Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

subhelios posted:

As a reminder, the TS address is: 209.15.226.35:10937. Anyone can give basic tags, and if you idiots REALLY manage to gently caress poo poo up, Hellsau, demonR6 or myself can probably fix it. If we feel like it.

Don't rely on me I'm the one who keeps accidentally dragging channels and trying to put them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Grinding to a Clan Wars tank (list shamelessly stolen from generously contributed by Hellsau). Note that this list changes with nearly every patch.
The following tanks are in demand for Clan Wars: T57, AMX 50B, Batchat 25t, E-100, Object 140, Leopard 1, STB-1
The following tanks are in demand, but in lesser numbers: Object 263, T110E3, Waffentrager auf E-100, FV215b, IS-7, T-62A, Object 907, T110E5, E-50M, Object 261, M53/M55, Conqueror GC (good artillery players are extremely valuable)
The following tanks are okay: T110E4, VK7201, Object 430, 121, GW Type E
The following tanks are shameful and should never take part in Clan Wars: JpE-100, Maus, IS-4, FV4202, 113, M60, M48 Patton, FV215 183, Batchat 155, T92, Foch155, Object 268, FV4005

By lesser numbers, I mean that the tanks are either reserved for specific purposes, or you literally use fewer of them like E3s and arti. The 215b, E5, IS-7 and E50M are basically interchangeable, and the non-140 Russian mediums have different strengths.

Don't bring Mauses or IS-4s except against shitters. They are "armored" versions of the E100 and IS-7, except they are significantly easier to pen by people who aren't awful. I've crushed way too many IS-4s simply because they have horrific front armor and are slower and less sloped than the IS-7, and the Maus is solely an ignorable HP brick.

The J100 might deserve a promotion. Is the 430 irrelevant now or am I overestimating the 907's armor?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rockopete posted:

How is the Achilles?

Also Ensign you may want to add a note about Battle Assistant in the Mods section of the OP, seeing as it's basically required for most arty now.

e: aw, the 268 sucks now? I guess I'll stop when I get to the 704...

There were a few posts last thread wondering if the 704 is just better than the 268, side by side. I definitely do not think the 268 belongs in clan wars outside of an insane gimmick strat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Keksen posted:

I'd guess red, white and black.

E: poo poo no, I forgot he only likes whites.

Only some whites.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Snakes in a can posted:

holy crap the ammo rack is soft on the 907, been ammo racked 4/5 games so far and died twice to ammo rack explosion.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Well I just bought the E-25, maybe I should take it out for my first joy ride and see wh...

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

You can see why the winrate padders prefer it, and why it is removed from the shop. It should not have pref matchmaking - it's better than the drat SU-122-44, one of the best tier sevens.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KurdtLives posted:

Is the Churchill GC worth bothering with? I am trying to eventually do all [or maybe almost all] the tank lines as a long term goal but that one is a lot of xp for a pointless diversion that seems to be a disliked tank.

It would be a pretty decent tier 5, though one with a lot of glaring weaknesses.

e: the Valentine AT is fine with the derp, the Alecto is extremely good with the derp, and the AT-2 is extremely good without the derp (please do not use the derp on the AT-2).

Here's how the AT-8 compares with the ChurchillGC: when the line was released, there was an event. The top 100 players who got the most base XP in a single battle would receive gold, with the top 3 getting fancy tanks. The highest, the absolutely highest xp game EVER for the Churchill GC during that event, would not have been enough to receive gold in the AT-8.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 25, 2014

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

wait.

Did you, Hellsau, just call the Churchill GC a "pretty decent tier 5"?

Its such a bad tank. I don't have the time to write out fully why its so bad, but just know that everyone should never ever attempt driving a churchill GC.

I think the Valentine and the M3 Lees would make for pretty good tier 3s. I think the FV183 and 113 are some of the best tier nine tanks available. I don't get why everyone complains about the Lowe - sure its slow but that gun at tier 7 is killer.

e: serious for a second I would kill for a tier six Chi-Ri.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Magres posted:

He's being facetious, every tank he mentioned is so bad that it would be average at one tier lower.

CGC is 6, Lee/Valentine are 4s, Lowe is 8.

Actually the Lowe is arguable but good lord it should have preferential MM. If you took a KT and gave it shittier armor and made it significantly slower you'd get a Lowe. It's almost Maus slow.

This guy gets it. Magres is among the best players in RDDT3 so he should know.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Since everyone seemed to like that free day of premium code...

...if you can bring yourselves to download and log into the WoWP client, you get a free day of premium for doing that, too.

Don't do it, they managed to make the matchmaker worse somehow.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

If you're going to play it, play one battle against bots for 200 free xp.

I just did, and honestly I'm kind of annoyed because the game mechanics seem less aggressively bad. GJ WG, way to release a game at the lowest point of its entire existence. Do that to WoWS and I'll cut you.

No seriously I tried playing Planes on Saturday. Got nothing but 3v3s or 2v2s.

