Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Post your setups for watching some of the quaintest and most comforting anime Christmas episodes, OVAs and movies.

I'm going to watch The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and drink a big warm mug of drinking chocolate while sitting in front of my fireplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i have already watched Toradora this month and i just watched that on my computer screen :/

since im going to be home tomorrow night i will watch The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya while sitting on my couch eating leftovers from my family's Christmas Eve Dinner

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Non-Tokyo Godfathers answers are invalid.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Ping Pong episode that takes place during Christmas is heart-warming and also a little depressing.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Also Disappearance with a faithful recreation of the sukiyaki hotpot they make in the movie

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Let's have a Christmas with the k on gang

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Srice posted:

The Ping Pong episode that takes place during Christmas is heart-warming and also a little depressing.

This is what I'm going to re-watch while I'm alone in my apartment. I'll even buy myself a little cake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was a ping pong christmas ep???? I don't remember that

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm going to watch the Saint Young Men movie! :neckbeard:

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm going to watch Junkers Come Here, and like Hiromi I'll set up an entire Christmas Party only to have my loved ones not show up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to watch Graveyard of the Fireflies followed by Gundam 0080 so get me in to the Christmas spirit.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
My favorite Xmas movie is battle royale

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

My favorite Xmas movie is battle royale

drat, I haven't watched that in years either, adding it to my list.

Not Battle Royale 2 though......

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The Sailor Moon Christmas albums are a riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZX32NvRvY

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAe5MMJZ2w

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

that feel when you realize kids these days wont recognize the epic toonami announcer voice

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 24, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

that feel when you realize kids these days wont recognize the epic toonami announcer voice

I don't recognise it because I'm British.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I'll be watching Episode 11 of Soni-Ani: SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION "A Saint is Coming to Town"

Will Super Sonico and the rest of First Astranomicl Velocity be able to to save the shopping district when a new mega department store threatens to run them out of business? And will they be able to grant little Ayaka-chan's Christmas wish?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving that jungle beat

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

0080 War in the Pocket.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to watch the episode of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki where the catgirl fights santa

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvPKwzT3jZk
merry christmas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Merry Christmas to you too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought I told you drat kids to stop not watching Tokyo Godfathers.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm watching this episode:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gundam 0080, the Love Hina christmas special, and the Sailor Moon S movie while eating peppermint bark

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

I'll be watching Tokyo Godfathers, Disappearance of Haruhi, Love Hina christmas special, and the Cardcaptor Sakura christmas episode.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I never finished Uchoten Kazoku, but I remember there were Christmas elements in it. No idea why I stopped, it was good stuff.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone know what happened with that Santa anime kickstarter from last year? I think it was from last year anyway.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I am watching Grave of Fireflies, a story about Americans bringing Christmas to Japan.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

0080 War in the Pocket.

This, while eating hamburgers

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehjOtD2SV8
Merry Christmas to you, too.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz I guess

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There was a ping pong christmas ep???? I don't remember that

It was the episode where Wenge was getting along with his fellow ping pong players and singing karaoke and having a good time all around and then it cuts to Smile sitting alone in a dark room, with a tiny cake in front of him.

Might not have been the subject of an entire episode but drat does it count.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

It was the episode where Wenge was getting along with his fellow ping pong players and singing karaoke and having a good time all around and then it cuts to Smile sitting alone in a dark room, with a tiny cake in front of him.

I know that feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Srice posted:

Ddamn....

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2d7UhK5SAE
Mandatory listening.

Also I guess I'll watch Endless Waltz later, yeah.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm sick and live in Minnesota, so now is the perfect time to watch the episode of Hidamari Sketch where Yuno has a fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imagine how sick a space dandy Christmas special would be...

• Locked thread