Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

So this is a conversation that happened. I've been playing light tanks in between mediums and heavies. And by play I mean dicking around in light tanks. Apperantly my performance in south coast particularly irked 7XIV because he sent me a message.

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

It means you're an idiot for writing lots of words to a worthless pubbie who wasn't even responding anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Saint Celestine posted:

E-75 is quite literally the best Tier 9. I would even pick it over a few T10s.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1489639#windstorm-camador-e_75

gold ammo nob

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the Patton in fact the best tier 9, superior to the T-54? Thoughts?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Atal Vataman posted:

If i had no light tanks, or light tank experience i still think i would've gone for the american line, even though it has an incoming nerf. Most of the tanks are really really good at the moment, and looking at the patchnotes it doesnt look like they are getting nerfed that much. It will probably be a really solid line even after the nerfs, even though the t49 is a bit of a wildcard (with the 150mm) and expensive (with the 90mm). The chinese line is also really nice, but the lower tiers can't really compete with the stuff in the american line imo.

Where can I see the patch notes for the american light tanks nerfs?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
WOWS: What's the deal with AP shots? When are you supposed to use them, and are you supposed to aim them differently than HE?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
WOWS: Anyone tried the upgrades yet? Such as Gun Fire Control System Modification 1, or Main Battery Modification 2?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Snakes in a can posted:

Should have got the t54 for maximum bias (and the ability to bully any tank without 200 pen).

:eng101: Get the Patton instead. It's even more fun.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Vengarr posted:

That Yamato video was put back up again if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiLYz95MBI

Ichase also just uploaded another video, this one focusing on destroyers and cruisers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc

:duckie: This game will own. :duckie:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Viperidae posted:

It's weird, but I could download and play the alpha client yesterday. I'm only a weekend tester.

Really? Got a link to the alpha client?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Viperidae posted:

Try this: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/cbt/game_download/1

I just download it from the member page. It has gone from being the beta weekend page to having alpha info on it for me. Can't see the alpha forums though and I'm still in the weekend tester group on the forums.

(If it doesn't work for you I can upload the installer somewhere for you)

Seems they turned you into an alpha tester for some reason.

I played with an NA code for the beta weekend. I get an Error 403: Access denied on the EU link, and if I change it to .com I get Access Restricted.

I don't think I'd be able to log in even if I had the client, but thanks for offering.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is it viable to do LT-15 (4k spotting/assist dmg) in the M41 Bulldog? :stare:

Starting to think it's too easy for the enemy to spot and kill it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Any suggestions on where to place my mission reward ladycrew?

I already have crews for:

US: heavy, med, light, TD.
USSR: heavy x2, med, TD.
Germany: heavy x2, TD x2.
UK: med, TD, arty.
France: heavy.
Japan: med.

Thinking maybe France light, some kind of arty, or the new British TD line if that's worth bothering with. :confused:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

WitchFetish posted:

To anyone who thinks the EU server is populated by actual human beings...

Hahahahaha.

One of the best things about playing WOWS on the NA server was getting away from the illiterate shitheads who play from a dumpster in Moldova.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Atal Vataman posted:

wg remove missions from the game

No! They are fantastic for credits :shobon:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Whoever said the Rhm. B. is unfun is insane. Doing tons of damage while remaining hidden in a turreted TD is great. If you like playing TDs at all, get it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

saintonan posted:

The Roomba is awesome, it's the endless parade of poo poo tanks you have to grind through to get to it that sucks.

They're all good or decent. Even Sturer Emil with the upgraded gun is workable.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is there no replay site that shows the chat log? There used to be one :/

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

That FCM 50t gets hit before the reticle is even on him :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hahaha. Simple but efficient troll.