Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

Larry Brown stuntin' on everyone in the ABA

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Get ready

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

Dekker used an unconventional collar, colors that work together, a nice 'out there' tie, and made it all work. The only thing that would have made it better is losing the pocket square and maybe adding a collar pin, but it's hard to argue with that look.

Frank looks like poo poo

No joke, JC Penny is sponsoring Frank's suit

If the Hornets draft him I will combust

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

For someone who talks a bunch of crap, Herzonja has the most boring get-up out of everyone

Which one is he, I thought he wasn't going to show

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

chunkles posted:

nba fashion thread, what should i wear to a gay wedding reception

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Loved this bit:

quote:

The person to feel bad for in all of this is Frank Kaminsky III, who went ninth to the Hornets. For weeks, he’s been roundly mocked for his promotional tweets (from the account @FSKPart3) about his JCPenney sponsorship. On draft night, ESPN’s crew caught someone asking him whether his suit — in the same executive gray as Silver’s — was also JCPenney. The reply was a meek, rueful “yes.” Indeed, he was dressed for long hours in the shoe department. Alongside the many stabs at luxury and glamour and boyish sexiness, Kaminsky seemed out of place, out of touch, and utterly conventional. But Kaminsky’s very averageness speaks to the dreams of the average American man. We at home hope for a show, but millions of men hope to put on a suit and go utterly unnoticed. Frank Kaminsky should be their superhero: Today’s Invisible Man.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tony Allen and Z-Bo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Edit: never mind

morestuff fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 13, 2015

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

He looks like Bigfoot with a coke addiction

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I was expecting a lot of Lin fans, but the dedication of some of these dudes is really weird.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Linsanity was really really cool. It was the highest scoring first 5 starting games in recent NBA history, which is kinda nuts. His basketball skills are nowhere near a match for his salary as a percentage of cap space, but as a pure employee-vs-earnings-for-the-company proposition he's pretty darn good for the NBA at large. Here look this dumb cia magazine cover says the same thing:

He signed a BAE contract with Charlotte, so he's probably underpaid if anything now

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Scott Skiles and Steve Clifford are both on my slideshow for "5 Coaches That Look Like Babies Wearing Grown-up Clothes"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Garnett repping South Carolina in the blandest way possible

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Kohls Exclusive Hyperglycemia IXs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Curry X Dodge Stratus Hair Loss 45s

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

UA Church Lock-In Chubby Bunny XIs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Just grabbed a pair, can't wait to unbox them

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Juaguocio posted:

James Patterson x Co-Author IVs

Sue Grafton's S Is For Sneakers

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/abe_squad/status/741442704660418560

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Happy Draft Day, everybody out there in the NBA Fashion thread

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Remember when Allen Iverson was too hip hop for the NBA and they made a dress code?

I'm curious about what that dress code said given how players dress these days. But I'm not curious enough to actually look it up. But the evolution of NBA fashion in the post-Iverson era is pretty cool.

quote:

1. General Policy: Business Casual
Players are required to wear Business Casual attire whenever they are engaged in team or league business.

"Business Casual" attire means:
— A long or short-sleeved dress shirt (collared or turtleneck), and/or a sweater.
— Dress slacks, khaki pants, or dress jeans.
— Appropriate shoes and socks, including dress shoes, dress boots, or other presentable shoes, but not including sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, or work boots.

2. Exceptions to Business Casual
There are the following exceptions to the general policy of Business Casual attire:
a. Players In Attendance At Games But Not In Uniform
Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game:
— Sport Coat
— Dress shoes or boots, and socks

b. Players Leaving the Arena
Players leaving the arena may wear either Business Casual attire or neat warm-up suits issued by their teams.

c. Special Events or Appearances
Teams can make exceptions to the Business Casual policy for special events or player appearances where other attire is appropriate -- e.g., participation in a basketball clinic.

3. Excluded Items
The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear at any time while on team or league business:
— Sleeveless shirts
— Shorts
— T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team)
— Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team)
— Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes
— Sunglasses while indoors
— Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/danieljrowell/status/746080805261287425

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/746093603370467330

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cam Newton is an honorary NBA player, right

https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/759066137363673088

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I don't like the overall styling but that one seems fine

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dude is having a bad week

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

quote:

Browne: You go to a Raptors game and Drake is sitting there.

Burke: Can I tell you something about the last time I was there? I just could not believe this happened. Drake turned around—my seat at game six was right behind him—makes a heart shape [with his hands] and points at me. I’m looking around behind me to see who’s there, turn back to him and then he points and he does it again. I texted my daughter and said, ‘You need to know Drake just did this to me.’

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

If you're trying to save money these are only $220

https://twitter.com/bigballerbrand/status/860217770473955328

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Football Coach Zach Somebody, the first to ever unleash the pure design power of things in circles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/SoleCollector/status/862126805800689664

Publix California Roll XIs