Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
I love studentpaul's new avatar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

You played that very well!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wargaming is proud to announce Operation Buy Stuff for our Wives:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/gift-cards-for-gold/

Heh. Cracker Barrel.

As a frequent traveler about the South, and a Williams-Sonoma and J Crew shopper, those thing are pretty silly.

$50 worth of chicken and dumplings or 7500g? Chicken and dumplings every time. Side it up with collards and mac and cheese!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The best part? You have to enter in the gift card's complete information so they can 'check the value' themselves and *then* give you a gold quote. But they adamantly state that "your gift card won't be used" or debited...they just need to check. Whereas pretty much every gift-card-buying website on the internet will just give you a quote when you give them a value.

It shocks me that they're so blatant with this cash grab. After the WTF-E100, I don't know why it would shock me but this is just "please give us money because we spent too much on planes."

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Counter-point: as someone who has been in several Cracker Barrel kitchens, the 7500g is definitely safer.

Don't say that about my chicken and dumplings!

Actually do! I love in-shop secrets!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

It's made of people!

One of my favorite things about reddit is that as soon as someone says something positive about a company or corporation, there are 10-50 very detailed explanations about how they're disgusting, soul-crushing, garbage employers, spelled out in excruciating detail by current/former employees, with all the gruesome minutiae.

I harbor a hatred for authority, and it feeds it like wildfire!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 1, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Typical Southerner. Go back to CSA, Dandy.

I can't quit you, Hellsau!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Does a Cracker Barrel gift card work in the store, though? If I could load up on olde-timey candies and poo poo, I'd skip the gold...

Son, if you've got a CB gift card, you better go buy yourself a jar of old-time shitberry jam and a pack of pancake batter that'll gather dust.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To say nothing of the fact that the -122-54 is a 'rare' tank, so you'll be hunted by the other team mercilessly - especially by the arty.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to grind out the Soviet and US tokens and spend :10bux: x 4 to just get the WZ-111. That'd make it $50 (since I bought the Japan token last month/year) for quite possibly the best T8 premium in the game tied with the Type 59.

Did you miss out on the Type 59?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

loving hell Shadow of Mordor takes forever to download. Just went on a Steam spree!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Sky helper :mil101:

Thank you. At least someone has some sense in this thread.

Juffo loves his 155 58, and there's no denying it can be good. But why gently caress around with 1250 damage shots (at best) when you can go whole hog one shots in a 261, GWE-100, or a 53/55 (the CGC really lost its luster with me.) Plus, with that autoloader on the 155 58 you might miss!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Why don't you like the CGC any more?

It's just inaccurate. I do much better damage in the 261 and 53/55. The firing arc, while much better than the 261, just isn't that great.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I see how it is.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Dalael posted:

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

It's not a thing when there's one or two, but when there's three arty per side you better shuffle. There's always that rear end in a top hat.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

What mod, I'm aware of no mod that does it unless. Tracers don't show up unless you specifically look at an area anymore. And you have to be in arty view to see them then. If there is a mod that does, it should be escalated to wargaming's support because that is against the eula. I completely miss the days of full on tracer though. Those were beautiful.

Arty tracers are still a thing, Juffo.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Better update the cheats bro

How else can I be gud@tonks

[e]: EE, can you post this in the OP?

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 7, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Yep.

"Oh why is it dying?

Lol,

Cause you can get this sick rear end mod where you don't even have to try!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 8, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Better update the cheats bro

How else can I be gud@tonks

[e]: EE, can you post this in the OP?

So I can guess that's a no on the update? Just trying to get a reading on goons cheating or not.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Uhh, did something change with arty in 9.5?

Because arty seems to be a bigger issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tnjh3dZw4

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I just can't giggle harder

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah, gently caress fast firing highly accurate arty. That poo poo is the worst being able to react quickly to the battle with the confidence that you will actually hit what you are aiming at.

The 261 is my favorite tier X arty as well. The CGC is made of sads and missed shots.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I was in a Price is Right mood Juffo, gently caress you! <3

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Don't be so tsundere baka*

T/N Note - baka means idiot.

You know it's only a short drive for me to shoot you in the face, Hellsau-san.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Is battle assistant included in OMC or Aslain's because I'd like to try it out but can't find it in there.

Whatever I'll stop being a lazy rear end and just do it manually.

It's included in Aslain's yeah.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I keep a bible on the dash of my arty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S00y75ebq8

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that fucken oath Aussie?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

GC, 261, M53/55 and sometimes the Batchat arty are what are used in CW right now.

