Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Isnt it also freakin huge?
It's bigger than a Panther II, so yes. It's loving enormous for a medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh great, went blue because some windlowlicking moron drove in front of my Pz. II G mid-burst. Nice job, fucko.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Caernarvon really is a big piece of poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I... I liked mine :(

I've Aced mine, have a 57% WR and one mark on eliting it so I'm clearly doing something right as far as playing this loving RNGfest goes, but it just suffers immensely on nearly any given map. I want to like it as a tank I can rely on but the whole game generally seems to be designed to make it as worthless as possible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mate of mine is grinding through the AT 7 at the moment and hating every loving moment, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for my upcoming AT 8 experience. Meanwhile I've got myself the wonderful AT 15A to train the crew for said AT 8 and toon up with a pair of E 25's in the process, meaning I can double-tap 'R', sod off to get a drink, and come back to find I've bounced several thousand points of damage while returning several thousand points of assist damage.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It *does* bounce things though. You know what pubbies are like, they right-click then hold down left mouse. Easy poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

On one hand this Frontline thing looks amazing because this loving game needs bigger maps at higher tiers.

On the other hand, pubbies will just do their usual loving brainless thing and go racing off to die ASAP before crying at everyone else -- even those using the slowest vehicles -- for not backing them up, except now there'll be twice as many of them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HFX posted:

If they do push out, they go somewhere useless like the beach on overlord while their team gets rolled over.
What is it about the beach that seems to attract IS-3 players so often?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fat Jesus posted:

So what happens to the Type 64 and other prem LT's? I've also got a chaffee, T37, bulldog, 59-16, MT-25 and T-54 ltw all which I play when I actually play so lol me.

No idea if the few premium LT's will suffer as much, but I can see this 'rework' allowing WG to bring back the Awfulpanther as a Tier VI premium with nothing about it changed from whenever the gently caress it was replaced.

Currently grinding the last 100k of the Indien-Panzer and I'm hating it because the MM loving blows.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Paris may well be the absolute loving worst map in anything, ever.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

I mastered the (russian) T-34 in my 5th game in it, in a game where I didn't really do anything particularly impressive.

How terrible are the T-34 players? Or is it because its at tier 5?
Bit of both, really. Many of the newbies rush up the tree while still (and/or staying) crap at the game, and the Soviet medium line is popular for obvious reasons. So you end up being better than 99% of the last two weeks' efforts without really having to do much by default.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Got the O-Ni with this Jap weekend special (EU Server) and there's simply no point in mounting the 10cm Experimental.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Meanwhile Sand River delivers yet another steaming heap of poo poo masquerading as a WoT Random Battle.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I've had enough of this game's bullshit for one day.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bought a Pz.58 Mutz and immediately the MM started doing its best to make me regret it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I love the 112.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

poo poo session today, probably because it's still a 3x special. Just a string of absolute clusterfucks, although at least my WR went up... by an amazing 0.01%!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another loving horrible session. All the dickheads are out today on EU throwing as much of their stockpiled premium clicker ammo as they can manage. 9.18 can't come soon enough, thank gently caress it's tomorrow.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Artillery is less frustrating than it was (on either end) but it's still loving cancerous.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

e: Hey EU players, what the gently caress is going on with your servers? People be saying they're crashing all the time and poo poo.
A week or so ago the servers exploded constantly (and as luck would have it, usually when I was close to getting the double on lovely tanks). Since 9.18 I've not been booted out of a game because of """"""maintenance"""""" (the favourite catch-all reason for WG when poo poo goes tits-up), but now I've probably jinxed it for myself. That being said I've had to put up with some awful lag the last couple of days.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So I couldn't resist and immediately splashed out on that new premium, and it turns out that the Thunderbolt's pretty drat decent so it wasn't a waste of money.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

When it comes to SPG-6 for the T28 HTC, I'm cursed with teams consisting of mongos that can't hit a loving thing no matter how many times I blap some poor fucker's tracks off with my M44. This mission should be laughably easy, but instead it's making me tear my loving hair out.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I still have 40k left to grind through on the Indien-Panzer. This is misery.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Took the Matilda IV out for a stroll to start training up a crew for the T-43, and I was focused by some loving dickhead in his Grille (whom thankfully had done something to anger the RNG because he missed every shot bar the first, for 30 damage).

Said dickhead has 12,617 games played in the Grille, out of his 45,550 total. loving incredible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another day, another random battle featuring a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Picture the scene; you're using the M44 on Prokhorovka, happily blapping away at almost anything and everything your team spots (including some unfortunate bastard who's decided to park his Tiger (P) in the middle of the field), the score's an apparent dead-cert win at 13-6. Then some fucker pulls a plug somewhere and your team suddenly turns into the biggest pack of windowlicking mongo cretins imaginable, inexplicably deciding that slowly moving one-by-one over the centre ridge to try duelling a VK16.02 Leopard is the way to go, while some Ikv 90B racks up an easy Poole's Medal in the process.

