Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
E-25 talk

It kinda depends. I run mine with rammer, camonet and binocs. On a lot of maps I can get to positions where I can spot enemy tanks the instant they're within the 445m limit, and shoot them without being spotted until they're somewhere between 200m and 300m. Sometimes they'll even stop, and obligingly let me shoot them more while they curse about invisitanks, or I'll just track'em and laugh. Of course, some games I play much more aggressively and get in close and personal, at which point the net and binocs do nothing, but then again vents/optics/whatever is extremely rarely gonna be a lifesaver anyway. Of course it all depends on the map and team tank composition and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

one on a bun posted:

boy i sure did pick a good weekend to grind out the su100

You know what the funny thing about that image is?
code:
Your team's total damage: 7597
Enemy team total  damage: 5600
Your team did 2000 damage more than the enemy team did, and that still somehow made your entire team dead with the enemy having 3 tanks left alive. GG MM!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

JackDRipper posted:

I dunno why my screenshots are either screenbreaking or tiny :(

Upload them to imgur.com - use the BBCode (message boards & forums) bit but change img to timg (and /img to /timg) - profit!

Edit: oh hey you did it while I was typing this!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Burt posted:

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

Speaking of, I had this match yesterday on NA:

I think that's the closest I've ever seen to equal teams, with regards to the actual tanks.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Strobe posted:

The III/IV also has one of the worst [b]on the move mobility[b] of any medium tank I've ever played.

Do you mean on the move accuracy, or mobility in general?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Dear WGNA. If you want me to take a break from the game, just say it! Don't use convoluted bullshit mechanics to tell me, give it to me straight!

Helped our JPE-100 kill the enemy T-57, then a waffle clipped me, ignoring the 500-hp JPE. At least our team had better players and it was a win!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

The pubbies, while bad, haven't really been the biggest problem. loving packetloss all goddamned day has been. The little light in the upper left corner blinks red at least once every couple of seconds. So I'll see tanks mini-warping around when it gets bad, and then you get poo poo like when I pulled up on the side of an M103 and he kept his turret turned forward, and then I exploded. He shot me. Except I never saw the turret turn. Good times.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Riller posted:

Are there other non-goon clans that have goons, besides PBKAC?

I know there are some in OTTER, think there are some in NTR, FOXEY and petco groups? Bit spread out, really.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Riller posted:

I'm getting back into the groove, but I shouldn't have started back during a 5x event. I notice those haven't changed while I've been away! What's your in-game handle? I might want to join up with you guys. I noticed that camador is in [G] as well; I used to platoon with him. I recognize a lot more of the names on the PBKAC roster, but I'm not sure how many of them are still playing.

Saint Celestine is Camador. :v:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

So let me take my new RU-251 out for a spin!

Holy crap! Wonder what the enemy team has to say to this!

Haha! Dis gon be gud! It ended up 9-15 loss :downs:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rossmum posted:

Which mod is it that gives NA players their proper flag? :unsmigghh:

I updated my OMC stuff today, and they were just there!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Last night, while trying to sleep, my brain told me that it's too bad there's not going to be an Italian tree. Not because the tanks would be anything special or whatever, but because they'd go great together with a soundpack made from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skb2gKR7rOk

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Infected posted:

SS advertised the Battle Assistant mod, so now everyone who plays arty runs it. It helps all the pubs who don't get firing arcs, so you get what looks like a general increase in accuracy with artillery.

It actually helps anyone who isn't rainman when it comes to remembering/figuring out your arty's arc and the incline of that hill the thing you're shooting is hiding behind. Shots on poo poo more or less in the open it does nothing for, but partially hidden poo poo? Holy crap.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Subyng posted:

The only mod you need is a minimap zoomout mod, really.

FTFY!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

What the gently caress?
What the gently caress?
AAAAARGH!

I don't think I've ever been this pissed at a good player: http://wotreplays.com/site/1511911#sacred_valley-alleviatedrisk-t28

Jump 2 minutes into the match, and watch a Panther88 do his best to make sure I can't help him, and then just watch the unicum FCM 50t.
I don't even loving know.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Control Volume posted:

now people in this thread are getting pissed when they win lmao

Yes we won. He still loving threw me under the bus. I'm not mad about the outcome of the match, I'm mad about getting thrown under the bus. How the gently caress can you possibly not understand this?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

thylacine posted:

Smashed roomba with my big butt.

