Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Claudia Joyse

This isn't Claudia's first war. Born a peasant along the outskirts of Ivalice, a muddy and forgotten jagd, Claudia's life was sheer drudgery until the day whispers of rebellion began to spread like wildfire, first secretly, then openly. It wasn't enough to keep the Knights Clandestine away, and soon enough that dreary and forgotten village had become yet another chaotic battleground. Seeking both to escape the lack of future - and hoping to make a difference and do some good - Claudia decided to sign herself up for the first clan she could see who had a high enough reputation. It was Clan Ironhead who answered the call of the Judges to rid her jagd of it's rebellious influence, and thus it was Clan Ironhead that Claudia joined. The clan was far more small time military then a group of weird individuals in their organization, and Claudia found herself in a chocobo rider squad.

It wasn't all big birds and guns, though. The chocobo riders were expected to work as scouts, skirmishers, and even field medics (Claudia was good at precisely one of those things). She went on missions, learned the ropes and then some, and even helped embarass the clan's long sworn rivals, Clan Cat Ears, with the beautiful Viera red mage Xia swearing an especially passionate oath of revenge. In time, as much as she loved her clan, she began to hear rumors just as before, but far nastier ones; that Clandestine was growing, that they were headed by (or were heading) something even more dangerous, that Ivalice itself was in danger. Eventually, she impressed a member of the Knights Zodiac on one of her missions, and received an invitation; with a heavy heart (and, by the end of the going away party, severely overworked liver), she bid Clan Ironhead farewell and joined the Knights first and foremost as chemist and healer.

She's still not all that great at the healing, though.

Race: Hume
Class: Chemist

Abilities: + 23
Attack +3
Combat Expertise +4
Connected (Clan Ironhead) +3
Cute +1
Dimensional Pocket +4
Healer +2
Knowledge: Alchemy +4
Knowledge: Clans +2
Knowledge: Jagds +2
Quick +2

Weaknesses: -18
Absent-Minded -2
Airheaded -2
Crybaby -1
Dense -1
Easily Distracted -3
Impaired Sense (Hearing, too much GUNS) -1
Kind-hearted -2
Oblivious -2
Poor -1
Rival (Xia, Viera red mage) -2
Soft Spot (alcohol) -1

Attacks:
Claudia reaches into the bag and pulls out...
Handgun: Ranged. Standard attack. Roll 6, DX 4
Minigun: Overwhelming, Ranged, Unwieldy. A rain of bullets! Surely one will hit! Roll 6, DX 4, ED 10
Bazooka: Area Effect, Ranged, Stunning, Recoil. An explosive gift nobody expects! Roll 6, DX 4, ED 10
Sniper Rifle: Accurate, Armor Piercing, Impairing, Ranged, Concentration. If Claudia can aim without distraction, she's sure to hit them right in the heart ~<3! Roll 7, DX 4, ED 10
Chemist Alcohol Chaos!: Accurate x2, Area Effect, Effective x2, Overwhelming, Ranged, Open to Attack, Recoil. Claudia loses herself in an alcoholic stupor and fires wildly at anything in front of her! Uwahahahahaha! Roll 8, DX 6, ED 10

Potions:
Throw Potion!: Add Ranged to any Healer move
Hi-Potion: Effective, Ammunition; amount healed doubled, can be used freely 5 times
X-Potion Effective x2, Ammunition x2; amount healed tripled, can be used freely 3 times
Mega-Potion: Effective, Area Effect, Ammunition x3; Amount healed doubled, area of effect, can be used freely once
Regen: Continued Effect; Ammunition x2; Heals full amount once, then half the amount for 2 more turns; can be used freely 3 times
Can use 5 ED to replace Ammunition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Lojak

Concept: Ex-Smuggler Trying to Make Right
Sign: Libra
Skin: Green
Eye: Brown
Hair: None

At one point in his life he was the 'man in charge' of a small-time smuggling operation with the motto "Speedy Deliveriesss, No Questionssss Asked". He went by the name of "Jack", as most of his business was done between Hume cities on the outskirts. "What do I care what the humesss send each other, so long as I get paid" was the founding principle behind Jack's Journeyman, an offshoot of a much larger smuggling ring. For years that worked out, nearly a decade, as his operation grew into something that, at the time, he considered respectable. But, if you were to ask him about it now he'd say "the godsss love to toy with us 'lizardsss'".