I am a heathen, so I never run AP with my 261.

Nothing heathen about that.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

We play this game

At least you have that sexy accent.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

After reading 10+ pages of /r/tumblrinaction, I now refer to training room furries as the "weremacht" and feel that "stat-whores" are now "cis-winrate shitlord-kin haters."

It was a rabbit hole.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Dandy, you know what we must do soon.

Hit me up! Just got back from vacation.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Jaguaratron made the most clutch shot in his 261 to win us the game. It was pretty amazing to watch!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Axetrain posted:

I'll ask this to Southern Dandy. Are you, if at all, getting counter shot more often whilst playing arty since these missions have begun?

Things are about the same. If you're up against one arty you won't be CB'd. The more arty there are the higher the chance of some rear end in a top hat trying to kill you. With 3 arty per side it's pretty much guaranteed.

Always move after you shoot. I've been caught a few times being lazy, and it's embarrassing. You have nothing else to do for all those seconds after you fire, so you might as well shoot and scoot.

I think the rule is 2.5 heavy lengths (by that I mean figure 2.5 E100 lengths) to avoid a splash from a major arty firing gold, but I'm not really up on the finesse of things nowadays.

Oh and always assume your counterparts are firing gold. Even if you aren't firing it, most pub arty players aren't primarily arty players and will always fire gold as they are playing a "special occasion" tank. This means higher splash damage which is why you should shoot and scoot!

If you see a dedicated arty player on the enemy team, and they have more than two arty, beware. That fucker is gunning for you.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 21, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Oh, we haven't had an arty discussion/whine for the last 10 pages, so I guess it is that time of the month again.

Battle assistant is great for 2 reasons.
1: It is a graphically nicer interface for arty than the top down one.
2: It is easier to see what you can hit or not, which makes trick shots harder.

Besides that, arty is the same i.e. highly irregular and you can't carry for poo poo. You are still stuck with 30-40s reloads with horrible accuracy and where actually hitting something is down to RNGesus.
Arty is even more frustrating to play with a bad team than light tanks.

Interestingly, I have a harder time to judging tank speeds with Battle Assistant compared to the top down view.

Top down view is still very effective

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Cardiac posted:

For an arty sperg like you Dandy.

Flirting will only make me happier!

[e]: Like if you to get a quick shot off, top down is best versus BA.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 21, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Battle Assistant just makes you less likely to waste a shot that's almost certainly going to hit some terrain you aren't seeing properly in top down, it doesn't increase your accuracy in any way. Night before last I was firing my GW Panther at a stationary T-54, and the shell kept going over him. Each time I'd drag the reticle a little further forward, and it would still go over him, up to the 8th and final shot where I aimed so that the T-54 was just outside the back of the reticle and the shot still went long over the top of him.

I may have tunnel visioned a little, but that fucker should have been dead.

Son, we need to work on your firing patterns.

You don't shoot where they are, you shoot where they're going to be. Or your best estimation of that.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 21, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

OSad posted:

Man, this 4000 spotting damage light mission is no joke.

That's seriously like, once every hundred-and-fifty games for me. That's a lot of spotting to just get on a whim.

I was chatting with Desuwa on the teamspeaks earlier, and after a point, you just have to let the mission come to you, and not you come to the mission.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Their own fault for wasting free xp skipping a good tier 7 :colbert:

I don't understand what you're saying without dot matrix printer noises preceding your posts.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

- .... . / -- ..... ...-- -..-. ..... ..... / .. ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / .. -. / - .... . / .... .- -. -.. ... / --- ..-. / .- / --. . -. - .-.. . -- .- -. / --- ..-. / - .... . / ... --- ..- - .... I thought the Sturer Emil was a perfectly fine TD at tier 7 if you played it like the ISU

Finally it all makes sense!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

I'm glad to see the dispersion thing getting fixed some. There are a few t10 tanks that have decent armor if it wasn't for some obnoxious small weakspot that even a jp-100 or brit 183 variants could shove a shot into without question. On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

Also, the crew thing makes me extremely excited. I can recycle some of my t10 loaders into commanders with their two skills. IE, I can recycle them into sixth sense wielding commanders when a new branch is released without wanting to stab my eyes out training up such a crew. The loss of a loader to just 100% is really not that noticed. Radio operator too, but I don't think I have many radio operators in my t10 tanks.

Don't be glad. This is an arty nerf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Valle posted:

I don't see how this is a problem.

I'm going to punch you in the face.