The matchmaker is abominable.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

Sorry I didn't think anybody watched replays. I promise that I didn't add malicious code, honest.

I added malicious code. If you watch these replays you'll get a sound mod with me constantly berating you when you play poorly.

Naturally Donkey hasn't noticed yet.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

Played a match on Fjords from the north in my IS-2. Pushed around the corner and wiped out what was left of the south team's heavies, and was heading through the town by the water to mop up when I was shot by a Dicker Max from arty island. I laughed in chat at the camping shitlord who didn't fire a shot until the game was decided, and apparently I touched a nerve, since I got the following tear-stained missive via the official forums-

:allears:

That dude had PLENTY of places covered: His teammate's corpses on the south peninsula, his teammate's corpses in the center of the map, his teammate's corpses in the northeast, and the eastern AND southern redlines! Plus he can teamkill his artillery at any moment.

Please never snipe from there, guys. Go up north to support them, go center to support there, go to wherever you can shoot westward down the F line, or hell just sit in the buildings in case you see an opening. You can always turn back and get into your lovely camping spot later in the match. You don't need to be there, doing nothing for eight minutes while your team begs you to be useful.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Control Volume posted:

for christmas this year i treated myself by not playing this game at all

I'm sitting in teamspeak listening to Dandy, MSec and Ackbarre have a terrible time, while drinking and playing Magic Online. Feels good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

Or "why the gently caress did you fire HE you literally lost us the game."

Wait can you actually activate a sound when someone switches to HE or fires HE? Because I might need to do something about that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

Have you tried Hex yet? Cheaper than MTGO with some cool only-in-a-digital-space card effects.

I have infinite tickets in MTGO, don't feel like putting the effort into playing Hex. Hearthstone was alright but kinda boring.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stevefin posted:

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

That's rare but not unheard of. Reinstall tanks. Seriously, just reinstall tanks and get your mods again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stevefin posted:

Is there another option than re installing tonks on lovely Australia internet?

Your other option is hoping it was a mod, and removing all your mods. It may or may not be a mod, and removing the mod may or may not fix the problem.

Good luck!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

But what to buy though? I currently have 2.1 million credits, and have unlocked and not yet bought

VII: Bulldog, Crusader SP
VIII: Rhoomba, T-34-2
IX: M53/55, T54E1, Tortoise, Conqueror, Leo A, Su-122-54
X: JpE-100, Maus, Obj. 268, Obj. 261

and I really only have a T69, Indien, 416 and T37 to sell

In order:

M41
T54E1
M53

That will give you one of the best tanks with tier eight matchmaking, one of the best tier nines, and a CW viable artillery and also will make Dandy happy. Wait until Tuesday for 30% off US tier sevens to get the M41 on sale. Also keep the T37 for strongholds.

Seriously everyone should get the Chaffee, T37 and M41. All three are very fun and range from strong to overpowered.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Did the VStab get taken away? I thought the Chaffee could still use it, and that's why it's so good.

Always use VStab is available. Always use Rammer if available. Always use Optics if your view range is considerably higher than your tiermates. Every other piece of equipment has either a very minor effect or is extremely niche.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

So I want to come back to tanks. Y/n?

Very no. I haven't played in a week and I'm pretty happy with that.

I do want to play the new fun mode whenever that comes, but I've had enough of the pubbies ruining 199 out of 200 games. Blowouts are not fun, win or loss.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atal Vataman posted:

I think the game is p good tbqh

I love the game. I would very much enjoy a single player World of Tanks.

I hate the pubbies. They ruin everything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Guess who's getting gold?

Boy this guy is very earnest indeed. Good catch Elmnt80.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Don't say that about my chicken and dumplings!

Actually do! I love in-shop secrets!

It's made of people!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

I harbor a hatred for authority, and it feeds it like wildfire!

Typical Southerner. Go back to CSA, Dandy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Comrade_Canada posted:

played tanks for the x5, ended up on Stalingrad, with a whiny waffle that did 0 dmg. After a couple of pubbie insults, he flies into a rage and goes on to PM me a whole book. Managed to take screenshots of the hilarity and make an album.

http://imgur.com/a/x91g2

God drat dude grab the lower right corner of the chat window and drag it to enlarge.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rossmum posted:

God drat.

Also, Type 59 talk: I remember when it was still available in the store, some baddie I encountered was saying he regretted buying it, it was poo poo, he was about to sell it because it sucked so hard, etc.

Less than a week later it was removed from the store, and I saw him later whining about how OP it is :allears:

was it frozentreat?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zanziabar posted:

First match in the chaffee. What a hilarious little tank. If the T37 & Bulldog are like this then I should thoroughly enjoy them.

The tier five Chaffee right now? It's better than the old Chaffee was. Trading some pen and HP for a massive mobility increase is totally worth it.

The T37 is laughably better than the old Chaffee. It is incredible and it turns tier six Strongholds into insane T37 pub stomps.

The M41 is probably 50 to 100 HP short of being better than the tier eight lights. It is fabulous.

