Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I guess I should save up and buy the fv4202 and/or fv215b just in case they do something interesting for the owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

It's better than camo on a heavy or firefighting, but it should be your third or fourth crew skill.

It seems nice enough on arty, though - my FV304 crew has BIA to push the reload time as low as possible.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Burt posted:

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

I just had one with 26 T8 heavies, 2 T9 heavies, and 2 T7 mediums, evenly distributed (also on EU). Perfectly enjoyable. :)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 28, 2014

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Goddamn, warcrimes, that's quite the title.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

And in bad decision news, I just bought a FV4202 as my first T10.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Saint Celestine posted:

:catstare:

You're gonna have a bad time.

Ha, I'm kind of prepared for that. Seems like a fun tank in isolation - drives well, good gun. Shame it melts quickly and seems to be significantly less value to a team than an equally good E100 (or whatever) ... but so far I actually enjoy tooling around in it. :)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

WitchFetish posted:

"ok, so who else thinks that Putin should annex Poland?"

drat. That really should have gotten a few responses.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The second gun is way better - it's got the same "gently caress you and your idea of cover"-arc the FV304 is famous for, and a rather decent fire rate/accuracy.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

MoraleHazard posted:

For getting gud, is it smarter to stick with, say one Tier V or Tier VI tank, or perhaps play only one type of tank like mediums? I tended to jump from heavy to TD to light kind of as I felt like it, but playing a map in a TD or in a medium could be very different. Right now I'm doing just one class of tank in an evening so yesterday it was all mediums.

I've found I play best if I stick to a single tank for a bit - it takes a little while to get back the intuitive feeling of how to drive it and how long your reloads are and the like. Of course, if you get sniped by a TD in the 2nd minute of a 14:30 match, that's not going to happen, but at least try to stick to a small selection.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Quote is still not edit.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 16, 2015

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Given the judging, I'm imagining a list of specific complaints, leading to a tinder profile like "I like long walks and fun. Also, if you don't know how to properly scout, or how to use terrain in a Soviet TD, GTFO. "

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

maev posted:

Will my FV304 be good enough for all the arty missions? Also someone point me to a good light tank, I have literally none after 7k games :<

Depends on the mission, I think? The ones with very specific requirements ("kill a light") seem ideal for it, while the ones with a damage requirement seem easier in something higher-tier.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The curse and blessing of arty is that you get an unusually good strategic overview.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

mmkay posted:

Personally the best thing about the 9.6 mentioned in the video is the ability to recycle those drat Radio Operators into something useful.

What exactly are they adding? The possibility of retraing any crew to a different role, or?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

NTRabbit posted:

It is, you're right. Could roleplay Blucher, sunk in a fjord by a torpedo and an officer both made for service in WW1 :v:

It gets better. The torpedoes were made for the Austrian (OK, Austrian/Hungarian) navy, by a company that invented the modern torpedo. So it was literally sunk by the oldest possible torpedoes in the world.

I have a nice crystal thing with a blob of bunker oil from Blücher sitting at my parents' house, incidentally: I did a work placement week in high school with the Norwegian EPA, and they had them made to commemorate them draining the wreck of oil sometime in the '90s.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Nordick posted:

I'd totally play an armoured train in WoT, that way I could just double tap R and roll forward while holding the LMB at enemies.
:golfclap:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Cippalippus posted:

I'm still not quite sure about what's the best way to play the Churchill III, by the way.

Sit back with arty and carefully snipe things.
It's a premium, so of course you want to maximize income by not risking any repairs, and making sure you hit every shot.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Aramoro posted:

Winning is irrelevant though, so healing shells are irrelevant. Get in, do your damage and get out.

I take it healing doesn't count towards "damage done"?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Fat Jesus posted:

You can't use just any flatbed to shift those, dummies. You'll need a lowloader, or a crane to get the fucker on and off.
Ok, how about this?

1) Repair, refuel, hotwire tank
2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

Point 1 might take a bit of time, ofc.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

SoUncool posted:

The driver's hole and the turret are linked by a tunnel that is only accessible if the turret is turned 90 degrees off the right of the tank.

Please tell me there's a safety interlock to disable turning the turret while someone is in that tunnel?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Agrajag posted:

I hate to admit it but I think I have to say I like the Comet. Even without the top tier gun it performs rather well. I still don't care what anyone says about the Cromwell, I hate it.

They're more different than they first appear, yeah. I like both, but not for the same reasons.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

MoraleHazard posted:

Is the Comet the "good player" tank? Agrajag got over 2400 in damage and 4 kills and only got 2nd class mastery.

I ... think so? It's easy to do badly in it (thin armor, low alpha), but if you're very good it can be rewarding (excellent turret shape, good gun depression, and IIRC decent pen/precision/dps; fairly mobile).

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

They are giant and have bad side armor. Pubbies think bouncing a shell once means their entire tank is bulletproof, so they'll wander into the Himmelsdorf courtyard and get mega-hosed from all sides.

It's also incredibly slow, which leads to suicidal "gently caress me I just want something to happen" charges (for sad values of "charge").

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

It seems to be live, though - someone beside me just got blown up in a shower of glitter and rainbows.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

guidoanselmi posted:

So I was trolling people last night to meet me underwater and that WOT was going to have an underwater tanking component soon.

Somehow I nailed their april fools: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/waterworldoftanks/?emst=UWhVUBGkp6_52992_312679_47

Huh, on EU we got this one.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mans posted:

Why did they remove the T14 and TOG from the store?

The speculation is that they don't like the special MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mesadoram posted:

Just got the T9 Italian TD and that grind for the top gun is straight bullshit.

Anyone play with the buffed T7 French heavy?

You are free now...

I stopped playing around the time they introduced the German WTF100 TD line, and I still check this thread now and then. You may stop playing, but you're never entirely free.

(Of course, I play Planetside these days. It's unique and compelling, but really janky, in a way that produces similar mixed feelings.)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 11, 2022