That's an E-25. Rhoomba doesn't move that quickly!

PS: Try this for them moving pictures: http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

This thing is great. Except that my game crashes every 2-3 battles when I use it :(

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

demonR6 posted:

What settings? Did you make any changes? Also did you turn off antialias settings both in the game and in the event your video card has the ability like the Nvidia control panel has.

Nvidia control panel. Right. Let's see if it's better now!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

demonR6 posted:

That should do it. Not that I made that mistake.. nope. Be sure to restart the pc too.

Sadly it did not fix it (even restarting). I seem to crash less, but it's still fairly frequent. :(

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Exp calculations are loving weird sometimes. Can anyone explain this?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

KcDohl posted:

Relative tier matters. If the BC was just loving with 9s and the E4 hit/spotted 10s it's totally possible.

I know relative tier matters, but we're talking tier 10 tanks here so it's not like they can shoot higher tier tanks for bonus exp, and shooting down seems to have less of an effect. I mean, adding up damage and spotting damage the BatChat literally did more than 4 times the damage the E4 did. Then of course there's the whole shooting stuff you're not spotting yourself, but they both got spotting damage so...yeah. I dunno.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there a site that offers arty strategies?
For example, best placement options for maps with lots of structures or obstacles.

Sell your arty.
Play something that isn't poo poo.

There, best arty advice you'll ever get!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rockopete posted:

I can't remember the exact name of the option, it's in one of the normal menus, not even a mod, and switching it means that you will always turn in the same direction regardless of whether you're reversing.

Uh, what you're describing there is the way the control scheme currently works. Do you mean there's an option letting you turn different ways with the same button, depending on whether you're reversing or going forward?

Ninjaedit: think I found it, under controls, below mouse sensitivity, Reverse inversion.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rockopete posted:

e: beaten, Valle found it. Try playing with it on, it takes some getting used to but overall I think it works better, no need to switch keys to maintain a turn arc if you suddenly need to reverse.

But...you don't need to switch keys if you keep it off! Turning it on means you WILL need to switch keys! :confused:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rockopete posted:

Really? Mine started with it switched on, weird.

I use WASD, when I hit W and A I go forward and turn left. When I hit S and A I go backwards and turn left. Just like a car with a steering wheel really. If the option is not turned on in settings, that's how it should be...

Valle fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 14, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rockopete posted:

Ah I'm utter poo poo at articulating. The setting I have it at means that A will always turn my tank's nose to the left, regardless of forwards or backwards movement. Meaning that if I'm trying to rotate my front end to face someone, I use the same directional key going forwards or reversing.

Ah right, I see. So basically to keep your front towards an enemy tank trying to circle you, you'll go from AW to AS, while I'll go from AW to SD. I'm still sure not how people see this as "natural", but you're not the first case to ask about the reverse inverse function. I guess you're just special snowflakes! :sun:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Missions seem to be working fine, but there's one little bug. When you finish one a window is apparently supposed to pop up informing you of this. But uh...

The box is broken.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

Is there a list of possible missions, just to know what awaits me before I even start this poo poo.

When you select campaign in-game, and click the first tank (only one you can click at first) it'll list all missions, and you can click'em for further details. Unless you datamine though, only the missions for the StuG IV will show.

Edit: Tried deleting cache?
VVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 15, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

These missions truly are going to be the great winrate equalizer.

"WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING? HE'S ONE-SHOTTABLE!"

"I CAN'T DIE, OR I WON'T FINISH MY MISSION!"

The fact that they're typed up like 'protips' also is just a magnificent troll. Really looking forward to 'tokens' being purchasable for a buck apiece, just to sucker people in.

TD-2: Aimed Fire: "Damage one module or injure one crew member of an enemy vehicle."

Secondary Conditions: have no damaged modules or injured crew members at the end of the battle.

...since when has *anyone* ever gotten out of a battle without at least a single yellow/damaged track?

Repair tracks just as the battle ends! I also like how the tip for an arty mission (kill a light tank) says that you should look to kill light tanks because they are very dangerous to artillery, they'll look for an opening in your team's defense so they can rush through and kill arty. Yeah. In 2013! That poo poo isn't even a thing any more most of the time...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

First blank window is for the mission completion, second is for the secondary criteria being fulfilled.