Note - all three of these tanks get better matchmaking than the old Chaffee. The old Chaffee was very good - and all three of these are better with softer matchmaking? Yes please. Hopefully Wargaming don't chicken out and nerf them - if all the other lights were buffed to this level the game would be better for it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

How the gently caress do you play campnovika anymore? The old rule was hill or bust. But it seems like anymore on south, it is drown or bust because half your loving team will suicide themselves to kill the lone medium that ran to k3. Meanwhile, the hill isn't very conducive to any kind of fighting either making it pointless. The best place I have found is the magic bushes by the waterway and just snipe it up. That would be grand, but absolutely the worst place to be in a russian heavy tank.

East spawn pulls back east and waits for their idiots to try to cap. Attempt to dissuade your pubbies from going into the buildings because they'll just get spotted from K3. Instead, suggest they pull back eastward and wait for the enemy to try to cap, and shoot them in the open.

Of course every time I'm in a position to go to K3, their tanks are literally allowed to broadside my spawn, sitting straight in the field, while shooting me in the butt. My teammates will hide from those tanks, because spotted enemy tanks might shoot back!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

So in other words, just drown yourself and get in another tank hoping not to roll the map again. Gotcha.

Pretty much. Some nights the map rotation is just too loving awful to stomach.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Snakes in a can posted:

i had a :downsbravo: moment, it was Hellsau.

I am so sorry Rossmum :(

Also yeah the VK3002D was excellent. Sure it can't do everything, but when it is good, it is real good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

T57: Do people generally find AP is enough or load HEAT erry day? 258 mm pens isn't bad or anything, but bounces suck when you're autoloading.

HEAT is poo poo but you need the pen. Load all HEAT because you might run out of ammo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That dude with 800 battles is also keeping the game free for the rest of us.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

OTTER is rolling forth a new initiative to be a more "friendly" clan. I had a feeling this was coming after we decimated won the 3rd campaign.

It is weird that I kind of agree with this initiative. I do love being a dick to terrible pubbies, but it feels like this game is dying faster than it seems.

What do you guys think? Should it be the better clans duty to guide the garbage through the trash heap?

Uh, that's not going to succeed. The reason good players hate pubbie scum is because pubbies do not want to improve. Seriously, just go into a Stronghold battle and explain to them why their strategy failed. Be courteous and polite. The pubbies will just call you f-words and n-words and refuse to accept your help.

Sure, be polite to UGKB or -FU- or VILIN and the other scrub clans that actually try to improve, but you won't get very far. There are far too many FURREs and ARMEDs and nationalist clans who strongly resist advice to make a dent in the playerbase.

The reason the game feels like it's dying is not because of the good players chasing away the bads, it's the bad players chasing away the people who actually try. It isn't just the purples who get pissed at the scum. When I get a 5k damage loss due to my teammates idiocy, I'm mad that my lovely teammates wasted five minutes of my effort. When some green dude loses a 5k damage game (not damage farming), his teammates lost his best ever game. That is much more impactful.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

I did it, guys. I peeked behind the pubbie curtain and I am not sure I will ever be the same.

Tier 8 game in my IS-2. My team full of retards sends 1 tank to the west side of Erlenberg, so I hold back and try to cover him as best I can. I get a few shots off and get run over by 4 or 5 tier 8s. Meanwhile our 43% Super Pershing is running his dickhole about how bad I am for dying early. He goes from the mid map and backs literally to the K line and dies last. And of course, he did zero damage. So I had to compliment him on his skills. Below is our full chat. I am still in awe.

Full transcript here-
http://www.pastebin.ca/2898837

Grats you ran into a chatbot. That is quite the bot!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a killing spree and blame WoT for it.

Seriously, gently caress every single oval office playing right now.

It's only an hour off for killing teammates. Load up arti or a high alpha tank and go to town.

Be sure to insult whoever you team kill. Bonus points if you get their platoonmates banned.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Usually what I see is the team getting rolled because they are playing to how things should go normally with a mix of terrible players per side. The enemy team being just full of terribles though do inane things that collectively get the amazing team killed because it was unexpected. Also, if you have a team of amazing players, someone has to sacrifice themselves for spotting since you don't have the idiots to do it willingly for you in a normal team make up.

Also, this happened the other day, can you identify the problem?

:suicide:

Was he firing HE or was he cosplaying as a ISU-122?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rossmum posted:

I am deeply bothered if I am forced to carry an odd number of any particular type of ammunition that isn't a multiple of 5.

You don't need to carry a full ammo loadout if it bothers you. Plus, more Fadin's!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

OSad posted:

I didn't know we were famous.

Next it's going to be NTR or Forge or something. We just want to take it easy, man.

You can't say you people don't bring it on yourselves. Anime belongs in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

OSad posted:

Confirmed. The name Hellsau makes me skitter so fast, I barely even have time to catch up on the hot anime of the season.

I don't want to hear that coming from you, Hellsau-tan.

Don't be so tsundere baka*

T/N Note - baka means idiot.