Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
lol. pubbie complaining that all of his shots were missing because computers can't perfectly generate random numbers, and that pseudorandom number generators are the reason he lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
which one of you guys had that hilarious sixth sense icon with the guy with the bug eyes? I want it and i can't find it

e: this one

I dont see it in aslain mod pack

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 4, 2015

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
getting matched against tons of tier 10 Professional Tank Masters that i can rarely pen as a tier 8 is loving dumb

:qqsay: <-me

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
the biggest problem i have with this game is being matched against tanks two tiers above me that completely outclass my tank. the learning curve is steep enough that i don't feel like i should have to memorize every single tank's 80mm Magic Weak Spot just so that i might be presented with an opportunity to contribute in some meaningful way besides sitting in afk bush with a bag of doritos spotting for my team. this is my first tier 8 tank and i have no business playing against a fully loaded maus tanklord that i can only hope to pen from the rear

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Magres posted:

Honestly, generally the weak spots are lower front plates, the cheeks of turrets, cupolas (bumps on top of turrets) or anything that isn't a perfectly smooth sheet of metal. If it looks funny, shoot the gently caress out of it. I don't memorize weakspots and while I'm not super great at the game, I'm good and my failings aren't a lack of knowing where to shoot tanks (it's more that my ability to read games isn't great, and in my quest to not die stupidly 30s into the game I play overly cautious).

FWIW you can shoot through the front of a Maus on a good (flat) shot with most Tier 8 guns if you load gold (shoot the little flat flaps hanging down in front of his tracks, iirc). Packing a healthy amount of gold (I'm gold-phobic because I'm always broke as gently caress on credits, so I pack like 3:1 silver ammo: gold ammo) is pretty much a requirement of playing well, because you need ways to overcome higher tier tanks that have lots of armor.

Also, don't be afraid to run away. It's super annoying to have to repeatedly run from fights in a slow heavy, but it's better than flailing ineffectually against something's armor. If I'm bottom tier in a game, I tend to try to go to the spot where pub mediums generally go, you'll be able to slice through the sides of most mediums no problem.
i totally agree with everything you've said, once i started doing the things you and other people in this thread described, i became way more productive. however when im matched against tier9/10 teams, it seems to me like you could play a t-44(the tank i play) perfectly - take as few risks as possible, engage in only the most favorable encounters, spot enemy traffic, and still ultimately amount to very little value. im also bad though, so there's that

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Salean posted:

Why would anyone ever want a tog

so that you can sell it for credits obv

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
these are some of the most easily trolled people i've ever seen. once your team secures a slight lead give the other team a "outplayed noobs", sit back, and watch as the chat box erupts :allears:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Azhais posted:

I love that thing

loving lol, is this coming to NA at any point? I'd pay to drive that regardless of how much negative camo it might apply

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Desuwa posted:

It cost about a thousand dollars

:chanpop: what the gently caress? is the Chinese imaginary tank market really that good that WG is seriously selling thousand dollar skins? or was that hyperbole

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
How the gently caress do you guys deal with e100/e75 in a basic medium? I can't seem to do poo poo to them in my t-54 unless I'm literally staring at a 90 degree angle into their rear end in a top hat. Is that pretty much standard poo poo or am I just bad

Everytime I see one I'm just like "k ill never pen him, even if I'm flanking for a buddy he'll just rightfully ignore me, I'm going somewhere else"

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Japanese Type 89 Heavy Tank:

:siren:VOMIT WARNING:siren:

:stonk:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

53 damage too much honestly.

:agreed:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Failed Goomba Stomp

i hope you reported that idiot

-everyone who plays this game

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
In what ways is AW supposed to be different from WoT? Even when watching streams of AW I can hardly tell it's a different game. Is it just WoT with modern tanks?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
the pubbie argument against winrate being a meaningful stat is pretty amusing.

"i have a 46% win rate because of the 5,000 games that I've played, I've been unfavorably paired with a bad team in ALL of them"
:goonsay:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:cripes:

this game was exactly as much fun as you can imagine a game with 15 TD could be

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
might be the best response i've received to the pansy recruitment text

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

might be the best response i've received to the pansy recruitment text

:laffo:

got another live one after pasting the PANSY recruitment during countdown

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
T-54 is objectively the best tank in the game

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
kinda worthless without the radio upgrade though

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lmao

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

McGavin posted:

There is nothing in this game more satisfying than killing someone from outside of draw distance.

you won't truly feel alive until you've deliberately rammed a friendly tank off the edge of a pier and into the ocean

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
why does a single tank in the wargaming shop cost as much money as an entire video game

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
artillery vehicles should be removed from this game and anyone with an investment in an artillery line should have their accounts banned until they've paid reparations in gold for all the damage they've dealt to other players

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
all-chat should be restored so that I can talk about obama, hitler, and "the gays" with a wider audience

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
holy poo poo what the gently caress is going on with the e100. 2700 hit points, nearly impenetrable.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Are there resources anywhere with suggestions on popular places to go with X tank? I find that I sometimes end up in really stupid places for whatever tank I'm using and now that I'm getting into games with tier 10 big boy tanks it's starting to hurt.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I prefer not to learn from my own experiences wherever possible in this game

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Every time I start really having fun in this game with a solid flank or favorable exchange, the Hand of God falls from the sky and sends me back to the garage :qq:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
also, I discovered last night that it is possible to be placed in to a match with 5 arties on the opposing team

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, this used to be an issue so they solved it by nerfing arty

they sure did!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Prav posted:

they're buffing the E 75? what the gently caress

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/01/26/9-17-1-patchnotes-tank-changes/

that aim speed/turret bloom change is not minor either

lol.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:negative:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
to be fair, they all deserved it

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
My TK policy is as follows:

• kill friendly pubs with low health towards the end of a winning match and watch them have a meltdown in chat
  • kill friendly pubs that are mouthing off
  • kill friendly pubs that bump me while I'm aiming
  • track friendly pubs that are going to finish off an enemy tank before I get a shot

Also, I got a handful of hourly bans, then a 7 day ban, and last night got my first 30 day ban. You're safe until you start powering through those hourly bans I think.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Last night we had some loving jackoff that got mad at the team, decided not to participate, and hid behind a rock. I hit that guy with some good poo poo and got immediately banned.

Atomizer posted:

How the hell do you get to the point where you can even earn a month-long ban?!

I've also shot badllama a LOT

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 27, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Barry posted:

Honestly you just sound like an rear end in a top hat and should probably be banned longer. That's what this shitass community really needs, bigger assholes to "teach them a lesson" or whatever.

:qq: sorry if you can't handle me cleaning up your little "community"

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Hey you are the one that TKd me yesterday. I (FisuleNam) said that I was going to send a screencap in a support ticket. I guess that was highly effective...

you're gonna have to be more specific

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
That certainly sounds like something I would do, but I don't have that tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Good.

My back loving hurts so god drat much.

couldn't help but notice you don't have any TKs on the scoreboard :colbert: