Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
Lacryma Episode 31 Chapter 16 pt.1

I have no idea what most of this means. My best guess is Ele is commenting on how Kun has adapted to the group.

This intro is unique in that there is actually a sound effect for the door getting broken down.

Well it's not unique, but it's something that makes it stand out.

Anyways, behold the 3-D rendered Miles and Golem Phantoms.

Not pictured: Lacryma and Rimzan standing around and discussing something.

Knight 2 "It's judgement from God. They supported the Rebels.[/i]
Knight 1 "They got what they deserve."
Knight 2 "They should have dropped Eden earlier. Then we wouldn't had to suffer as much."

It's kind of hard to see, but Kun have turned and started listening in on the conversation.

Knight 2 "We don't have any obligation to help the Idorus people."
Knight 3 "You're right. Why do we have to follow the Chief and get killed?"

Wow, what a bunch of ignorant assholes.

As a matter of fact, I do :colbert:

"You're happy that Eden fell? Innocent people died!"
Knight 1 "Look at what we have here. Someone thinks he's a hero."
Knight 3 "He thinks he's better than us!"
"That has nothing to do with it!"

Come on Troy, we're at the late game. Were at the stage where every other JRPG protag team is taking down gods. What are 3 redneck guards gonna do to oppose us?

Knight 1 "Listen kid, it's not our fault Eden fell. This is war, and there are always victims."
"Not your fault!? If you didn't back out the last time, this wouldn't have happened!"

Well to be fair, while the military have been less than efficient, they aren't the cause for Saradiart going nuts and dropping Eden.

Knight 2 "They always cause problems in Rebus. All they have is pride and ego. They deserve to die."
"What did you say!?"
"Ele, don't get involved in this!"
Knight 2 "Idorus supported the Rebels. Whoever risks their lives to help them is a loser."
Knight 1 "They're the ones who caused this. We have no obligation to help them."

Knight 3 "Since you brought it up, the operation failed because of Vigilance."
"What!?"
Knight 3 "We trusted Lacryma, but she deceived us..."
"How dare you say that!?"
Knight 2 "You want to fight us? Go ahead, but you're going to regret it."
"Back off, Kun! If you hit them, you'll never be a Knight!"
Knight 3 "He's right. A trainee has to obey a Knight completely. Or would you rather disregard the rule?"

Yeah, screw the rules! We have Kartia! Kick their rear end. :black101:

Knight 3 "Stupid rule? Are you calling our regulations stupid!? Shut up, you wench!"
Knight 1 "Idorus doesn't need a wench like you!"
"Wench! Who are you calling a wench!?"
"Stop Ele! Who cares what they say!"
"I do! I have my pride!"

Knight 1 "Are you sure, kid? I thought you wanted to be a Knight?"
"Not anymore... Not if I'll become someone like you."
:allears:
Knight 3 "You asked for it..."

"Right on time, Chief!"
We could have taken them. :colbert:
"Rimzan, these people are mean!"
:haw:
Knight 3 "Chief! This lad disobeyed us!"
Knight 1 "He also insulted us. He's a disgrace to all Knights..."
Knight 2 "I ask for you to give him the proper punishment!"
This is devolving to kindergarten.

Ha! Take that bullies! 90's justice! Man, I should re-watch Karate Kid. :v:

Knight 1 "What!?"
Knight 1 "Has the Chief lost his mind?"
"I'm feeling fine. He was supposed to be anointed a long time ago. I didn't want to postpone it any further. Now, do you wish to continue?"

Yeah, that's right. Run home to mommy and complain about it. Dicks! :argh:

"You were worried about me?"
"Don't take it the wrong way."

"Chief..."
"They forgot what it meant to be a Knight. I can't stand that. Too much ego..."
"Congratulations, Kun!"
"Thank you!"
"Too much ego? I would be in trouble if I was a Knight."
"You can't even be a trainee."

The clock is certainly ticking, only 4 more chapters after this one, and the game is over. Oh no!
I'd want to say that the game doesn't waste time but... Friggin' Troy and your friggin' filler :argh:

What happened to "Innocent people died when Eden fell" Kun? :colbert:

The soldier simply collapses on his own.

"Kanyam, what happened?"
Kanyam "Our town... Phantoms of Eden attacked out town..."
"Lacryma, Ele! We have an injured person here!"
"What did the Phantoms do?"
Kanyam "I... just loving... told you, idiot! Countless Phantoms attacked our town..."

"Is it the town... Is the town on the border?"

Kanyam "Please help Sir Assam..."
"Hey! Hang in there!"

Unfortunately, Kanyam doesn't survive his injuries. However, it turns out Assam didn't die.
Wait, why do we care again?

"Had I killed the General of the Rebels..."
"No time for regret. We have to do something now!"
"You're right..."
"Wasn't that guy who fell in love with Alana?"
"The rich weirdo who proposed to her."
"Let's go, Lacryma ! We have to help them!"
"I agree..."

Actually, we're out of time, so we'll cover that next update.
Maybe it won't take another 3 days to update. Who am I kidding? I need LP Anonymous to help stop updating.
I have a problem! Halp! :v:

Lacryma Episode 31 Chapter 16 pt.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

Sazero posted:

"I'm not going to run off to try and create Eden in an attempt to resurrect Assam."
:v:

[snip]

On a more lighter note, I just noticed that Toxa is traveling in an all female party.
Toxa is the pimp Kun wishes he was.[/i]

"Aw hills yis. This gun' be gud mawn."

No, I don't know why Toxa has a southern accent like this, but it's the only way I can picture him speaking with this face. :colbert:

Just wanted to say that lines like this are always my favorite part of this LP.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I'm really bad at taking compliments, because I feel like I should have a better response than "Thanks".
On the other hand it feels nice to know people appreciate something I did.
So thanks.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Lacryma Episode 32 Chapter 16 pt.2

I'm unsure if Eden blew the buildings up like this or if it was the Phantoms.
I wonder if Mythbusters would do an episode of Eden falling?

Assam "Chief Rimzan?"
"I'm glad to see you're alive!"
Assam "Same here, sir!"
I'm reading that as Assam being glad that Assam is alive. Because who wouldn't be happy that they're alive?
"You're injured... Leave the rest to us and retreat..."
Assam "Thank you, sir."

After the riveting dialogue with Assam he leaves the rest to us.

Why not? I mean the city is already clearly razed and you have rescued the sole survivor. Well, I guess the Phantoms could migrate to other cities to raze them.

