Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Wait theres a mod that puts arty tracers back in view for tanks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
wait.

Did you, Hellsau, just call the Churchill GC a "pretty decent tier 5"?

Its such a bad tank. I don't have the time to write out fully why its so bad, but just know that everyone should never ever attempt driving a churchill GC.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Oh I know what tier the cgc is. It would still be poo poo.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Subyng posted:

Hating the Valentine?

Reverse sidescraping works pretty well!

....Do you even need to? Isn't the Valentine's turret in the center?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. Driving the loving Conqueror is a goddamn chore.

Just goes to show that the E-75 is by far the best T9.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

This. It can't take a hit like an e-75, but that gun handling is amazing. It still look a bit, but the turret seems to be as bouncy as an american turret. So the goal is to keep moving and only show your turret. The hull is nothing to write home about though.

But the turret is not dependable. I've gotten penned through the turret many times. The drat thing is also huge.

Its great at support, but you can't really affect outcomes like the E75 can. Can't push in it, and melts under any sort of sustained fire.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Computer viking posted:

And in bad decision news, I just bought a FV4202 as my first T10.

:catstare:

You're gonna have a bad time.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Cippalippus posted:

If you can play the E100 properly you can shoot gold all the time and still make a profit, or break even if you bounce or miss a couple of shots.

Only if you win the match.

There should be a comedy variant of the E-100 that just has dual 128's. It would be loving hilarious to play.

Saint Celestine fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 2, 2015

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
E-75 is quite literally the best Tier 9. I would even pick it over a few T10s.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1489639#windstorm-camador-e_75

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Riller are you any good still? If so, you should join [G] with donks and I.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Why weren't you firing gold? More importantly, why didn't you claim to be firing 100% gold?

Fire gold everyday.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey guys I know I don't post here often but this exploit is too good to not share so bear with me while I tell you how to get back at wargaming...

You know that you can buy multiple tokens of the same nation right ?
That means you can get multiple WZ-111's !
That means you can make an insane ammount of credits by buying tokens and then selling the tanks for mad profit.

Do it fast before they fix that mad exploit I made millions in a matter of hours.

Wait how does this work? You can have multiple WZ-s in your garage and then just selling them for credits?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Do you want to win? Probably. If you don't care about winning, you can sit on the red-line and snipe. You'll get above average damage-per-match, and will lose a lot of games simply due to the enemy team not running into your gun one at a time. Also it's not fun and should be shamed when identified.

e: I should note that CHAI members frequently do this kind of shitheaded damage farming, earning that particular moniker.

Should add: Don't do this.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Weren't you in CHAI? Was it publicly encouraged to do poo poo like that, or did it just so happen that a bunch of CHAI snipers happened to join CHAI and give them the reputation?

Addendum: CHAI sniping will give you pretty decent but not insane WN8 values. You won't be getting 4k average WN8 simply due to in some matches your team carries your worthless rear end and you get nothing. Usually you'll get 2k-2.8k, and have a winrate that is well under expectations. 2400 wn8 and a 55% winrate, camping the northeast redline on Ruinberg? Yeah that's kind of expected.

I was in CHAI because Carbon sent me an invite on the forums, and I wasn't even playing at the time. Once I started playing, I left.

I dont know if it was publicly encouraged, but the majority of people in CHAI suck at the game bar red-line sniping.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

The E-100 costs too many credits to use, even with premium, that's why the E4 is the poor mans E-100

I make money in my E100 firing 100% Gold.

Steps to achieve this:

1. Maintain 85% hit rate
2. Win

Saint Celestine fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 14, 2015

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

xthetenth posted:

So you're saying click red tanks. Gotcha.

No, I'm saying be really really good at clicking red tanks.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

You mean 85% damage rate, not hit rate, HEAT shells have a tendency to vanish into spaced armour and tracks despite best efforts, plus occasional bounces.

Don't fire HEAT into spaced armor and tracks then? Regardless, As long as 85% of your shells are doing damage, you should make enough with a victory to make a bit of credits.

Also, E100 fights, if the other E100 is firing heat, just full on turn your side to it battleship mode and angle your turret. It makes no sense, but it confuses the poo poo out of people when they see easy side shots and your spaced armor absorbs it.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

So you're saying skip the shot in order to reload AP? Because that's not a quick reload time

No? Just hold your shot. You don't HAVE to fire if you know that what you're currently aiming at is going to for sure bounce/not pen.

Wait till your opponent makes a mistake or shoot at something else.

Hypothetically, if you turn the corner and see an IS-7 hull down, it'd be stupid to waste ammo firing at poo poo you know you cant damage, so why bother. Go somewhere else.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Well that's totally absurd, what if it's either shoot HEAT at the side of an IS-3/7 or lose your artillery to it and potentially the game? That's ok, I'm holding my shot waiting for a better opportunity.

So fire your shot, have it bounce, and then lose the game/arty regardless.

Or, hold your shot, try to either reposition to get a better angle, or to aim at a weakspot.

Sounds like you've already lost in the situation you first described.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Welcome to pub games, how long has it been since you played one?

