Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Magres posted:

E: vvvvvvv I'm almost positive that model is outdated, because they changed how non-penetrating HE hits are modeled at some point.

I think it is for the current system although to be honest I only skimmed it. The old model was basically just "you always deal half damage minus their periscope/roof armor and also all their poo poo breaks". it was better. bring it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Wait can you actually activate a sound when someone switches to HE or fires HE? Because I might need to do something about that.

World of Tanks\res\audio\

he_armor_not_pierce_huge.fsb
he_armor_not_pierce_large.fsb
he_armor_not_pierce_main.fsb
he_armor_not_pierce_medium.fsb
he_armor_not_pierce_small.fsb
he_armor_pierce_huge.fsb
he_armor_pierce_large.fsb
he_armor_pierce_main.fsb
he_armor_pierce_medium.fsb
he_armor_pierce_small.fsb
he_critical_hit_huge.fsb
he_critical_hit_large.fsb
he_critical_hit_main.fsb
he_critical_hit_medium.fsb
he_critical_hit_small.fsb

Have fun!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Should've capped faster!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

Also I know I'm late with this, but... is the Panther 88 the stupidest premium ever, or is it just me?

That honor still goes to the Sexton I.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

They have the same level of access to the extensive archives at Bovington though. Probably even better access, what with the Bovington guys being super chill about everything, whereas Kubinka is on a military base and all the WW2 tanks are still top secret, plus Russia is currently making GBS threads the bed

Careful - do you really want 27 Centurion variants? quiet rossmum

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Captainplankface posted:

Has anyone gotten the Panther 8.8 yet, how is it? Apparently it's mobility soft stats are great, making it just as if not more mobile than the FCM. Good job on the transparency wargaming :doh:

It's extremely similar to the Panther II. And 0,8 med passability is nice but it's not a miracle worker so I'm a bit skeptical about it keeping up with a tank with more than 40% extra hp/t.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

^^^ my favorite part is the (19:44) clarification. In case 7:44 PM was confusing.

rockopete posted:

Max gun depression in the 8.8 is -5 vs -8 for the Warcrime.

Max gun depression is 7°. It's 5° in a 40° frontal arc and 4° in a 70° arc backwards.

Those extra degrees you can get by pointing over the corner do come in handy. Just look at the E-50.

Prav fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 31, 2014

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

James Garfield posted:

The best part is that he didn't mention the time zone. :v:

I'm getting flashbacks of arranging FPS matches with people who say GMT when they mean "whatever timezone it is in England now".

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

A modelswapped VK36 would probably sell.

And since WG's policy on standard-tanks-as-premiums has shifted from "no" to "$49,98" we'll probably see it eventually.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

What exactly is PZMOE?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rossmum posted:

gently caress whoever designed these missions.

What did HT mission 4x15 end up at anyway?

fakedit: <key>damageDealt</key><key>potentialDamageReceived</key></plus><greaterOrEqual> 14000 </greaterOrEqual>

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Bummer that they're just changing the VR on TDs. And the FCM36 is conspicuously absent from that list. It's good to be a premium, I guess.

Also:

FTR posted:

- some light tanks rebalanced: M41 and T37 nerf [...]

Well that's just completely out of left-field.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Oh poo poo, they got the Alecto

:rip:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Descar posted:

i like the spg-7 mission, says you need to kill an arty, but you have to kill a TD to finish mission :)

You'd think that the translators would know the difference between an SPG and an AT-SPG by now.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, none of the individual mission reward tanks have the increased profitability perk that 'bought' premium tanks do.

A separate category for standard-earning premiums would be nice.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

You could play your first game blindfolded and still do better than half the players in the match. Jump right in.

Get in a platoon later to get some advice from experienced players dumped on you.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Big honking Q&A from Storm. FTR. Mostly stuff we already knew. Also SS won't cover WoWS any more so hopefully someone less terrible will do that eventually. :toot:.

quote:

- it’s “completely possible” that Italy and Sweden will get completely independent trees

I want to believe.

quote:

- roaming was cancelled. The reason is the inadequacy of Russian server players, who would abuse it to screw with battles on other servers. There are however also problems not related with RU behavior – mass migrations might harm server stability.

How many times has this been canceled now? Just make it premium only and flip it on. It'll be fine.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Wait, what? I thought they said there was no time limit on the missions.

That should still be the case. They want to add a new set of tanks and missions every six months or so (wargaming time) and they never expire.

We'll see how it ends up but there hasn't been an EOL date set or anything.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rockopete posted:

I'm not sure what to make of this. Has there been any other word of WG ditching preferential matchmaking? Or is SS perhaps translating badly?

