Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think his vote on me is really bad and he soft floated a lead into it yesterday which I don't think looks great.

But he seems mostly unengaged and dumb than scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I am discussing and thinking through things, I dunno how you can say "unengaged" when other people get to go with things like:

uranus posted:

hey, the serious hat is right, im a good guy with good posts and im finding the bad guys

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sometimes I think it is hard to tell the difference between the two, but I'm leaning on the scummy side of things.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EP, you have 22 total posts.

Of those:
-1 is joining the game.
-1 is betting on the chess match.
-9 are throwaway jokes / commenting on people without opinion

Of the rest, several are questionable as to whether or not they are actually contributing anything, and you have offered opinions on:

-me (he's scum!)
-merk (he's scum!)
-ernie (except not, you just say he's reading you wrong, or not, you are kinda commenting on yourself but i don't understand why you made this post?)
-somber (he's 3p! i would hate him if he wasn't awesome! actually i don't know!)
-f_v (not feeling her as scum, but not mention of her alignment, just that i'm wrong)
-KFC (what a flip flopper!)

And that's it. Most of those reads are non-reads, and you've posted hardly at all.

So where am I missing your engagement?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lets just shuffle our votes around until no lynch

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Seriously I don't know how you guys are looking at merk's reactionary case on me and aren't thinking he's scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That said I am willing to vote somber, like i said earlier, in order to avoid a no lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Maybe it's just because it isn't targeted at me, Chic, that I'm having second thoughts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm honestly extremely tired and phone posting but why in the world would we no lunch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (5): Quidnose, merk, Asiina, merk, Rarity, Allen Wren, Pinterest Mom, KhyrosFinalCut, Quidnose
merk (4): Ernie., Chic Trombone, Winged Orpheus, Ernie., Epsilon Plus, Amoeba102
fiery_valkyrie (3): Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, uranus, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Chic Trombone (1): Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, merk
Tremendous Taste (1): Ernie.
Epsilon Plus (1): Asiina, Dugong, Ernie., Dugong, Ernie., Asiina, KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, fiery_valkyrie
Your Personal Muse (1): Dugong
Winged Orpheus (0): Ernie., KhyrosFinalCut, Ernie., KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut
Quidnose (0): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Dr. Hurt (0): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut
Pinterest Mom (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
uranus (0): Winged Orpheus, Winged Orpheus, Allen Wren, Allen Wren
Allen Wren (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
KhyrosFinalCut (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (7): Dr. Hurt, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, Little Mac, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, Tremendous Taste

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 06th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 16 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote somb

I'm working from this point forward so will pop in every now and again.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote merk

I don't like the somber option at all. He's already claimed VT.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Little Mac posted:

I'm honestly extremely tired and phone posting but why in the world would we no lunch

??? nobody is advocating that ???

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, I have no intention of claiming.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Quidnose posted:

So you think Merk acted scummy, or what he did was scummy regardless of his intent? I am unsure which you are saying based on this post.

Both, really. Sorry, I'm not great at organizing my thoughts. It's scummy either way. I just don't see someone who is town aligned acting that way.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Quidnose posted:

seriously is this Dugong new, who are you, why are you playing so poorly

the other games i have played i have been quite rightly been called just saying "i dont like this" rather than actually voting. I feel more sure about YPM being 3rd non-town than any of the 3 leaders.

fv is uranus and YPM just going ham. Already mentioned but then there is Somber's weird comment on uranus.

Merk hosed up a vig. I wish he had saved it for the end of the day so it be used as a pseudo lynch when risk of no lynch is possible but I don't think that's a mafia tell, it just was less thoughtful than it should have been.

Somber throws me off. I like that they just questioned a lot of people's actions early on but then they say that they would vote for anyone and I interpret it as scrambling.

##vote Somberbrero

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

Oh, I have no intention of claiming.

I'm not asking you to. I just don't think it's very likely that a scumbo would claim VT. I never have and never will.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

I'm not asking you to. I just don't think it's very likely that a scumbo would claim VT. I never have and never will.

I have multiple times on day 1.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ernie. posted:

##vote merk

I don't like the somber option at all. He's already claimed VT.

serious question - how does claiming vt make one not scummy? that's like not even claiming.

(Feel free to totally John Madden it and talk about how good mafia is about finding the scums and defending the towns and that's what good football is if you like. bonus points for yellow telestrator arrows and circles)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

this is ridiculous

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dugong posted:

Merk hosed up a vig. I wish he had saved it for the end of the day so it be used as a pseudo lynch when risk of no lynch is possible but I don't think that's a mafia tell, it just was less thoughtful than it should have been.

Somber throws me off. I like that they just questioned a lot of people's actions early on but then they say that they would vote for anyone and I interpret it as scrambling.

##vote Somberbrero

Late switch to Dugong? This looks like scum analyzing a town/town lynch option. The stuff on me doesn't make sense. The stuff on somber doesn't make sense.

##vote Dugong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Allen Wren posted:

(Feel free to totally John Madden it and talk about how good mafia is about finding the scums and defending the towns and that's what good football is if you like. bonus points for yellow telestrator arrows and circles)

The team that wins this game is the team that fulfills its win condition.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

serious question - how does claiming vt make one not scummy? that's like not even claiming.

This is a personal belief and not at all grounded in 'good mafia play', but I generally trust VT claims because they ignore the possibilities of the setup. I.e. a scum who has an active role might be afraid to claim VT in case they are tracked, or watched etc. Scum generally plan for the long game, so blowing it on D1 over a silly claim is an unnecessary risk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's the perfect claim for a Godfather.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Quidnose posted:

EP, you have 22 total posts.

Of those:
-1 is joining the game.
-1 is betting on the chess match.
-9 are throwaway jokes / commenting on people without opinion

Of the rest, several are questionable as to whether or not they are actually contributing anything, and you have offered opinions on:

-me (he's scum!)
-merk (he's scum!)
-ernie (except not, you just say he's reading you wrong, or not, you are kinda commenting on yourself but i don't understand why you made this post?)
-somber (he's 3p! i would hate him if he wasn't awesome! actually i don't know!)
-f_v (not feeling her as scum, but not mention of her alignment, just that i'm wrong)
-KFC (what a flip flopper!)

And that's it. Most of those reads are non-reads, and you've posted hardly at all.

So where am I missing your engagement?

Should I get out my big rubber stamps that say SCUM and TOWN on them and print a dossier for each player and then stamp each one and fax them to you? I dunno why it's not acceptable to plot people on a continuum instead of some stupid scum/town binary when it's only day 1 in a large game. There are a fistful of people who have "engaged" much less than I have but you don't seem to be interested in them.

I mean, you can call me a bad player, but saying I'm unengaged when derp/uranus, Dr. Hurt, etc. is here is kinda weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure, I'll vote Dugong. ##vote Dugong

For what it's worth my flavor is Pubbie as well. My reads are:

town

Orpheus
Epsilon
uranus
rarity

scrum

CT
merk
fv
quid

if i'm alive tomorrow i'll do work but as it is i'm going to walk my dog and play far cry.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

It's the perfect claim for a Godfather.

It is, but I'd rather believe that I'm facing the 23/24 chance that we haven't caught the godfather D1 than the 1/24 chance that we have.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...dr. hurt is here?

could have fooled me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

It is, but I'd rather believe that I'm facing the 23/24 chance that we haven't caught the godfather D1 than the 1/24 chance that we have.

w h a t

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

Welcome to Counterstrike: Global Offensive Mafia, a game for 24 players!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Are there even enough people here right now to pull off a lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm still here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i thought about it on my walk and i think merk is town. the position against him seems a little paranoid now that i think about it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I can peek in and help throw a vote if there's someone really close to being lynched.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somber, why am I scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

Somber, why am I scum?

Well my reasoning was that you were pushing FV and I, but when merk announced he had a vig you suggest dugong, which didn't make any sense. Now I'm thinking about what actually makes that scummy, because why would you care if I got shot?

Your reaction in the aftermath does seem a little over the top though.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm here as well. I'm still on merk. I could be convinced to switch to avoid a no-lynch though. Let me do a read over Somber.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Except that I said I thought Dugong was odd and scummy during my read of the thread:

Quidnose posted:

What is this, who is a Dugong. Are they new? This is awkward.

Quidnose posted:

This is a very, very, very odd callout. Why is Dugong policing the thread for activity?

Quidnose posted:

Literally that callout comes out of nowhere for no reason.

Quidnose posted:

FV dancing around Somber and Somber defending his play makes me confident in my choices. Dugong for other scum because his callout of me is weird and I don't know who he is and he's contributed nothing else.

Game solved you're welcome

And then merk said "who should I shoot" and I said:

Quidnose posted:

Kill that pokemon Dugong thing he's weird

I'm not sure why you didn't see where my suggestion came from? I'm also not sure why that was your initial reason for me being scummy where "your reaction was over the top" is far more convincing an argument and instead is presented as an afterthought.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
my read are:;

kill everyone let mod sort it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok deadline is in less than an hour and Somber's in the lead so I'm going to ##vote Somber in the interests of a no lynch

I'll try to write up a full case on merk for tomorrow

• Locked thread