Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey tanks folks,

haven't played in ages due to only having a Lenovo T440 while studying in the US, but I'm back in Germany for a visit over the next 5 weeks, albeit on a lovely 1500mbit line. Can I just download as much of the update torrents in the client as I can, shut the PC down and resume the updates the next time I boot up? I just painstakingly got through the first gigabyte, but need to shut the machine down temporarily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Quick ancillary question:
Should my excruciatingly slow patching finish sometime tomorrow, is the OMC modpack launcher thing still a reliable deal to stick with, or are we doing something else these days?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Unless you facetiously mean "m" as in "milli-" in "lovely 1500mbit line" then your "lovely" connection is better than what a lot of us are stuck with here in the US. 1500 Mbps = 187.5 MBps; I have something like (tested) 3 MBps down and 0.6 MBps up on a U-Verse VDSL connection. (To be fair, the actual connection is capable of more than double that but some of it is reserved for the IPTV streams.) It's perfectly sufficient for my purposes (e.g. I don't do any torrenting) but aside from the locations that can get fiber, a lot of us are stuck with a poor excuse for broadband compared to what other areas of the world get. :( 'MERKA! :911:

Yeah, I kinda goofed up that one. I've been used to saying 8Mbit/16Mbit/32Mbit-line depending on whichever I had in the past 12 years and since I recalled my parents having a DSL 1500 deal, I just casually called it 1500 Mbit when it's 1.5 Mbit.
I'm getting roughly 170-180 kilobyte/second down on this line. It's perfectly fine for gaming, but atrociously slow for gigabytes upon gigabytes of updates, unfortunately.

M.C. McMic posted:

There's a 0.9.9 update for Odem Mortis appearing on the website, but when I try to run it, it says it's not compatible with the most recent version of WoT. :saddowns:

Yup, same.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Missing Name posted:

There, I finally joined the cool kids now. (HT-15 with honors, in my HITLER DEATHWAGEN II of all loving things)
http://wotreplays.com/site/2026470#stalingrad-byezimyannij-tiger_ii

Does damaged blocked my armor increase EXP you earn? It seems like it sometimes - I'll take a poo poo ton of hits but not really deal anything out myself, but then I somehow rank highish.

I was about to ask the same thing. Haven't played in roughly a year and there are tons of things confusing me.

Dynamic platoons, some AMX CDC, "using armor" in the battle review screen, bunch of other stuff.
Could anyone recap the big changes in the past year or so?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Not even a day back into WoT since playing in 9.2 and nothing has changed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Phew, OMC 9.9 update dropped, finally I can go back to normal...

...alright then.

:stare:

Oh, that's actually working as intended?

...that's sortakinda funny.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 19, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A year without playing, and the SU-85B remains an unnerfed ninja deathmachine.

I'm actually all but certain I could have pulled the rest of this off with 14 kills if I'd prioritized the Hetzer that got me above all instead of finishing off a low-health idiot in a Stuart.
This thing is such a joy to drive and I'm happy to come back to a garage of almost exlusively tanks that are fun to drive while ridiculously strong.

gently caress the grind.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nordick posted:

Actually it did get its view range axed pretty heavily.

Still loving rules, though.

Oh wow, 310, 387 with binocs...what was it before, 400/470 with binocs or something?

From the last few games, especially the 9 kill one, I'm not getting the impression that they touched it's camo value at all, though. And I can deal with 390m view range in proper positions, it seems.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The E-25 apparently also didn't lose its status as a machinegun ninjaferrari.

Non-retarded T67 and I get 5k damage between the two of us. Best dude on the other team? Another E-25

4 rounds left after that match, almost had to dig into my comedy HE round and started sweating when I realized once more that I should probably stop being a moron and switch it for something useful.

/ninjaedit:

Apparently that match fulfills like 13 of the TD missions in terms of prerequisites. Damnit, Wargaming.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 20, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That...that's not enough for Ace Tanker?!? :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

frood posted:

Ugh, fix your XVM preferences so it's showing WN8 (or WN7 or WN6 if you're Hellsau, I can't even remember which one he thinks is good) instead of Wargaming's useless ratings. Go to the XVM website, log in, click settings.

Also, that looks like my team in 70% of the matches I load into, with maybe a bit fewer reds.

I just went to 'settings' and found a flag setting, along with choice of country.

I know I'll find out the answer to my next question once I can log back in and play a match, but I need to know sooner whether other players will actually see my name with an israeli flag next to it.

I must know now.

Tell me such a beautiful thing can be possible.

/edit:

Oh my loving god, it's beautiful. :stare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've casually completed some of these campaign missions for the Shtug (you see, it is a witty portmaneau of 'poo poo' and 'Stug IV', for, the Stug IV is poo poo as I've been assured) and was too ignorant to notice that there's also a set of missions for SPGs. Do I need to buy back my, uh...whatever that SPG after the Hummel is, or can I gimmick-do these missions in my FV304?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nordick posted:

You don't necessarily have to do the SPG missions at all to get the StuG IV. You'll get it as long as you complete the last mission in all other categories "with honors", i.e. with the secondary objective also fulfilled.
And yes, just the last missions, 1-14 don't matter.

Wait, I can skip literally every single SPG mission and all I need to do is ace the final three missions of the other ones?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nordick posted:

Not the last three, just the last ones. In other words, as long as you complete LT-15, MT-15, HT-15 and TD-15 with honors, you don't have to touch the SPG missions at all to get the reward tank.

Yeah, I meant to say the final missions of the other three mission lines, worded that a bit dumb.

I've been taking out my FV304 for a spin to snag a few credits on the SPG missions as well and japanese Tigers are currently my favorite thing to shoot at. Their drivers are just that much dumber than regular pubbie Tiger drivers, it seems.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, I just casually grabbed a commander for my LTP as the female crew member rewarded by the campaign missions, thinking it was just another 100% crew member, but had no idea about the Sisterhood of Steel thing...I essentially wasted a pick, I take it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jack_tripper posted:

yes, especially because you can use any soviet light tank commander in the ltp

I don't have any soviet lights. I used the LTP for some casual seal-clubbing when it came out and found it moderately funny to play, but then moved the crew out and retrained them. I figured I'd just be getting a regular 100% crew member, didn't know I'd get one with a free done skill along with it. Should have probably read up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The drat "set poo poo on fire" mission in the medium tank line for the bad Stug is driving me insane. I only have a Pz III//IV and a Panther/M10 do do them.

Wait a minute, I have a T-54, how did I loving forget that?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 31, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

loving FINALLY.

Now to hemorrhage gold rounds from my T-54 to get the 3k damage mission that I've constantly been "completing" while not having gotten past the incinerator mission.

And I love this 3x crew XP modifier. Almost 9k XP for my dudes on their way to the third skill? Why, yes please.

HA!
The very next loving mission:

Two arty dudes on the other team constantly mocked me since I was basically capping for 6 straight minutes while constantly getting reset, slowly losing crew members and getting whittled down to 11 hp. Sat there with 2840 damage dealt and 25 seconds left to cap, thinking "Well, guess I won't get the mission, but at least I'll carry this match.". Full health SU-14-2 rolls over the hill, dooming all my hopes.

I shoot the guy down to 100hp and make peace with my god. He, for pubbie reasons, doesn't aim while I reload and instead snapshots past me. I can't believe my luck, kill him, collect my mission primary, mission secondary and the win.

:)

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Aug 1, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

loving useless team refusing to give me my 1500 spotting damage for LT-13 again. This is roughly the fifth time I breach 1,000 damage done and then EXCLUSIVELY try to spot, I've even given up on taking opportunities to tilt the round in our favor so I can just get this loving primary objective. This time, I thought I finally had my spotting damage for sure and then went on to do as much as I could to carry. Someone stole my kill of the 263 I caught off guard and then bullied in the butt to deny me my top gun.
Useless team.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

12th straight battle without a team to breach 1,500 assisted damage for poo poo I spot.
This one was special. Last remaining enemy tank was a Jagdtiger. I wasn't entirely sure that I was the one that spotted him as there was one of our T71s about, so I aim carefully for his tracks, shoot and chip away 250 damage while tracking him.
"Oh well", I think, "solid scouting, 250 damage shouldn't break my back on this attempt."

:cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How do you BT-7 art.?

I have some free time today and don't really feel like grinding out missions. Might gold-retrain the 4-skill crew from my SU-85B, but all I really want is solid camo and sixth sense, probably snap shot. Slapped a camo net and vents on the thing, what else, binocs for sitting back and "sniping"?
Haven't really figured it out, but played 4 extremely fun matches in it. Shooting open-topped poo poo in the side is boatloads of fun and 99% of the pubbies driving it just suicide.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, should I grab snap shot on my BT-7 artillery gunner before camo?
Can't really gauge the ninja-ness of the think yet and since it's arty, I didn't expect much to begin with.

Having a bunch of fun in this thing, by the way. Platoons of three should also be pretty funny. Heck, even when dumped in a tier V match, you can screw with people.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Missing Name posted:

The BT-7a is more fun than any right it has to. It's on par with the IC in my books for best tier iii light.

The Pz 1C had a more clearly defined gimmick I felt. With the BT-7a, I still haven't quite figured out which gimmick to go with. Currently, I'm alternating between luck-based doom-sniping from afar after switching positions rapidly and basically being a raider that preselects easy targets (open-topped things are my favorite) and then jets in for a few point-blank shots while zipping by or around them.

I've decided against retraining a crew for it so now I'm trying to figure out whether to specialize in one role by dumping the vents and camo net in favor of optics and binocs and then getting smooth ride/clutch breaking on the driver, snapshot on the loader. On the other hand, keep the vents and camo net plus full camo training on the crew (still kinda eyeballing snap shot).

Basically, someone with less World of Tanks ringrust please tell me what to stick on my BT-7a and how to play it. :shobon:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This thing is so much fun.
People either don't perceive you as a threat because in higher tier matches, pubbies just drive mindlessly into fire and in lower tier matches they never even attempt to aim and thus hit jacksquat.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just installed WoT on my laptop and fired up my gimmick NA account since I'm probably going to stay in Arizona for another year and a half.