With ignorance and lack of care as his primary policies for nearly a decade, a slip-up was only inevitable; he's hazy on the details by now, but somehow he came to learn he'd been fueling the Zombie Powder market over wide enough an area that it most certainly wasn't all going toward making no boots or what-have-you. Like any self-respecting Bangaa, he highly valued his own ability for thought, as whatever anybody else might say about it he still was smarter than a Lizardman, gods be damned. So, when he realized that among his 'no questions asked' shipments the likes of Zombie Powder were included, and in great number, he was furious. Forcibly lowering another's intelligence had to be just about the worst thing he could think of doing and to have been aiding the process?

He took all the associates who'd stand with him and both tracked and violently assaulted Zombie Dance, the source of the goods he'd been asked to smuggle. The assault culminated in near mutual destruction, as Jack and his crew were able to take out one of their flagships by boarding and crashing it mid-flight--few survived.

From that point on, he cast aside his formerly lawless ways and trained as a Defender, dedicating his life to the eradication of all intelligence lowering poisons, Zombie Powder chief among them. But, with the rise of the Knights Clandestine, he worries that all of his work could be undone anyway if he doesn't stop them.

pre:
Bangaa Defender

Health: 60   Endurance: 50   Defense: 2(4 Barrier) (3 Armor)

Abilities: 25
Ability:           Level:   Notes:                                 
Armored              3      -
Attack               2      -
Barrier              4(2)   Defender Job
Combat Expert        2      -
Heightened Sense     3      Bangaa sense of smell
Intimidating         2      -
Iron-Willed          3      -
Knowledge            2(1)   Can fly airships
Life Support         2      -
Strong               2      -
Tough                2      +20 Health
Vigorous             1      +10 Endurance

Weaknesses: -20
Weakness:          Level:   Notes:                                 
Awkward Size         -1     Very Tall
Bizarre Appearance   -1     Scarred and missing an eye
Code of Conduct      -2     Never lies
Endurance Use        -2     Iron-Willed, 10 endurance cost
Focus                -2     Barrier requires his greatsword
Hatred               -3     Zombie Powder, while not without proper uses, is hated entirely
Impaired Sense       -1     Sight, he's missing an eye
Rude                 -3     Part of his honesty, he speaks his mind and it's usually crass
Unlucky              -2     He curses the heavens and they've responded in kind
Vulnerability        -1     Electricity
Wanted               -2     Zombie Dance, want him gone

Command:           Roll:  DX:  Cost:  Notes:                       
Fight               4     5     -     -
Defend
  Barrier           4     -     -     Magical Barrier from Sword
  Defend Combo      4     6     10    Effective, Barrier Buster
  Drop Weapon       6     5     20    Accuratex2, Disarming
  Tremor            4     5      5    Impairing, Reach, Recoil
  Mow Down          4     6     15    Area Effect, Effective

Decus fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 6, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
IT'S OVER

I'll post picks once I have them decided and am ready to post the thread.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if it even matters but I finally got my character pic issues sorted out.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Amidst her calling out to various mercenaries in the streets of Lon Dorst, a small devout is clasped on the shoulder by a tall woman with a bow slung over her shoulder. "Sinclair, know that we all appreciate your willingness to just go out and act, but what in the blazes are you doing one of these men would probably not hesitate to kidnap you or something seriously you really must be more careful I've not enough hours in the day to make sure you don't manage to set yourself ablaze!" Her frantic speech is halted by the devout looking up at her with a look of confusion.

"The Knights Zodiac need more bodies, yes? Why shouldn't we be looking amongst those with great strength and constitution to fight what may very well become a proper war? With the Separation in full effect, Aries didn't hesitate to take those she could find. Why not do the same now?"

The archer heaves a sigh. "Sinclair, times are different now. The Clandestine wage a war with poisons and daggers, not blades and bows. We can't just trust anyone, especially when we're outright stating ourselves as committed to rooting out the Clandestine."

