Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Chillyrabbit posted:

Using dynamic crosshairs stabilizes your gunsight so if you hit a bump it doesn't rock up and down. Otherwise I find using a lower senstivity makes you more accurate to drag more mouse to move the crosshair for finetuning.

You can also set sensitivity separately for arcade and sniper mode. I turned mine way down for sniper and keep it pretty high for arcade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Presented without comment, a photographic series;

entitled "Tank Destroyers? Missions? Maps? West."

Had something similar happen yesterday on Erlenberg assault where we were defending. Almost all of our team just followed the river and sat in the middle of the map for some reason, I was the only one to go to the west flank and two TDs sat in the A0 forest. I have no loving idea how but we still won it, between me whittling down 6-7 tanks to low hp after they took it in turns to peek out at me instead of just rushing me and killing me in a few seconds, they then went out one at a time to get destroyed by the TDs in A0. These missions create the weirdest games.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Oh, mine only has the light tree open, the other 3 are all locked, I must have not done something somewhere.

They shouldn't be. The sets of missions to unlock the later tanks will show as locked, but the first mission from each tank class should be available under the missions to unlock the tier 5 TD. There's nothing you need to do or not do for this.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

This was the clutchest defender medal. I had to throw myself between the enemy t29 and amx m4 at the end because otherwise they would cap out, the a-44 on the cap hits me and leaves me at 2hp and I just about get a shot in before he reloads.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Captain Blaargh posted:

I dream of there will be an abundance of carriers named the USS Dick Bong, but I have a feeling WG won't be cool about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmisN0r4c0

Edit:

Oh my god, yeah. These crashes keep getting god damned worse and worse. They really need to fix this. It dies way too often. Last night I had a T1 I had to log back onto in the middle of a match, and I discovered it had made it half way across the map into the town in Live Oaks before blowing up. And I was top tier. :cry:

They can give British ships fruity names and still be historically accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat#Ships

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Winter showdown details are up on the EU page. Event's on for two weeks starting this monday. Depending on how bad the mode is it could be an alright way to train up a new US heavy/russian light/french td crew.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/danieldabel/511003679/

I did it, I found someone with 0 WN8. Not a bot either as far as I can tell, they were playing in a platoon.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Hey, so Winter Showdown tanks is great right guys?

kinda fun but i'm bored of it after 10 games.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

I bounced a shot in the winter showdown, not really sure how.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Kuntz posted:

:siren: There is actually a reason for playing to win in Winter mode! :siren:

If you play the Arctic Fox. You get 1875 xp and 10750 credits on a loss where you do enough healing on your team mates, and 2250 xp and 13000 credits if you win. I think the condition is 1000 or 1500 hp, you seem to get nothing for healing more. This is documented nowhere as far as I can see.

Yeah just tested this out, I got the bonus when I did just over 1k healing in the fox.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Computer viking posted:

Ok, how about this?

1) Repair, refuel, hotwire tank
2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

Point 1 might take a bit of time, ofc.

Nothing is impossible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Z4IOQWNKY

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Viperidae posted:

Try this: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/cbt/game_download/1

I just download it from the member page. It has gone from being the beta weekend page to having alpha info on it for me. Can't see the alpha forums though and I'm still in the weekend tester group on the forums.

(If it doesn't work for you I can upload the installer somewhere for you)

Someone who isn't in the beta try this and see if it works. I wonder if it's just that they let people with beta access into it or if it's accessible from regular wargaming accounts. I don't have any bandwidth allowance until next month or I'd try it myself.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Where do you shoot this thing from various angles? What are the weakspot and how much pen do you need for them?

If you can get any kind of height advantage, the upper plate is really soft if you're shooting down onto it.

From head on, the weld seams are pennable, the gun bubbles are weak spots too if you hit them flush.

The recess behind the gun pivot is tougher than the rest of it from the side too.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 2, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Generation Internet posted:

I'm honestly kind of surprised that they're copying everything down to the unit icons for the various classes, that's pretty ballsy. I am curious if Obsidian can pull off a tank game, since exactly nobody knows them for their superior game-play experiences. Maybe the crew members will have really compelling backstories.