When zoomed in, bushes kill my framerate and someone please remind me what I used to use my right mouse button for...? I cannot, for the life of me remember.
I had the fire-extinguisher on the "downbutton" on the left, refill shell container on the up button and autoaim on tilting the mousewheel to the left. I think the only thing may have been when using it to get into artymode?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, the E-25 was a mission reward?

I just figured out my plan for my former NA-gimmick account. Go up one or two lines, keep about three fun tanks in those lines ad infinitum. Shell out a few bucks for a good silver-earning premium and chill.
Any suggestions? I'm going up the american TD line currently for the former T49, but I already want to keep the T-18

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, are these popup-notifications for "Destroyed", "Spotted", "Assisted", "Critical Hit" and such at the top of the screen ingame an official feature, or did I accidentally install some nifty new mod?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Alright, so I only need to do 15k damage 14 more times and I get an E-25, or what?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

You can do it 15k twice during the week, and any amount of times during the weekends. 14 times total and you get an E-25.

Please don't give WGA money.

On second thought, that might not be doable. The highest-tier tank with good average damage I currently have on my gimmick NA account is the SU-85B, but that still requires 15-20 good games for a single mission completion. While I have no trouble casually playing 40 good games during the week, I don't think I'll be up to grinding out 200 games over each of the next two weekends. On my EU account, I'd take out my 4-skill roomba or Jagdtiger and it'd be a cakewalk, but is there any tank I could quickly grind out to complete the E-25 missions off the top of your head?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Looks like people are still doing incredible things with the SU-85B despite the nerf if this is still just 1st class.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Alright, gently caress it, I'm willing to throw around 50 bucks at Wargaming NA for a fun, decent-credit-earning premium. I have no interest in going the same route I went with my EU account and buying a premium account on and off, all I'm basically looking for is a decent premium tank for money-earning so I can sustain getting into and then chilling/firing occasional premium rounds out of a number of sub-tier-6 pubstompers.

If I get permabanned for chat-transgressions, Insha'Allah.

Any suggestions?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

CDC is cheap and great and makes tons of money and you can use it in Strongholds and Team Battles for effortless money if you care about that.

Sold.

Dumped a 100% batchat-crew that I had lying around (from the Domination thing?) into it, any skill/perk/equipment advice for the thing?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The gun depression on the CDC

:stare::stare::stare::stare:

:killdozer:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

It is really a wonderful tank.

A little hard to carry in, but shines when used right.

I'm not very good at carrying to begin with, but the mobility on this thing combined with the depression makes it so incredibly easy to zip around into beneficial positions and knock a round or two into someone's side even when facing tier 10s. And you can loving run all gold rounds and still at the very least break even...

This is basically exactly what I had been looking for to fund my low-tier bullshit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Almost up to 100% on my first skill in the CDC after what feels like only a handful of battles. The constant stack of XP modifiers yesterday was insane, and I understand this airdrop XP modifier for being in the top 5 stays till friday? Scraped together enough credits for the vert stab and rammer finally and the gun handling on the CDC is loving amazing. Can't wait for snap shot.

The one thing that strikes me as odd about the CDC is that, for the first time in my experience, almost every single pubbie has figured out what to do against this thing. I mean, yes, there will be tons of pubbies firing HE because it's obviously cheaper and does more damage, but I'm getting the impression that even the dumbest Joe Everypubbie in a Hellcat will actually switch to HE to fire at it.

It's almost...heartwarming.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've just had someone say "Your a fail reroll, your point is wrong".

I'll give him credit for me being a fail reroll, I currently have absolutely atrocious stats. In my defense, I've been playing mostly drunk and he said the AMX30B is the shittiest tank he's ever driven.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The CDC, a fat scout.
I know I've had less than 100 battles in this thing, but I somehow feel like I can carry less than I can in my JT88. And boy loving howdy, is artillery ever so much in love with the CDC. Almost every time, without fail, they'll try to go for me with my currently atrocious stats instead of that purple E5 or something, just because you're guaranteed higher damage, if not an instakill IF you hit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

So...out of nowhere my ping to both NA servers is suddenly around 350-400ms+

What the gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, so help me figure this out.
When I do ping-tests via speed-test or simply via the command prompt, I get anything from 29ms to 55ms tops. In no other instance do I seem to get any ping in excess of 60ms. I have no downloads active and nothing using network traffic in the background. Yet somehow, in WoT, my poo poo looks like this:

Up until maybe a day and a half ago, I would have maybe 50-70ms in pings ingame, suddenly I'm looking at 200ms+ absolute minimum, usually averaging something around 300-350. Judging by the fact that this suddenly happened while not manifesting itself before, I'm drawn to think that it's something with my system. But if everything else pings fine and there's literally no background traffic...uh...

:confused:

Was planning to upgrade to Windows 10 while I'm out for a few hours (and not playing anyway), but would anyone have an idea regarding that situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Its wargamings servers. I am east coast and still get anywhere from 30-70 ping normally. But i randomly will spike to 300+ and it will stay like that for hours even after resetting router.

Is...is this normal? :stare: