Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Everyone on the team clustering up in one corner of the map seems to be a popular 'strategy' in 90% of Random Battles on the EU cluster lately, regardless of vehicle type. And I mean everyone. Nashorn rolling in to headbutt a T-150, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

M.C. McMic posted:

Someone talk me out of buying the Patriot. I'm a complete sucker for premium tanks, and I really wouldn't mind having an American heavy trainer.
Uh, well, it doesn't have particularly great hull armour and the gun's got lower pen & alpha values than the T34, even though the Patriot is overall a far more forgiving and generally better performing vehicle than the T34, and doesn't get danced around by poo poo like the AMX M4 45 and VK45.02P Ausf. A.

If that hasn't talked you out of buying one then I probably wasn't trying.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Unable to play for the foreseeable future but I need to know how "balanced" the Swedish line is. Is it actually workable or have WG worked their Powercreep magic again and turned the high tiers into absolute loving utter team-melting monsters en masse?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

glad to know i made him so mad it carrys with him onto his further battles LOL

Once got some salty post-battle messages from someone I clicked. Next battle he's on my team and immediately tries to TK me before getting blapped by a platoonmate. O lawd!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Acing the Toldi was fun, not least because it required very little base xp.

Still not played the L-60 though, just looking at the gun stats makes me want to pretend I don't even have it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why do we not like german spgs?
Probably because the gun traverse limits are total dogshit on most of them early on. But who doesn't like the Grille? Landing impossible shots with ease makes that thing a wonderful piece of Schadenfreude.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Prok is horrible if you're using the M4 45 in a Tier IX game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Currently grinding through the AMX 12t and I hate it oh so loving much.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I remember it being a little sluggish but if you can conserve your HP until end game you can bring that auto-loader on low health tanks and murder them.
You have to hit the fuckers for that to work though! It's laughably inaccurate while moving (gently caress, even while still it's worse than crap) and the bloom is atrocious.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What are everyone's thoughts on the Swedish lines so far? I'm only up to Tier V on both branches and I can't say I'm terribly impressed with either of them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This AMX M4 45 grind is making me tear my loving hair out.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

mmkay posted:

Use the 105mm with 100% gold and then it's almost bearable, with the exception of the not-quite sufficient speed.
I can't bring myself to waste so much gold/credits on such a poo poo tank though. It's not the long 90mm which I have a problem with anyway, it's the vehicle itself which is just such a loving piece of sado-masochism. No armour, shite speed, no gun depression to the sides, abysmal DPM... I get that not everything can match the Tiger I for RoF or the T29 for pure firepower but this is just an inexcusably bad vehicle. "Let's copy the Tiger II but make it poo poo" is the only way I can sum this thing up.

The real kicker though? I'm outshining my 'team' in Tier IX battles with this bastard.

LOOK AT THIS poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Whats with the censorship?
Dumb rules on the EU forum about 'naming and shaming' players which seems to apply regardless of context, combined the the occasional overzealous mod.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, that's been a thing on all the Wargaming fora for years...except you're not on an official Wargaming forum, you don't have to censor yourself here! :psyduck:
I'd posted the same picture there though! :smith:

Meanwhile on EU server, it's the usual weekend offerings of subnormal players and unbelievably bad matchmaking. Why the gently caress do I even play this again?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What is it about the valley on Lakeville being such a massive retard-magnet? Why does my team keep rushing into the most worthless, slowest place on the map like a pack of spastics during Encounter battles while the enemy goes for the town and gets an easy win? Hair-tearingly frustrating stuff.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

And then I somehow get a Mark of Excellence on the AMX M4 45. This is a tank which does everything possible to frustrate and disappoint me at every turn while delivering a laughable 44% WR in it, yet here I am with a loving white band around the barrel. The average damage on this thing must be absolutely pathetic.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

thylacine posted:

I like when the only scout goes valley then people line up on that hill in the SE too far away to actually shoot anything and sit there until the city is completely overrun.
Just had this happen. Along with our IS-7 falling in the loving lake 15 seconds in.

Atomizer posted:

I also have started grinding the VK45A, which is like the KT but with more mobility, less armor, and a worse gun. Inexplicably, I'm doing better in the VK and it seems to bounce more. :iiam:
I'm also grinding this thing and hating near-enough every goddamned loving moment. Low rolls for penetration and damage every time (scoring ~250 on a gun with 320 average damage because gently caress me for actually hitting something), inexplicably less gun depression on an identical turret and overall it's just something of an all-round poo poo platform.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 15, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

My heart sinks when I see someone on my team with "sniper" in their username.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This game is loving unplayable lately because of this stupid poo poo T25 Pilot marathon.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

--Mission: Get 50k damage--
"oh hey this one's pretty easy"

*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

L-Boned posted:

50K isn't that bad. Just buy the Skorp G and rape pubbies. I freaking love that tank. I throw on +50% creds and 100K is guaranteed every match.

