Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Did they announce sales for Christmas? Due to sucking a ton of dicks winning the campaign I have enough gold now to buy a premium T8. Was thinking the FCM due to it being able to make credits.

I already got a T34, so the FCM seems like the logical choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bob A Feet posted:

It can print damage pretty well, its gun is solid, but everyone knows you're a big soft barn of a target. Other than that I've really enjoyed mine. It does pretty well on money, too. Not as well as the T34 for me but still good. I would however only run it in pref platoons. It rolls really well with KV-5's and IS-6's.

That's what I figured. It moves quick and it does have a nice gun. FCM will be my platoon tank :-).

Just hope they put it on sale...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just found a video of a guy doing 8.7k damage in the 907:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1yOPDivAuw

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So first game ever in my FCM, I think I made the right choice.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1455208#highway-mesadoram-fcm_50_t

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love games like this, they remind me why I love the T34 so much.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1457209#northwest-mesadoram-t34

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

quote:

- in 9.6, old light tanks will very likely be rebalanced (buffed), specifically their firepower apparently (SS: it’s not clear, but I think they mean accuracy on the move)

Everything is coming up Little Leo :getin:

quote:

- FV4202, FV215b switch is still planned – to Centurion Action X and Chieftain, they wanted to do it earlier, but much time was lost in communication with museums, much more than was planned (current ETA is first half of 2015)

I really hope the Chieftain comes out good. I love the 215b, and would hate it if it gets a lovely replacement.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 26, 2014

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stupid question, why does the bush in this video sort of disappear as he zooms in?

http://youtu.be/yu4M4DJrnTs?t=33m23s

Is it because he has some graphic setting jacked up all the way? Because I have all of mine down low and what happens to the bush in this video does not.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

demonR6 posted:

One of the modpacks has a setting where you can tweak that. There is also one of the Tundra mods that only removes the leaves and bushes when you zoom into sniper mode which is p.cool.

I thought they said that anything that removes foliage is considered an illegal mod...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

Ugh. Driving the loving Conqueror is a goddamn chore.

Just goes to show that the E-75 is by far the best T9.

I do love the Conq, but you are right. It is a bizarre tank with a really Really fantastic gun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Illegal Carrot posted:

I'm like 90% sure it's just an in-game graphical setting. When the camera is far away from some foliage, it'll looks low-res, blocky, and hard to see past. But as the camera gets closer (you drive closer, or zoom in), it renders the foliage in much greater detail, allowing you to see past individual leaves and branches like in the video. I play at max graphical settings and that's exactly how it is for me, thought I have no idea exactly which setting(s) may affect it. Unfortunately I'm out of town for a few days, so I can't test it out or give you a better answer than that.

I play at the lowest setting for foliage and what happens in this video does not happen for me. When I actually get home I will do some testing. I don't think improved foliage will kill my FPS too much anyway.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So after a two week break I decided to take out my FCM for it's 3rd game. Needless to say, I really Really like this thing.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1494318#arctic_region-mesadoram-fcm_50_t

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
OTTER is rolling forth a new initiative to be a more "friendly" clan. I had a feeling this was coming after we decimated won the 3rd campaign.

It is weird that I kind of agree with this initiative. I do love being a dick to terrible pubbies, but it feels like this game is dying faster than it seems.

What do you guys think? Should it be the better clans duty to guide the garbage through the trash heap?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Valle posted:

Saint Celestine is Camador. :v:

:holymoley:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

What are you referring to? OTTER clan members being "friendly" to pubbies in random battles, or not making GBS threads on pubbie clans in CW?

Both. We've been sounding super condescending with our "helpful advice" in strongholds to vent our anger at the camping masses.

Edit: T7 Premium Tiger Tank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5Xo7LD_aM

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 7, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Last night: 87.5% solopub win rate

Today thus far? 31.2.

Plenty of kills, plenty of damage, but gently caress. EVERY. SINGLE. oval office. PUBBIE.

I know your pain. I just wanted to do my daily in the 3601...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mr.48 posted:

Which is to say, no arc at all. Screw the 261, I sold mine.

Yeah, gently caress fast firing highly accurate arty. That poo poo is the worst being able to react quickly to the battle with the confidence that you will actually hit what you are aiming at.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

The 261 is my favorite tier X arty as well. The CGC is made of sads and missed shots.