"There's only a few Phantoms... This should be easy."
"No, there's more... They're hiding somewhere..."
"You can sense them?"
"I can sense their murderous intent. It's just intuition..."
"It's too dangerous to rely only on your intuition."
"Her intuition tends to be reliable."

What? The city has a name you know! It's not just a piece of land!

Anyways, as opposed to Toxa's Chapter 16 and the fight with Cross and Asty, Lacryma only gets to murder more Phantoms.
This map is only more difficult than Toxa's because it's larger and are thus a larger test of your patience. :v:

Now that Kun has become a full fledged Knight. He get's all the bells and whistles.
That means A rank equipment and a WHOLE 3 KARTIA STAT. So Kun turns out to be a worse Toxa who cannot create Phantoms.
He also doesn't get to ride any sweet 6 winged red Dragons. I bet Toxa painted red flames on his, so it'll fly faster.
I know I would. :colbert:

I'm able to create a +4 Kusanagi Blade, because Lacryma get's "Soul" Text before Toxa does.

If you can recall, and I don't blame you if you don't, I've been digging up a ton of treasure and equipment.
More specifically I've been getting the "War God" Armor set. It's A rank, so it should be really good considering I've not been able to equip it before... Now...

It's poo poo. It's worse than loving Diamond Armor. :argh: So the only real use of this garbage is to give a Phantom A rank Armor so they can wear it?
And I could just have given them Diamond Armor instead? Waste of my Silk Kartia :(

Dream equipment on the other hand, is lighter and provide elemental resistances, so it's vastly superior.

Equipment Montage

New Kun

Old Ele.

New Ele. The best E rank armor I can create for her is Leather stuff and Enamel boots. Something something dominatrix joke. :v:

New Lacryma

Old Troy.

"New" Troy. Don't tell him, but I got the Platinum Armor from a used items store.

So the map itself is just infested with Phantoms.

This is a rather large map, so I won't be giving you the whole tour. Considering there are no gimmicks on the map.
It's just more Phantoms to kill. Really that's it.

Oh and I have an army of Dragons. So just a few highlights and then we're outta here.

This is our first real opportunity to use Takeru Thunder ourselves. But at this point we have better Wind spells. Hey speaking off...

So the highest tier single target spells we have averages at about 120ish damage. Not Thunder Copy.
That beast sits on a staggering 150 damage.

Unfortunately this Shadow Dragon does not have more than 56 Wind Resistance.

So Lacryma used the most powerful spell available to us to open her mother's grave? Are you kidding me? It one shots a Shadow Dragon!
It's her mothers corpse were in that grave, it would have been mutilated! Good thing it weren't then :v:

With nothing else of value to show in this mission, (Except Dragons shooting Phantoms from a 5 square distance? :shrug:) We'll end this with Troy getting the killing blow.

Oh hey, he leveled up. :v:

"Phew..."
"Hey, we won. Be happy!"
"But the town is destroyed..."
"Thinking like that won't help."
"All of this has no meaning."
"I agree."
How nihilistic of you. Everything has meaning, it's just that sometimes you don't like the meaning.
Wait... What does "nihilistic" even mean? Well unfortunately I have no time for online dictionaries.

To have to, or not to have to. That is the question. But really, those lines must have been translated incorrectly.

I spared you 30 minutes of reading about Dragons killing Phantoms. You're welcome.

Also, we got more of this mysterious Fynus stuff. Probably just trash.

"Since when did she become a fatalist?"
"Probably when she was born."
"What did you say?"
"Don't ask such a difficult question."
Don't be a dick Kun, he's just asking you to repeat yourself. :v:

Meanwhile.

"You know, riding a Dragon and soaring through the sky have really cheered me up, I don't even remember why I was sad in the first place."

Back to Lacryma.

Assam "I see... I was hoping I can see her again."

gently caress yeah, join us Assam. I mean he is pretty badass, he did all... those... things?
Wait, what the gently caress have Assam been doing other than being a reverse princess in distress?

Assam "I would love to join you, sir... But I think I'll stay here and protect these people."
Dude, you had trouble against Naga's. It's a wonder you have even survived at this point.
You're not going to be protecting anyone.

"If you think that the best thing to do, then do it."
Yep, they missed "is". I'm not taking responsibility for that typo. :colbert:
Assam "Forgive me, sir."
"I don't even know why I pretended to care. We'll be leaving. Take care of yourself, Assam."
Assam "Yes sir."

Damnit, we almost made it away.

"Yes, Assam?"
Assam "I have a favor to ask of you."
"You mean besides saving your life? Twice? If it's something I can do...
Assam "Could you give this letter to Alana?"

"I can't say anything about your father... But when I think about the upcoming battle with your father, I feel sorry."
"You don't have to, Chief."

"Kainas is your father. You can't change that."
"Nuh-uh! He's not my father."
"Lacryma... This is sad..."
"What's sad is the day that I knew I had to kill him. Now I live only to kill him."

Man this dialogue just flows like a river doesn't it?

"Lacryma, what have I told you about taking things from strangers?"

"Wait a minute! If you use an Original, you will vanish like your mother!"
"I was born because my mother violated the law... This is fate. I can't change that."
"I see you're determined... But what about Vigilance?"
"Assign Alana to take my place. She can handle it."
"All I can do is pray you don't use it."
"I'm sorry..."

Really? Yeah, that's totally gonna happen. Every secret Ele have had, have been babbled on to someone else. Every. Single. One.
But no, go ahead and trust her with this.

"Are you listening to me?"
"That's right! We can win without using the Original! We're capable of that!"
Finally some recognition that we're bad rear end.
"I can use this without the Text. And I'm the only one who can use it."
"Doesn't matter. Just don't use it."

This is sounding like Chrono Cross. Stop sounding like Chrono Cross. Please, for the sake of my sanity.

"You can't go against it. It's too powerful."
"It's our destiny to make the impossible possible!"
How could I not? :v:

"Feelings end, but love lasts forever. When I leave this world, I decided to bring his love with me."
"What are you even talking about? When did you decide this? When you became an inquirer? You said we're all doing this together and you're going to die!? You're just a liar!"

God dammit Lacryma, just when I was beginning to think you were cool, you pull this suicide/self sacrifice poo poo.
Why can't you just believe in me who believes in you? :kamina:

"What? Are you mad because I'm late?"
"No, I'm just not tired yet."
"Are you afraid of tomorrow's battle?"
"Maybe..."
"This is not like you. What's wrong?"
"When I saw the town destroyed, I got worried about home."

"You miss your father, right?"
"You're not sensitive, as usual..."
"What for... Tomorrow is the final battle. If you have something on your mind, say it now."

