Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vando posted:

Also they filmed the video in Britain and guess what tank is incredibly easy to get hold of for such things.

Centurion.

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Meanwhile back down in Tier V :buddy:

Started the UK Wheelchair line and JAYEEESUS the AEC is one miserable POS. I mean yeah sure the grind is all over and done with before a day passes but holy poo poo the (complete lack of) manoeuvrability combined with non-existent armour just kills so many of your options before you can even consider them. Gameplay seems to be "drive in a straight line to somewhere and then, uh... good luck", I guess?

I mean I would try sniping but when the gun selection is "inaccurate" and the respective upgrade is "marginally less inaccurate" ... ?

:wtc:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sometimes it just doesn't matter what you do.

Though farming this bozo was loving hilarious.

I was about 250m away behind some small shrubs and fatso just swung his turret around firing blindly out of panic and desperation as I took chunk after chunk out of him.

Orv posted:

I feel like I've seen basically no talk of any kind, good or bad about the rear turret German line, is it remotely worth it on ToTT?
No opinion on the Pz.Kpfw. VII, since I don't often buy Tier X vehicles (at 6.1m a go I'd rather just grind out some other -- by which I mean all other -- lines instead).

Keep in mind that I went through that line just over three years ago so things have changed since, but up until the VK45.01B(P) -- which I thought was pretty loving awesome -- I found the line to be mediocre at best after Tier VI (which itself was nothing short of outstanding back then).

Sadly, that tank -- the VK30.01P -- is now a shadow of its former self, reclassified as a HT and with it about as manouevrable as a shipwreck, lacking any armour buffs to compensate. Instead it inexplicably got ten tonnes heavier with an increase of 350 hitpoints so WG could say "look, see? Heavy Tank".

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What sort of toxic loving poo poo is this?!

Oh and yeah, sure, I'll rely on the loving pubbies to look anywhere but directly ahead and pull a win out of the ether:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bought a BZ-166 and Type 95 Ji-Ro in an effort to make some progress over the season.

Both are terrible for their own reasons. Christ almighty are they just so loving terrible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

They got to make people waste free XP somehow. It's 100% lovely.
Eight straight losses in the Bozo-166 (causing my buddy to ragequit lmao), though admittedly the teams were just unsalvageably poo poo almost all the way. With XP reserves and Christmas bonuses combined, I still failed my way toward gaining enough XP where just one win would allow me to research the turret. Then I actually got the win with a colossal two shots of damage :thumbsup:

The Type 95 Ji-Ro just feels unworkably slow and has absolutely no armour to speak of, so I can imagine that being seen is basically a guaranteed death sentence. At least it's too slow be seen first! Only played one battle with it, which was a win involving a crappy amount of damage and two scabby kills right at the end; I applied the bonus and left it at that (especially after the loving Bozo fiasco). Thank Christ all the recent blueprint missions which the game's thrown at me have reduced the Chi-To SP grind to 0XP. Only 13k to go for the gun...

Oh well. Managed to pull things back and end the session at 11/21 :unsmith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress this, I'm going out.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

Autoloaders are fine, but they aren't Heavy Tanks, and you will eat poo poo and die very quickly if you try to play them like a Maus. If you play them like medium tanks they do alright.

And then you have the T69, which is a medium tank better off not played at all.

Or maybe it is after the buffs, whatever.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

From what I gather, even after the buff that things is addicted to gold :smith:. I loved that tree when it first came out, but that was a long Long time ago.
I recently had to suffer through it (shortly after the T54 MT became the T54E1 HT) and it was poo poo.

