Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Chillyrabbit posted:

some assembly required
I saw this at Yodobashi Camera and laughed when I saw the price. Basically double the cost for the same model but with anime stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

KurdtLives posted:

What tank is a Warcrime?
The Panther M10 because they tried to disguise a Panther as a M10 Wolverine.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Is there a reason why T32s and T29s seem so vulnerable to arty? Even when playing the tier 5 French 105Lefh arty shooting at a T29 will almost always deal ~300 damage while shooting something like a M6 or even a KV-1 will only deal on average 100 damage?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

JuffoWup posted:

Wait, I thought the panther 88 used the same long 88 as the in tree panther 2 uses. So it is basically a less mobile panther 2 at the same tier with a really crappy radio? Or is it the short 88 that was terrible back at 6 when it is first introduced in the tree?
It's a Panther I hull with the long 88. However, Wargaming messed with the stats so the Panther 88 shoots faster or something and has other soft stat boosts which make it more maneuverable.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

"There is a sort of movie trope these days to display the black soldiers as “warriors” of superior skill, which however is just as wrong as the myth of black soldier inferiority"
He's upset that the black guys don't all die in the first 5 minutes of fighting.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
KV-220 are fun to fight against because a lot of their drivers are surprised when you start penning every shot because you shoot the turret instead of the hull.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Can someone explain how aiming works in WoWS? Aim I supposed to click on ships like tanks or do I have to lead the shot?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
What is with shots going through ships but not doing any damage?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The update was available days ago and it was a quick download then.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So World of Warships is kind of fun. It's a decent game but there's a huge sync issue were ships are not actually where the game says they are. Ships are frequently in a different spot as displayed graphically and thus makes aiming impossible. Shots that hit dead on will just go through and do no damage but shots that hit the water in front of the ship will sometimes give you a "hit" which really ruins the atmosphere of the game.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

The best thing about the Yamato class is that 1 or 2 of them got converted to carriers... Massive carriers that could launch up to 45 airplanes! :downs:

Are you sure your're not just over-penning? It's entirely possible to shoot through lightly armoured ships with AP for little to no damage, and if you hit the water in front of a ship you could still hit the forward hull. Sure, it could be lag issues, but it might not be.
I'm shooting HE.

And when I said in front of the ship I was talking about a good 20 meters in front of the ship.

It's the same for my ship. The enemy shells are landing in front of my ship graphically but then my engine would die meaning it was the rear that was hit.

What's weird is that my ping is in the 80 range and my fps is fine as well so I have no idea what's causing the sync issue.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 26, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If they wanted medium tanks to flank then they wouldn't make all maps 3 lane dota maps.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I haven't played this game in a really long time. Is the Tiger I still a DPM machine gun?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I'm considering playing this game again after dropping it for about a year now. Does anyone want to reinvite me for the bonuses? Preferably someone who can platoon today (Friday) afternoon pst.

NA server, username is Haneman.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's well pass the 60 day time frame so I'm just going to guess the system is broke.

Edited for safety.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 20, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That still means it takes a whole 12 seconds to just turn around.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Is the derp still viable on the Sherman? I remember that it got nerfed but I'll be going through the Sherman III and I don't remember how good the Sherman is with out the derp.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Like other people said, ISU line is better. If you prefer the fast firing and stealth camo style of the early SU TDs then just buy a Su-144-22 and save yourself the headache of that line.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It's weird, I seem to have a much better WR without a platoon than with one. Does platooning influence MM?

Maybe it's because I'm so chatty in a platoon and have better situational awareness solo.
MM will try and mirror platoons on both sides. So if you're in a 3-man platoon then the MM will try and get another 3-man platoon on the other team.

This means you have the potential to drag a platoon of good players against you. However, most platoons are bad so platooning even with average players will give your team a huge advantage most of the time.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I wouldn't mind Arty so much if they couldn't regularly pen you for 90% of your health all the god drat time. They could get a rof and accuracy buff for all I care as long as they only do damage that a regular, same tier, non-ISU tank could do.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Hazdoc posted:

So I've taken the plunge and decided to get a Superpershing.
I'm so sorry.

quote:

What upgrades should I put on it? I've already purchased Rammer, of course, and I'll get vertical stabilizers once I have the credits. What should go in the 3rd slot? Gun laying drive? Vents? Spall liner? I'm not sure about gun laying drive, the thing already has pretty good aim that would only get better once I have vertical stabilizer, and I don't know if spall liner is actually worth it.
The trifecta for most tanks is Rammer, vert-stabs. and one of vents, optics or binocs. Vents will give you a little bit of everything (view range, reload speed, aim time, etc but only like ~2% better). However, view range is super important in this game so I lean towards optics and binocs now. I personally like to put binocs on slower tanks or tanks that need to stop and aim their guns to be effective. Optics works better for tanks that can reposition easily and are always on the move.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Russian bias exist in that the 3-lane DOTA map design meta benefits Russian heavies tanks the most.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Is the KV-85 still a keeper like the KV-1s was? I still have one in my garage after the change and the nice crew to go with it but I haven't touched it since the change.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Man, tiers 3-4 are absolute poo poo on NA, even more so than years ago. The player population is low, even during weekend afternoons so you're always bottom tier, especially with 3s where you're frequently the only tier 3 in a tier 5 match.

It's pretty obvious that this game will die at this state since new players will not survive that stupid grind to tier 5. And even tier 5s kind of sucks right now since there's no one playing tier 4 so you can never really be top tier anymore.

Low tiers really have to be made more relevant or just rebalance them so tier 4s can put up a good fight against 5s and then put tiers 1-3 in some special playpen where only new players can access and just let older players skip those tiers when a new line appears.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wow, the ELC AMX is so unfair in tier 6 battles if you know how to play it. It's a good thing the majority of the player base is god awful at light tanks or the ELC would have seen a massive nerf already.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wait, did they rename the ELC? I could have sworn it was ELC AMX but it's AMX ELC now.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've always been made to understand that the T-34 was an excellent medium, but I'm finding it to be pretty underwhelming at the moment. It's sluggish and the aimtime is glacial...I've never felt like I needed a GLD so desperately like in this tank. Do I have bad opinions, or am I doing something wrong?
The T-34 is a faster Churchill III that can flank which makes it pretty good. Overall, all tier V mediums suck as tier 3s and 4s are rare so you have no one to bully and you are greatly outmatched by tier 6s and don't even stand a chance against 7s. It's just that the T-34 is probably the best of the bunch and in pure tier V games it can really excel.

It also doesn't help that tier V is dominated by the KV-1(s) and the Japanese heavy.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Well, that only works if he's alone. Not to mention that he can almost one shot you so I hope you're on full health when you face him... And if you do survive that hit all your modules and crew are gone.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Play it like a fast flanking medium tank. Keep your distance and use your ridiculous dpm and good camo.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Any tips for the ARL 44? Being huge with no armour and a gun that takes years to aim is pretty tough.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The best part of the PzK is that even WG has nothing really good to say about it. It's own review either states the obvious or out right lies:

The Good
A gun with high marks in penetration, damage and accuracy - A loving lie
Like many medium tanks, can fit in any role - Um, okay
Very competitve(sic) at tier V - No poo poo, a tier V being competitive in tier V matches?

Reasons to Buy
All-around great medium tank with a fearsome weapon - A lie
Perfect for the flexible tanker - Be gud to do okay at this tank
Great for training German medium tank Crews - No poo poo, it's a premium

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Valle posted:

Edit: some Erlenberg Blizzard footage for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRGZmb_clm4
So the entire map just becomes the magical forest? Seems terrible unless they fix the radio-spotting mechanics.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So, the newest patch will break all mods. Welp, I guess I'll drop the game again.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No, Wargaming is changing stuff to Actionscript 3.0 which will completely break xvm and probably most other mods.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Not exactly. Currently the interface is running on Actionscript 2.0, in the upcoming patch they are updating it to Actionscript 3.0. This will break some features of existing mods. In XVM mods to the Garage tank carousel, Minimap, and Minimap HP display will break. As far as I can tell the rest of VXM will work just fine as is. In fact, XVM already has nightlies available for the new patch. Additionally mods for the deluxe info panel, custom damage panel, elevation angles, team HP, chat with message history, and tank icons will break. I'm sure that there are many other mods that they haven't tested yet that will break, but its not entirely a 'the sky is falling' situation. http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/9151-mods-action-script-3-you/
I don't know. I just saw that the xvm developer said "A lot of work need to be done to adapt XVM for new WoT 9.15.1." so I just expected the worst.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 27, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It is genius of them to offer boosters for sale for gold. Someone had a real brain wave as to how to get people to exhaust their stockpiles. Too bad they're only selling the lovely ones.
The 2h +25% exp one doesn't even make sense. It's better to get two 1h +25% exp since the overall cost exactly the same and the bonus doesn't stack. That way you can take a break in between and as long as you start a game in the time period you can get the bonus so the two 1h ones give you more time overall.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It wouldn't be that bad. You just have to be top 3 on your team regardless of win or loss and we all know how easy it is to get top xp on a loss when you have a lovely team.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No, strikes will be given out at WG's discretion which means you'll probably have to go out of your way to get even one strike.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The DB need a buff to make it at least useable in tier 9 games. However, in standard WG fashion all they did was make it OP as a top tier and still useless in tier 9 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Am I missing something or is the free xp for crew training a complete ripoff? I can spend 37k free xp to raise my Chaffee's commander from 62-95% camo, and this is with a 5x "special"? That's a loving horrible deal.
With the 5x you actually turn that 37k free exp to 185k crew exp. It just takes a poo poo ton of exp to level up crews.

Yeah, it's not a great deal but the only other option is actually grinding out that 185k crew exp.