Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What's the word on the t10 light tanks? Are they coming soon or soon™? Also do they look like they'll be worth playing?

I haven't played this dumb game in almost a year, but Blizzard decided to poo poo up HS arena and playing lights was the most fun I had in WoT so I'm tempted to re-install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
How is the light tank reshuffle going to affect tanks in your garage? Do I keep my B-Dog and 1390 but they suddenly jump up a tier? Do they get replaced with the new tank in their tier? Should I be doing something to prepare for this? Like I have enough XP to unlock either the baby Batchat or AMX30 but haven't decided between them. Should I grab one now?

I picked a confusing time to reinstall.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Darkrenown posted:

As far as I know, if you have the t8 tanks you get them as t9s and any XP you had on them stays on the t8. It's a big gently caress you, really.

Have they confirmed how the top of the french light tree is going to look? Like should I play the last 5k xp and get one of the t9 meds now just in case they make it weird and I end up with 180k worthless xp on the new t8 light?

I mean I don't see how they would mess it up since there's no other real way to get up to the t9 meds, but it's WG so.......

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Hellsau posted:

. T2LT also doesn't see tier 4s now.

Seems like I need to get the band back together and start doing Himmelsdorf T2LT rally platoons again.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
$200 a year on WoT. :catstare:

The only thing I ever spent money on in this dumb game was an E25 which has the nice combo of being OP and having a unique/fun playstyle.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

It's $100 a year just to get premium assuming you buy it 12 months at a time, and playing WoT past tier 5 without a premium account is almost as much fun as pounding your own balls flat with a wooden mallet

I played about 2 years actively(plus another 2 of "hey i should reinstall -> oh god that was a terrible idea") with no premium time except the occasional mission reward. It's not exactly hard to stay profitable even at high tiers if you git gud and the grind isn't all that bad if you play a variety of tanks.

I can see getting premium if you want to hellgrind your way up a particular tree, but I never enjoyed that sort of thing anyway.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Prav posted:

now wargaming are accusing sirfoch of hate speech and homophobia.

they might want to check themselves here because yowza.

Excuse me but wargaming has always been very serious about cracking down on hate speech by their playerbpfffff ahahahaaa

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

SocketWrench posted:

Any tank you can put a derp gun on, do eeet. Guaranteed you will do damage every shot and high chances of one shotting everything your tier or lower

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
You'll be firing more gold than you would in some other tanks, but the T-44 is good enough that you won't mind.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I reinstalled because I make terrible choices in life. Are the t9/10 french lights worth poo poo or should I just focus on getting a Batchat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

Firing a gun should just uninstall the game

Let's face it, this would be best for everyone involved.