Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Do you not have replays enabled or something? Stop withholding the goods, you know we're interested. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Vents are not good. The most substantial bonus they provide is to view range and reload time, but way less than optics and rammer would. Class 1 & 2 vents are cheap at least, but Class 3 are ludicrously expensive.

The Chaffee is probably still a money sink, unless you're really good.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Infected posted:

The shots in Winter mode arc so much that you can actually shoot over blocks if your target is away far enough, basically everything is arty in it.

I do that every time in the Mammoth if contact has been made on the 4 line. Your shot speed is also more like walking speed so you need your targets not to move, and pubbies usually oblige, seemingly oblivious to getting rained on. After a few salvos, you can charge in, get the rest of your damage, and get out.

Oh, that reminds me. Imagine Karl with Battle Assistant.

:getin:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
:siren: There is actually a reason for playing to win in Winter mode! :siren:

If you play the Arctic Fox. You get 1875 xp and 10750 credits on a loss where you do enough healing on your team mates, and 2250 xp and 13000 credits if you win. I think the condition is 1000 or 1500 hp, you seem to get nothing for healing more. This is documented nowhere as far as I can see.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
There is a ludicrous amount of tier 8 premiums and a few lower tiers in the works right now, and supposedly none of them will have pref. matchmaking. They know their audience too, France will now have a medium crew trainer, and Japan, UK and USSR will be getting much better ones, so the vehicles will sell themselves despite having regular matchmaking.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
I haven't played since before 9.6 came out, have pubbies gotten personal missions out of their systems yet?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

mikemelbrooks posted:

Oh Zlobivydecko what a good idea!

He's, uh, not bad. WR over 30 games is totally meaningless. Maybe he got permabanned from the RU cluster?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/98-ct/

Looks like a lot of tanks are getting buffed for 9.8, a lot of them long overdue, some of them pretty odd(Nashorn? KV-13 again??). Ungimping the turret traverse on the 3002D is the big takeaway for me, though.

Some major buffs for the Churchill Garbage Carrier, too, but literally nobody plays it.

Also:

quote:

Reworked tips on battle loading screens

loving finally.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
3002db is really good tbh

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
I just got an email from wargaming about some "Match-up Melee Tournament". Apparently they've had these before, and all teams are randomly assigned. :stare:

Like, does this work like I think it does? Pure dumb luck if your team even remembers to show up, or speaks the same language, or knows what left click does?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Storm was quoted saying they will be "stressful" to drive, so expect poo poo mobility (as you should) and poo poo gun bloom. They are all huge box tanks, too. Good thing I don't have a spare Japanese crew around, I won't be tempted.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Okay, just bought the AMX CDC on sale, pimped it out, got a new female crew on it, let's see what this baby can do.

I gotta ask though, is it prone to getting set on fire from the front, or does it have big engine and gas tank hitboxes? I'm thinking of running Coffee on it.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

M.C. McMic posted:

I haven't been set on fire yet in the CDC, but the ammo rack gets damaged quite often.

Could you post this replay? I'm curious to see how you played El Halluf. (If anyone else has any good CDC replays, feel free to post them up too)

I'm improving, but I'm still terrible in the CDC.

Sure. It's less of an example of stellar play and more of an example of pubbies studiously ignoring me, though.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2090456?secret=0a15bd786fd1328dfb66c6987933e592

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
It's no worse than any of the other tier 7 roadblock/free exp bait tanks.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
I really want the 113, but that would mean suffering through the WZ 111-4 so :flaccid:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
They're probably gonna shitcan the emblem crap at this point. Like horns. They swore up and down horns were happening too, until they were quietly shelved.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

I love the marketing blurbs they're trying to sell the tank with. "carries the same 75mm gun that other M4 Shermans do", sure, all normal Shermans can technically mount the Lee gun. "adds angled armor to both its turret and hull", while having less effective armor than the M4A2E4, lol. Also it sees tier sevens because low tier premiums having restricted matchmaking was such a probleahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I haven't played in weeks and I feel like a new man.

I haven't played since last year. Speaking of, does the NA server not have the welcome back missions currently (https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/11/28/90-days-without-wot-missions-for-premiums/) or does logging on to the website count as being "active", because I'm pretty sure I've done that.