Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ensign Expendable posted:

2PAC: Babbyland. Previously known as "Don't give a Foch", and then cruelly renamed by a corrupt moderator, they are out for justice. Does not do clan wars, does not require tier 10s, join if you want to play with goons. Currently recruiting

2PAC is once again known as Don't give a Foch, Babbyland is ancient history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

Also if some goon wants to send me an invite code to do that referral stuff just send me a PM, I'll give you my e-mail to send the invite.

What server are you on? NA or EU?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Atal Vataman posted:

hopefully NA considering the anime remarks...

Chumbly needs a soulmate.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Axetrain posted:

He's a euro though. Just tell him his mod is faulty because you only shoot 110% gold.

"Just bought all this gold from a credit card my 14-year old brother nicked and gave to me. That's the best thing about us Romani, we always get help from our own family".

It will piss off any vaguely right wing euro to no end.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

maev posted:

Scrap that debate then, what about the light tank route? These missions are forcing me down terrible paths I've never been before.

American light tanks are currently OP as gently caress, so get a Chaffee, T37 or M41 and have fun. Although, don't waste time because they will be nerfed in the next patch.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

Would people be interested if I posted Swedish archive stuff here? I go every week, sometimes twice a week, and I'm up to like 10000 pages of documents now so there's no shortage of content.

:justpost:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rorac posted:

What the gently caress are you doing, it's a pretty good TD. Unless you have like 10 games in it there's no real reason to have a WR that low.

When I bought my Tiger I, I had 0% WR in first 21 battles. Battle 22 was my first win :smith:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

I heard you'll be able to pick a name for your bote that other people can see as well so you can be HMS Warspite.

I'm conflicted about not being able to name ships whatever you want. On one hand, I'll never drive USS Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall but on the other hand, there won't be a ton of WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK shitlords.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Animal posted:

:hfive: sup Iain M Banks buddy

After today we can argue that Just Read the Intructions and Of Course I Still Love You are historical ship names.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In tank news, Otto Carius passed away today.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

In all fairness, Bismark and Tirpitz were the most powerful warships of their time.

Not when Nagatos, Richelieu, KGV and Nelsons exists. Also, North Carolina is only a few months younger than Bismarck and is so advanced compared to it that it's not even funny.

German surface fleet was a bad joke.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

They're all pretty garbage. I sold all mine for the slots and the credits. Keep them for bragging rights and/or in the hope of a massive buff to make them fun to play.

Tetrarch is amazing, and T7 CC is pretty good as well. Both are keepers.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ledif posted:

Pretty sure it was a part of holiday sales for EU. I remember being sad NA didn't get it then.

Yep, it was.

Also, AMX CDC is loving amazing.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

Like FCM amazing?

I haven't played FCM outside of the test server, but it feels even better. It is significantly faster and more mobile, but has less RoF. Also, it has no preferential MM so there's that.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Atal Vataman posted:

also, i skimmed through ftrs writeup of the CDC, and it doesnt sound like what ive heard about the tank at all. it just doesnt fit with the gameplay videos ive seen of the at all. apparently its actually slow or something according to ftr. "30 kmh uphill is slow, it turns super slow, 57 kmh with super acceleration is slow" wtf. it looks like a really good leo pt on t8 damnit.

I'm actually wondering is SS is really playing the same game as the rest of us. Also his "teardown" of WoWS was hilariously wrong.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

Does anyone have any experience running tanks in portrait mode? I switched my monitor today and got mini-tanks. It's like WoT reversed the aspect ratio for the game graphics, yet all the fonts for text are normal:

t69:

Battle start:

It's like eggplanes but with tanks.

BRB sending my idea to Hasegawa.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is impressive as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz9NzpkrQ8

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If he answers I will forward him to our Complaint and Pubbie Relations department:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I found the worst pubbie.

Look at his winrate and weep.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

Are the next two any good? I'm going up the line anyway because it's a t10 I don't have unlocked but this Challenger is giving me headaches with how inept it seems to be at everything.

I really, really like the Charioteer. It is basically a Cromwell with L7 at tier 8.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rothmog posted:

I will give you gold if you get him in a platoon, get him to post the video of your match, and it is a win and he plays better than you!

Who accepts the challenge??

I'm tempted to register NA account just for this.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

I remember when that video came out. Was proud to be a goon.

Got a link to that video?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I got a steel wall in a Lorraine once.

Get good.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A tier 6 Tiger premium is free money for Wargaming, and I am amazed they didn't make one sooner.

I'd buy premium soviet capturedTiger with D-10T in a heartbeat. Also, whine from the wehraboos would be glorious.

Weren't there some renders of captured german tanks shown a year ago or so? What happened to those anyway?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rutkowski posted:

Really? I get no results when I search for that.

Channels disappear when server restarts. If there's no channel named "Goons" when you log in, feel free to make one. Someone will join.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DonkeyHotay posted:

the tier 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all really good in that line what the neck?

Challenger is one of the worst tanks in the game. Rest are fine though.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Infected posted:

Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J is on sale on the EU server. RIP playing Tier 3 in the future.

Of course, in a 100€ package with 30,000 gold. So I wouldn't fear too much.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay, it's quite small sample size, but :wtc: anyway:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uranium 235 posted:

How good is the B2? It only sees tier 4, right? Seems pretty good.

B2 as a tank itself is meh, but the fact that is sees only tier 4 makes is single most OP tank in the game.

Get one ASAP.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is Object 263 worth it? I have it researched and all but can't be arsed to buy one because I'm not a fan of T10 gameplay. However, 263 is Top of the Tree on EU and on 30% discount, so I'm wondering is it any good and how does it stack with other T10 tank destroyers?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Now to learn about the most anticipated tank in the new patch. That's the Somua, right?

Unironically this.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

subhelios posted:

You also have GiantHurtBall. Please explain that person to us.

Same person.

Also, I don't think Chumbly drinks. Which makes it somehow even worse.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
All joking aside, Chumbs is pretty chill to platoon with.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn the AMX CDC is helpless piece of junk. Camo of a planetoid with no accuracy whatsover.

Don't spend money or gold on it.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

How many players play on the EU server during EU Prime?

From three minutes ago (it's 9 PM here)

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Characteristics:

Tier: 8 MT
Hitpoints: 1400
Engine: 460 hp
Weight: 35 tons
Power-to-weight: 13,14 hp/t
Maximum speed: 40/16 km/h
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Turret traverse: 43,8 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,151/2,397
Viewrange: 390
Radio range: 750

Hull armor: 50,8/38,1/?
Turret armor: 63,5/63,5/?

Gun: 105mm D1504 L/51
Damage: 390/390/480
Penetration: 200/250/53
ROF: 4,469
DPM: 1743,1
Reload: 13,425
Accuracy: 0,345
Aimtime: 3,07s
Depression: -5/+15

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/sherman-revalorise-aka-super-sherman.html#more

I really want this. Also I want D-25T armed Sherman, pretty please WG? It's at least somewhat historical.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Crucial question about new premiums - does Rudy comes with a dog as a crew member, and if yes, what position is he on?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blindeye posted:

It even explains why so many tanks seem to have me beat on view range.

Yes, I wonder why you, Blindeye, got beat on view range :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

A DPM advantage of a whopping 82.4 damage/minute. Why, that's a huge advantage right there. I'm sure you'll be able to DPM race a T10 medium shooting HEAT straight through your mantlet much better with that gun.

T32's mantlet is pretty much immune to everything except Jagdzilla shooting HEAT and hitting dead on. It laughs at T10 meds shooting HEAT.

We used 90mm APCR firing T32s in T8 tournaments and it works pretty well there, however randoms are a different story.