"I usually just run away... But Lacryma never ran away. She even has more problems than I have."
"I think she made it this far by fighting..."
"Troy, she's thinking of dying with Kainas."

"You think you can find how?"
"Out" is missing.
"I told you, I'm a genius."
"That's right... You're a genius."

"Ok, how's this... After the battle, we'll go to your mansion."
"I'll do my best."
"Hey, just don't push yourself too hard."
"Thanks Troy..."
"Just get some sleep. We cross the border tomorrow."

Somehow, Troy has become the person to hold things together.
Even though none of them really have an answer. Man, this update turned depressing. :(
But hey, we're the heroes, so I'm sure things will work out in the end.

Lacryma Episode 32 Chapter 16 pt.2

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Smug Troy never gets old for me. Also, you are doing good work; LPing this game that not many people seem to be interested in.

Sazero posted:

"I can sense their murderous intent. It's just intuition..."

Calling it now, Lacryma is some sort of half-Phantom hybrid.

sunburnedcrow fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 6, 2015

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Or maybe she's inherited Duran's "senses". We just need to get her a decent smirk and she'll be in good shape.

Yeowch, lots of typo's in that last sequence (not yours, the game's.) On the other hand, I like that interaction between Troy and Ele. Remember how they were at the beginning of the game? Always bickering and whatnot? Now, like you said, Troy is holding things together, and Ele is thinking about people other than herself. Even Kun has changed, going from a wide-eyed and clueless rookie to a guy who will stand up to assholes, even against his career interests. In fact, the only person who *hasn't* really grown is Lacryma, the protagonist of this scenario. She met her father, learned the truth, witnessed the fall of Eden, and something broke inside. She can no longer balance the law and her feelings, so now she's on a... I don't even know what to call it, a law spree? An anti-rampage? She's hell-bent on restoring order at all costs. That means killing heretics remorselessly (namely, her father), getting rid of Eden, and if she dies in the process, that's okay because she's only alive thanks to forbidden magic anyway. And her friends aren't sure how to save her from herself.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

It's also possible that her situation is so hosed up that she wants to make some meaning of her life. And if she dies in the process, all the better because then she doesn't have to deal with her identity to being a fraud and a sham.
She wants all hope to be lost so she can justify going to the most extreme measures to fix things (namely sacrificing herself.) and die.

All her life, the idea of being good and abiding by the law have been so ingrained in her that she would rather self destruct than be "evil and unlawful".
It's also why she doesn't really develop, because there is no room in her character to be selfish or do things that she wants to do despite the law, and learn what she really wants.
There is no opportunity for her to see that while abiding the law is good, it's not the end all be all of human existence. In fact, I don't think Lacryma have ever thought about what she wants in life.

But I'm sure that Lacryma's chapter gets a story book ending. At least I hope so, for Kun's sake at least.

-

I don't think that there isn't interest for Kartia. I mean sure, it's not millions of views. But the thread have been viewed a couple of times.
Shout out to Grandma! Thanks for the 10000 views! :v:
I'm kidding, but the real answer is that I'm assuming there are a couple of lurkers around and they just felt like they had nothing to contribute to the thread.
And that's fine. I'm lurking other LP's without necessarily responding to them, because I have nothing to communicate about the LP.

But just you wait, this LP is just the first step to reaching internet stardom. The dream of being paid to play video games WILL become real!
Mwuhuhuhahahahahahahahaha *Twirls fake mustache*

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Haha Troy is trying to play it cool but he's actually legit worried about Lacryma.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.1

Because of spoilers in Toxa's Chapter 17, we'll be doing Lacryma's first this time around.

Hold on to your hats people, because the crazy storm is coming.

"That's better for us."
"There's no hope for the Rebels now."
"Don't get too confident."
"That's right. The real enemy is in the Encrypter School."
"Until we kill the person responsible for this..."
"This tragedy will continue."
"We have to destroy Akueldo. Which includes Saradiart, Raguruzet, and Vandor..."

"May God protect you..."
"Take care, Rimzan."

Rimzan leaves to... Err... I honestly don't know. Something? Yeah, Rimzan leaves to do something.

DRAGON ROAR!

I dare you to find a more stylish entry to anything. Nothing beats arriving on a Dragon. :colbert:

So anyways, this scene have caused me quite a bit of trouble, trying to figure out how to format it.
The scene itself is in both Lacryma's and Toxa's chapter, but it will have different dialogue between characters.
There are also minute differences, which I will point out in Toxa's chapter.

"Troy?"
"Alana, what are you doing here?"
"Alana!"
"Lacryma!"

"The Dragons were given to us by an old hairy Elf."
"Hairy Elf?"
"It's a long story... I'll tell you later."
"Also, I want a rematch."
"You bet. I want to see how strong you've become."
"This time, I won't lose."
"You're confident. Did something happen?"
"Kun is officially a Knight now."
"Finally! Congratulations!"
"Thank you."
"This time, I'm betting on Kun."
"You're going to regret it."
"After the war, we'll have the rematch!"
"You got it!"

Characters will move around and talk to other characters during this meet up. We'll get all the dialogue, don't worry. But it's split between chapters.

"I'm going to ask father to establish Vigilance on the estate."
"We already have one."
"Are you telling me to keep depending on Lacryma? Since Eden fell on Idorus the estate is a disaster!"
"You're right... We can't ask them to take care of the Idorus side..."
"Right?"
"But what made you come up with that idea?"
"I learned that there are a lot of things I can't do on my own. I want you to be the chief of Vigilance on the estate."
"Chief? I thought you wanted to be the chief?"
"But you're more qualified."

drat kids, just grow up so darned fast.

"I guess I have..."

"You're right... Where's Bach?"
"He left while we were at Headquarters."
"Selfish as usual... I wonder where he went..."
"He went to kill Saradiart. He's probably already there."
"By himself? Why?"

"Did you find an answer?"
"Yes, I've become an Inquirer."
"You have a tough battle ahead of you."
"I know."
"Lacryma... Because of me, Duran is..."
"I heard it from Posha. It's not your fault."
"But..."
"Duran assigned you to take his place. I'm happy he chose you."
"Thank you, Lacryma."

"A lot of things have happened in the past several months. But I'm glad that I had a chance to meet and fight along side all of you!"
"I feel the same way!"
"Me, too!"
"It's hard to express how happy I am..."
"We always will be! No matter what happens!"
"Yes! So let's try and do this again, but under better circumstances! I pray for everyone's safe return."