Mesadoram posted:

I am rusty as hell in this game, but I've learned to mostly not care. I am no longer playing to be in the best clan NA, I am playing because the game is sometimes fun :unsmith:.
I just play to win. Objectively terrible if you chase stats but hey, if I make a "lovely" move that enables a victory, loving sue me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

the shitheads in my team camped in base of mortal fear of a loving Shrek

Sorry, what?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao I have never heard it be called a 'Shrek' before.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I couldn't stop myself.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

On the topic of Shreks/Shitpacks etc. is there any info at all regarding a Czechoslovakian TD line?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I just want a (good) PvE mode. These teams are incomprehensibly loving poo poo to the point where I'm going to suffer a loving aneurysm.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fat Jesus posted:

I had enough blueprints / exp to get a super conqueror but the game servers shut before i could play it. Tell me it's not poo poo now. My tier 9 50tp seems Still Good and I'm close to the tier X. Also what is the current must have tier 8 prem?

1) Super Conqueror is far from poo poo. It's still very, very good.
2) Currently it's either the BZ-176 or the Škoda T 56.
  • The Bozo is a one-trick-pony but it excels at performing that trick. it's also not on sale at the moment because even WG have had to sit up and acknowledge just how loving toxic that thing is. Even the absolute dumbest gently caress can rack up obscene amounts of damage using one. I wouldn't count on this being available any time soon, unless it's part of some ridiculously expensive bundle, much like the Pz. II J and Pz. IV Hydro have been ion the past. It'll just be even more expensive.
  • The Škoda T 56 is also not on sale, but this is because it's stupidly powerful in the right hands rather than being toxic, and WG knows that they can (and will) rake in a small fortune by lumping this one in some stupid bundle -- I expect it to show up soon after this Christmas event.

Other options include the usual suspects, such as the Skorpion, IS-3A, Object 703-II, Progetto 46, Bourrasque, etc.. Stuff like the TS-5, E 75 TS, SU-130PM and Bisonte 45 are also highly capable.

The catch being that none of these are (AFAIK) currently on sale either!*

*No, I didn't bother checking :v:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

When you go screaming down the railway on Widepark in your Pudel and the entire enemy team just freezes up and shits their pants as you carve your way through their low-tier "base defence", exposing their flank as easily as you'd open a packet of soft cheese.

:cabot:

(Sidenote: I loving hate Widepark and made said railway charge out of spite just to get explodinated ASAP, but instead slapped the loving poo poo out of everything in my way.)

Edit:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaasus the Tier VIII Spaghetti TD blows all sorts of rear end and balls and generally loving sucks all manner of chodes. Seven (7) seconds intraclip? Motherfucker. Hit some bastard once for a bounce and they just hide before you can even think about lobbing a second shot. Turns like a boat, misses from any range farther than "point blank" and even when I go play with the heavies to use the so-called armour I just get loving slammed by some oxygen thief two tiers higher than me, sneezing full gold at anything and everything to make up for his loving 45% WR.

God I loving hate this POS.

The Chi-To SP however is :discourse:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 18, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

jfc what the gently caress is the Staghound supposed to even be, never mind be good at.

Utter rancid poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

st emil sucks poo poo from an rear end, even with turbo

Mobility is the least of that thing's problems.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The only time to ever play that Patton thing will be when everyone else is. It won't make it any better but the mass of pubbies playing Babby's First Tier IX will allow you to have a modicum of fun with it.

Then you just pick a good Tier IX and slap the loving poo poo out of them.

Uhhh maybe just skip to the second bit, actually.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Man, even though most games these days are 2 minute 15-1s, I've also had a couple of VERY fun games these past few days.
It's always so nice when games last longer and actually let me play the game.
:yeah:

Last night really was something; for once battles actually lasted more than the time it takes to boil a kettle and the matchmaking wasn't complete and utter endless +2 dogshit. As an aside, the Caliban (currently on offer!) is comedy gold if there are two or more of you taking turns lobbing shots down a corridor and terrifying some poor fucker into going nowhere. Also got a Shitpack/Shrek because gently caress it, having 50k gold just sitting around isn't going to do much for me. That thing is hilarious when you catch some shlub out in the open and turn him into a giant cheese grater with 270(!) AP pen.

Anyway, I spent 90% of a battle on the phone, with my Chi-To SP sitting on the North-West TD hill of Pilsen because -- like an idiot -- I had decided to start 'tooning with some buddies despite full well knowing that I was expecting a phonecall :thumbsup:

Things are coming down to the wire as the call ends, so I'm at 100% HP, finally rolling into the party after 8 minutes, and by the time I arrive it's my Chi-To SP vs some dude with his battered-to-poo poo UDES 14, just as he kills off my only remaining ally and attempts to zoom away before I can one-shot slap him to win the game. Cue some 90 seconds of me chasing him around a loving building while he bounces shot after shot off my superstructure, with me slamming shells into the dirt because lmao casemate TD firing on the move. It was some real Laurel & Hardy poo poo, but with tanks.

Eventually I caught up enough to just take my time and aim for a moment, finally putting him out of his misery. I don't think he was expecting an armoured casemate TD to be so nippy on turning corners. poo poo, I wasn't expecting it!

Tonight though has been the exact opposite. Tonight has been The Shittening. And also The Shittening II: Pubbies.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I finally elited the Tier VIII SpagheTD.

What a load of absolute loving Mario poo poo it was. No sniping, no mag-dumping, every c--t just double-tapping 2 and making your armour about as effective as a loving panini if you even considered an assault role.

Dogshit. Merda di cane. Complete loving garbage. Jesus I hated every god-damned loving moment which involved playing this worthless stupid POS. And gently caress the goddamned loving matchmaker for making me punch up for 90% of the loving grind.

Edit:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, this is the typical Patton experience for me:

Bet those MOE numbers are just going to keep dipping.

Buddy, don't even go there. Somehow clawed a 60% WR over some 30+ battles (Christmas drinking lmao) but nearly each and every Patton Tank player was some windowlicking bleach drinker. Whichever team had the most almost invariably lost the loving battle.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 26, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'm grinding the AMX 50-120 and boy howdy does this thing just NOT do the business like I remember it from the days when I saw them all the time.

I'm actually tempted to keep the 100mm mounted because the current meta seems to force you into waiting as a support* vehicle, springing into action after some chump takes his shot. By keeping the 100mm, I slam six shells at 300 alpha per shot into their side as they sit there dumbfounded with no means to retaliate, then scoot off as fast as possible. I am no mathemagician but allowing for the usual RNG bullshit such as inexplicable bounces, six shots >>> four shots. Also 6x300 >>> 4x400. Both mags reload at identical speeds, but whatever.

So yeah. Not my most enjoyable experience so far but at least it's not that loving Tier VIII Italian TD.

*"Support" being imperative here, because the moment you're the only target is also the moment you explode in a gold round-induced shower of tinfoil and snail shells.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'd happily have a session of Prokhorovka for 30 battles in a row. Probably the only map which cannot ever jank me out of doing something useful no matter what class/tier I'm playing.

Mines, Widepark, Westfield and Fjords on the other hand can all gently caress off for an eternity of eternities.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

The ideal WoT map is an open map with undulating terrain and plenty of bushes. Prokhorovka, Murovanka, and Steppes all fit the bill for the most part.

I'm glad you've said this because now I can screencap and paste it every time anyone in my usual Discord sessions says that Prok is "a poo poo map". Not the biggest fan of Murovanka personally because it heavily punishes any sort of incompetence around the Magic Forest but Steppes is another good map for sure, at least for the most part. That loving garbage redline hill-camping poo poo in the South needs to go though.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A mode without gold rounds would really separate the players from the bleach drinkers. loving heaven.

I'm saying this as a Tier VII enjoyer.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The "Cause 7 Crits" and "Damage 7 Vehicles" missions are absolute loving donkey poo poo and I hate them. For the former I'll often resort to rolling out the Pz 38H and hope against hope that I actually do get Mines instead of loving Mannerheim Line, but for scoring critical hits I'm invariably destined to be a redline clicking bastard for an hour. The G.W. Panther makes it just about tolerable.

loving seriously though, "fight off half the enemy team" is just some impossibly stupid poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"Do seven critical hits in a game" mission ONCE AGAIN.

