Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Wait, there's a black twitter? XIIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

I would like to take moment for us to recognized how great people can be when united in a great cause. Together we saw how atrocious those shoes are and together we made a grown man and a big corporation eat poo poo and reconsider things. Good job everyone

It's nice to see that people can still have fun online without being lame (Boaty McBoatface) or lovely (...pretty much everything else).

Also, stuff like this and the main NBA thread have made me start paying attention to basketball again.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

i'm more mystified that someone buys $160 new balances every year

They're really good running shoes, or good lawn mowing shoes when you've put too many miles on them.
I swear I'm not a Nazi

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah, I think I might be in the target market because I'm good with these lame shoes. I don't want to devalue cool things with my lameness. I will buy and wear these Oxbloods to protect cool things/people I like and to give UA and its ilk economic impetus to keep giving Twitter things to drag.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Looked up the place where that tux came - shopatplatinum.com - and their clearance section is something to behold. My favorite is this jacket that looks like a trash bag with sleeves:

Someone, somewhere, paid $100 for this and did so for reasons other than cutting weight before a wrestling meet.