This is the very last meet up between characters in the actual game. And I really like it, both groups were on their way to their date with destiny, but saw some friends and took time to catch up.
But it also helps to hammer in the fact that characters have changed. The most prominent growth is Kun and Ele. At least among characters we've seen dialogue for. But as I said, don't worry
other characters interact in Toxa's Chapter. My OCD to finish things is killing me so expect more updates soon. :v:

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.1

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

Sazero posted:

To have to, or not to have to. That is the question. But really, those lines must have been translated incorrectly.

It makes me think that maybe the translators were not native English speakers. I think Kun was just trying to say that they have to fight not because it's their job or duty, but because they want to help people or protect the ones dear to them, or something.

I wonder why they decided to split up the story like this in the first place. I mean, it's good to see different dialogue for the same scenes, but given how you're presenting the chapters in chronological order, it seems like the story makes more sense that way, especially since they don't really repeat a lot of information. If we as viewers only saw half of the chapters at a time for each person's campaign, it would feel rather incomplete, but maybe that's just me.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.2

Pictured: Lower back problems. drat Lacryma, doesn't standing like that hurt?
Also, errr, you legs are kind of bending the wrong way. My eyes hurt just looking.

I have to admit, I have had a really hard time connecting with Lacryma as a character.
It's probably why she is my least favorite character. Well okey she ranks above Zakuro.
Obviously. :v:

"That's Lacryma's father..."
"Lacryma!"
"Calm down, they're not going to kill each other right away..."
"But..."
"Get ready to jump in anytime."

"You're an Inquirer? Then you are my daughter."
"Now answer my question. Why have you changed? You loved the law and you protected order!"
"I hesitated to learn about Kartia as a Shrine Warrior. I could have learned about the Original, using my authority as an Inquirer..."

"I'm not going to make any excuses. I'm a heathen. I'm the Rebel who caused the chaos on Rebus."
"If you're accepting your crime, then surrender!"
"If you're going to preserve the law, kill me."

I have no idea what the point of this whole thing is anymore. And I've given up trying to make sense of it. I'm just riding along now.

Look at this sentence and try to make sense of it. They've all been "Nooo Lacryma, killing your dad is baaaad." and then Kun goes and says something like this.

Whatever... Let's just embrace the insanity and murder Lacryma's dad.

Alright so we have our starting army with 12 Dragons. And let me just say, I hate this map.

To the left and right corners we have these suspicious Phantoms here. I wonder why...

Aha! I knew it. Trying to hide treasure from me are you? Well that won't work on me game!

This Kyau, will never get to move.

So the map is symmetrically built. The most tedious part of this is picking up all the treasure.

We have these stair cases to the sides of the room which leads to treasure chests guarded by Dragons.

Finally we have the big man himself. Vandor and a few cronies.

The soldiers themselves are not noteworthy.

But Vandor himself sports A rank equipment and ranks. He doesn't gently caress around.
Unfortunately for him we have superior equipment since we can +4 ours and he didn't.
But considering he wants to play hard, then fine. LET'S PLAY HARD :getin:

See this list of Phantoms? See that last spot? I do. And it holds a secret. Oh yes.
In order for the game to reveal to us what's in that last spot, we need the Unlimited License. Which we actually get this map.
But, since Vandor is a dirty lawbreaking criminal. I say, let's give him a taste of his own medicine.

First, we pick the Kyau, as the Phantom we want. We don't just want any Kyau, so we'll pick "Mix".

First we put in these Texts, the order doesn't particulaly matter, but I always write it in this order because I find it humorous to have the words Absolute Beast next to each other.
It just sounds cooler okey? Anyways. The trick to this thing is the hidden Text we got from Chapter 15. The one we got without using Mithril or World Tree Kartia. Remember?
Well I'm about to cash in on our reward.

Behold!

ULTIMATE POWER!!!!!!!!
The Fynus Phantom is hands down the best melee Phantom in the game. Natural A ranks and sky high resistances. Even if I were to hit it's weak spot I still couldn't one shot it with one spell.
It can wear a full set of equipment and it can wear everything in the game that isn't specific to a unit type. Let's break the game further hmm? I make it sound like I haven't already.

What if I told you, we can create the ultimate weapon right now? Let's do it.

Say hello the the Soul Blade, the worst ultimate weapon in the history of video games.
What's so bad about it? Well...

It only sports a +1 damage and 21 hit over the Kusanagi Blade +4. And that weapon even deals bonus +16 damage to Commons.
The next weapon you can compare it to is the Dream Sword +4 which there is an 8 damage difference, but the Dream Sword makes you functionally immortal.
In other words, the Soul Blade sucks. It's largely because we can't +4 it as it requires all our Kartia slots to even make. There is a way to get a Soul Blade +4 but it involves the Arena and ugh.
Why even bother?

I did miss a secret combo, which is the "War God" armor set, which I could have created a while back.

I actually have a slot over to improve it.

As you can see it have pretty decent defense. But the question is...

Would you rather have your stats look like this...

Or this? The difference is 5 defense or 46 damage reduction to spells.
This is what makes B rank armor better than A rank armor. Well not only this.
A rank armor is actually a lot more rarer to create or find. So Dream Armor is basically the best Armor in the game,
Along side the Dream Sword/Dream Katana.

This isn't dumb at all. Our Fynus will shrug off most spells. Even it's "Weakness".

I decided I want to give this Shadow Fynus absolutely ridonkulus defense.

With that said, there is absolutely nothing interesting in this map. I mean yeah, you fight Vandor. But I don't even take damage anymore. I literally have God mode on right now.
The only person on my team who takes damage is my Dragons and Troy. And when Troy takes damage he can just punch a dude in the face to heal 28 hp. So let's just skip the the end of the fight.
For your sanity and mine.

Our Fynus's don't even get to see real combat because I delegate them to treasure duty.

I know, instead of just skipping things. Let's go over some miscellaneous things. For example, remember that spell modifer that said "Reduces hp by X amount"?
Well what that means is that it does damage to the caster. You want to know what's really interesting about this effect? It is not 100% guaranteed, it can actually miss the character.
It's why Lacryma is in the "Got hit" animation here.

This idiot soldier decided to attack Lacryma, dealing no damage.

Lacryma counters and get's 14 hp. She only lost 5 from Thunder Copy. Still technically I'm so strong whatever the game does just makes me stronger.
Have I become Saradiart?

To further illustrate my point...

I'm not just stomping this game. I'm Dragon stomping it. :smug:

Anyways, enough loving around. Let's end this battle the only way that's appropriate.

