effective on specific spots on each map. You can't get shots everywhere, but you can use your great mobility & camo to get into valuable positions from which you can sodomize the enemy. It isn't fun until it *clicks*, at which point the :a2m: commences! :getin:

Remember, the SU-101 is basically a T-54 without a turret at tier 8. :eyepop: You can either wolfpack with the meds or camp at the end of a DOTA lane.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To say nothing of the fact that the -122-54 is a 'rare' tank, so you'll be hunted by the other team mercilessly - especially by the arty.

I'm not noticing anyone paying any extra attention to me in the 122-54. The "better" gun depression helps with positioning, and I guess I have a CHAI-esque playstyle (CHAIstyle?) nowadays, but I never have enemy teams drop everything and gun for me. It would be nice if that worked as I platoon with competent players who could exploit that, but no, the 122-54 is just another tonk for me.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dvsilverwing posted:

I'm pretty sure the III/IV and IV H have the same L/48 as their top 75mm.

They do, but the 3/4 has much better mobility, enough that it's a functional medium tank rather than one in name only. The 3/4 has the mobility to flank & circle opponents, and often you'll end up demolishing the inexperienced players around this tier. The 4H's lower mobility means it has less ability to work that 75 with mediocre AP & APCR penetration. The M7 & M4 have the same relationship (but with different guns.)

Strobe posted:

The III/IV also has one of the worst on the move mobility accuracy of any medium tank I've ever played.

It's been a while since I've driven mine, but I never had a problem with the gun handling. You can play it as a mobile sniper, kinda, using your great mobility to get into position, but I use it as a flanker. Either the handling is fine for me in general or it doesn't matter at brawling distance.

Darkrenown posted:

I'm spoiled by having been playing a lot of T-54 games recently, which totally can :unsmigghh:

I know, I know, the T-54 is definitely an example of a spectacular tank for its tier, and the Archer less so. Still, I've had matches like those in my Archer (top damage by far, more than half the rest of the team with 0 damage) and never have I thought it's the tank's fault. You just can't win every match no matter how good you and/or the tank are. gently caress pubbies.

RandomPauI posted:

I bit the bullet and bought the last four tokens I needed to finish the mission. $40 for a WZ-111 with the prospect of getting gold if I finish one more nations grind seems like the best balance between having the money and having a life.

So how does the token thing work, regardless of whether you buy or grind them? I've seen people with the 111 right at the beginning, so I know they didn't grind it, but does it not automatically turn the tokens into the tank once you have them all? Do you have to manually redeem them somehow?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

It just does it automatically. And if you have a token and did the mission you get 2,400 gold.

Oh so you did 3 of the missions and bought the other 4 tokens, now you have the 111? And the 4 missions are still available, so you could complete those and then get credit for the gold (I thought it was 2500) that you would be eligible for from having purchased the tokens? I thought someone mentioned that if you bought the tokens and got the 111 then the missions disappeared, or were marked as unavailable, or something like that?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Strobe posted:

A T6 Tiger with the historical 88 and engine would be really cool, actually. I'd drive one.

Play the VK36, dude.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

OMC ModPack is updated again with a couple of new mods. There's a Tank Experience one that tells you on the stats sheet in the garage how much XP is needed to research the next vehicle and to elite the current one, along with battle estimates for each. Another mod gives extended tank details on the mouse-over tooltips, but I think this one conflicts with the carousel mod (which I can't do without, so this new one had to go.) POGS OTMs are finally back in, and there's one that automatically makes you say "gold shell" after every time you fire. :smug: Not really, but you know I'd use it if it existed.

Squiddite posted:

I love the feeling when you're busy holding up your flank, things are going okay, and then you can see the pubbies start deliberately throwing the game.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/squiddite-na-9ae78eceb9dd6f684dd3cf520611adad/westfield-germany-e-100-36807523254557838

:suicide:

I made FunkyJ show this replay last night on his stream, so now the whole world got to see you fail. In all seriousness, that was a tough match, and a terrible loss, but I think at the end you should've angled your turret against that 704 (I'm guessing that's how he penned you.) You probably could've won after bouncing his shot.

RandomPauI posted:

That sounds like a math problem.

8 east + 5 west = 0 east + 4 west.

Math nerd incoming!
8e - 5w = 0e - 4w
8e = 1w
One of the enemy pubbies was worth 8 of the friendlies. :suicide:

Poil posted:

Thanks for your support and tips guys, I appreciate it. :)

Here's my stats so you can laugh at them. http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000106170-LordDrool/
They're bad, and a bit incorrect since they list 771 battles in the KV-1 even though I've never played it (it's from derping around before the split). My least bad thing is probably my hit ratio.

Wow, so bad. U should get gud. :smugdog:

The Southern Dandy posted:

Thank you. At least someone has some sense in this thread.

Juffo loves his 155 58, and there's no denying it can be good. But why gently caress around with 1250 damage shots (at best) when you can go whole hog one shots in a 261, GWE-100, or a 53/55 (the CGC really lost its luster with me.) Plus, with that autoloader on the 155 58 you might miss!

