Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Ganondorf was mentioned in Link to the Past where the back story was that he was the King of Thieves. I can't remember if it's because he entered the Golden Land, where you transform into a form that resembles your desires/personality, or because he touched the tri-force, which transformed him into a monster to resemble his desires. Anyways, Ganondorf transformed into Ganon, and you never encounter the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

I've always operated on the idea that there is just one legend, but it gets told in different ways. You go talk to some historian in Faraway Land A, and you get Link to the Past as the legend. Head over to Faraway Land B, and some old guy will recount Twilight Princess as the way it was. Then Nintendo created the cycle of reincarnation explanation, and now everything is a bit of a mess.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

The can fix the mess of Hyrule Historia by just claiming the next Zelda game is a reboot of the entire franchise, starting the madness all over again.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, no, there's actually a thing with something having a solid backstory having a bit better ground to stand on compared to something that is a complete blank slate. Besides, I don't really see what a reboot would give the series that it doesn't already have?

I was jesting. It was why I included the "starting the madness all over again" comment.

• Locked thread