Yesterday? What's your point? You can't win every game. Just try to swing the odds in your favor as much as possible by platooning, aiming, etc.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Which doesn't remotely change the fact that shooting all gold from an E-100 is too expensive to pub in frequently. Doesn't matter where you go or what you do, teams suck, packet loss sends shells into the distance, shells inexplicably bounce on things they overmatch, damage vanishes into subsystems. You're either winning at a credit loss, or throwing matches because you hold off waiting too long for the perfect shot.

Holy poo poo, I'm not sitting there just holding my shot the entire game. The E100 is not even the worst at this.

If you really want to see winning matches at a credit loss, play an STB.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Descar posted:

how can you lose credits with STB, doesnt it have APCR as standard ammo?

You need to be firing HEAT at a lot of targets. The Standard APCR won't go through poo poo like E100 turret faces, IS7 fronts, 113 plates, E5 Cupolas, etc.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

If you don't have a shot in a E100 and then load HE, duh.

Sela does this.

Don't do this.

Its the loving worst idea ever.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

DonkeyHotay posted:

The one time I played with sela while he was playing an e-100 running he i decided to oneup him and do the same in a jpe.

I did 4k damage even though it would have been more like 9k shooting ap or heat

Exactly.

The games where Sela plays an HE-E100, and does like 5k damage, its because Sela is already an extremely good player, and if he was using AP/HEAT, its likely he would have done even more damage.

Its not easily repeatable by most everyone.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

It's official, like we expected any different, the 4202 is a straight swap for the Action X Centurion with no freebie

Not that you'd want it with stats like that

Are you kidding?

-10 depression, if the turret is at all bouncy, Itll be great.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

WayAbvPar posted:

Instead of getting rid of pref-mm tanks, they just need to bring tier 12 battles back. Let all the cholera-poo poo red pubbies who failed their way into tier 10s drive around not shooting each other in tier 12 matches and give the poor bastards grinding normal 8s a break.

So with the news of the WTF getting replaced, I have now ground for the following tanks only to get them severely nerfed or removed before I ever used them-

WTF 100
Foch
Foch 155
FV215b 183

I suffered through some loving terrible tanks to unlock these fuckers :negative:

The waffle was loving hilarious to play though when it first came out. Just a goddamn laser cannon that would annihilate all before it.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

The Object 260 is actually a honey trap, the missions for it are impossible and anybody who is triced into unlocking one will have their account knocked off for hacking or collusion

Or. Or maybe they just made it really really hard so that not every pubbie can get one.

I just recently pulled off what would have been heavy mission 15, for 16k combined damage done and absorbed, in my E100.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

LostCosmonaut posted:

Tried this, ended up with some pubbie saying that the Yamato wasn't sunk by US aircraft, but actually scuttled in port to prevent capture. :psyduck:

What?

It was nowhere near a port.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

All in all tho, if air power was taken out of the picture, Germany's navy could have inflicted a lot of damage to the Royal Navy.

All in all, if air power was removed, Japan would have done a number on the US navy's WW1 era battlewagons before the Iowas and Montana's came into play.

I can imagine the pants-making GBS threads terror of the captain of a WW1 era battleship as the Yamato or Musashi slowly came into view over the horizon.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't for the rudder, wouldn't Bismarck have been able to make it to Brest?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Even if it had got to Brest it would have been stuck there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Dash :colbert:

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

poo poo, I wasn't even aware that the germans had a concept for a carrier, no matter how lovely it was.

The concept for a carrier is really quite simple though, at least in the late 30s. It was just a flight deck on any ol' hull you could get your hands on.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
WTFE-100 is the easiest tank to do the TD missions in.

Racked up almost all of them with honours on one or two tries

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Thats a prototype S tank right?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Nice. my favorite crazy project is the one that had elevated anti-tank missiles.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

There might be an E-25 nerf coming after the discrepancy was pointed out

The leading candidate to replace the W-100 seems to be a rhoomba/wpz4 style turret jammed onto a Panther hull with a non-autoloading long 150mm gun, but still haven't had serious discussions about it yet.

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

Wait so, its going to be on a smaller, more mobile chassis, with a presumably super accurate 150mm high velocity gun?

This sounds... more broken then the waffle.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

Tank history question: Does anyone have any quotes of a WWII German general, or even a tank commander, saying the Panther is a good tank and they are glad to have it over the PzIV?

Hasso von Manteuffel, commander of the 7th Panzer Division, was interviewed by Basil Liddell Hart after the war for his book The Other Side of the Hill (1948).

"Tanks must be fast. That, I would say, is the most important lesson of the war in regard to tank design. The Panther was on the right lines, as a prototype." "...Fire-power, armour protection, speed and cross-country performance are the essentials, and the best type of tank is that which combines these conflicting requirements with most success. In my opinion the German Panzer V, the 'Panther', was the most satisfactory of all, and would have been dose to the ideal had it been possible to design with a lower silhouette."

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

maev posted:

Considering selling my over-used E75 for the IS-8, mostly to make use of my 4 skill is-6 crew and I've moved all my old E-75 crew to the E-100. Can the IS-8 perform well or dominate in the tier 9 game?

Don't do this. The IS8 is poo poo compared to the E75.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Fun. We picked up all the relic shitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE

This pretty much describes the tournament tonight.

...You're going to have to explain this.