Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

uranus posted:

##vote assina

Derp don't be dumb FV is the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
assina was mean to me

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Rarity posted:

Why are you unvoting instead of voting for YPM if you're sure he's scum?

because i'm trying to work out if KFC is right about derp being scum as well. if that's the case I don't think him and YPM would both go after the same person since D1

Your Personal Muse posted:

I still have no clue what dugong's case on me is, but I don't like that he's been on it for so long.

Going back to FV, it seemed like Merk was trying to discredit the case on her and only gave in when he thought he could split the vote enough to cause a no lynch.

well I mean the only person you have voted this game is f_v

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dugong posted:

because i'm trying to work out if KFC is right about derp being scum as well. if that's the case I don't think him and YPM would both go after the same person since D1

I'm not convinced by this, I'm sure you've played enough games to know it's better to try and read players as individuals rather than trying to judge one's alignment on another's unknown alignment.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dugong you talking crazy talk

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Why are you voting for Asiina, derp? I think you're trying to get rid of someone who is town

##vote derp

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Could someone point me to the case on FV or the posts he's (she's?) made that are worth looking at? I didn't notice much while catching up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Isn't derp's vote not a serious vote?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

Isn't derp's vote not a serious vote?
and his posts aren't serious.

and it's day 3.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My point is why take him to task over voting for a town player as though he was serious about voting for a town player, when you should take him to task instead for not being serious?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm tossing up between Derp being overt scum as a ploy to avoid being voted: "The whole too scummy to be scum defense, which makes people ask "why would you do that as scum? must be town"
And him literally just not caring to play seriously.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He's clearly been pushing agendas so he's been taking some stake in the game. I don't like how he pushed a case on FV as being more substantive than his gut call based on anonymous masonry chat. But his deadline play around merk is perplexing. I want to say that it's not something even a crazy scum would do, but just saying that makes me feel like I'm falling for a trap.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't think Derp is scum at all. Also hi thread.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

So I meant to reread over the last couple days but I've been getting things ready to move back into the dorms instead. I'll hopefully finish that early tomorrow so I have time to reread in the afternoon

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i was voting assina because she kept leading me to games that are already full.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
kill valary, proove me town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

i was voting assina because she kept leading me to games that are already full.

It's true, the "mafia discussion thread" is full.

Also cool hangouts mafia is open to all who want to join at any time.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I'm stuck on FV for reasons I've discussed and uranus for the merk related behavior and continuing to be basically completely useless on d3. Could consider FV as something of a referendum on uranus but that feels at least potentially unwise.

I would also guess that 1 of merk's 3 picks is scum, but I haven't followed up there because chic and Pmom don't feel bussy and I thought dugong's interaction with me felt pretty genuine, so I'm not rating that suspicion very highly. If I followed that assumption I think I'd go with Pmom.

I wish I had a handle on more players though. Will try to look over lunch.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Rarity posted:

I'm not convinced by this, I'm sure you've played enough games to know it's better to try and read players as individuals rather than trying to judge one's alignment on another's unknown alignment.

Reading players in a vacuum is crazy talk.

1. I thought YPM was scum.

2. I thought KFC was scum recently for the call on merk and derp's interaction

3. KFC shows a 2 year old game where merk and derp pull off a scum with through general weirdness

4. If KFC is right about derp then why would they go after the same person since D1? "yeah uh our tactic is just to try and turbo the same person over and over..."

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (2): KhyrosFinalCut, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse, Pinterest Mom, KhyrosFinalCut
uranus (2): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, Juanito
zzyzx (1): Rarity
Tremendous Taste (1): Pinterest Mom
Amoeba102 (1): Tremendous Taste
Asiina (1): uranus
KhyrosFinalCut (0): Dugong, Dugong

Not Voting (8): Allen Wren, Amoeba102, Asiina, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Little Mac, Winged Orpheus, zzyzx

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 15th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dugong posted:

well I mean the only person you have voted this game is f_v

Have you ever considered that I think FV is scum, hence why I keep voting her? That is a dumb case.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how in christs good name can you call this thread a vacuum

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Because it sucks.

We're at less than 24 hours to deadline, time to put in some effort.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Reading merk's post history and looking at what he's said about people there are really only 4 people he seemed to make useful comments on: Chic, FV, PMom and Dugong.