The white-robed girl pouts and sets her hands on her hips. "Fate may have brought together the original thirteen, but we can't even get everyone together again. Do you honestly expect that to happen again?"

Despite a fair amount of hesitation, the archer replies simply, "Yes."

FATE TIES US TOGETHER

The Zodiac stands in shambles and find themselves fighting a war very nearly against the people they swear to protect. To trust one without their merits would be death. To trust six, well... Desperate times.

No crystal's light shines for Ivalice, yet fate decides order's heroes just the same.

Felize Jamstave, Culinarian
Judge Aino, Judge
Sol Sidonbrook, Star Knight
Lojak, Defender
Aubrey, Samurai
Mellt, Green Mage

They shall stand trial, not for the Zodiac, but for the world. Let fate wreak its havoc upon them, and they shall emerge as either dust forgotten or heroes renowned.

Yet first, they must meet.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I suppose Hero the Fourth simply got simply held up by monsters while one his way to join.

By the time he arrived, everyone was gone.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
It was stupid late when I posted this but I forgot to mention a thing. bahamut, knowledge can be a lot of things, but I'm gonna say using it as a Combat Expert skill that costs half as much is a little extreme. If you want to apply that to what will be the grand majority of your attacks, I'm gonna have to make it cost a normal amount since it's not nearly as rarely occurring as Knowledges tend to be to justify the half-cost.

You've also got some redundant gear+focus going on. Since your Asura only grants a positive, I'd suggest just removing the Gear portion of it, folding the point you spent on it into your normal Iaido skill, and making Asura act as your focus. The Hempen Robe doesn't interact with your focus and is fine, but Gear and Focus can't apply to the same thing as per the rules since it gets a little redundant. Since your Focus score is pretty low it's fine being katanas in general instead of the one katana.

I think everything else looks fine, which means I probably missed some stuff but oh well! Here's everyone's threat values so you know exactly how many points you fed me for making enemies:

Party, 128 TV

Mellt, 28 TV (literally all of your abilities apply)
Sol, 24 TV
Aubrey, 23 TV
Lojak, 22 TV
Aino, 17 TV
Felize, 14 TV (tuff in spirit)

Also for everyone's convenience it's probably a good idea to have your basic numbers around. Attack rolls are 2+combat expert/agile/etc., Defense values are 2+evasive/quick/etc., and Damage Multipliers are 1+attack/strong/etc. I don't think anybody took any of the basic negatives so those don't really matter here.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
I figured I'd probably messed stuff up somewhere. The main idea was to have her non-katana fightiness be not as good as her proper fighting style. I'll scrounge up some points to pay for full price Iaido, which is absolutely understandable. It seemed like a great idea at the time, though!

The idea behind the Asura was mostly to try and emulate the FFT-style katana prerequisites for certain attacks, with additional attacks requiring different swords. I suppose this could be just as easily done by having the attacks expressly require a particular weapon, rather than mucking around with any focusy sort of stuff.

I had tried to come up with a suitable weakness that came from the gear price of the sword, but nothing really seemed to make sense and I was worried about making a starting sword seem kind of powerful even if I had managed to devise a suitable weak point. In the end, I'd kind of reasoned it out that even with no negatives, there was still incentive to get other swords so that she could unlock different attacks.

I'll get things wrangled around some so they're a little more rational. Sorry about making trouble!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Yeah, another option would be Weapon Flaw for the reduced endurance cost, which is basically the third mutually exclusive option of Gear/Focus/Weapon.

This'll be the first time I actually see OVA combat in action, and probably the same for most/all of us anyways, so who knows maybe I'll accidentally smush everyone and we'll have to call a mulligan. :v:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
With regards to emulating the Samurai skillset...do Aubrey's katanas still have a chance of getting broken or exhausted? If yes, you can probably chain a few Weaknesses together to put the job's drawbacks on the sheet. If not, just selecting Focus 2 probably has you covered - make it so you can't use Perks and Flaws when you don't have a katana and that should cover the need for one - you could still fight, just nothing fancy without the right tools.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance_Random_Names may be of some use to us through this game.

