Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
vlc is a p good media player

:twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
vlc fixed "rebuilding font cache" years ago and fixed the tv-pc colour space years ago as well

now its biggest sin is the volume knob that goes to 200% and a lovely ui

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
weren't you able to hit 400% volume

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Perplx posted:

vlc fixed "rebuilding font cache" years ago and fixed the tv-pc colour space years ago as well

now its biggest sin is the volume knob that goes to 200% and a lovely ui

i think the 200% volume thing is handy for when you watch something way too silent and dont want a notification sound to shatter your windows

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

what's this rebuilding font cache poo poo everyone always talk about

vlc never bothered me about font cache

vlc is the best

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
again i kinda like how vlc will play any broken rear end video file you throw at it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pagancow posted:

because they got paid already.

so, it is okay to pirate content, then?

:v:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yes

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
hi pagancow.
you should know there are no better media players than vlc for the average consumer :)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

newreply.php posted:

i think the 200% volume thing is handy for when you watch something way too silent and dont want a notification sound to shatter your windows

agreedo. i dont need to mix the sound; i could farm humanity in dark souls with low sounds and watch house md on the second screen at 137% volume

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

and watch house md

lol

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

its the perfect show to have in a background since only the first and last minutes matter and the rest keeps your mind from oblivion

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

house md: its always lupus

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
i probably should download some polish subtitles because the english medical terms are all latin-based and i dont really understand them

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Fabricated posted:

again i kinda like how vlc will play any broken rear end video file you throw at it

i kinda like how you need to play broken rear end video files to validate your existence

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

no because you're falling into the trap of consuming media you don't actually like, but you're too weak minded to just shut it off and do something productive with your life.

then you bitch about watching ads, and spend all your time trying to avoid your real overlords

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

hi pagancow.
you should know there are no better media players than vlc for the average consumer :)

hi, no.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

agreedo. i dont need to mix the sound; i could farm humanity in dark souls with low sounds and watch house md on the second screen at 137% volume

lol that you have to be so distracted by ~things~ that you dont even notice the distorted audio.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

you have become what you hate.

the consumer

what i hate? paying for things

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pagancow posted:

your life is literally meaningless without modern media setting the stage for what is entertainment.

i watch the sun rise and set. then i count the stars and the birds. i do not own a tv.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

pagancow posted:

lol that you have to be so distracted by ~things~ that you dont even notice the distorted audio.

sorry dude my hearings perfect. sometimes the ~*benchmarks*~ dont exactly show the whole situation, for more info on that please read the anroid thread

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

pagancow posted:

your real overlords

I.N.R.I and Knuc if You Buck?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

BONGHITZ posted:

i watch the sun rise and set. then i count the stars and the birds. i do not own a tv.

how can i listen to my pirated albums? oh wait.

literally a thing you said about using pirated media player to consume pirated media

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you say that like it's a bad thing

pagancow posted:

how can i lHAVE SEX? oh wait.

literally a thing you said about using YOUR COCK to consume loving

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ill admit that i only use vlc because pagancow doesnt like it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.freshpair.com/Male-Power-Stretch-Lace-Mini-Trunk-145-162.html?from=cab

is that hot for a dude to wear or not

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

send for pleasure kevin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like I wanna be more sexy but how is a dude meant to do that in a flirty kind of way. gently caress all to do at work today, so I put on a finger of half-fluoro orange nail polish on a finger. I was self conscious of people seeing it [customers] but the whole thing was a bit flirty [to no one in particular] it was hot hahaha but I don't really suit it not goin to be a regular thing

orange owns, btw pagancow. in night time mode in fl.ux everything looks better

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im gonna say buy a pair and post ur results

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

echinopsis posted:

you say that like it's a bad thing

who else will speak for the /*~*Content Creators*~*\

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh thos mother fuckers have such high and mighty views of themselves its not ike they would give a poo poo what the public would want even if everyone paid for it

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
VLC isn't that bad for playing your crappy pirated 700 MiB .AVIs that won't show subtitles in MPC-HC for whatever reason

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
pagancow has a deep seated hatred for all things free, free audio codecs, free movies, free music etc.

he hates freedom

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the santa hat is gone. hail

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
pot player is the good media player for windows. for Mac it's movist and idk about Linux but prob some fork or GUI for mplayer. if u use anything else you might as well just kill yourself. hth

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Maximum Leader posted:

for Mac it's movist

last updated in 2010

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
lmbo @ the, frankly, ludicrous concept of paying money for a media player

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Caithness posted:

last updated in 2010

says 31-12-2014 on the mac app store

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

newreply.php posted:

lmbo @ the, frankly, ludicrous concept of using the Mac App Store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

can macs even play video files?

i mean formats people actually use, not quicktime

• Locked thread