Why don't you like the CGC any more?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So, my old Eve CEO, the guy who got me into WoT, started playing this again after taking a break of over two years. He of course got one of his accounts chatbanned immediately for something he said in General chat to Cerrine. :rolleyes:

We platooned a couple nights ago, and I think he's liking the game again! He only has tier 8 max, but we played some low tiers as well and had a blast. Since he's been gone for so long, he just discovered the Pz1c and seems to be in love with it. :) I wonder why....

He's clearly rusty, but I was able to carry us most of the time. We ended up with >60% throughout the session during the 5x weekend.

Squiddite posted:

But you do realize that at that point the Roomba and Cent had hit 100% cap and the match was literally finished, right? I should've made a better effort to survive out of habit, but winning had been impossible for at least 90 seconds and honestly I'd played fairly sloppily against those 704s up to that point anyway; I was resigned to losing once the AMX, JT, and Panther suicided.

Ah, well, as I said, I watched this while Rob streamed it, and we chatted over it, so I wasn't paying attention as closely as I would when I normally watch replays. Good try, though.

JuffoWup posted:

btw, just to finish the arty chat earlier a little more clearly. I would say if anyone was to go down an arty tree with the specific goal of having one t10 artillery in their garage, go for the gw e-100. It is the everybody artillery. It has very middling stats and the skirts give you some modicum of defense against non direct hit counter batteries when you forget to move after shooting.

How is the GWP nowadays? I unlocked it before the nerf and never played it; is it worth re-buying? Also, what about the tiers 8 & 9; anything to note?

Dalael posted:

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

Once in a while someone'll try to CB; out of habit, I scoot around when I play arty. Most of the time I drive the Bat arty, so this is pretty easy to do.

Darkrenown posted:

I had this guy on my team last night, he might be the worst player in WoT:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/souras/500058639/
Points of special interest are how all his graphs are going steadily downwards, and how he has a 39% WR in the VK4005B with over 1000 games :wtc:

Now that is pretty bizarre. You don't suppose this was an account sale? That would explain the transition from "competent" to "full retard."

Riller posted:

Former StuG LyfE member here looking to get back into the game. I've got a few tier 10s: IS-7, IS-4, T92, T110E5. I'd love to be doing clan wars because I enjoy getting free gold, and it would be fun to play with some of the old crew, whichever clan they're in now. Anyone interested please shoot Riller a clan invite. TIA

Well, sent you a PANSY invite if you're interested. Remember that you have to accept it by logging in at worldoftanks.com

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

OTTER is rolling forth a new initiative to be a more "friendly" clan. I had a feeling this was coming after we decimated won the 3rd campaign.

It is weird that I kind of agree with this initiative. I do love being a dick to terrible pubbies, but it feels like this game is dying faster than it seems.

What do you guys think? Should it be the better clans duty to guide the garbage through the trash heap?

What are you referring to? OTTER clan members being "friendly" to pubbies in random battles, or not making GBS threads on pubbie clans in CW?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Quick, someone try this line in-game and tell me how long it takes to get chatbanned:

"If those cops didn't want to get shot, then why do they dress like criminals?"

Mesadoram posted:

Both. We've been sounding super condescending with our "helpful advice" in strongholds to vent our anger at the camping masses.

Oh PANSY does the same thing with the camping shitlords in skirmishes; there's nothing wrong with making GBS threads on the shitters who don't want to learn how to play the game. Who gives a gently caress if they think you're bulli?

RandomPauI posted:

I'm making so much more progress with the missions just sticking to one tank than I am jumping tank to tank, nation to nation. It's less frustrating too. When I die I can just do something else until the tank unlocks!

Well it's a good idea to focus on one mission at a time unless you know you'll complete them all anyway. Otherwise you risk running out of time with all the missions partially completed, which is worthless.

OSad posted:

I didn't know we were famous.

Next it's going to be NTR or Forge or something. We just want to take it easy, man.

So, I heard you quit PANSY again because someone convinced you that Hellsau had re-joined. Confirm/Deny. This is important.

apseudonym posted:

Researched:T-54 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 142000. Free Experience spent: 0.

My first tier 9 :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IlNbsILLE

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

So much XP to get the gun on it :smith:

Yeah, but that's not unique to the T-54. A lot of tier 9s have that issue, particularly the medium tanks; take a look at the WZ-120, and be thankful you're not grinding that line! Part of the process of preparing to play the 120 without spending a shitload of free xp or grinding it stock is to unlock the tier 10 Chinese heavy first! :eyepop:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ok, so the German 111 mission was pretty simple, finished that at tiers 6-8 basically using almost 100% tanks with 88s. I was averaging about 850:1 damage:kills, so by the time I got 150 kills I just had to get a little more damage and then I was done. The Soviet mission is more frustrating; I'm generally using high-alpha tanks and doing way more damage than kills; I'm guessing about 1500-2000:1 damage:kills. I hit the 150k damage and needed 50 more kills, and still haven't finished the mission after this past weekend. We played almost 100 games, with ~75% winrate. KV-2, SU-152, ISU, 416, and some 122-54 thrown in. I'm basically doing all the damage on the front end, and then the targets get finished off while I'm on reload. It's interesting to compare the experience in those tanks to that of the German 88s. On the upside, I'm getting very familiar with the fantastic 416 and ISU, both of which I'm also grinding so.... :toot:

Also, I passed 55% global winrate this weekend, so an extra :toot: for me!