By freezing Vandor to a popsicle because you have to be an ice cold queen to kill your own dad.

Huh. That's it?

So yeah, I lost some dragons, who cares.

Next time, the finale to the penultimate Lacryma chapter.

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.2

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Daigerus posted:

It makes me think that maybe the translators were not native English speakers. I think Kun was just trying to say that they have to fight not because it's their job or duty, but because they want to help people or protect the ones dear to them, or something.

I wonder why they decided to split up the story like this in the first place. I mean, it's good to see different dialogue for the same scenes, but given how you're presenting the chapters in chronological order, it seems like the story makes more sense that way, especially since they don't really repeat a lot of information. If we as viewers only saw half of the chapters at a time for each person's campaign, it would feel rather incomplete, but maybe that's just me.

I think the better approach to this would have to have the game split it's attention to Toxa and Lacryma in just a single playthrough, like how the LP panned out.
I didn't play it in the particular chronological order, but it generally makes sense. There might have been a chapter in Lacryma's story that happens before Toxa's.
But since the details of those chapters didn't bleed over and affect Toxa's chapter it's largely unimportant which happened first.

I think by splitting up the characters you can focus on the "smaller" plot that is happening in each characters story. And by playing both you get a more complete look over
what happens and why. Sort of like how you can read a book to completion then go back and read it again and say "Ah, so that's why X happened."

The only real down side is that there is twice as much tutorial as there should be :colbert:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.3

:siren:MUSIC:Unknown Title X:siren:

I promise this is the last update today. :v:

"I have no regrets... Go ahead, fulfill your destiny!"
"Farewell, father!"

"You're going to regret this!"
"Get out of the way..."
"No!"
"I said get out of the way!"
"You don't really hate your father, do you!?"
"That has nothing to do with it. I must do it!"
"Your father may have done terrible things... But for a child to kill her father is worse!"
Errr... Really? Oh wait, sorry, this is a friendship speech. My bad.

"When you hit me, you were trying to teach me that human life and feelings are precious... Were you lying to me!?"
"I wasn't lying to you... But it is my mission as an Inquirer to punish violators of the law."
"What good is it to pursue your mission if it means to kill your father? You are the one who's going to get hurt in the end."
"This is my fate, my destiny... I can't forgive violators of the law."

"What do you want me to do? You both want me to violate the law?"

"Why Troy?"
"You're an Inquirer. You are no bound by your destiny."
"But if I don't kill him now, the world will not be saved."
"Listen to me. There's more to what your father said."
"More?"
"He used to preach to me when I was a kid."

"A judge without love..."
"I don't think killing your father will save the people."
"Please stop, Lacryma... I don't want this to haunt me..."
"Lacryma... Put back your sword..."

And somehow that made everything better? That was rather... Uh anti-climactic? Okey I think it's dumb. :colbert: But whatever, let's just roll with it.

"Take me to court, that is, if you will allow me..."
"Father..."
"That should be Ok, right?"
"Right, Lacryma?"

Right, so Kainas is no longer evil. I guess we frost burned that away or something.

"Toxa's group went after Saradiart... Should we help them or should we go after the Commander?"
I'm sure Toxa can handle an immortal body splitting magic half-elf super boss or two. No biggies. :v:

"I have a favor to ask regarding that."
"What is it?"
"I want you to go to Pentagram to stop the tragedy."
"Why there?"
And what tragedy? :colbert:

"Correct... To create Eden, the Original "Heaven" and "Earth" Kartia are needed. If the Original "Heaven" is used..."
"The Original "Earth" destroyed Idorus..."
"The Original "Heaven" Will bring more destruction."

What? No, that's dumb. That's like super mega dumb. The reason "Earth" cause destruction without "Heaven" was because gravity is a thing. Eden is literally just a large mass of land. It isn't inherently destructive.
"Heaven" would allow Eden to be suspended in the Air. What would happen if it had nothing to suspend? Nothing would be my best guess. Or maybe it would create an atmosphere for Eden. Considering Elves and Half-elves can breathe
in the human worlds atmosphere, I can't imagine that being such a terrible thing to happen. It sounds really, really contrived to me. :colbert:

"Perhaps it will cause a worse disaster than Idorus... I want you to stop that."
If "Heaven" really would do that, then it would have done that when cast with the "Earth" Kartia as well.
"Pentagram is the territory of the Shrine Warriors. It should be perfectly guarded..."
"There are member of the Rebels, other than Akueldo."
"You mean Pentagram..."
"Cardinal Beltshumeltz..."
"The Cardinal is higher than the Archbishop. How can that be?"
"He thinks there is no God..."
"Father..."

Besides how could Beltshumeltz even use "Heaven"? They needed Mona to use it, as Beltshumeltz doesn't have memory of Edens "Heaven".

"What are you going to do, father?"
"I'll take responsibility for what I did. Good bye..."

What?

WHAT!?

And so, after kicking Kainas's rear end. Lacryma ends up helping her father with the very thing she wanted to kill him for.
I don't even. What the gently caress? I can't... Someone else will have to explain this to the thread, because I can't. No really.
As far as this subject goes, I'm out. :colbert:

:raise: What do you mean fly?

"Ok, what do we do now?"
"To Pentagram! We have to stop the Cardinal!"
"But Pentagram is to the west."
"It will take a week riding on a Kyau. Can we make it in time?"
YOU RIDE ON KYAUS? YOU HIDEOUS MONSTERS! HOW COULD YOU!? :argh:

They... They wouldn't... Would they?

"I used all my energy and this was the result... I thought I was using Saradiart, but he was using me."

"Eden was the answer... Life is cruel..."
"It's proof we lived as true humans. We did a good job."
"You're right..."
"I want to ask one last question."
"Go ahead..."
"Did Shell know the price of using the Original was death?"
"She knew. I told her... She knew she was going to die, but she chose to use the Original to save Lacryma."
"I see..."
"Are you upset because I kept this from you?"
"It was her choice... But thanks for telling me."
"Shall we begin? We have to end this, my friend."

Don't see how this was a secret considering it was Shell who told Kainas that the price to use an Original was Death.

And so they battle.

"Will you stop babbling?"
"I'm telling you, this isn't normal..."
Look everyone, Troy is afraid of flying on Dragons! :v:
"Are you afraid of the Dragon, Troy?"
"By law, humans are not supposed to be able to fly."
"Stop lying."
"What if we fell off? We don't even know how to ride this thing."

This is Troy getting his comeuppance.

"Yes, Daenerys. Yeah, yeah..."