*Take a shot in the T92*
*Misses by a mile*
*Wait 50 seconds and think about what you've just done*

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

OSad posted:

So what artillery is exactly "meta" in the defense/attack skirmishes and clan warts right now? I thought the B-C 155 58 was still hot poo poo because it has a turret, autoloader and can relocate fast, but apparently the 261 is much, much better at straight-up eliminating players with AP.

GC, 261, M53/55 and sometimes the Batchat arty are what are used in CW right now.

I am a heathen, so I never run AP with my 261.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a really solid game in my 215b yesterday. I side sidescraped and absorbed 3 WTF shots, 2 E5 shots and 2 4202 shots. Was it dumb luck? Sort of.

But that being said I am going to miss this tank when it goes the way of the dodo. It is a pretty trolly tank when it is not out in the open. Gun lays down the pain like nothing else and it has a fantastic HP pool. Did I mention the gun? It is really nice.

What am I not telling you is that the second I went out in the open for 10 seconds I got hit by an arty and a 183. Sky helpers, please don't help me out of the game so quick.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 12, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I kinda had an amazing game in the T-54. Highlights include clanmates stealing a rad walt from me, shenanigans against two arty and not taking damage somehow.

Replay of the sillyness: http://wotreplays.com/site/1523192#winterberg-mesadoram-t-54

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darkrenown posted:

It was lucky you had that 47% Obj 420II to coach you through the hard parts.

Do you/others normally go to the Ruinberg centre like you did early on? I was convinced red tanks would pop out of any of 3 lanes and explode you, but for some reason no one bothered until that SP got you in the rear end, but by then the main road was mostly empty.

I like to play stupidly aggressively, so I do like going there. With-out support the spot is terrible. It can be attacked by many directions with no real cover but your teammates providing fire support, but when you have teammates keeping the rows in check it denies the city and allows crossfire through the center of the map. If you noticed once my support played too aggressive and got roasted I got the hell out of there.

Also the whole time I was listening on teamspeak as my clannies laughed at the stupid poo poo happening around me. I sadly did not read the totally pro advice the 430 was giving me. What did he say?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darkrenown posted:

Oh you know, vital information like that you should kill the T69 when you were driving about looking for it, pinging the map, recommending you kill the AT-15 etc. It taught me a lot about the game.

I really cannot imagine how much better I could have played if I only just listened to him...

Also, I cannot carry in the 3601 hard enough. Don't get me wrong it is a great little tank, but oh boy I cannot win.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

The E4 is not a bad tier10 at all. 750 alpha, reasonable armour and a turret is not a bad combination.
I prefer it to my E3 and E5, but that has probably more to do with playstyle. I like tanks that popout, wreck someone and then get back in cover and the E4 is pretty good for that.
Probably the same reason why I like the T57 Heavy and the AMX 50 100.

I enjoy my E4 also, just got to keep reminding yourself that you are not a heavy. It's a great mid-range tank, it's accuracy is not the best but its turret gives it good versatility for closer range fights.

Find some teammates meat shields and roll behind them (preferable some heavies). Your ability to punish and retreat to safety is made possible by the turret. Just remember that your armor 90% of the time will not do a thing. It's primary purpose is to put pretty patterns on and hope the enemy does not ruin the paint. I am still totally not salty they nerfed the turret armor way back when.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MoraleHazard posted:

\For getting gud, is it smarter to stick with, say one Tier V or Tier VI tank, or perhaps play only one type of tank like mediums? I tended to jump from heavy to TD to light kind of as I felt like it, but playing a map in a TD or in a medium could be very different. Right now I'm doing just one class of tank in an evening so yesterday it was all mediums.

I "got good" at this game by playing the American heavies and Soviet tank destroyers.

The American heavies are quite forgiving, have good guns and pretty great speed. Being a heavy gives you some HP/Armor to make mistakes and not be brutally punished*. Playing these makes you realize how important any kind of support is. Rushing in alone to protect an empty front might be the "unicum" choice to make, but with our support you are probably going to get hosed by the fury of blistering retards with godly RNG. One last thing, heavies help to give you a good idea on how to angle your tank so your tracks take shots or to juke a shot from the pubbie horde.