Not available on EU server because *reasons*. I have more than enough vehicles which are theoretically capable of making the mission as easy as breathing, but RNG and lovely MM just seems to have a field day in delaying the process and making it as miserable as possible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress it, just drilled away for the 50k damage with the IS-2 and Löwe. Took longer than it should have but at least it's done, and I got an absolute shitload of credits with it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

How else will I get angry at random people on the internet and go to bed depressed?

I need tanks.

Also, I do enjoy the O-I Experimental but holy gently caress can I not win in it. The second I get spotted I get rained on my arty and gold shells. Then my pubbies fail because they are monkeys flinging poo poo at each other.
Sounds like you're a fellow EU player!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

So today's mission is, 'win 10 battles being among the top 5 XP earners on your team.' Am I going crazy or did we already have the same mission, but top 3 XP instead?

Either way it's Churchill 3 time.
If only the win requirement wasn't there. I'm endlessly being lumbered with "teams" made up of fingerless loving retards and matchmaking which can't balance things in the loving slightest.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

EU goons, are y'all geting markedly more packet loss since 9.17 came out?
Sometimes for horrendous stretches of time. I'll let go of W but nope somehow my tank will just carry on rolling forward and drive up some rocks out in the open.

Today's mission is another pile of loving poo poo; get 30 kills. Sounds easy -- and it should be -- but Wargaming's patented Rigged Number Generator™ is out and about and I'm suddenly missing short-range shots for no reason other than "gently caress you, that's why".

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

There's always some useless loving chai-sniping oval office stealing kills. I loving hate this playerbase.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

Had a battle with a guy named Godarian last night. He was about as good as you'd expect.
I've lost count of how many Rommels/Romels/Romells etc. I've encountered over the years.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ROFLburger posted:

Sand River is a shithole and I hate it
Anyone who likes it is a leper.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I loving hate Sand River more and more with every time I have to put up with it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

As for this marathon, it's making the general playerbase even worse at co-ordination and teamplay, something which shouldn't even be possible when it comes to pubbies.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I love my Soviet IS-2. Everyone else I know who owns one seems to hate it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh, today's going to be a good day...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I buy premium tanks, use them once, then mothball them forever to preserve a bunch of meaningless colours and numbers.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

Got shot by arty? Unsportsmanlike conduct.
As soon as I see anyone on the enemy team using the S-51, it's Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Common Test is live, and it's largely about as fun as pulling your loving toenails out with your teeth (as usual). The changes to Artillery are nice though, far more consistent (and dare I say rewarding) to play.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This loving MM rework can't go live soon enough. Tiger (P) as the sole VII in a IX battle, yeah I had a loving great time!

NotWearingPants posted:

Name three Prince songs that came out after the Purple Rain soundtrack in the mid-80s. You can't do it. Nobody can.
Scandalous, Partyman, Bat Dance.

Here's a fourth; Trust.

What do I win?

JuffoWup posted:

I mostly know him from the music to batman.
Same here. I don't know anything else of his, only all that Batman stuff.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I know it's a terrible idea and generally only ever works against me, but I'm one of those idiots that goes right on ahead and plays new vehicles without immediately spending free xp on the top modules, because in most cases you can at least mount previously unlocked modules which aren't utter poo poo for the tier and grind the rest out without going completely insane in the process.

Then I got to the ARL V39.

gently caress.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So I managed to get "Scout" in a KV-2, on Himmelsdorf of all maps. Let that sink in for a moment; this goes alongside my "Raider" medal which I got while driving the Chinese IS-2 around Redshire.

SocketWrench posted:

Tier 8 battle, nothing lower than a seven

"Hey guys, I'm celebrating a new record. I'm up to 40%!"

"40% what?"

"Win rate"

:cripes:
Oh gently caress.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

I'm genuinely curious what it takes to pitch a 39% WR. We've had the discussion before and general consensus is that if you're at ~43%, you're a detriment to your team and would just generally be better off sitting in spawn doing nothing. What does it take to get 3% below even that?
After 5k or so battles, griefing is almost certainly the cause for this sort of WR. Nobody can be that bad at WoT regardless of how much RNG the game throws around. I'm stagnating on just over 52% WR now after just under 20k battles, although I still get called a retard thanks to often going into full autopilot during long sessions (or when the session is early-on displaying all signs of being an awful loving waste of time that I can't shake myself away from). When I get my usual platoon together we can perform all sorts of subtle carrying antics amid the sea of mediocrity and 44% WR retards infesting the EU servers, but the biggest enemy we have currently is the matchmaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

My Tiger I is cursed; close to 300 games and I can still only achieve 1st Class :smith:

Edit:
And with the recent mini-buff I'm feeling a lot less hostile toward the VK45.02 A. Now that it has half-decent gun depression matching the Tiger II and doesn't have a UFP effectively made of butter for a Tier VIII HT, I can comfortably bait and juke all those dumbass IS-3 players into firing worthless shots which bounce away harmlessly in this frequent game of corridors.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 7, 2017