I loving HATE this playerbase.

My only consolation in this loving debacle was ramming that Leopard (only achieved because his own brain went to sleep for a moment and he simply charged at me too) and shotgunning his loving turret off, even though I destroyed myself in the process. Then I loving RQ'd for the day. I have no idea how the game actually ended, but I doubt a crippled Pz. III/IV was about to score a miraculous victory.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Stevefin posted:

I have been crew killed before, its and odd experience, and took me a moment, as you don't get blown up, and your tank keeps the health it has. I am not sure if it becomes a invincible wreck, or it can still take damage until it explodes like normal
Still takes damage until it explodes. Same with drowned vehicles, and in both cases you get nothing in regards to xp/credits for actually destroying them anyway. Although I think it does add up on the other guy's repair bill so it's still worth destroying it, at least from a malicious "suffer you loving pubbie" perspective.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's always nice when an objectively poo poo player calls you and the rest of the team bitches/retards etc. while doing nothing to actually help, only to meet them again in the next battle and show them who the real bitch is by making GBS threads all over them in particular.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

Or that your PC is so bad it doesn't load the game until halfway through the match.
With all the updates and other gubbins slowly bloating the game, this became my WoT experience from mid-2015 until mid-2016. I don't miss those days one bit.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Current wave of Chrylser K GF's are (unsurprisingly) largely being driven by champion-tier mongos on the EU server. Just made one feel like an utter fool while using the FV201. The FV201. He just sat there exchanging useless shots with an IS-6 while I shoved several 17pdr shells into his back from about 15 metres.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EU playerbase somehow getting worse as time progresses:

Edit:
That TK on my part was the Type 95 with one shot's worth of damage to his name. Kept trying to take his worthless pot-shots at the expense of constantly knocking my vehicle and knocking my aim off so I just turned around and sent him back to the garage, the loving oval office. This is his service record:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 26, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Stopped playing randoms for now and have just spazzed around in Tier VI Skirmishes. My WR stops suffering that way, although I still have to put up with the same mongo mindset which sees useless poo poo like the O-I picked over a fast medium.

Edit:
Went back to play a couple of Random Battles and wish I hadn't bothered. Insufferably loving awful teams, over and over again. How the gently caress does a team manage to lose 5 tanks in one minute?

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 27, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

T-34/100 stock grind is pure AIDS. Why in gently caress's name is the RoF so utterly loving awful?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I somehow got Ace Tanker with the IS-3 after only 41 games. In other words, only the second battle with the BL-9.

Definitely not imbalanced with that combination of alpha, pen and RoF.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You have to laugh when some tryhard Skorpion G is flinging nothing but APCR around when he's top tier. Especially when none of the opposition has armour capable of standing up to the basic AP round anyway.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I know that Artillery is for shitheads but I have to play them because missions and all that jazz. With my excuses out of the way, holy loving CHRIST the AMX 13 F3 is just staggeringly, shockingly, loving poo poo. Slow reload, awful shell arc, awkward gun traverse and unbelievably lovely accuracy make every battle nothing but a reason to wander off during the countdown and boil up a Pot Noodle. I hate it. I loving hate it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

This is the exact artillery that I'm on in the only line that I've played for the same reason. I don't have any other frame of reference but it's really not very good or remotely fun to play.
It's bad, even by general standards of how unfun it is to play Artillery. It's better than the Tier V in the same line (another clicker which I absolute detested the grind for) by way of simply having a better gun, but it's still utter poo poo.

While I often get hosed off by the abysmally shite range and piddly alpha of the FV304, that thing actually hits targets every 12 seconds and races around like a medium. The Hummel is more accurate than the F3 and hits harder, while also reloading faster. The M44 is laughably broken has range, accuracy, and a good reload time. Oh and all of those SPGs actually have decent gun elevation/shell arcs, so you can drop poo poo right on someone's head, unlike the 13 F3.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

thylacine posted:

Did you miss when it had HEAT shells? You could pen for 700+ and one shot tons of tanks at that tier, it was glorious when it didn't hit tracks or miss.
I didn't miss those days at all.

I didn't miss this poor sap either. And that was just regular HE :unsmith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A Handed Missus posted:

same but the AMX 105

that fucker can't even stun
loving hated this one with a passion. Had to grind before the stun mechanics were part of the game, and it just didn't hit a loving thing. I'm beginning to think that grinding every single vehicle is probably a terrible idea. Shame I'm already well over halfway through every branch of every tree!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A Handed Missus posted:

I just can't get over how useless the Swedish tier VI tanks are :negative:
The Strv 74 gets pretty good once the turret and gun are upgraded. The Ikv 65 II though is just a miserable pile of poo poo all the way. I hate it.

Edit:
The Achilles is the absolute loving worst grind I can think of.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Lol look at this poor deluded mother fucker, have fun with the next tank hombre.
Never mind I forgot about the T-34/100.