Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

this thread title is russian bias and i wont stand for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also someone posted recommended modpacks in the last thread that weren't McGavin's (sorry mcgavin but im not a huge fan of yours!!) but I can't find them so I'd think real highly of anyone who relinked them!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

OMC modpack is the big one right now and some people use Aslain's

Cool thanks, OMC was the one I couldn't remember.

Also one good thing about not having the motivation to grind out a WZ-111 is that I can buy tokens for the gold and not accidentally have them turn into an internet tank.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

for christmas this year i treated myself by not playing this game at all

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WayAbvPar posted:

I did it, guys. I peeked behind the pubbie curtain and I am not sure I will ever be the same.

Tier 8 game in my IS-2. My team full of retards sends 1 tank to the west side of Erlenberg, so I hold back and try to cover him as best I can. I get a few shots off and get run over by 4 or 5 tier 8s. Meanwhile our 43% Super Pershing is running his dickhole about how bad I am for dying early. He goes from the mid map and backs literally to the K line and dies last. And of course, he did zero damage. So I had to compliment him on his skills. Below is our full chat. I am still in awe.

Full transcript here-
http://www.pastebin.ca/2898837

wait who am i supposed to be laughing at here

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

now people in this thread are getting pissed when they win lmao

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i DIED in a tank match, what in the absolute gently caress guy!! WHAT THE ABSOLUTE poo poo!! reported....... for assholery........

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i had a brief moment where i considered reinstalling this game but rational thought quickly won out, but i felt i should let the rest of you know that not playing this game is some Real Good poo poo and i highly recommend it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

I have been unable to move past "Set fire to a tank a tier higher than you" since February. But I am not bitter. :suicide:

hi i havent played this game in ages and i was only reading this thread by pure chance but i highly recommend the e8 for all your engine fire needs, just shoot at the rear quarter of tigers, t29s, kv-3s, and more

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I found this to be true in the British churchills as well. Trindle everywhere auto aiming like a boss.

just dont make the grave mistake of putting the vickers on it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

sometimes tanks objectively perform well but are unfun to play

ex: black prince

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Haquer posted:

:psyduck:

E: and right after that he said "felt like a coffee"

he's got the right idea when playing this game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Southern Dandy posted:

Like this is the most hosed up viewpoint in the game, and so very terribly pubby. There's only arty on the other side, and never on ours.

Always play the victim.

hmm it seems this is actually the most "pubby" post

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[guy who melted down because people made fun of a country singer]: huh these forums have really gone down hill recently

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

leftover from the "setting things on fire" missions, I don't really use them but haven't gotten around to upgrading mods lately

but why not just play tier 6 until you see a kv-1 or kv-1s or kv-3, there is no need for such skins!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

against my better judgment i installed this game again, looks like the 12 step program didnt work, anyways have a picture

this is a pretty cool team. i liked this team.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I remember when the T32 was considered bad, then good, then bad again, then good again

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The maus was good when it could fight tier 3s

unless it was the last tank remaining and other tanks would just swarm it and lock it in place and it couldnt aim down enough to kill them while someone else capped the base

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hi I'm the beta test leopard, you can't hit me because I'm teleporting all over the place, like goku from dbz

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

anyone remember what it was like to play the s-51 at release? i do :getin:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

imagine this: a stock a-20 with 25% crew

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

drat, the amx cdc was not a good tank to impulse buy after not playing this game forever. all the maps are changed and my playstyle when i quit was bullying people with armor or dpm and neither of these things are good for playing that tank!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CompeAnansi posted:

It's a great tank, but it has no armor so you can't get shot. Play some heavies for a while and then come back to it.

playing heavies is what got me into these bad habits to begin with!

i'm slowly getting a handle on it and the playstyle in general, just had a really rough start

e: also what's the best artillery for doing personal missions with

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 1, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SARSfest posted:

VK 30.02 M is loving hot garbage and literally can't do anything right. Can I expect a repeat experience in the Panther 1/2?

i loving hate you. i hope you die. the 3002m is a good tank that tries its best and i wont have rear end holes like you calling it mean names!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

The 30.02M isn't actually bad, it's just completely overshadowed by the other T6 mediums. The Easy Eight has even better gun handling and depression plus sicknasty DPM, the Cromwell is super fast and the T-34-85 is a better generalist. The 3002M is just kinda bumbling and fat and doesn't readily lend itself to the kind of hypercarry games the others are capable of. I sold it (kept the other three, although in their premium incarnations).

the 3002M has really good penetration and accuracy on a mobile platform and is better at putting shots on target at any sort of range beyond "close". the e8's gun handling is only better until you get to a range where the m1a2 accuracy starts really hurting, and the cromwell's gun handling can charitably be described as subpar. the t-34-85 is overpowered anyways

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

2.6k spotting damage, 4.7k actual damage, and my e-50 only got a 1st class medal

what the gently caress are people managing to pull off in this tank :psyduck:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

finally finished the shitbox that is the 3002db, time to buy the indienpanzer, throw on some springs and the long 88, and get this lovely stock tank grind out of the way

oh well okay i guess

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

it's a worse comet

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Prav posted:

I wish the Comet got 220 alpha.

if you're using the 88mm its a worse everything

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

im betting you paid off wargaming, you fucker. "make this tank good, but only for me" - you, to serb, probably

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

primelaw posted:

Lol if you think the Indien Panzer is gonna fun. That gun has some horrid handling. I sold mine about a year and half ago since I needed credits, but I'm just gonna grind for the Leopard PTA through the RU 251 instead.

i got through the panther ii already, this gun handling's gonna be a dream

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

xthetenth posted:

The 3002 D is a great tank with a very expensive silver shell and no gold shell.

i should clarify that most of my 3002db grind was done without premium so running a full gold 88mm wasn't an option

also lol if you dont get ace on a loss

(ive gotten three aces on a loss in the last two days :( )

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

I'm thinking of doing the next on track. How is the t32?

how much do you like bouncing jpze-100 shots on your turret mantlet

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Agrajag posted:

cool a nazi weaboo

to be fair, knispel is the least nazi german name to pick

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RanKizama posted:

I upload these shots to the WoT forums sometimes and it's just a precautionary measure against their name-n-shame rule. I did upload the unaltered version of the first pic though.

the wot forums you say

i think this unfounded comet hatred is all the evidence we need to conclude you're a terrible person

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

why did people hate dragon's ridge anyways

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[ask] me about bouncing two fv4005 shots in my is-3

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the same sort of bads who don't like comets, probably

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

since i'm laying down sick truths in this thread, the tiger is and was always better than the is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

I really don't understand the amerigoon hardon for the Comet. It's a thoroughly mediocre tank that in many ways is worse than the Cromwell. It has a lower top speed, lower HP/ton ratio and higher ground resistance so it's a lot more sluggish. What you gain in exchange is seventy-five (75) more DPM, a turret that very occasionally may bounce a thing, a few degrees of gun depression and gun handling that isn't the garbage the Cromwell has (still not super impressive, though). It plays sort of like the Easy Eight except one tier higher, which kinda sounds cool but it really isn't.

All of the T7 mediums I've played so far have been pretty unimpressive (except the T20, which was pretty cool albeit hampered by its abysmal DPM) and the Comet really doesn't stand out in any way at all. I elited it, sold it and didn't buy the Centurion.

Meanwhile I have a >70% win rate in the Cromwell B.

agreed, the pershing is also in many ways worse than the t20