Not as far as I can remember, but I have noticed that they're not really adding any new soft-MM T8s either (thank god).

I guess they've realized that having soft MM on half the T8 tanks in the queue means that playing the other half is not only miserable, but also creates a vicious cycle of no one wanting to play standard T8s because they just end up in T10 which leads to an even larger portion of the standard-8s ending up in T10, etc etc - and on top of that the soft-8s end up preying on T6-7 tanks.

They probably should do something about the KV-5, IS-6 et al but I'm pretty sure that they won't. Maybe some of them will be removed from the store in an eternity or two.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

+1/-1 matchmaking solves all these problems and makes the game more fun for everyone.

The move to +-2 did more than enough damage :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Animal posted:

What is the precedent for when WG removes a lovely tank like the Awful Panther and you have it in your garage with halfway XP to the next tank? Do they give you the credits and the XP as free XP?

It's straight swapped, so if you've got, say, an AufPanth with 3500 exp, elite tracks and top gun but stock turret it turns into a SpähPz with 3500 exp, elite tracks and top gun but stock turret. You might get a small refund if there's some module that doesn't match up 1:1.

I'm not sure that I'm really looking forward to the swap. For all the AufPanth's flaws, it does have personality.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

Wait so what's the awful Panther being replaced with?

That tin can above. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%E4hpanzer_SP_I.C.

90 mm gun, no armor, high hp/t, and a really small size. It'll probably just be a Ru 251 that someone cut in half.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cardiac posted:

On the other hand, I guess we can't go wrong with more variants of the Centurion.

:sweden:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Those are some incomplete supertest WIP. I wouldn't spend too much energy analyzing them.

Also going from 0,08 to 0,12 turret bloom isn't a big deal.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

McGavin posted:

I'm almost convinced that when a tank takes damage that should kill it completely it gets a saving roll that gives it a 5% chance of leaving it alive with one HP instead. How much more often do you see tanks with 1 HP compared to tanks with 2 HP?

Maybe it sets <10 HP tanks to 1 HP :tinfoil:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The 8.6 changes went way too far. I'm glad that they're finally tuning it down a bit.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infected posted:

For the nice price of 600 gold, no silver option.

Yeah that's a ripoff. Guess I'm firing my radio guys after all.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it.

21 cm AP is hilarious and you should at minimum carry a few for shotgunning. It can also be very rewarding for stuff like west-side Himmels.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infected posted:

So any bets on how many patches it'll take before WG takes back the accuracy nerfs and changes the formula again?

If it goes live it'll probably stick, the question is if it ever gets off the test server. It wouldn't be the first time they back down on a good change because of pubbie public outcry.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Gervasius posted:

I'm conflicted about not being able to name ships whatever you want. On one hand, I'll never drive USS Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall but on the other hand, there won't be a ton of WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK shitlords.

We'll have to put up with WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK anyway since he'll have that as his username as well.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The counter to an enemy fastcap is to cap theirs first.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I keep running up >10k damage rounds in the winter battles and I feel a little bad about it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

He also neatly demonstrated what happens to your ship when you sail within BB secondary range to actually get those torpedo hits.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

unless the gun handling is terrible or something, it sounds like something i'd love.

The gun handling is fairly mediocre at 0,2/0,16. It's a pretty painful combo with the super-fragile turret since you'll miss a bit too often if you just do a split-second peek, Patton-style.

It sure does move fast though.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

Better, worse same as the fcm?

Same tracks, but the FCM has a stabler turret. 0,2/0,12. Not a massive difference, but still noticeable.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Wade Wilson posted:

Are the repair rounds worth loving around with for the silver cost in the goofy block tank mode?

Heal 1k HP (~5 shots) and you get an extra 250/500 exp for a loss/win in the Arctic Fox. I'm not sure if it works in the other tanks. And if you want to go maximum tryhard I'm sure there's all kinds of tactics you could cook up, but, well, why bother? Making red tanks explode is more fun than making green tanks not-explode.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Chibi-chibi T69.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

World of Tanks chibi-mode howto:

open %appdata%\wargaming.net\worldoftanks\preferences.xml
locate the <aspectRatio> tag
change <aspectRatio> to a little over 1,5 times what you had before (i went from 1.600000 (16:10) to 2.6)
enjoy

This could probably also be used to run the game in portrait mode but really now just look at that T69 :3:

e: uh, just don't ask me how to get the AR back to something reasonable.
ee: wait, it's fine it's just my expectations that are screwed up from looking at 2,6:1 for too long

Prav fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think there's any shortage of americans who absolutely have to play their granpa's ship the USS Full of Semen or englishmen nostalgic for the good ol' days of empire (which totally wasn't crumbling at the time).