Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Where do goons hang out to play WOT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I just came back after +2 years and holy crap the czech tanks are awesome.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Hellsau posted:

The tier 6 is great, the tier 9 and 10 are overpowered, but the tier 7 is bad and the tier 8 is horrible. Good luck!

I'm on the T 25 right now What makes the 34/100 so bad? It looks like it should be kinda ok.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Hellsau posted:

Unreliable gun and no big advantages to make up for it, while still retaining the usual Czech weakness of poor armor and low HP.

The tier 8 is so bad that you're better off using the stock turret and not using the top gun so that you can get some DPM and gun depression.

Well gently caress at least the 9 and 10 are good.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Oh my the T 25 is really fun.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Is Russian bias a real thing or just some joke? I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to this game.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Well good thing I have mostly Russian tanks I guess.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Hellsau posted:

And yet, when I start battles by saying, "Players with a winrate below 50% have proven that they are bad teammates and refuse to improve. They should never be top tier - why give them that much responsibility?" I get banned for unsportsmanlike conduct for three days.

I'm bellow 50% and am constantly trying to improve. The World of Tanks community really loves to chest beat over statistics but being in the upper 40%'s isn't that bad. The really bad players are going to be in the lower 40's and the trash players will always be in the 30's. I'm aiming for 50-55 winrate but not being there yet shouldn't mean I never can be.

I mean your quote is so black and white it's not super surprising it got reported but getting banned for that is loving stupid.

my stats:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1001206811-OfficialCopHat/

I'm actually really good at war thunder but recently quit and have been trying to get into this game with a buddy who is sitting at the high 50's (old account).

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 10, 2016

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Based on this: http://www.vbaddict.net/progress/officialcophat-na-321d16cde4d1253fe40393ab2f706f2b I'm on my way to my goal and I'm happy about that I've only been playing again for a month now but I'm getting less poo poo everyday. I think this game is fun and worth the time I put into it I just hope they make some changes to arty soon.

edit:and hire a UX designer.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Are there any good maps for showing where to go for passive scouting?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Darkrenown posted:

:stare: obj 416 is amazing

So with the WG garage filters is there a away to toggle "all but this"? Pretty tired of deselecting every other nation when I only want to see France, for example.

just select France?

then deselect to show all tanks

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

McGavin posted:

Are the boxes under "Special" from a mod? If so, which one?

I honestly don't remember but I'll look into it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Darkrenown posted:

Having no nations selected works the same as having all nations selected? loving hell.

Yeah, it's confusing so I understand at least you know now.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Prav posted:

confusing? that's how it should work

The UI is bad.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I found some recent maps that might help people out:

http://www.o7gaming.com/maps/

https://imgur.com/a/hkkwm

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Wargaming please add this:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
They should just ban all the bad players.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Arty is the worst part of this game.

Well that and people who have stats that are worse then me, even slightly worse.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

BadLlama posted:

I haven't played with any mods in over a year. You will be fine.

Yeah the game is more or less fine without mods, the only thing I NEED is the vert tech tree mod.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Poil posted:

What about people who have worse stats than you and like to play arty? Not that I do those things, nope.

in public firing squad IMHO.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Klaus88 posted:

Where's the list of premium tanks that are worth poo poo again?

Also, RanZarEng's cartoons. :allears:

FCM
CDC
IS6
T-54 mod 1

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Why though as gold tanks go it's not exactly a stand out.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

M.C. McMic posted:

So, with the recent update, supposing I were going to play (I probably won't), is it worth running with mods at all right now? I'd at least like my garage mods like the carousel mod and the auto-return crew/equipment mod.

You will have to wait for mods to update.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
The arty nerf can't come soon enough.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Psykmoe posted:

This is kind of a lovely weekend special. 3x on first win and two missions to earn Brothers in Arms or Crucial Contribution in a platoon. Both missions have '1' in the number of available completions. :effort:

No tank discounts, nothing. Is this the new normal these days?

They don't give a gently caress about NA.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Holy gently caress this arty on my team tried to shotgun me after I said in all chat "gently caress arty players" so I rammed his rear end and flipped him right over.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How do you flip a tank? Just push up against it slowly?

Well you can only do it with some tanks but with my bat poo poo I just ran at him until I was under him then went forward slightly so his tracks were on the ground but still on top of me at the back then just back up.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/august-overview/

Cromwell B is coming back this month.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
p cool Q&A

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/4vbnti/translated_slava_makarovs_answers_from_the_recent/

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

I'm small brain?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
You guys know you get the excelsior for the august tickets right?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
This guy was rude:

sjjsioq hope u get kill in real life
sjjsioq society dont needs kinda poo poo like u

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Control Volume posted:

Where do you find these people and can you send some my way

They love me and I love them.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

It's fixable and I think they have a fairly solid plan in place to get things moving along. It's bad don't get me wrong but the sky isn't yet falling.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

McGavin posted:

Yeah, like the Updated Rules and Violations Policy? I know for a fact that I will be reporting every single person who says or does anything controversial, because I think that them getting a permanent chat ban for "non-derogatory but still offensive insults" and a permaban for "blocking allied tanks" is loving hilarious.

I have less then 10k games played so my opinion is less valid and I'm not as jaded but I still think WG has an interest in fixing the issues with the game.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Just had a game with 4 arty on each side. I think I quit.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Mods were just getting sorted and they break them all again, I can't wait for the next patch in a few days that breaks everything again.

edit: you can fix most mods by renaming the folder in res_mods from 0.9.15.1 to 0.9.15.1.1.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
How not worth it is the PANTHER/M10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Zettace posted:

I tired to stomp on a tank on Westfield mid game but got stuck face first in a weird crevice. However, I somehow came out of that game with no damage received and 3.5k spotting damage since I was stuck in a position where I could see the enemy base. lol

This is how I play as well.