Lacryma's party is stealing Toxa's flying dragon. Grand Theft Draconis!
Why isn't there a Grand Theft Auto mod, that turns every car into a dragon? WHY IS THIS AWESOME IDEA NOT A THING?

So Lacryma does get to fly on Dragons. I have to admit Toxa's introduction to them were cooler. :colbert:

And that's a wrap for err.. now. I'm gonna sit back and chill before updating again.
Anyways I think now is a good time to come forth with a small confession.
To really wrap this LP up in a way that resembles sanity, I have played through
the last of Toxa's campaign and I'm really just missing the last Chapter in Lacryma's to have fully completed the game.
So I'm kind not blind anymore. If you feel cheated well, I guess that's just the perks of being the LP'er. :v:

Lacryma Episode 34 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.3

Sazero fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 7, 2015

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I might have to replay the game just to tool around with the Fynus, now that it's known how to get it.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I'm both happy that I've made "Legend of Kartia" history, but at the same time sad I've also caused you to play the game. :v:
I'm just kidding, it was EggsAisle who tipped me off on how to get the "Pair" text.
And there was a gamefaqs guide as to which Texts you have to input to get a Fynus.

So really I've discovered nothing. :negative:
I'm just a fraud who leeched off others work!
I'm a sham! Well I guess that goes with being a LP'er. :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You do plan to show the real Ultimate Weapons, right? There's two.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Oh... errr... Sure... Totally. I knew there were two Ultimate Weapons. Yep, totally did... But just to.. err make you sure you do, what are they? :v:
Just spoiler tag them.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
I completely forgot that Lacryma hands over the Original 'Human'. Can't really come up with a good explanation for that, but the scene is pretty contrived in general. Which is too bad, because up till then I thought they were doing a nice job with this arc. The clunky dialogue doesn't help things either. The bit about "a judge without love" was just... ouch.

As for the Original 'Heaven' destroying the world... well, I just typed out a paragraph and realized it didn't make sense, so I'm back at square one. I feel like the game is kinda muddled on what Originals are and how they work, which makes it confusing. Maybe the writers got their final draft in late and there wasn't enough time/money to redo all the scenes for consistency. It happens. Either that, or nobody actually really *knows* what's going to happen when 'Heaven' is used, they just fear the worst (or in Saradiart's case, hope for the best.) That's not really reflected in their dialogue, everyone seems pretty sure of themselves, but I dunno. My meta-stance is that we're talking about a vastly powerful but difficult-to-control power, which has a special significance in Japanese culture. I'm not trying to say that Kartia is actually about nuclear energy, but the game world's wariness somewhat parallels the classic Japanese reservations.

I'm not sure what other ultimate weapon Tallgeese is talking about, unless he means deleted L20 Phantom items. Or something in the Arena. Speaking as an unrepentant fan of this game, I will say that the game's battles aren't fun enough to justify any real grinding. But maybe there's something I forgot about or didn't know about, you never know!

For completion's sake, make sure you show off the most powerful spell in the game. Start with Quake, then add Star + End + World + Law. It cleans up pretty thoroughly, even in the endgame.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I'm okey with "Heaven" actually being some sort of terrible thing, or just everyone thinks it is. Even if it makes no logical sense, because why not at this point. Everything can happen.
But what possible motivation could Beltschumeltz have for using it?
The plan Akueldo had was to create Eden with both "Earth" and "Heaven".
The fear was that it still wouldn't work and Eden would fall and destroy poo poo.
Saradiart used the Original "Earth" to create "Eden" out of spite of humanity.
So now "Heaven" is sort of worthless and Beltschumeltz can't actually create the complete Eden.
The plan has been foiled. So what is he even trying to do? Well that should hopefully get expanded on in Lacryma's final chapter.
I'm thinking the only reason that "Heaven" is terrible is because Beltschumeltz needs it to be, to be a credible villain.

I think it's a little less about nuclear energy and more about being wary of what is not completely understood, which... uh fits into the whole nuclear energy thing as well. :v:

As far as grinding items go. If you're insane enough to actually grind in this game then there are 2 reasons to do so.

One. Trading items. For some reason you can trade items between saves. I'm not too into the specifics but I think it would allow you to trade the phantom weapons you get.
So you could have 1 save file getting doing all the grinding and send it over to another file where you actually use them in a "vanilla" run.
Two. The game actually has NG+. However the only thing that carries over are items.
No Phantoms, Text or Grammar or Levels carry over.
That said, you can finish the game as Toxa and start a new game with Lacryma and roll around in Dream equipment and other good stuff.
Not that it really changes the experience. :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm talking about Excalibur from Arena that gives you 100 HP back per hit and the Boink Hammer from Lv. 20 Kyau.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

In that case, no. I won't be showing them off.
For different reasons.

The first because gently caress Arenas and the second because gently caress leveling Phantoms. Actually double gently caress the second one, because gently caress leveling a Kyau up to lvl 20.
If you want to show them off though, you totally have my blessing to do so.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Random discussion point: I like the design of the Fynus... Fynuses? Fyni? The Common and Shadow variants look hunched over, but when they move they suddenly expand and you realize those suckers are like 12 feet (a little over 3.5m) tall. It's kinda freaky. As for the Doll Fynus, it looks like a hovering diamond with a weapon sticking out of it, and when it moves, it turns itself inside-out. Just really weird designs that always stuck with me, I've never seen anything quite like them. Most of the other Phantoms are famous archetypes: Miles are Goblins, Lizauro are lizard (wo)men, Pardosi are centaurs, Kaliya are Naga... and hell, Golems and Minotaurs and Dragons are right out of well-known myths. But I've never seen or heard of anything like a Fynus.

Also, I'd love to know what Beltschumeltz's name is in the Japanese version, because given what I know about Japanese pronunciation rules, nothing in the language sounds remotely like that. Probably just one of the translators having fun.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

My best guess is that Fynisuseses :v: are probably homunculi?
My knowledge about these beings are rather small. But they are supposedly artificially created humans.
They pop up from time to time in fantasy media. But they are most closely connected to alchemy. I think...

The only real experience I can remember about them from any media stems from Full Metal Alchemist.
And the homunculi in that show doesn't really adhere to the real life myths, considering it's anime and none
of them look particularly abnormal except for maybe one of them. Oh and they all have super powers. So
I think we can disregard them as irrelevant.

As for the Fynus themselves, I like the Doll variation because it's like a weird robot. While the other Doll phantoms have
looked more skeletal in nature.

There's also the Satellas and Kabandas, which I have no god drat clue about. I suspect Kabandas might be from African folklore, though that's just a guess at best,
and not even a good one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm guessing that since Eden has fallen to Earth Rebus because it lacked a Heaven Kartia, then it is considered a part of Rebus. So making it fly with the Heaven Kartia now would rip apart the planet, maybe?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, I'm guessing that the Heaven Original gives flight to a section of land. (I.E. thrusting it into the heavens.) The rebels figured they could summon Eden, then immediately cast Heaven to prevent it from falling. Now, instead Saradiart is just going to cast Heaven on a random country and rip it into the sky, loving over everyone on, in, and around it.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Toxa Episode 33 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.1

I'm going to assume that Misty is talking about Duran here. Or she have broken the inter-dimensional walls.
Given how crazy things have been so far, I don't see why not at this point.

This is the same scene as in Lacryma's Chapter 17. So we join in just right after Rimzan have left on his... I wanna say important mission, but I don't actually know what he is going to do. :shrug:
Let's just move on.

Yep, dragons land just as before.

But here is when differences start to show.

"We're here..."
"That wasn't very comfortable."
I can't imagine it's disimilar to riding a horse. Albeit just flying.
"Hey, be careful! What is this? A Dragon with wings..?"
"Troy?"
"Alana? What are you doing here?"
"Going sunbathing.
"Alana!"
"Lacryma!"

"I saw Assam on the way over here."
"What!? He's alive!?"
"He's fighting the Phantoms while protecting the town."
"Good. He's alive..."
"He gave me a letter to give to you.By the way, your boyfriend is a total wuss. Couldn't even handle 3 Kariya's"
"At least my boyfriend can read... Unlike yours. For me?"
"Hey!"

"What?"
"After this battle, you guys can see each other anytime you want."
"That's right! Your fiance is alive! This is not the time to be depressed, Alana!"

"Ha, ha, ha! Oh, I just missed Lacryma's tea..."

Alana moves on to talk to someone else.

We won't actually hear Posha explain what happened to Duran. Instead...

"Trust... That is the evidence of a good man..."
"Karis, why did you become an Inquirer?"

"You're right. I want to know about him..."
"Thank you..."
Yeah, this is another awkward conversation. Moving on.

Hey now, Rimzan survived just fine. Don't see why Duran wouldn't.

Posha is much healthier now, compare to the last time we were gathered.
Last time, she took Troy's poo poo laying down and almost self destructed over it.
Now she verbally fights back and is actually a part of the discussion.

It's a little hard to see but Lacryma is looking down.

As you see, Posha has grown to a point where she can even tell her idol off.
It's a wonderful thing to see, really.

So remember the spoiler I talked about last Chaper? Here it comes...

Troy... What are you talking about? You shouldn't know a god drat thing about Beltshumeltz yet.
Stop breaking the time continuity, you're not Doctor Who. :v:

"Guess both of us have plenty of stories to tell..."
"Not much time to enjoy a reunion, huh?"

Yeah, this part is the same as well, but might as well show it again. Gotta pad that character number :v:

Lacryma still looks down and Ele notices it again...

However, we don't get Ele's inner thoughts this time. Honestly, we got a lot more info from this scene in Lacryma's Chapter than in Toxa's.
But let's move on the the main plot.

Toxa is showing a frightening ability to see into the future. Or an awareness of how the game mechanics works. :v:

We didn't ride in on our Dragons? Missed opportunity...

Do I really have to link it again? Of course Saradiarts theme plays again

What? I know that... Look Saradiart you don't actually pay anything. It's a figure of speech. Geeze.

"Saradiart! Where is Mona!?"
"She is in the next room."
"You will give Mona back to me!"

"When she sees the paradise I create, she will understand."
"Not if I have anything to say about !"
"Don't underestimate the power of the Elves!"
"I will do whatever it takes to stop you!"
"Do you really think you can kill me? What an idiot, I pity your ignorance."

"What is an Elf? A miserable little pile of glitter and pretentiousness! But enough talk! Have at you![/i]

What... But. No, they wouldn't. THEY WOULDN'T! THIS IS THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER. HOW COULD THEY! :argh:

"Let's get rid of these guys and get Saradiart!"
"Let's go!"

THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER IS FIIIIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEEER WHYYYYYY?

:negative:

But I could change it... I have the power. It would be irresponsible not to... Right?

Nah, if I have to suffer this. Then so should you. We're in this together. :colbert:

Right, so I'm unsure if we have to just kill the Soldiers or what. I burned the drat place to the ground, because gently caress this chapter. :colbert:

It's stupidly large, for no good reason.

There's stupid treasure chests, guarded by stupid Dragons.

Yes, they're down here too.

See? Look at how stupidly huge this drat place is.

Oh woe is me. Stupid Naga's...

There's stupid treasure, behind the stupid Soldiers..

I noticed that I had failed to properly show off the Fynuses last update...

When they're just standing on a square they're crouching together, but when they move they stretch their unnaturally large limbs and tower over us.

By the way, I feel I want to point out this spell...

Or rather it's pathetic damage on Toxa... Toxa's weakness is magic remember? :v:

By the way this Dragon got one shottet. Remember back when we encountered them for the first time? Our Phantoms were lucky to deal 20 damage.

Spell Montage time!

So there have been words in the thread... About a certain spell. And it's finally within my grasp. I present to you...

METAL GEAR Rear Water!

The animation for this spell doesn't really fit Gif's. So you'll have to make do with this.
Anyways it's kind of bad despite being the last Area Water spell we get.

Anyways, I skipped a ton of this map. There were some reinforcements too, but it was just more soldiers so who cares...

Killed a bunch of dudes... I can't convey how much I hate this map. I mean it's not the map itself that's a problem just that it's the penultimate chapter. Dick move Kartia... You don't put filler right before the finale.

Oh yeah, and we're still getting Text by the way. :v: This game sometimes...

Toxa Episode 33 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.1

Sazero fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 9, 2015

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Toxa Episode 33 Penultimate Chapter 17 pt.2

"Toxa! There's Mona!"

But we aren't dead... :colbert:

Uh oh, I'm getting bad feelings, guys. Really bad vibes here...

Blammo! Misty got taken out.

But Saradiart isn't waiting around. He zaps Karis next.

Now that I think about it. We didn't really have a plan on how to knock Saradiart out exactly...

"Toxa! It's a trap!"
Alana, what the gently caress is the point of that sentence? You're trapped in the room with Saradiart.
"Humans are really stupid! That is your downfall!"

Saradiarts gathers energy again and...

Blasts Toxa, uncontested.

Toxa isn't completely knocked out by the blast. Either showing inhuman tenacity or Saradiart is running out of juice.

"Please! Don't kill Toxa! Please, I beg of you..."
"They were sent by the Elves to kill me!"
"That's because the humans and Elves want their worlds back... San, please stop this...."
"Mona, you know I can't do that. If I stop here, we will be treated as heathens again. Think of what they did to our mother..."

"The game is over!"
"San!"

This is it guys. We have nothing in our hands to play. Toxa might have survived one blast, but another? Yeah I don't think so...
Well it was a good run. But I have to say the game had a bitter ending. I have to say it's daring to let the villain win in a game.
But I do think it adds to the artistic va-

:stare:

"I'm Bach, baby. Oh hell yeah."

"Why is Bachstail here!?"

Wait.. How is Karis and Misty even remotely okey, when the same spell completely decimated Duran? HE NEEDED SURGERY.
Duran you wimp. :v:

"This is the Original. The Kartia that controls "Death"!"
"Then what was the Kartia stored in Idorus?"
"Made in China. That one was fake. Sorry, I couldn't get to you in time."

I feel like I've forgotten something... I know it's important, but I just can't remember...

"Let me tell you what will happen to you if..."
"Don't waste your breath... I already know."

"... I don't care about human beings. You can't win..."

That's a different spell animation to the fake "Death" Kartia. I think it's a neat touch. Not only that, but it isn't
all dark shadows and skeletons with scythes. It's actually quite different to what you'd expect.

Saradiart is darkening and...

He simply fades from existance. This time, there is no body. Not a single particle of his existence remains.
Complete and true obliteration.

"Saradiart is gone!"

:smith: Goodbye you cool old man.

At least it is finally over.

"What happened to him?"
"That is the price you pay when you use the Original..."
"The price you pay... What are you talking about?"
"What happened to him?"
"Your life is the price you pay..."
"Then Bachstail is..."
:smith:

"Because I... Toxa, I..."
"Mona..."
"It's over, Toxa."
"Yes, the war is over..."
"Now, the Old Elf can return Eden and the Phantoms to where they belong."
"Rebus will be peaceful again..."

"It's a disease you get when you work as an Inquirer for a long time..."
How could Karis not be the best character? I know I compared her to Batman earlier, but she actually feels more like a noir detective in a fantasy setting.
And it's great. :allears:

"We should go out and check!"
"That's an easy and assuring way to confirm their promise."

I'm sure it'll be fine. Anyways, we finally did it. We've taken down Saradiart, stopped Akueldo and saved the day.... Now we really just have to check up on Lacryma...

Toxa Episode 33 PENULTIMATE Chapter 17. pt.2

... wait what? Penultimate chapter? What is going on here? Saradiart is dead. This is the ending!

Oh boy... I knew I forgot something.

:siren:VOTING TIME:siren:

We are finally at the end of the LP... Well nearly at the end of the LP.
I know we started off with Toxa's chapter and we've continually alternated between characters.
But that is NO MORE! I know, it's a crazy world we live in.

So here it is.
Which characters ending do you want to see first?
Do we follow Troy Lacryma to Pentagram and find out what Beltschumeltz is planning?
Or do we walk with Karis Toxa to check up on whether the Elves have fulfilled their promise?
Whichever reaches THE MOST votes until I next decided to update, will win.
The choice is yours.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Eh, let's finish with Karis and co first.

Edit: Also rip Bachstail, too rad for this world

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 9, 2015

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Gotta go with Toxa's Avengers.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Go with Lacryma. Also, there's a missing end strikethrough tag in part 1 of Toxa's penultimate chapter.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lacryma

Toxa will prob be a good book ends.

Mercurial
Mar 28, 2006

Elixirs are expensive, you know.
Toxa all day.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Hopefully the voting pushes us onto another page, this one takes forever to load. :v:

Oh yeah, and it's gotta be Toxa

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We have seven posts to go till the next page after this one, so it's doable.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Toxa Penultimate Chapter 17.1 Patch notes:

-Fixed a broken strike through tag.

Because the text is at least 50% easier to read now, Toxa's Penultimate Chaper have been released as the Remastered Edition.

-Added "Remastered Edition" to Toxa's Chapter 17 title.

Unfortunately for everyone my Kickstarter to help fund the title change was not met. Mostly because it was imaginary, but that can hardly be said to be my fault.

-Removed "Remastered Edition" to Toxa's Chapter 17 title.

:v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Well maybe if you put better stretch goals than "Will buy myself a pizza, think of my backers while I eat it." :colbert:

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

Sazero posted:

Toxa Penultimate Chapter 17.1 Patch notes:

-Fixed a broken strike through tag.

i honestly thought that was intentional, like that was your way of showing spite to the game's penultimate filler mission in a self-deprecating way and how it started right as you were raging at its fillerness. :allears:

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
I would say finish up Toxa's scenario. Lacryma's ending wraps up the whole package pretty well, I think, and IIRC it's the last episode number too.

Good try, Bachstail. You were so close. But elf magic bullshit trumps all, I'm afraid. :(

EDIT: Also, Rear Water was the kraken gang-rape spell I was thinking of. It's a bit weak, but back in Lacryma 14 (before you have access to Dream equipment) it will totally wreck Troy, who's weak to water. It even heals any allies who happen to be in the area, which is neat.

EggsAisle fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 10, 2015

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Daigerus posted:

i honestly thought that was intentional, like that was your way of showing spite to the game's penultimate filler mission in a self-deprecating way and how it started right as you were raging at its fillerness. :allears:

In hindsight that would have been clever. I'm not that clever. But just so you know I played Toxa 18 right after 17 and it's rather apparent I've had enough of this poo poo.
Unfortunately I just remembered there is a final bit of bullshit I didn't cover in Toxa 18. So I guess I have to replay it.

Captain Bravo posted:

Well maybe if you put better stretch goals than "Will buy myself a pizza, think of my backers while I eat it." :colbert:

:confuoot: I thought that was exactly how Kickstarter worked. Or did I confuse it with Early Access games?
How about "I will post a picture of the pizza I bought?" Is that gonna help?

Honestly kind of tempted to do a Kickstarter for the next LP as a joke.
Oh yeah, I have another LP planned. It's somewhat related to all the Final Fantasy LP's going on.
I've been wanting to do it for a while, (Why do I increase my workload for no profit? :negative:) but I didn't want the stress of doing two LP's at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Something I was wondering, "Textnology" is such a wonderful portmanteau, is that from the game or did you come up with that for the LP?

• Locked thread