Yeah the alpha footage killed the hype a bit for me. Right now it looks like a faster paced reskinned WoT, and I like the slower pace in WoT. Even the arty aiming circle is identical to WoT. I'm hoping that it's just programmer art and it'll all be replaced before release.

e: went back to look at the jingles video and found goons

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 10, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Atal Vataman posted:

accuracy nerf was completely destructive to the flow of the game. instead of doing fast peeks and firing or shooting on the move, you now have to stop and aim if you are to have any chance of hitting your shots. unaimed shots seems to hit a completely random point within your aimcircle, no bias towards the middle at all. its terrible

:agreed:
Really sucks for the church III because it reloads faster that it aims so you can't just spam fire any more, going to unmount GLD on it since it's pretty worthless. I've had a couple of game losing moments from it so far: tried to reset a cap in my T29 and the closest I could get was so the aim circle just about covered the capping tank except for a few pixels either side, of course three shots in a row went to the extremes of the circle and they capped. Missed a shot from about 15 metres in the open because I wasn't fully aimed in and a few pixels of aim circle weren't covering the tank.

I kind of understand their reasoning for it and when that dispersion diagram showed up it looked reasonable but it's really unfun in practice.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Playing arty is literally one of the most infuriating things in this game. It is boring, its random, you will be constantly shooting at (and missing) psychics, you get poo poo XP, get called a piece of poo poo for hitting, get called a useless piece of poo poo for missing your shots, one scout gets into your base you will be riding the Bone Train to Fuckedville, your team will be assholes and not spot any loving thing until your look somewhere else and did I mention your shots missing all the loving time?

With that being said, arty is kinda important to the game.

I've been doing arty missions today and I've had so many games where none of my shots go remotely close to the centre of the aiming circle. Then I get to the 'damage two tanks in one shot' mission and all my shots start penning when I'm aiming at a group so there's no splash damage. Just did this shot though which is probably my best luck all day:
http://a.pomf.se/opvhtg.webm

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

http://a.pomf.se/gogyvw.webm
one second too late to reset...

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Dukket posted:

I finally installed XVM and started using vbaddict - I was disappointed, but only mildly surprise to find out I'm a tomato :(

Question about Modpack

So, I was using the McGavin's modpack (in the op), then I tried Quickybaby's (meh), someone just mention OCM in a post above.

Pros and cons? Other packs worth looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stick with Quickybabys.

I use Aslains. If you get the installer version it has basically every mod you'd want in it and you can pick and choose to make something that works for you. Pretty much everything has an example screenshot if you click on more details so you don't have to go by trial and error.
https://www.aslain.com

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

have a look at Aslains mod pack, its also updated very frequently

Yeah Aslains upload speed is the reason I use it over OMC. He'll have a workable pack up as soon as a patch drops and he'll constantly update it until everything works with the newest patch. I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're in US since they seem to get patches a bit later than EU.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Overwined posted:

Don't forget the 300m snapshots from KV-2s.

I was in a game last night where 2 successive Luchs died while moving full gallop laterally to the KV-2 on Prok. The first one was an idiot and kinda ran out into the open. Still he was moving at full speed and the KV-2 one-shot him. The second Luchs was much better statistically and I'm sure he thought, "Nah, there's no way that tomato can make that shot again." Again full gallop and again moving laterally to the KV-2 who was in the back corner just off the road. Again, one-shot.

http://www.twitch.tv/circon/v/3825071?t=4h38m40s

From Circon's stream last night. 200m shot from a moving KV2.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 25, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

#JustUnicumThings

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

What mod lets you view arty like this? Is it banned on NA servers?

Battle assistant. And I don't know, I play on EU where they respect our freedoms to use gamebreaking mods.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

Looks like it's gone now. What was it?

Just some girl streaming. But you can see the tiniest bit of cleavage over her high cut top which is a Big Deal and warrants a news post on a high traffic news site.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

What's the most broken tier 6 in the game? I need one for pubstomping platoons.