Had this seven-crit bullshit just not working out for me the other day -- penned a Cromwell with a 155mm HE for ~450dmg but mysteriously scored no crits because gently caress me for actually hitting something with a clicker -- so I rerolled out of frustration.

Hit seven vehicles. Motherfucker. Took out the G.W. Panther for the fourth time.

Oh, okay.

Edit:
Also lol at the MM still being completely dogshit broken at the lowest tiers:

No prizes for guessing how much they got stomped.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 18, 2024

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

My heart loving sinks every time I see one of those bastard Patton things on my team. Every 20 or so games they're a good player but other than that you can bet your ballbag that they're about to blunder into a hail of shells and explode within a couple of minutes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sayara posted:

Holy moly the difference between AMX 65t and AMX M4 51 is huge. You go from worst tier 8 tank to one of the best tier 9 tanks that doesn't suck even with the starting equipment. I don't even have the big gun yet but this one is such a fun tank. Also lol at first moe for 65t being less than 1k. :aloom:
The 65t is utter poo poo. You are better off playing it as a poor man's M4 49 (Liberte) and keeping the stock turret & 100mm gun.

As for the M45 51, hooo boy it is up there with the Conqueror IMO. I love it. Objectively speaking the Conqueror is the better tank (GUN DEPRESSION), but the M4 51 is no slouch and for better or worse will likely draw the stupider enemies in because they think they can just roll up and pen its turret face (the 65t definitely eats poo poo in that regard compared to the Caernarvon). I consider the M4 51 an automatic keeper. I also like the M103 for similar reasons, but then I am weird and often find myself enjoying some of the more niche vehicles, and even some actually crap tanks.

Nobody takes the Type 58 seriously.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wargaming: "We'll never introduce the Obj. 279!"
also Wargaming: "Say hello to the Obj. 279(e)!"

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Holy poo poo I loving loved 80's TMNT as a kid where the gently caress did I put my wallet.

Edit:
Especially if it gets the pubbies angry.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Last night was a total shitshow clown parade. Anything above Tier VI was just impossible to enjoy.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Used to love the Crusader as a light tank at Tier V, way back before WG hosed it all up :smith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Somehow I've a feeling that we're only going to get the 20k "pamphlets" out of the underskilled crew members, but all the same, I do wonder if padding the poo poo out of one's barracks and filling them with 50%ers might not be a way to game the system for nations you need extra XP in.

I'm willing to guess that WG has anticipated that, though, bad bet that that always is.

Slap 'em in a tank and play a round or two to buff the crap stats to being a bit less crap. That way they'll be tagged as' active' or whatever. I think.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ninjaiguana posted:

- All our high tier heavies going south on Westfield

What the actual gently caress.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao I slapped a camo net on my KV-2 once a long time ago.

I was fooling around with some buddies in a training room!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Lynx 6x6? A lot of fun.

Currently loving hating the grind because if playing solo I am 95% likely to get windlowlickers and shoe-chewers on my team whenever I take it out. When platooned we still get the poo poo team, but also immediately get dunked by +2MM.

When it works, it's great, I'll agree completely on that one. Those HE rounds against anything with weak armour are just :discourse: and in particular I will never tire of racing around, being an irritating little poo poo, and slapping any sort of tryharding BC for a surprise 320dmg as I blaze straight past at 80km/h (usually just to get blown up myself by camping Doom Cannon TDs but whatever).

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kinda hosed up that WG's awesome "there must always be a wheelie playing against a wheelie" algorithm considers the Lynx 6x6 and the EBR 75 FL 10 equals, which means that anyone playing the Lynx 6x6 will be matched up against an EBR roughly 80% of the time.

And uhh. Let's just say they're not exactly equal.

Adding to why I am absolutely hating the grind :buddy:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Steamrolls are way more frequent, definitely. Powercreep is one hell of a disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vents, Optics, Rammer.

:colbert: