Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

How are the new British tanks? Any keepers? I kind of want a Firefly.

I kind of want a Firefly and I don't even play the game anymore. I don't care how good it is either, I just like having all the iconic tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Why even post that poo poo, it just "I hate the following WG EU staff raaarrggggg". Nothing to do with game news at all, thanks for keeping everyone updated on your likes and dislikes I guess maybe next he could give us a list of his favorite colors.

I'd guess red, white and black.

E: poo poo no, I forgot he only likes whites.

Keksen fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 24, 2014

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleWelp posted:

I have the urge to play my EU account again. Can I get an invite to 2PAC as DWelp?

Might wanna post in the PGS thread too to increase the chances of someone who can invite actually seeing it.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

xthetenth posted:

PvE would be the best thing that happened to tanks. I just want to carebear with like four decent humans.

Isn't Armored Warfare gonna be pretty much exactly that? Whenever it comes out.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
The better question is, why are you shitlords still talking about anything that Czech shitlord posts on his website for shitlords?

E: Basically stop linking to that fuckhead's blog for gently caress's sake.

Keksen fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 5, 2015

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
This wouldn't have anything to do with this,

WitchFetish posted:

Chumbly decided to buy gold and tokens for the current missions, but at some point he forgot which tokens he bought so he doesn't know which nations to grind. GG chumbly

would it?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Most of the people who have been around since early Alpha agree it was too easy once you get the hang of it and making it harder was a good idea.

I was only playing the first beta weekend and my main gripe with the game was exactly this. So them making it harder makes me cautiously optimistic for the future (of mankind).

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
To be fair if you attacked that with a sword you'd be hosed.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

This is the World of Boats thread now :getout:

That'd be fine if people were actually talking about the game or whatever*. Instead they're arguing about things that make Deadliest Warrior look like a documentary.

*Fake edit: Actually it would still be stupid, but less so.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Anyone else able to confirm this, it sounds wooonderful. Not that I would ever play arty, I'm asking for a friend.

I've gotten spotting damage credit for having spotted tanks that then disappeared and got 1-shot by arty 2 seconds later. Apparently there is a short period of time after they vanish where you still share exp with the spotter. So if you want to make this work you're gonna have to wait a little longer and hope they don't move.

Of course WG might have just changed all of this in some patch.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Atal Vataman posted:

hes a 1600er or something, thinks he's tank jesus and gets a huge boner out of making GBS threads on wg. basically: dont listen to him.

So he's 90% of the posters in this thread?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

SoUncool posted:

Driving an Abrams is more like driving a motorcycle than a tractor or a truck. A 1600hp, 72 ton motorcycle.

I know Americans are supposedly fat but how many of them do you have to put in an Abrams to make it weigh 72 tons? :psyduck:

Agrajag posted:

I'd just like to point out that the Abrams is an ugly tank and that the best looking MBT in the world is the Leopard 2A#.

I kind of like how the Type 10 looks.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Agrajag posted:

The Type 10 looks like someone watched too much Gundam movies or something. nvm it seems a lot of tanks look like that now lol but what is up with the mud flaps

Can't have your shiny new tank get dirty now.

SoUncool posted:

wiki is wrong. Abrams weighs on the heavy side of 70 tons, then you add ammo, BII and fuel, it comes just shy of 72 tons.

Yeah, well, that's like, really heavy, man.

C.M. Kruger posted:

The Leopard 2 keeps up the tradition of German tanks being shaped like boxes.

Except even in your picture it isn't, not to mention the A5 and later versions. To be honest, a lot of the non-Russian MBTs look really similar to each other nowadays.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

sarmhan posted:

It's about time the MBT of the French army during the cold war got actually put in-game.

Yeah. About loving time they put more cold war tanks in this game about WW2 tanks. Although to be fair, since they've already put them in for all the other nations it can't make anything worse at least.

Infected posted:

RIP Leo 1 you were to beautiful for this game.

It will forever live on in my heart as the sexiest tank of WoT.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

sarmhan posted:

I mean tier 10 has been early-cold war stuff and paper designs for a long time now. Having an actually heavily used and built tank is better than tanks that never saw service or were never even built. Compared to the other Tier 9-10 french options which are all prototypes that never saw production, having the actual MBT of the french army is great.

You're right. I just think that a lot of those tanks shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. I understand why they decided to put them in but that doesn't mean I can't think it's stupid. And then bitch about it on the internet in an obnoxious way.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

Cruisers. And if a fast cruiser gets behind the lines, it can make mincemeat of both the carrier and her aircraft.

One interesting thing for me playing tanks is learning how the German tanks weren't really that great. They had their strengths, but so many glaring weaknesses as well.

I mean you're right, but I wouldn't go around drawing conclusions about real tanks from playing an arcade game that happens to use 3D models of those tanks.

Except in the case of the Churchill 3, which was the best tank of the war because it went slow but shot fast.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
Guys. Guys. The Comet. It's a good tank, right?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Magres posted:

This is exactly why Scout needs to be removed and a medal for assist damage added.

Patrol Duty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Can the E-50 even mount a short 75?

It can't. I'm guessing he meant the 75mm L/70 which is "short" compared to the L/100. Although I'd love to see an E50 with the stub gun.