M6 is my favourite but I haven't played a huge amount of tanks. The gun destroys equal tiers and if you get into a tier 8 game, the gold shell has the same pen as a T32's gold shell.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Did anyone else get into the WoT Generals beta? Just checked my emails and I got an invite today. Looks pretty bad but idk i've never played card games before.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

PirateBob posted:

That FCM 50t gets hit before the reticle is even on him :confused:

replays do that all the time.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

There's only one country worth caring about tho, so he wasn't entirely wrong.

(my other joke would have been about russian marines, but then I remembered I don't know poo poo about them, so welp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elJwuD7pfmc
all you need to know

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Behold, the only right way to play this game

per aspergers ad statstra

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Pro abbey strats
we won

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Serval posted:

I don't usually post anything in this thread because I'm not a great player and I don't have anything to brag about but today...

Sand River, no arties, terribles pubbies:

Old game, but sand river assault with no arty can be a fun 10 minutes of plinking shells off tanks.

Also just had this game. M6 still my favourite tier 6 heavy, it can hold its own in t8 games as long as people leave you alone.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 15, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

rossmum posted:

The E 75 has too many weakspots and too little hitpoints to even have a chance on NA west, because your dumb failed abortion teammates will run away at the first sign of trouble and then you lack the speed to get away or the armour to at least last a while.

Like, I wish I could adequately describe to you lucky souls who play on any other server just how worthless these pieces of poo poo are.

e: wait what? It was a secondary condition, so I got it but the window didn't appear, so I didn't read it in the post-battle window. Nice interface, Wargaming.

Yeah it's a secondary, but you want to get the secondary in the last mission of each class since they give you an extra tank token thing. If you get them all you can skip an entire class of tanks missions.

Ammoracking the best player on the enemy team 30 seconds into the match is pretty great: http://a.pomf.se/qmycbq.webm

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 15, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

rebought my covenanter after watching this and got a mastery badge in the first game. forgot how fun a tank it can be, especially compared to the next tank in the line. What sound mod do you use? It's the first sound mod I've heard that i like.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

http://wotreplays.com/site/1735482#siegfried_line-k_e_m_i-m6

Got my first Radley walters after 3k battles. M6 is so overpowered when it's top tier, the gun just makes things melt, it helped that both sides were full of human garbage too. also check the sick match start time.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

rossmum posted:

Gnomefather's gun and engine sound packs

Just installed these and it makes things so much more intense. Don't think I could go back to vanilla sounds now, I think the shell travel roar is the best part, I never realised how weedy the default sound is.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Good joke WGA copy editor. Also next time low tier prems are on sale, everyone should buy the T14 and probably Pak40. The Pak40 is on a dead research line, but it really does something absolutely unique. The T14 is just a good tier five with preferential matchmaking.

I bought the Pak40 today and got a top gun in my first game, it's a pretty funny tank to play. Luckily I remembered we got given a Foch crew from that 8-bit winter event. I've never played French tanks before and didn't really want to grind up a new 75% crew.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Just going to have an early night tonight I think.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Computer viking posted:

It seems to be live, though - someone beside me just got blown up in a shower of glitter and rainbows.

Yeah I just got mine. You get a rainbow ribbon when you unlock it too.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

TheFluff posted:

These damages are paid for by the German authorities.

hahaha get owned

Yes post more, these are great.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I assume the giant rainbow shower doesn't actually hurt/do anything, other than piss pubs off?

If so, it is the best item ever.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/event-sky-traffic/
code:
Vehicle Tier	Potential Damage

V		150

VI		225

VII		300

VIII		420

IX		480

X		660

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Steelion posted:

I played my IS-8 the same way as my IS-3.Be super aggressive, always shoot things in the face, never expect your armor to do poo poo for you. I had a blast in the thing.

Yeah I love mine now I have all the modules for it, it was miserable before I got the top engine. I play mine really aggressively and it's working out pretty well, second best stats for me after my M6. I generally chill with the main bulk of heavies then use its speed for aggressive flanking as soon as the opportunity arises.