Picking away at my post. Internet connection has been really spotty as of late, so if I'm holding things up, just move on and I'll suck it up.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

In truth, the whole chance to break thing always drove me batty in FFT. Particularly when it came to the rather limited-quantity higher-end swords. This could probably be even more devastating here, since I don't imagine Sentry would let me load up on a gaggle of Masamunes just in case! That said, there is a certain sort of appeal to limiting special attack usages with charges or something to vaguely approximate a similar limitation.

As it stands, I've dropped 1 Strong and 1 Gear (keeping the Hempen Robe) to pay for the additional 2 Iaido. I dropped the Focus, and replaced it with Ineptitude (Chocobo Handling), which means Aubrey will probably not get along with chocoboes. This keeps her at the same 26/-21 spot she was at previously.

Right now, I'm just redoing her special attacks, mostly by taking on the weapon and ammunition flaws for each one to take on additional effective/accurate/etc. and make up for the shortfall now that the Asura is no longer counted as Gear.

I'll have a proper post up soon. Sorry about the wait!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Besides ammunition, there's also the Limited Uses weakness that might be of interest to you. Breaking swords left and right and restocking between battles sounds appropriately ridiculous to me.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
And plot-important swords could be immune to it. Since it's about drawing forth the soul of the blade, you can just say they've got more soul than James Brown and that'd probably work.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

I think ammunition is more or less the Flaw version of the Limited Uses weakness, and since going back to the gear/focus shenanigans that didn't jive originally I think it's best to stay the new Flaw-based course for now. For now, considering that the Asura is a crappy commonplace sword, I'm okay with it breaking after 5 or so uses and having to buy more rather than having it magically recharge or whatever. Totally buying 99 of everything buyable ASAP, though! Mellt can carry them all for her. She's big.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

It is a thief.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey, who are these jerks?

I'm creatively bankrupt and will probably keep drawing this stuff, so if you want something changed or there's something in there that bugs you, sound off.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Just to say, this is all pretty great. Especially the thief, because I'm a nerd who likes the goofy Bravely Default proportions.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

grassy gnoll posted:

Hey, who are these jerks?

I'm creatively bankrupt and will probably keep drawing this stuff, so if you want something changed or there's something in there that bugs you, sound off.

That's great!

Though Mellt probably actually wears more clothes - something more like Korra's outfit though with her Earth Kingdom color scheme. Definitely the same sort of pants/sleeveless top combo, with either wraps or long gloves.

I really only picked the image I have because it was there's a real scarcity of good Viera art.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'm a little confused by the magic description - if I wanted to cast healing, that'd be an action to grant the healing ability, then another to actually use it? Or would using it be part of the activation action?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Arcane Magic exists to spend an action giving people a new, temporary ability. So if you wanted to use your blue magic without a turn of setup, it'd probably be better expressed as an ability you have outright. Arcane Magic's all about buffing, so something like Haste (+2 Agile), Protect (+2 Armored), or Float (+2 Flying) tends to be what it would end up as insofar as Final Fantasy magic goes. Other forms of magic would usually just be one of the basic combat abilities, like Bio (Attack with Continued Effect), Slow/Stop (Time Freeze), or even Protect again (Barrier).

White Wind as you have it written would probably be best expressed by you just having an innate Healer ability that you apply perks to. It's also a little weird because technically you have it written so you can only grant others the ability to cast White Wind. I'm entirely cool with you rewriting stuff if Arcane Magic doesn't work like you'd like it to, I'm not sure I'd really rely on it to depict a Blue Mage myself. It's especially a pain because just using it to cast one-off effects during a battle makes the cost extremely high for what you're actually doing.

Note that you can make multiple actions per turn, at a penalty to all actions for the rest of the round equal to the number of actions you took total. So if you Doublecast, you'd take a -2 to both spells and any defense rolls you took that round. Time Freeze offsets this (and sounds super fuckin' broken).

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

sentrygun posted:

I'm entirely cool with you rewriting stuff if Arcane Magic doesn't work like you'd like it to, I'm not sure I'd really rely on it to depict a Blue Mage myself.

