Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

subhelios posted:

Finally unlocked my first T10 tank! The only downside is it's a T110E4, So I doubt I'm going to buy it.
It only took me two years to get to this point. :smith:

noooooo, this was my mistake. people need to not do this. e3 or e5 are good but not e4 to start. :negative:

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

^^^ What's the magic pen number for shooting E4s in the turret? I've not that that much luck shooting them there.

Around 150-200. :magical:
just google it. http://wotguru.com/weak-spot-guide-t110e4/

Your problem is not knowing where to shoot.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Anyone else going to give the personal missions a try?

I may eventually come back for a few games here and there because of this. Eventually.

Also, I have to agree with Camador - if you just give up because of a match going to poo poo you are giving up the match yourself. I really am going to have to re-learn with cam or hellsau or something so I can not start as a tomato.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone have a working hedge trimmer link that's current? I remember not having one bothering the gently caress out me.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

Hey, so how is baby Barack/Michelle? :jewish:

Little miss bagelstein is doing quite well :P I still get sleep, so it's a plus.

Checking PGS thread again.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah -if she doesn't call it internet tanks like my wife used to also call eve internet spaceships guess what?

Someone is definitely on track to being single. :v: No worries meso, plenty of fish nazis in the sea/on SEA.

Gaming negotiations with SOs who don't like em or don't play what you do need to be well agreed upon or you are not going to be having fun,for sure.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

You're on Something Awful bro.

I think what I'm getting out of this is that Parsnip is a Tomato when it comes to relationships?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The game is 1000% less frustrating if you turn off win percentage/wn8 and turn off chat when you're not trolling. Playing tanks as a single player game with an interesting but really goofy AI solves a whole lot of frustration problems.

gently caress no. :getout:.

This is called being wildly retarded/gassing yourself with xyklon b, not a guideline to having fun. I'm not referring to chat being off, specifically about not using xvm.

Also, AI is a hell of a lot smarter than the average pubbie just based on consistency. Even a bot at 41% isn't necessarily going to shoot it's teammates.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

srb posted:

Hellsau, didn't you hear? The 85b is getting nerfed to 330.

When? Next patch?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
How long is it from invite code entry -> download for the botes client?

I get access denied even though I got the welcome email.

edit: yay ship spergin.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 24, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

WitchFetish posted:

Guys, I have nothing against boats, but could you like maybe make a thread? Otherwise I swear to god, I'm going to install WoWP and just constantly post about it in the tank thread, even if it's garbage.

There's a button at the top of the forums you click. It says "clicking here will make all your dreams come true!" on some versions, and others it says "Log Out".

:getout:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

Snapshot works on things with no turrets? Isn't it for 'during turret rotation' but yeah that's WG.

Snapshot is basically a vstab, so yes it works without a turret. The reduction from when moving a turret (as opposed to the gun) isn't exactly that important overall because you shouldn't be snap shotting while turning the turret in most instances.

So in summary: snap shot skill, which isn't designed for what it is described as.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

McGavin posted:

FV304 and SU-85 are the best non-premium tanks for making money. They have the highest net income per game as shown here.

This is a general statistic, which also basically defines which tanks people can do the best in/easiest.

Other people may have a very, very different set of tanks which are profitable. My gold tanks such as the free excelsior make a lot more money on average for me (see 20k/battle net on average).

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
End of match:

So it's totally a loss, RUS guy is still alive. Manages to get the enemy to shoot their teammate and then a 1390 ram-suicides himself into an e100. Hilarious ending. Someone please gif the 1390 suicide.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 15, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
You are taking this too literally. They're saying that when you spot you have to let some other shitter publord do the damage.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
How do you even have a bot that bad? I thought bots that AFK through matches tend to have higher winrates than that, like in the 40s?

Edit: it must be autismspeaks' alt account :v:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

primelaw posted:

I second this. I used to use MSI Afterburner but shadowplay is so much more convenient. Afterburner does have more options in terms of recording though.