The td's showed me the importance of map control and positioning. TD's that are on the red line jerking off do nothing for the team; yes you are getting damage but your team is hosed because you did not provide support. Your heavies and mediums did not push up far enough to deter an enemy rush? Get the gently caress out of there. Your heavies and mediums are in a decent spot? Find a bush at a safe distance and make the enemies feel the pain. If your gun is not constantly firing as a TD you are not doing your job.

Also, be very VERY mindful of the mini-map. Tunnel vision gets the best of us, try not to do it. Don't be afraid to rush when you see an opportunity. Map control wins games, and taking out the top-guns help to secure it. Easy kills are nice, but take out the threats when you have the chance.

*Depends on how bad you gently caress up. If you hosed up bad, you will be dead no matter what tank you are in.

Edit: Keep tanks you do good in. It helps to remind you why you play this game (or why you SHOULD be playing the game). It also helps to keep the game fun and deterring the feeling of it being too grindy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cippalippus posted:

I'm looking for tips for the Churchill 3 as well. How do I use it?

Hit R 3 times, hold down left click.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

I'd rather play the T30, at least it has a proper turret that bounces things.

E4 used to be like that :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

rossmum posted:

What? The 268 loving owns, and has actual mobility, unlike the 704.

Just had a pretty kick rear end game in mine. When left alone, it can lay down the pain.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 15, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I double post like a scumbag.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

drat those individual missions are waaaaay too retarded to do. Who the gently caress even has the time to devote to all that poo poo?

Well there is no time constraint, so really anyone who actually wants to do them. But yes they are meant to be "hard" to ward off people from getting free tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Don't see the hellcat in there....

The horse is already dead, why would they continue to beat it?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Because its ability to out spot and out camo nearly every tier 6 medium and most of the tier 7s is still kind of obnoxious?

If that is the case, then it is probably an error that it did not get hit with the nerf bat.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Trying to play right now is like taking to my stats with a loving hammer. Teams are all-in one side every match, blocking me, driving into my shots, dying without doing 2+ shots of damage, and now I'm also playing like a loving retard because it's my only chance at getting the stupid missions done.

I was in my 3601 this morning and TK'd a KV-5 that was pushing me. The pubbies are a special kind of retarded today.

Edit:
v That makes sense. We are not allowed that.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 15, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

Holy poo poo this battle! I had to take a break after the match to breathe. This has to be one of the best carries I have pulled off against all odds. A well deserved Ace Tanker, 15,931 WIN8. I LOVE THE M46 PATTON! Watch that game of cat and mouse against an E-75 at the end.

Stop making me want to buy back the Patton.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

Why would you ever sell it!? I just realized I was so close to a Radley Walters :(

I sold it back when the Patton 3 first came out. Never had the credits/energy to get it back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

Two jobs, a girlfriend, and finishing my last semester of college.

One job with night hours and a girl. I told her I need to dedicate 3 nights a week to tanks. She was surprisingly ok with this.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colonial Air Force posted:

Those are the 3 nights she's loving someone else.

It's for Clan Wars. She is usually right behind me, judging me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

She's not judging you, she's making a mental list of traits she's looking for in her next boyfriend.

An example trait would be "Doesn't play internet tanks".

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Yeah -if she doesn't call it internet tanks like my wife used to also call eve internet spaceships guess what?

Someone is definitely on track to being single. :v: No worries meso, plenty of fish nazis in the sea/on SEA.

Gaming negotiations with SOs who don't like em or don't play what you do need to be well agreed upon or you are not going to be having fun,for sure.

Ok...
:smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0w1W5RGx9Q

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magres posted:

Man how the gently caress do you light tank? I'd given up until these goddamned missions and it's just making me remember why I hate playing them. I'm terrible at it and it drives me crazy. Anyone have any really, really comprehensive guides I can try to get my footing with?

Play like a grimy piece of poo poo. Take pot shots and never expose yourself for a long period of time. If you light is fast enough you can be a brave little boy and active spot. If your light is not a fastest, you can passive scout in a bush close to the front lines. Just remember: DON'T loving PANIC. If you are lit, you are hosed anyway.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magres posted:

[E: Trip Report - play lights like you play the Batchat. Be a scummy fucker and throw your teammates under the bus whenever necessary to scoop up damage and kills without getting hurt

This is pretty accurate for tanks in general now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magres posted:

We've got like six months to chew through them.

Wait, what? I thought they said there was no time limit on the missions.