Anyone want to be my recruit to get me the special tonk? That Aussie I recruited just sort of disappeared without playing a single game. :iiam: We can disucss compensation.

OSad posted:

Confirmed. The name Hellsau makes me skitter so fast, I barely even have time to catch up on the hot anime of the season.

So, uh, you didn't want to spend the 2 seconds it would've taken to confirm that, no, Hellsau did not rejoin PANSY, and you just got trolled by other goons? :eyepop:

Victor Surge posted:

That change would help me a lot. It's kind of a crutch coming from Xbox. If you are looking in the general direction of an enemy tank and they are looking at you, you get an exclamation point whether you can see them or not and then the sixth sense perk works like normal when you finally get that. The default doesn't help with getting shot in the rear end or sides but it is useful. The change seems better then even the Xbox system.

Oh hey, it's the Slender Man guy! :3:

moosecow333 posted:

I proclaimed my love for a TOG II player as I was constantly ramming him from behind with my tank. Apparently the other player liked it so much I got a clan invite out of it. This game is loving weird.

Hmm, this sounds like something I'd do but I haven't played the TOG recently and thus haven't sent any clan invites for the actions you've described above.... :iiam:

FalloutGod posted:

I've had a lot of fun rolling around in my KV-1 rockin the 11 mm U-11 gun and the huge view and signal range is great. I'm not sure where to go now though. I've read the KV-2 is a big troll machine that is a lot of fun and while I dig that I've also read the T-150 is the more resilient tank. The T-150 has the option to use the mm U-11 but at tier 6 will it still be viable to use it? I've actually unlocked the KV-2 but then saw the 920k price range. By the time I hit a million credits I'll be able to unlock and afford any of the 3 choices at this point. (KV-2, KV-1S, T150) I don't know anything about the KV-1S.

The U-11 is 122 mm, not 11 mm. Also, the KV-1's view & signal ranges are atrocious; it's almost blind. :psyduck:

The KV-1S is fun; it's similar to the KV-1 but loses some armor for mobility, so it depends on your playstyle (I prefer the former.) They even get basically the same two top guns, the 122 and an 85 (the KV-1 also gets a 57 if you want a peashooter on your heavy tank.)

The KV-2 is indeed a troll machine and is very fun, while the T-150 is more of a conventional heavy tank; it's basically an evolution of the KV-1. I have both (actually, I kept all of the tanks you mentioned) if that helps you decide. :cheeky:

Darkrenown posted:

Some guy got super mad at me in a match and continually made fun of my stats. Since I was busy carrying the match I messaged him afterwards to ask why he was stat-shaming me with much worse stats. The conversation was weird:

I shot the guy once in the match, using AP - I was just baffled why he'd made up such an insane story.

Hellsau posted:

Why weren't you firing gold? More importantly, why didn't you claim to be firing 100% gold?

And why weren't you claiming to be paying real cash for your 100% gold shells? And why didn't you tell him that you actually use secret super-premium shells that cost double but always pen?!? It's like you don't know how to troll! :psyduck:

KurdtLives posted:

My favorite troll is "Hey red team, OBAMA, amirite?"

PANSY is basically the Obama fanclub, although recently we've been focusing on Dr. Bill Cosby and ISIS.

Captain Blaargh posted:

The KV-220 worth it?

Yes, it's good despite the gun. I mix it into platoons with different tanks, generally ones with decent pen, e.g. Church 3 or even SU-85B.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, for some reason I've a feeling that the WZ-111 will be the last call for a 'new' fixed MM tank. The M56 Scorpion is getting de-tiered to T7 and keeping the 90mm. I think that's what they're going to do from now on - subtract a tier from a tank that might otherwise get fixed MM, and ensure it at least has a *chance* against the maximum tier it'll face, which at T7 would be T9, and the 90mm M3 it'll get has 243mm gold pen and 160mm with AP.

Wait, I knew they were de-tiering the Scorpion, but where did you hear that they're also taking away that original gun? The last thing I read, from everyone's favorite idiot, suggested that it was keeping the gun: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/21/straight-outta-supertest-m56-scorpion-to-tier-7/

OSad posted:

To be honest, I wanted to go back to PZMOE for a bit and the "news" was a nice scapegoat. That was the clan I was in since beta and every once in a while, I like to drop by for a rain check and hang out with some of the cool dudes in there. I don't really *have* to be in PZMOE, since we all share the same mumble, but being in the clan gives me access to the clan chat, which is nice since not everyone in the clan uses mumble during peak time.

What exactly is PZMOE?

Poil posted:

I finally got enough xp to ditch the birch gun, and got into the bishop. Holy poo poo it's awful. What kind of moron thought it was a good idea to have arty without gun elevation? If the ground is completely flat you've got fairly bad range. If the ground is sloping the slightest bit downwards you're stuck with noticeably shorter range than most tanks you go up against have sight. If the enemy is on higher elevation than you? Lol, gently caress you you can't get a shot up there.