AMD cards basically do an AMD version of Shadow play through their gaming evolved app.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Have you shot at one lately? The upper front plate bounces more than just the odd 175 pen shell like it used to, it will bounce an L7 shot no trouble at all with a touch of angling, the behaviour definitely changed significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason no buff was recorded for it is because it was an accident their legendary QA never picked up.

That buff was recorded previously, they did mention it in 9.4 or 9.3, if I recall correctly. edit: 9.2 . http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/06/vk4502-ausf-b-buff-in-9-2/ edit: also http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/43096-my-opinion-about-the-vk-4502p-buff-in-92/#topmost

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

Got it. I have the 105mm, 2 seconds is very meaningful, that should get me to under 10 seconds reload. I didn't think view range was as important in a heavy tank, but maybe that's ignorant. Turret it is. Turret > engine > radio now.

Tanks is a slow game. 2 seconds is nothing unless you are suiscouting which you shouldn't be.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Valle posted:

Going all Atomizer!

Running the same resolution on both?

Tanks is heavily, heavily CPU dependent. An upgrade to your CPU will do substantially more than a graphics card update will.

I had an R9 290 with an i7 920...barely hit mid 40fps most of the time. Then I got an i5 4690? Now I'm looking at 60fps all of the time, period, at the same resolution.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Valle posted:

This is true, but I'm pretty sure that if his desktop runs at 1920x1080 and his laptop is 1366x768 then having half the pixels to create miiiight just help out a bit. If they're both 1920x1080 though then that goes out the window.

Your basis is gpu load, so no. This isn't complicated.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I remember; the LGBTQ-friendly guy then got butthurt because assassinated called his clan like 90% Nazis in a match, it was quite the headache for me. :rolleyes:

Hahahah. I do remember. Wasn't that FurHQ that I called nazis? It went amazingly well as a troll.

Also my invite lapsed, reinvite me!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Userbase varies wildly based on region. Wargaming doesn't do anything to prevent bots so keep that in mind (reduce active player count).

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I thought I heard 30b was going to be absurd?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
You won't outspot in a Caern considering camo,Ross.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

rossmum posted:

Also I've read reports from RTR tankies in Korea about loaders sustaining a rate of fire of a round every two to three seconds until they were passing out from the fumes, even with all hatches open and the driver standing on the back of the tank passing shells in through the escape hatch :britain:
Wouldn't the gun barrel overheat/warp/melt from that?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Fisherman's bay platoon carry. All 1390s. Anyone who says "You shouldn't play all lights" should probably learn to play. I ran out of silver :(

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 31, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rothmog posted:

If you aren't "out of silver" when loading into the game in a 1390, you are doing it wrong.

Huh, do you have difficulty aiming tanks or something? Why load all acpr and ruin any profits?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

Even if you aim, the 13 90 isn't accurate enough to reliably hit weak points unless you're really close to your target. If you're really close to your target, you should probably be moving or you're going to get gibbed. If you're moving, you can't aim for weak points.

170 pen works okay on the 13 90, but the tank is so much better shooting APCR. Especially in the tier 10 games that it will routinely see.

Scout tanks aren't supposed to be in people's faces. A majority of my shots are sniping like a td when opportunity presented itself. Yet 70%+ accuracy isn't hard.

In a scout you don't aim or brawl, you autoaim and run circles.

I guess I don't play anywhere near like you do?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

The problem isn't being unable to hit things when sniping in a 13 90, it's being unable to pen things. With 0.38 dispersion and only 170 pen, you're going to have a hard time penning a lot of your possible targets. You don't have the accuracy to reliably hit weak points at a distance. And when you are circling someone, 170 pen can still lead to bounces. Since your clip reload is so long, bouncing one or two shots when you're circling someone can be the difference between surviving the encounter and dying.

With APCR, you have 248 pen, so none of this matters. If you hit a target, you're probably going to pen it unless it's the strong point on the tank (top frontal plate, mantlet, frontal turret). It just opens up so many more opportunities to deal damage for the 13 90.

Like I said, with some tanks, gold rounds aren't really that much better than silver rounds. But some tanks get insanely good gold, and the 13 90 is one of them. 248 APCR is really, really good.

Use gold whenever feels right, all the time is an option of course. I'm not denying good ACPR on the 1390. Something is wrong if you can't make 170 pen work against anything other than tanks with >170mm sides, though. Those are when gold is a must. You have a genuine playstyle problem if you can't figure out how to aim for weak spots or position to shoot the side of tanks.

I guess I'm used to low pen, playing e25/t71/t69 and doing well in them?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

That being said, I don't think any tank goon should be allowed within earshot of the developmentally disordered.

I think this makes my daughter a legitimate goon. When she tries to talk (and sounds like rubber scraping against a dry windshield, vocal cords are a new thing) I find my autistic nephew covers his ears immediately and struggle not to laugh.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

You apparently read those three words in the wrong order.

I thought you and Dandy were going to do a little fisting?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Don't even wait for a reason to shoot pubs. If they get in your way mid match get them out of your way.

I had a great match in my e4 doing around 5k while a tier 8 kept blocking my shots going where I went repeatedly in an is3. Shot the gently caress way too late.

Always shoot pubbie blockers.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I present to you, pubbie exhibit a - Yes, it continued desuwa.

pre:
Kelmain (8:28:26 PM) nice fail and you say I don't know how to play
assassinated (8:29:07 PM) I was being extremely accurate
assassinated (8:29:15 PM) you don't know how to play across an average of all the games you play
Kelmain (8:36:35 PM) then there must be alot of bad players because my ranking in WOT is not bad with 10 different tanks with marks of excellence
Kelmain (8:38:12 PM) your account looks like a reroll with the 100% win rate then stop playing that tank lol so sad
Kelmain (8:38:23 PM) play for fun
assassinated (8:38:25 PM) reroll?
assassinated (8:38:29 PM) if I was reroll I'd be 67% winrate
assassinated (8:38:32 PM) which is what I play right now
assassinated (8:38:38 PM) you are so dumb you don't even know what a reroll is
assassinated (8:38:44 PM) marks of excellence don't mean "good playing"
assassinated (8:38:47 PM) it means "I play a tank a lot"
Kelmain (8:39:11 PM) marks means you put out dps per game played
Kelmain (8:40:49 PM) lol you just pad your stats look at your SU-100Y one game played 100 and you stop
Kelmain (8:41:14 PM) play it right now and I will bow my head to you
assassinated (8:45:37 PM) I barely play it, athat's all
assassinated (8:45:44 PM) I bought it just to get more gold back when the mission ends
assassinated (8:45:50 PM) do you not know how math works?
Kelmain (8:50:19 PM) you played it once
Kelmain (8:50:25 PM) only once lol
Kelmain (8:51:15 PM) just play for fun and stop calling me and others idiots for a free on line game
Kelmain (8:51:28 PM) later
assassinated (8:52:37 PM) you are an idiot
assassinated (8:52:41 PM) if you are terrible at something and keep tryinga
assassinated (8:52:43 PM) nd don't improve
Kelmain (8:55:56 PM) guess my clan sucks cause I am third highest in rating
assassinated (9:03:32 PM) yes, it does
assassinated (9:03:41 PM) you are a terrible person who should not play this game
Kelmain: 23k matches, 49%. Also "Check out my marks of excellence!" 2 *thousand* matches in a hellcat, 53% winrate. 700 in a roomba, 48% winrate.

:cripes:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Who the hell is GarlicFries again? All I can see is he is trolling pubbies successfully, which can never go badly.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

I appreciate that :unsmith:.

When my girlfriend is not yelling at me to stop playing tanks we should do M53 platoons and piss off the unwashed pubbie masses.

Edit: While drinking heavily.

I generally stop playing this game for months at a time for reasons of wife and also sanity, but I could see myself ending that retirement on occasion just to make that triple M53 platoons.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Do we still have goon tank guilds. Considering coming back to platoon after all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

It was my understanding that the GC controllers connected to the Switch via an adapter are only compatible with Smash Bros.

Hey, look who's back! :) And yup, PANSY is still around!

Well there's a name I immediately recognize. lol. Sent you a message already

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 3, 2021