How would you do it, if I might ask?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Let's be a nerd and scrape my Blue Mage from a previous FF PBP, gnoll's Dungeon World one. Kitsa ran around using a Bludgeon (XI spell, just swing around a staff basically) and would have the usual aspects of a physical hitter as a result: Combat Expert and Attack, probably some Strong in there to boot though Attack works better when you're messing with magic. I'd then use those abilities to fuel any of my offensive spells while refluffing the action and utilizing perks/flaws to make them work. She was focused around desert monsters, so there's a fair grab bag of monsters there to take from.

1000 Needles would be an Overwhelming, Ranged, Armor Piercing attack, maybe with Ammunition. Self-Destruct would be an Area Effect attack with some ranks in Effective, while using two or three ranks in Backlash, four if I wanna really match how the move works (1:1 damage to me and the targets). Other things like mimicking a flan might involve ranks in Incorporeal Form and maybe Armored, though that worked more for Kitsa's semi-shapeshifting bent and might be weird for more traditional Blue Magic, even if you do have to eat the monsters first.

Some of the weirder effects in Blue Magic are hard to translate because they don't map well to the existing abilities and might completely break poo poo if you tried to force it with a Unique Ability. White Wind healing based on your own HP is pretty absurd if you don't get hit much, though two+ ranks of Effective and a good Healer roll might make that potentially close so maybe it's fine? ???? (or Lifebreak, I guess) works decently with the Break flaw to make a big attack when you're low on health, but it's not a big enough Endurance credit to make it as absurdly strong of a move as it can be in the games proper without lumping more Flaws on top or making it pretty expensive to bust out. Bad Breath is just cheating.

Learning new Blue Magic in OVA seems pretty easy to pull off if you put the bulk of the heavy lifting on the Perk/Flaw system. Just spend experience points to buff up your abilities a little or maybe give yourself new ones to open up new Blue Magic opportunities, though I still have no idea how I want to handle experience given how buff most of the party already is. I'm already tempted to flavor up new moves for Felize as she beats up certain monsters anyways.

I'd probably leave Arcane Magic to someone designed to stand back and not rely on Attacks. A White Mage, or I guess a Green Mage whatever the heck those are, would love Arcane Magic to give them a bit to play with, and if you really wanted to bust out an attack in a fight you could always act twice on a turn to buff yourself up real quick while doing whatever else you're doing. Since Arcane Magic requires no rolls if you're at-level, the roll penalty for multiple actions in a turn doesn't really matter as much save for your defense if you get hit that round when you just bust out three buffs in a turn.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

What's the Judge party line on the Zodiacs, and where does this viera sound like she's from?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The Zodiacs liberated the Judges from the Empire in the Judge Separation War, so any Judges down with not being aligned with an evil empire are probably pretty cool with the Zodiacs but also basically owe them their livelihoods and possibly their lives since things would have not gone down well had the Zodiacs not won the war for them.

Aries sounds pretty familiar to Aino.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

my notes are pretty dumb

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I don't even have one :ohdear:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'll tell you what, next time I get run through by a large carnivorous ungulate, you can take my place.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Sol doesn't either. Clearly this is incentive to get completely ruined in combat.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I admit I was wondering about Judge Tentacles, but hey, maybe he's got really fresh breath?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
what kind of full-body judge armor does a morbol wear

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Maybe it was a magic mishap and some other race was turned into a malboro or something. Their full-body judge armor is a layer of jello-like goo.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

sentrygun posted:

what kind of full-body judge armor does a morbol wear

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Maybe I will have to do the return to the Platea I'd scrapped in my plans after all.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Here's a resheeting proposal! Magic was removed, weaknesses were boosted a bit, attacks were completely redone, healer was added, etc.

pre:
Felize Jamstave, Gourmand of Monsters
Brave: 40 Faith: 40 Job: Gourmand Sign: Virgo

Ability			Level	Notes

Agile			3	-
Attack			5	See below
Beautiful		1	-
Evasive			3	-
Healer			3	-
Job			4	Gourmand, Unique Ability
Knowledge		2	Monsters
Sign			2	Virgo, Unique Ability

Weakness	Level	Notes

Airhead			2	-
Compulsion		1	Eating
Focus			2	Attack & Job require battle utensils
Hatred			2	Those who waste food.
Impulsive		2	-
Obsession		3	Cooking
Overconfident		2	-
Rude			2	-
Suppressed Power	2	Attack: Must consume a creature to build a new attack off it.

