Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rockopete posted:

No KV-5, clearly a terrible list :colbert:

Just an FYI for anyone who hasn't been obsessively keeping up on WoT news, the E-25 is no longer available to buy in-game and will be gone from the online store sometime in January. After that you won't be able to buy it at all except through special sales which may not even happen given how OP it is, if the fate of the Type 59 is any guide.

It's also included in the premium shop sale that's on right now, so you can get it for like $22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I love my church 3 because it makes poo poo loads of cash and can easily pen anything it sees. Will the E-25 be similar?

I don't actually own one yet but def will get it before it disappears.

Speaking of the Church 3

First battle in it and goddamn I am already in love.

e:

queeb posted:

someone refer me, I just reinstalled and havent played in like a year. jaredfromsubway@gmail.com is my account email.

I got you.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 24, 2014

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This New Years x5 thing is great. Lots of poo poo players that make for easy pickings.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between the KV-220 and the Churchill III, I prefer the Church. The KV is certainly fun because it's super bouncy, but its gun just doesn't have enough pen even with gold to take on teir 6 heavies. Basically, the Church can carry while the KV really can't.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should have said that yes yes yes, the KV-220 is absolutely worth it regardless of how good it is compared to the Church 3.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How good is the WZ-111? By the time the missions are over I'll probably have 3 of them completed. Is the tank worth buying tokens for the other 4?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

These missions are going to make you all frustrated as hell if you actively try to do them. I'm just going to activate them all and let them slowly tick away as I play normally.
One of my current missions is to set a tank on fire. Yeah, brb, let me just go and do that.

Axetrain posted:

Cromwell rocks. I'll open a can of worms here but whats the Comet like, if it's more of the same i'll be happy.
The Comet was one of my least favorite grinds above tier 4. It's fantastically mediocre in every way except maybe gun depression. But the Cents own so it's definitely worth it. Keep your Cromwell to blow off steam from Comet losses imo.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 15, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

maev posted:

I just got the T-34-85M today, love it :allears:

Yeah.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=81890

e: What do I love about it? The armor is very bouncy with few obvious weak spots, its gun is perfectly fine if you shoot gold, and it's very nimble despite being slow. This makes it a great brawler if you know how to handle it. Also, it turns turns a huge profit win or lose and is a great crew trainer that supports my my Russian medium addiction.

Here, have my other ace replay

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=81896

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 16, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having never played any arty beyond the Sexton II, these SPG individual missions are particularly excruciating. I've got the Birch Gun and the tier 4 American SPG, what's the fastest route to one that can do 1000 damage in a battle without a huge dose of luck?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

Tier 4 french arti with APCR.

223 pen :eyepop: Thanks for the tip.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

coyo7e posted:

So I have been playing this on the Xbox 360 console and I know it's nerfed to poo poo and retarded but I was trying to talk a new roommate into installing this on his monster water-cooled box, and was wondering if there's a post or anything I should point him to with a list of mods etc he should get set up ahead of time, while he watches me play the lovely version on my poorbox.

Here's a cool mod pack: http://www.soloviyko.com/

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The gold from the extra WZ-111 tokens finally popped into my count sometime this morning. If any of you haven't received it yet, I suggest opening a ticket with support.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, so Winter Showdown tanks is great right guys?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a cao circle because Wargaming likes to troll its players :shrug:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CitizenKain posted:

It would have been nice if these winter mission tanks were premium so I could cycle crew through them easier.

Agreed, that would be very nice. But actually, having a poo poo/non-trained crew in the 8bit tanks isn't that big of a handicap. The mission requirements are laughably easy if you know what you're doing.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there any reason to keep those free premium lights I've accumulated?

They're all pretty garbage. I sold all mine for the slots and the credits. Keep them for bragging rights and/or in the hope of a massive buff to make them fun to play.

e: Most missions are tier 4 and up. The free lights don't count.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 27, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 100mm LB-1 carries over to the T-54, so you'll have to grind through it anyway. Don't bother unlocking the 122mm gun unless you, like me, insist on eliting every tank you play.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

19 points of damage in a Rhoomba because he braked going downhill. Fortunately for everyone else out there, he turned blue and froze after putting three shells into my rear end.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brilliant. I will report back with the end result.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, some WG moderator edited out the "abusive content" in the PM that rear end in a top hat sent me. I hope and pray to the tank gods that he got slapped with a few warning points and is on his way to a forum ban.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's number 14?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes pubbies are against you, and sometimes they're for you.

The enemy team won an entire side through stupidity on my team, and then let me solo cap while they tangled with the last few stragglers. I think they tried to capture our base for about 30 seconds and then said "gently caress it, we're gonna try to murder everyone instead of winning."

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The accuracy change is a big improvement not only for derps as mentioned above, but for snipers too. There will be far fewer situations where 80% of your aim circle is on an exposed enemy flank 400m away and the RNG decides your shot is going to fly off towards the edge instead of the center. I suspect this will at least partially make up for the TD viewrange nerfs.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Scout: the one medal you get by being an idiot shitfuck and contributing nothing of value to the team.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes and it's very very awesome.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The T-54 does well even with a conservative playstyle. Load HEAT and snipe everyone while hiding across the map in a bush. Then troll everyone who whines.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How badly did the Walker Bulldog get screwed by the reload nerf? Still best tier 7 light tank?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DonkeyHotay posted:

did the patch change snapshotting?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

maev posted:

I got two ammo rack snapshots yesterday in my T-34-85m. In the same game.

That tank sure is magic, ain't it? :allears:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nice, a free American heavy at the start of my grind from the T29 to the E5. You know guys, WG just might be an okay company after all.

Heh who am i kidding

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
These new HD models look fantastic compared to some of the stuff WG has put out in the past. Hope they look this good in game.

IS-4

ELC AMX

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha holy poo poo I was in that battle, I remember the T-34-3 you nuked at the beginning saying he was going to stop playing for the day.

(I'm the 13 75 that crosses your view right at the start.)

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MoraleHazard posted:

Is the Comet the "good player" tank? Agrajag got over 2400 in damage and 4 kills and only got 2nd class mastery.

No, the Comet sucks. Its just hard to get masteries when you lose, though getting Steel Wall helped. He might have gotten ace instead of 2nd class if he had won.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's an M60A1

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
10,000 battles and I haven't ever owned a KV-2 until today.

:hellyeah:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Mute posted:

KV-2 tier VI game, I one-shot two KV-2s (which was really, really funny) and murder three other tanks (including an M6) for a total of 2500 dmg - so I guess that means my team has to make up for this and kill nobody so we could still lose. Tsssss.

wot.txt

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So tomorrow will be jammed packed with the premium Japanese tanks. So whats the best tank to go and shoot pubbies ? KV-1S with the 120mm? M4 with the derp? Pz4 with the derp?

Wolverine with derp fires 2-3 seconds faster than the M4 and has better camo without losing the turret :yotj:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a similar vein, how is the A-43 to Obj. 430 line? I've been wanting to feed my Soviet medium addiction with it but I'm apprehensive about the rear-mounted turrets and awful gun depression. Also I've heard that the 430 is trash compared to the other tier 10 mediums, is this true?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel pretty good about this battle. Made a joke about carrying the team when we were clearly headed for a loss...then proceeded to carry the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is that the one that looks like a town built inside a rock quarry? If so, it really is some bullshit.