Uh, the Bishop with the top gun has pretty ridiculous elevation; that's the reason it and the 304 are so good, their shots (near their max range) fall nearly vertically and have a good chance to pen thin deck/roof armor. The max range suffers as a result, but that's the tradeoff for being effective. The 304 is a better expression of that playstyle, as it has the mobility to change position.

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey guys I know I don't post here often but this exploit is too good to not share so bear with me while I tell you how to get back at wargaming...

You know that you can buy multiple tokens of the same nation right ?
That means you can get multiple WZ-111's !
That means you can make an insane ammount of credits by buying tokens and then selling the tanks for mad profit.

Do it fast before they fix that mad exploit I made millions in a matter of hours.

Just so anyone doesn't actually do this, the $/gold (or credits) conversion ratio can' t possibly be profitable unless the in-game value of the 111 is hosed up. On the wiki it's listed as 12250 gold, which is in-line with the value of other tier 8 prem tanks. Regardless of whether or not you convert that to credits, the value is still about $50, so buying all the tokens for $70 is simply not worth it; you'd be better off buying $50 or $100 of gold, or one of the credit packs if you really need them.

nutranurse posted:

Should I be gunning straight for higher tiers, or should I faff around within each tier before moving up? Or is it something best left to my discretion.

Basically you need to get comfortable at each tier before moving up, or you won't be effective. Get in the goons channel in-game and on TS to platoon with goons.

Darkrenown posted:

Goddamnit, because the pubbie's insane mad up gold round tracker was a lot funner than the standard "all gold" troll :argh:
Fine!

Well yeah, that's why you troll the pubbies while they spew their insane bullshit! :)

OSad posted:

Well.

If you kills us, then we'll probably stop getting tag-teamed back-to-back against the top 10 clans on the server, which at this point, I can only take as a good thing. Because besides our undying love for moé and boxes, none of us have any idea what kinda bone a clan not even in the 100th's picked with them.

Eh, you guys are just getting targeted because those clans are active during your defense period. You're listed as available for attack; I'm sure it's nothing personal, they probably don't even know your clan.

KurdtLives posted:

You know, I had a Cromwell win with a good amount of xp but I only penned like two shots and did a moderate amount of spotting, but what I DID do was use my agility to bait the higher tier tanks in missing me about a dozen times while my team took them out. Doe WoT reward you for red missing your tank somehow?

If we got rewarded for pubbies missing then we'd all make 10k XP a game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

This leaves me with more questions than answers.... :stare:

Desuwa posted:

The Bishop is great. The lack of range is actually caused by having a lot of elevation. Your shells take a long time to travel but they come down at a perfect angle.

The Bishop is overshadowed as hell by the 304, which has the same gun with the same arc and range a tier higher, yet is the best arty in the game (even after the nerfs). The 304 is just significantly faster and smaller.

e: What I'm saying is get used to it. It's significantly shorter range than other arty but it's worth it. Hide behind a hill or building closer to the front lines; you should be within draw distance but outside of max spotting range. Coincidentally firing at max range gets you the best arc for hitting engine decks. Just slam everyone who thinks they're in arty cover. You have the arc/elevation to get shots that no other arty can make.

Son, you just got e;fb by almost 20 minutes. :smug:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

How good is the WZ-111? By the time the missions are over I'll probably have 3 of them completed. Is the tank worth buying tokens for the other 4?

Great armor, good mobility, average gun. Easily worth $40, get it while you can.

Desuwa posted:

Yeah but I didn't hide it in a massive effortpost. :smugdog:

Also posting at work and whatever.

"Hide?" "Effort?" :psyboom:

And you were at work?!? How irresponsible! Connect me to your supervisor, mister, you're going to be in soo much trouble! :colbert:

MoraleHazard posted:

I've been trying to find a key to the XVM stats shown in game and I can't. So what do the magic numbers mean? I'm gathering by my red text that I suck.

Also, are there chatlogs for raging pubbies or does one just have to screenshot it? I told some raging pub that nerd rage causes cancer and he lost it even more.

Reading XVM is quite simple with a little practice. In this case, that screenshot tells me that literally everyone on your team needs to uninstall, kill their families to protect the rest of our population's gene pool, and then kill themselves. Sorry to break it to you that way. :smith:

It's basically what Ensign said: total games played rounded to the nearest 1k, WN8*, winrate. The values are color coded based on the scale chosen for that particular XVM config, but generally they go red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple from bad to great. *There's a full WN8 value, typically a 3-or-4-digit number, but occasionally two or even one digit, which usually indicates a bot; then there's a 2-digit short form, which may or may not be percentile. Interested in improving your stats? For best results, I recommend getting gud.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Looks like this post wins the thread! :suicide:

Atrocious Pirate posted:

I did say that i wouldn't be able to make a start until after Christmas / New Years. I might be able to make some-sort of a start on the weekend or latter in the week. I'm going to perform some sort of vodoo blackmagic & organise a few $ into my PayPal that way i can get the account into Premium and get some sort of Prem tank simply because last time i got into the game i wasn't able to even get into a match in the Tier 1 starter tanks. :420:

Oh I know you said you wouldn't have much time to play until later, it's just that you literally disappeared from the thread(s) and never played a single game with your new account. I interpreted your post here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626283&userid=160170#post439067544
...as meaning you'd be playing a little here and there, and then regularly after the 5th.

I wasn't trying to sound unappreciative or anything like that, quite the opposite: I really do appreciate that you allowed me to recruit you. In fact, I'd be more than happy to provide compensation, which is what I'd planned to discuss with you before you got busy. No problem, really, I just though you decided against playing (or couldn't) because we hadn't heard from you. We'll chat more about it later.

saintonan posted:

Ugh. I am a coinflipper from the previous page, but I realized last night that I'm the opposite of most bad players in this game in that when I enter a battle, I have a good idea what my strategy should be, where I should go, what tanks I should engage, where to aim on the red tonk.

My problem is that I just can't do it. Mechanically. I take far too long to aim, it takes me forever to get angled properly, I almost always turn the wrong way when I'm reversing, and I generally look like an idiot. Going into sniper mode confounds me, since my viewpoint in sniper mode is never where I was looking right before I changed modes. I guess I need to spend an hour in the tutorial just practicing move up, aim, fire, reverse back into cover, rinse, repeat.

To be fair, this isn't quite a twitchy FPS, doing well is more dependent on reading the teams and the map and anticipating how the battle will play out. Aiming is less important when you remember the fact that your shots only go where the server wants them to due to dispersion, and there's a goddamn +/-25% variance in both penetration and damage. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't but your success largely depends on being in the right place, not clicking faster. As far as the movement and zoom problems, well, that's something else, but practice will help. I know your name, but have never played with you because you never seem to be around (at least when I am, which is not often either.)

Saint Celestine posted:

Should add: Don't do this.

I watched a replay of yours in the E-75, it was quite interesting. I like how you swung your hull & turret back and forth between shots. I'd have to see more replays, in medium tanks, to get more of a feel for how you play.

MoraleHazard posted:

For getting gud, is it smarter to stick with, say one Tier V or Tier VI tank, or perhaps play only one type of tank like mediums? I tended to jump from heavy to TD to light kind of as I felt like it, but playing a map in a TD or in a medium could be very different. Right now I'm doing just one class of tank in an evening so yesterday it was all mediums.

Well I was being mostly facetious with the "get gud" comment; I'm an insufferable rear end in a top hat in victory and defeat, and on the rare occasions I don't go full potatoe I often tell the enemy team to "get gud" or "rekt" or something along those lines. People still platoon with me though, so :iiam:

On the other hand, getting better is obviously the goal. Part of that is learning all the maps, which will take time as there are a couple dozen of them and they alter them from patch-to-patch. Alternately, play DOTA to learn all the maps simultaneously. :downsrim: Another component is learning the tanks, which lets you know what they're capable of, both driving them and facing them. Beyond that, there were a couple of points where I had epiphanies and the game just "clicked" for me, and there's not only not a better way of describing it, there's nothing I can do to help make it "click" for you. You just have to practice and try to get better, which will instantly separate you from 90% of the shitlord pubbie playerbase.

Beyond that, try out different tank classes to see what works for you: some guys prefer arty (Dandy, Juffo), some prefer Heavies (Exia), others like me prefer Medium & Light tanks because of their mobility. Also, don't rush up the tech tree; stick with one tank until you're comfortable with it, and have learned what to expect from the enemy tanks it sees, which generally means those up to two tiers above or below.

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there a site that offers arty strategies?
For example, best placement options for maps with lots of structures or obstacles.

As mentioned, some EU player named Tyraforce is writing SPG guides on FTR: http://ftr.wot-news.com/?s=tyraforce&submit=Search

You generally position far enough back where enemies on the front line can't spot you, and usually moving up as a flank advances is a good idea. For example, on Ensk, if your team takes the field in the East you can move to F0 to get shots in the middle of the town that would normally be blocked by the buildings.

Baron Porkface posted:

I've got my first SPG, what are the most important mods for it?

A good crosshair mod (e.g. Melty's, Damocles, Jimbo's, etc.) and Battle Assistant are a start. See the OMC link above.

Atal Vataman posted:

but what about the churchill 3?

Can anyone give me some arguments for or against getting one?

Cippalippus posted:

I'm looking for tips for the Churchill 3 as well. How do I use it?

Ahahaha loving EU tankgoon trolls. :rolleyes: :jerkbag:

Rothmog posted:

So the referral program is bullshit. I can't invite people since I didn't play 1 match between mid-September and mid-November.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/recruitment/

I think you're just having an issue from being inactive yourself. Once you start playing again you should be able to recruit people. If it still doesn't work, contact support.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I may eventually come back for a few games here and there because of this. Eventually.

Also, I have to agree with Camador - if you just give up because of a match going to poo poo you are giving up the match yourself. I really am going to have to re-learn with cam or hellsau or something so I can not start as a tomato.

Hey, so how is baby Barack/Michelle? :jewish:

And I can teach you how to get gud!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Anyone have a working hedge trimmer link that's current? I remember not having one bothering the gently caress out me.

Wow, that's a totally illegal and banned mod and you should probably look in PGS not that there's anything illegal there.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The same people who can't keep themselves from taking pictures of what they're eating and putting it on their Facebook wall.

You mean women? No wait, that'd be Pinterest.

Illegal Carrot posted:

Who wants to platoon with me and try out the new personal missions?

Sure, but I'm not going to be around until the weekend.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

rossmum posted:

One of the missions requires you to form a light tank platoon.

gently caress you WG.

Just be happy one of the missions isn't something like "Buy the Sexton 3."

saintonan posted:

It looks like lots of what were my favorite lower-tier tanks got nerfed pretty hard. The old KV1s got split into two tanks, and the new tier5 KV1s is even more hilariously OP (122mm at Tier 5 lol) but the KV-85 at tier 6 seems sluggish and the gun seems a lot worse than I remember. Maybe I'll replace the derp with the new 100mm they added and see if that helps. The Hellcat nerfs made me a sad panda, it's slow paper-mache now instead of fast paper-mache and you can't snap shot with it anymore. Working on getting a Jumbo Sherman so I'll have something fun to play again at that tier.

I've been watching Sela's streams a lot this week and it just looks like his aiming is a lot smoother than mine - he drops into sniper, points his mouse where he wants the shot to go, and boom. For me, I go into sniper and the reticle bounces all over the place. It takes me a second just to get it stable and even small mouse movements jerk the reticle around. Maybe my mouse sensitivity is too high, who knows. What you say about not being so picky about targeting is probably true, though, I should just let it fly especially if I'm >100m away from my victim.

The new KV-1S has a 122, but it's the 122 howitzer like the KV-1 has always had. Still, it's a good tank. The KV-85 has worse frontal armor with a more reliable gun (the 100), but the huge change is the lack of gun depression.

Don't snapshot unless you're close, you still want to aim when appropriate. I do know what you mean about smooth aiming, I myself am very...frantic, perhaps, but I make do. Partly this is because I habitually lift the mouse & re-center it, even though I'm not running out of space (I have a huge mousepad.) It may have something to do with the sensitivity like you said.

Played a bunch of WoT Blitz yesterday. It owns and if the controls weren't that awkward, I'd give up regular WoT. The matches are shorter, there is much more potential to carry, and it's generally less frustrating. Also, nobody uses the chat.

Pubbies are still dumb as gently caress and still have to be reminded to hold their phone sideways each battle.

Sent you a friend invite.

MariusLecter posted:

i am a gay baby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjcPVwJWibc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWXHJMQ0DM

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

OSad posted:

You never appreciate how hard it is to set someone on fire, until you get a mission to do it.

I've been trying all day and I just got a game where I finished off where I thought a T29's fuel tanks were. Didn't think anything of it, but when I check the after battle report, I *did* destroy his fuel tanks.

But it was the last shot he had the HP for, and so the fire didn't get a chance to tick, so the mission didn't goddamn count. gently caress.

Just shoot 100% gold; premium shells purchased with actual gold have a greater chance to cause fires, and if you buy them using your Obamacare welfare checks they get a 100% chance to cause fires! :eng101: Also make sure to inform pubbies about this! :getin:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Subyng posted:

Did 0 damage, but single-handedly spotted literally their entire team.

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Subyng posted:

It wasn't a suicide scout. I sat in a bush near lake on Lakeville and lit up the entire enemy team moving into city and middle road while my teammates took shots. I died trying to move in to flank. Nice assumptions though assholes, you don't get that much xp for a suiscout.

Pls no bulli! :ohdear:

OSad posted:

Pretty much a KV-5 that's better in every way, really. It handles itself acceptably in tier 9 matches and makes a mockery out of tier 8 tanks.

Well, the KV-4 has a better gun but miserable DPM.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tracula posted:

So, what, a +1/-1 tier spread is a good idea now? I remember people bringing that up in the past as an idea and basically getting ganged up and told to git gud and that you should carry literally every game even if you're two tiers down.

I don't mind being bottom tier in "support" tanks, but I've always said that it would make more sense if tanks got different MM based on their capabilities. I mean, we already have to deal with scouts getting worse MM, so inherently bad tanks should probably get pref MM where appropriate. Examples include the Chi-Ri, VK3002, Church 7, etc.

That being said, pubbies already don't understand platooning and battle tiers, so this would probably confuse the hell out of them even though it would benefit them. The battle tier info really should be displayed prominently in-game.... In any case they really need to prevent failplatoons from being able to form in the first place.

Illegal Carrot posted:

Is there some way to combine mods from the Aslain and OMC mod packs? There are some really nice features in both that I'd like to get my hands on, but just running one installer after the other doesn't work.

I used to do this, before OMC started updating frequently enough that they had everything I wanted. What exactly does Aslain's have that OMC doesn't?

The way you can do it is to run the first pack and get the stuff exclusive to that pack, then run the second pack without clearing the res_mods folder. If there are no file conflicts everything will work, but you can't absolutely be sure of that. You could run the first pack & copy the res_mods folder, then do the second one with a clean install (overwrite res_mods), and also make a backup of the new res_mods. Then you copy one over to the other and analyze any overwrite requests.

coyo7e posted:

So I have been playing this on the Xbox 360 console and I know it's nerfed to poo poo and retarded but I was trying to talk a new roommate into installing this on his monster water-cooled box, and was wondering if there's a post or anything I should point him to with a list of mods etc he should get set up ahead of time, while he watches me play the lovely version on my poorbox.

http://odemmortis.com/odem-mortis-modpack/

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Also, the crew thing makes me extremely excited. I can recycle some of my t10 loaders into commanders with their two skills. IE, I can recycle them into sixth sense wielding commanders when a new branch is released without wanting to stab my eyes out training up such a crew. The loss of a loader to just 100% is really not that noticed. Radio operator too, but I don't think I have many radio operators in my t10 tanks.

Just keep in mind 6th is eventually moving to the Radioman as a base ability. I wouldn't spend too much gold on the retraining any earlier than necessary.

Illegal Carrot posted:

What are some profitable non-premium tanks, and could they ever hope to earn as much at something like the Jag8.8?

The JT88 will be more profitable than pretty much anything from the tech tree, but typically tier 5-6 TT tanks are considered moneymakers for those that don't have premium ones. You generally look for a tank with a good gun and cheap shells. Something like a Hellcat at tier 6 fits those criteria, but not the SU-100, because while the latter is very good the 122 shells are expensive. (122 shells do less than twice the damage of the 90 mm ones but cost more than twice as much.) Look for something that doesn't require you to fire many/any premium shells. Or just shoot HE, it's cheaper, and does more damage too! :eyepop:

Saint Celestine posted:

Or. Or maybe they just made it really really hard so that not every pubbie can get one.

I just recently pulled off what would have been heavy mission 15, for 16k combined damage done and absorbed, in my E100.

Well seeing as you're easily in the top 10 in any metric you're not quite the best metric of the ability of the average player. :toot:

It's not that difficult missions are bad, rather that luck-based ones are annoying. How often can you repeat that 16k damage dealt/received?

If we could complete the missions simply by playing well, that would be fine, but when you have to wait for certain conditions to be met in the first place, then hope the battle plays out just right, that's a pain in the rear end. Having to "activate" the missions manually is the poo poo-frosting on the cake.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Crossposting from PANSY thread because goddamn:

He has a big house, a boat, and a 35k custom Harley.

Also: terrible tattoos, a white-trash family, and pub-tacular stats.

Axetrain posted:

I believe the KV-2 is pretty good for this sort of thing.

The KV-2 is good for all the things. :smugdog:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Strobe posted:

I love how I apparently have exactly the opposite playstyle of everyone else here.

I run fighter-spec carriers. I've shot down over 200 aircraft since the weekend opened up again.

It's a good feeling to utterly outclass anything your opponent has in the air. A real good feeling.

Wait, do you actually get to choose your aircraft complement?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

You know, you guys whine about my effortpoasting, but at least I post about tanks in the tanks thread. Maybe create a boats thread in PGS if you're that paranoid? You guys realize you don't have to pay to open a new thread, right?

maev posted:

Should I drop 60k free exp to get the E100 top gun or is the stock grind OK enough to just deal with it?

Well on the up side the stock gun is the E75/45B/Maus gun. On the down side, the stock gun is the E75/45B/Maus gun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

xthetenth posted:

Finally. Yamato footage from a dude who knows what he's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiLYz95MBI

And I'm basically done here.

Eh, not quite:

"World of Warships Beta ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by SiriusStarNetwork.

:saddowns:

What the gently caress is "SiriusStarNetwork"?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

rossmum posted:

I dunno, watching our last living platoon member snatch a win by the skin of his teeth as one shitler drowned accidentally and the other drove in front of his pixel T-50-2 was pretty great.

Here's the correct way to do these missions: get 5 goons in a platoon, get in TS, get drunk/high/both, and just not give a gently caress.

The 8bit mode is a little "meh" in that it's very repetitive due to how limited it is (one map, 3 tanks, that's it) but the super-platoons are a loving blast! I agree that they would completely throw off the balance of random battles but goddamn is it great to have 5 goons platooned!

Poil posted:

Hmmmm, on the NA server, would it work to claim that Lee was a nazi? Or would the wannabe-confederates approve of that? Maybe make up something about Lee and Rommel being gay lovers in warcrimes. But that might be too obvious.

I think I tried some troll regarding Lee and Hitler, but it didn't really take off and nobody seemed to realize that Lee died before Hitler was born (and thus the Nazi reference is even more of a stretch.)

Magres posted:

E: Random mod a friend linked me to last night that's really nice here. It makes it so your autoaim will, within a circle around your cursor, snap to the nearest tank instead of requiring LoS to a tank to autoaim at it. You still have to have your target spotted (it's not a cheat), but it makes fighting on the move (or autoaiming to have your shot lined up when you poke) much, much easier.

It's been in OMC ModPack for a while. I tried it but it throws me off because I still have autoaim & lock turret on RMB, so when I click for the latter it locks a target I don't want it to.

NotWearingPants posted:

IS8 or M103? I can only afford one.

I have done significantly better in the IS and IS-3 than I did in the T29 and T32. But American heavies were the first line I went down so the difference in performance can probably be attributed to my different skill level.

Also, I could have a crew with several skills for the M103 thanks to these winter missions, and I'd rather not promote my IS or IS-3 crews because I like those tanks and want to keep them.

The M103 is very good, and leads to a great tank. The IS-8 was an interesting tank, one that I didn't mind playing, but it's more of a medium. The gun is very good, and as far as the 10s go I actually prefer the IS-4 over the IS-7. I'm bad at both, so take that into consideration!

NotWearingPants posted:

The only difficult part is getting the opposing tank highlighted so you can turn it on. Or hitting it twice because you thought you missed it the first time and accidently turning it off. That's why it seems like a cheat to me. It's extremely difficult to set autoaim when popping over the hill for a quick scouting look on a map like Prokorov or Ruinberg.

Ah, there's actually another mod in OMC ModPack that would help you: it highlights your autoaimed target with a colored cylinder around it!

Cippalippus posted:

You guys have no clue about how the eu server works if you think that you can troll it in English. No one will even understand a word of it. The new Xvm feature that shows the client language revealed that only a fraction of the players use the English client.

Not disagreeing with you in principle, but there are plenty of people who might happen to be multilingual like yourself and understand English as well!

Not Americans, though, we barely speak one language.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

For IS-7 owners, how is the IS-7 different from the IS-8?

They're not even close. The IS-8 is quicker, with a better gun; the IS-7 has the armor.

Magres posted:

Try autoaim on MMB, it works really well for me

Ah, the MMB is on the scroll wheel, it's always been awkward to press. I might give it a shot though.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

DonkeyHotay posted:

It only took 11 tries but I managed to survive a battle that my team won, only to realize that I didn't get credit for the First loving Mission because I somehow managed to un-start it.

gently caress this loving stupid poo poo game.

I have only played a handful of real games since the missions were implemented, but gently caress that loving system. Having to activate them manually is bad enough, but then you have to repeatedly go back into the missions menu to figure out what you're supposed to do because there is no other reference for the stupid combinations of criteria you need for each goddamn mission. I mean I suppose if you're just focusing on the missions, one vehicle at a time, it may be easier, but I still jump around between types & tiers. gently caress it, I'm just going to play to win and if the missions are completed, so be it. (And I haven't even mentioned the impact on pubbies' behavior, but gently caress it. gently caress everyone in the rear end with their own dicks.)

SoUncool posted:

The Abrams can nearly stop on a dime, thanks to a very powerful hydraulic braking plate on both drive wheels. Inexperienced drivers are taught early not to use this except in emergencies (72 tons will stop all on its own just fine if you take your hands of the accelerator). Many commanders have lost teeth or broken noses by slamming their faces into the M2 .50 cal after a driver panicked and slammed the brake suddenly.

Holy poo poo, every part of that video is awesome. The forward speed :eyepop:, the reverse speed :fap:, the hull and turret traverse! :stwoon: The Abrams is more awesome that I had ever imagined!

Prav posted:

I don't think there's any shortage of americans who absolutely have to play their granpa's ship the USS Full of Semen

A.K.A. The USS Pansy!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaxGjttoVM

Like I said, I've only played a few games, 10 to be exact, since the missions became available. I will try your 1337 h4x0ring technique the next time I'm in-game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo the Kitakami! All those torpedoes! :captainpop:

I missed this earlier. Will Kaiten be in the game somehow?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Also, I want this so much.

I like the Merkava. The chains on the turret remind me of the Predator and his dreadlocks. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dustoph posted:

Is there a list of best tanks per tier? I haven't played in a long time, and the tree has grown so much, that I'm overwhelmed in figuring out which tanks to keep, get, or go for. Ideally I'd like to have 2 good tanks per tier on hand, and more if they are also tits. Like I remember the T4 Leopard being cool back when. I'm sure this would change a lot, but appreciate any advice.

Edit: Is the KV-1 with the big gun still hilariously fun?

I know this is from a few days ago, and Alleviated posted his own detailed response, but I figured I'd copy the writeup I made a couple months ago as you may find it informative:

http://pastebin.com/JdSUATJZ

It hasn't been updated since the original post, and formatting has been stripped (italics) but it's still largely accurate. Let me know if you have any questions.

YF19pilot posted:

Apparently my computer can now run WoT (poorly). I've been piddling around on the SEA server, but I might see if I can get onto one of the NA servers without too much lag. It's been a while since I logged in, and I know I had just gotten an M103, or was just on the verge of getting it, so if someone sends me a refferal, I can get tier X probably within the next month or two.

I got dibs since nobody else seems interested. I can get you an invite code and some compensation as well.

WayAbvPar posted:

Well I have just been educated by this shitlord esteemed WoT player. He posits that win rate and stats are meaningless. Further more, win rate is only data, and that I obviously don't know the difference between data and information. And something about TOGs having to fight tiers 7 and 8 (although he was in a Matilda BP at the time, so I have no idea what that was about).

You learn something every day, I guess. At least people who can fog a mirror and point their tank gun at red tanks and click the LMB occasionally can. I am not sure most of the 'players' are even sentient any more.

"Correct, the numbers are just data. The information they provide is that you are terrible at this game."

Come on, was that so hard? :smugdog:

So, what exactly happened with this merger? What was going on with BADGR, and how did you choose the guys to kick from PBKAC to make room? I hear that quite a few players were annoyed when they were dumped with no warning.

I sent out invites to some of the kicked goons.