Extras: Her Job can help rolls regarding finding, preparing, and crafting food. Her Sign aids
rolls where she might be industrious, analytical, efficient, or assists others. Her Shares
Benefits allows an additional ally to gain any dice bonuses she gains from her
attack, and adds 10 to its cost.

Gourmet Skill	DX	Cost	Perks						Flaws

Grill Flip	4	5	Fatiguing, Stunning				Unwieldy
Shish Kabob	3	5	Armor-Piercing, Accurate			Ineffective
Tenderizer	5	5	Impairing					Low Penetration

Limit Break	DX	Cost	Perks						Flaws

Iron Chef	7	20	Effective 3, Overwhelm				Finisher

Blue Spell	Ability	DX	Cost	Perks					Flaws

Lifebreak	Attack	6	10	Area Effect, Accurate 2, Ranged		Break
Mighty Guard	Attack	-	10	Defensive 5, Unique: Shares Benefits	No Damage
White Wind	Healer	-	10	Area Effect				-

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 28, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Shares Benefits is effectively Multiple Targets slightly altered to focus on the buffing aspect. As such I'm just going to say it should cost the same and use the same rules as Multiple Targets, while technically working for the Defensive spreading aspect. So, 10 END for one person spread to, not two. Still pretty powerful, but instead of the rambling paragraph I just deleted before remembering Multiple Targets existed I figure I should stick with the costs the game already gives as I don't have a good grasp on how the Endurance economy ends up working out.

Everything else looks fine to me, though. Just remember that AoE hits friend or foe; I was a little lenient with it on Sol's big pile of stuns but considering there's not technically a target limit and it even reduces the defense of people hit, AoE kinda needs its drawback to differentiate it from Multiple Targets. Careful not to heal enemies!

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 28, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Changes to the custom perk are fine, and noted and fixed on the sheet, I'll correct the sheet in the play thread soon enough.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey hi, a thing

So most of my posts in this game have been kind of huge, and while that's less surprising for the intro and combat (holy god there are so many rolls) it's maybe a little much for the inbetween here. What's the feeling on those, since I'm worried they just end up being giant bricks, feel like they're pushing things along too fast before people can react, or are just too much for not much reason. I didn't want to hang around getting from the Platea to Serenity too much because I was already having trouble figuring out something for you guys to interact with in the between. I'm a loser and wanted to write a bunch instead of just saying "y'all get on a flying boat and now you're in wizardtown" though. I figure I should ask how that feels as a player trying to fit actions in since it's no good if I'm just sitting around writing big ol' posts while everyone feels left out.

I should also mention if there's something you wanted to bust in on, even if it'd interrupt an NPC's later actions, no just do it. I will handle the broken timestream gladly.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm at home dealing with family things and also as a result drinking steadily, so I'll respond.

I'll be frank, that was a big wall of words and I had a hard time latching on to the relevant details. I got that Jormungand is around Serenity, spitting into the local watering hole and poisoning it. I know that Aries is there, and also another Zodiac? And that's about all I could get.

On one hand, it's great to hit the ground running and get to The Important poo poo, but the sudden influx of new characters that I think we are also supposed to know is kind of daunting. If we could encounter them on an individual basis, that might help smooth things out.

As penance here is Mellt's redesign that I guess I forgot to upload last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Haha that's great! Thanks gnoll!

I also have to admit being in the same boat as gnoll. It's hard to keep track of all the information, and to be honest I'm not sure how much is actually relevant to us doing things. I don't feel like there's really anything here to take action on.

To be frank I think I'd prefer less stylized presentation and more direct statements of what's going on/what we should pay attention to, whether it's in OOC notes or directly in the main post.

• Locked thread