Actually, it isn't! Double windows only happened on the first completion for some reason. After that it's been a single window, even though I finish both criteria in one mission. No idea what that extra first window was...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

My dumb mission was track tank and do damage to it. Secondary objective was destroy a tracked tank. Two enemy tanks left, a waffle and arty. Enemy waffle is looking the other way, I zoom up from behind in my batchat. I have time. I aim in, shoot him in the track, he's tracked, aim for gunshield and HOLY poo poo HUGE TANK as the Patton M46 on my own team charges in front of me to block my shot and shoot and kill the waffle. THANKS ASSHAT. And no, there's no way he didn't know exactly what he did, because there was plenty room for him to round the corner and shoot the waffle without getting in my way. So shot him in the rear end. He caught fire. He didn't have an extinguisher. He started slowly turning his turret towards me - slowly cause his crew was burning - and stopped his tank. To aim better or something. And then the enemy arty blapped him and he exploded. He didn't say anything in chat, but I got this after battle:

He closed convo immediately after that, and put me on ignore :v:

Edit:

Jack_tripper posted:

since they're making light tanks the designated spotters now (as if 90% of people in light tanks give a poo poo about spotting but whatever), how about nerfing some of those light tanks' guns

older tanks getting power creeped by newer models of the same type is one thing but this is retarded

Remember that light tanks get MM one tier up. So putting a tier 8 light's gun and a tier 8 medium's gun next to each other doesn't really work.

Valle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 15, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

:siren:ATTN:siren:

The broken windows when you finish a mission is caused by XVM. If you go to your favourite modpack of choice and get the latest XVM it'll be fixed. Kinda.

Edit: Holy gently caress, WG are such trolls:

Valle fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 15, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Axetrain posted:

Cromwell rocks. I'll open a can of worms here but whats the Comet like, if it's more of the same i'll be happy.

The Comet loses some speed and zestiness, gains a vertstab and a turret with some actual gun depression and a mantlet that'll give you more lucky bounces than you'd think. The gun is the same upgrade as from the Churchill I to the Churchill VII, 3pen and 5dmg per shot. :v:

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

One of my current missions is to set a tank on fire. Yeah, brb, let me just go and do that.

Autoloader or autocannon, aim for fueltanks. My BatChat fixed that poo poo.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Seeing as people get more fatigued over time, it's going to be common that people do what the next mission entails, but find they've forgotten to *start* said mission.

If you've fixed XVM, then the window that opens when you finish a mission has a button that when you click, opens the campaign bit and selects the next mission of that line for you. Of course, you STILL have to actually click the START button, but at that point it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Poil posted:

Huh, my tank experience has gone up a lot. Probably all the pubbies playing worse puts the average skill below mine instead of above. :v:

I see, thanks. But it would be a little too expensive to put both on it. The net was just because I had one lying around I wasn't using.

You know how godawfully long it takes to aim in on arty? GLD helps with that. And rammer makes the ridiculous reload shorter. There was just a half-price sale on these things....might want to stock up next time there is one! Or you could just not play arty, thus evading this black stain on your soul!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Matchmaker, working as intended, in every way!

We won easily!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

A tip for people doing the TD missions, TD-12 says you have to do damage to an enemy tank before they damage your team. This is actually completely wrong. The real mission is do 1k damage and kill a heavy. Don't ask me how this got hosed up, but it did. Also, TD-13 says you both have to do most damage on team, and twice as much as the number 2 guy on team. You'd think that stating you have to do twice as much damage as the next guy would be enough right? Well apparently that part isn't supposed to be there at all. Had a 1700dmg loss in my Hellcat, dude in 2nd had 1200, mission completed!

Some of them have bad wording, some are straight up wrong.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Have you done the SPG "Damage an enemy that remains unspotted by your team" mission?

So far counter battery on enemy SPGs doesn't seem to work, and the few unlucky sods I was able to blind fire in camping areas didn't count either. Maybe cause they were tier 3's.

Google-fu is the answer! Found this on wot forums:

Kassimila posted:

Just completed this mission. What it should actually say is "Do 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks". Do that and it will complete.

So this is one of those that is flat out wrong. He followed up with this:

'Kassimila posted:

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear. Ignore the fact that it says 'hidden'. Literally just do 1000 damage to any heavy tank. My friend has a different quest for spg-8, it's a bug in the client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Just did HT-15 in the E-75. Seriously didn't expect that 30sec into the match!
http://wotreplays.com/site/1537968#karelia-alleviatedrisk-e_75