Chic: Heavy case out of the blocks, seemed to ignore it till reminded then tunnelled without pushing too much.
FV: Pretty much ignored until FV was the only other viable lynch.
PMom: Called them out then pointed to someone else's case.
Dugong: Used one post to eventually case with.

The Chic interaction does feel like setting up a 1 v 1 where someone will flip scum to exonerate the other. But that's the vibe from Merk's end because it's hard to read it without knowing it is fake. Chic's posts do feel genuine, however. I feel more like merk was picking Chic as a someone with an easily argued against case so he could have a strong case and then coast on it. It doesn't feel like Chic was in on it.

His avoidance of FV some might say is because he didn't want to bus, but I didn't get that. Maybe more like he was being more careful rather than suddenly having an opinion out of nowhere,

His call out on PMom is barely anything. He manages to do it backhandedly and call Rarity's case bad at the same time. It's like he wants to call PMom scum without it leading anywehre.

Dugong's post is just an easy call out on someone he think would be an easier lynch.

I reckon his opinion on PMom is the most telling out of all his content.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Counterside to this is reading PMom's post history. It all seems mostly on the up and up, but I get the feeling of sometimes they are jumping on things to point out as scummy that don't really feel like it to me. Sure it could just be a difference of opinion, but it could be that they are looking for things to twist.

More specifically, the vote on tremendous taste. The post in which PMom votes for TT, there is a little bit about how TT is being contradictory or whatever. TT wasn't being contradictory/ TT had the stated position that it was too soon to call for SK, but because I was more certain of an SK that I was scum hunting for an SK. That's not a contradiction, one was TT's opinion on the game and one was an opinion on how he perceived my actions and mindset. By trying to construe TT as being contradictory PMom has reached too far. There were things about TT's play I would have called sucmmy, but his explanation of leaps of logic make sense as plausible.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

zzyzx posted:

If you want to talk about merk's posting history, talk about it. Nobody's stopping you, and I agree that that's the right place to start.

Hrm for someone who agreed that this was the right place to start you sure didn't do anything about it. The only thing you've done in the 2 days since this post was ask someone else to summarize the case on FV which I did for amoeba pretty clearly a while ago, and FV being one of the most talked about people in the thread, it's a bit strange that you didn't notice anything anyone said that you felt was worth responding to. Would vote Zzyzx

Amoeba, I was trying to figure this out earlier and I like how you're thinking about it. When Pmom seemed to miss that Ernie had flipped was when I got suspicious. Pmom is very vocally against merk's chic case and then hops on merk after Byers' case as only the third vote. That's a seriously pro move bus if that's a bus. Do I give pmom credit for that and think it's more plausibly than the other scummy things we see? Right now my answers are no,

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can someone reiterate the cases on FV? From what I can tell, derp is tunelling with a gut call, Chic thought the interactions with merk were scummy, and YPM is his day 1 case which, honestly, makes a good amount of sense. But it's a single point case that hasn't been developed since - poo poo if I was playingly D1 I might have notcied it then. Now though it seems like there should be more.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

was ask someone else to summarize the case on FV which I did for amoeba pretty clearly a while ago,

Oh yeah. Then the TT stuff happened and I forgot about it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Amoeba, I was trying to figure this out earlier and I like how you're thinking about it. When Pmom seemed to miss that Ernie had flipped was when I got suspicious. Pmom is very vocally against merk's chic case and then hops on merk after Byers' case as only the third vote. That's a seriously pro move bus if that's a bus. Do I give pmom credit for that and think it's more plausibly than the other scummy things we see? Right now my answers are no,

Maybe not; but I was coming at it from the mindset of "Which of merk's interactions were with scum". I felt his call out of PMom was most like a bus than any others and so I loooked at PMom to actually do the case fully. I admit it's pretty weak as the only point I can get PMom's posting is that they appear to be twisting things slightly.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If I'm to make an ordered list or something it would have:

Zzyzx
Derp
FV
PMom

Reasons:
Zzyzx - Low engagement at this point of the game, no follow throughs, but mostly deadline antics
Derp - Overselling his masonry 'evidence', Non-serious posting at this point of the game, and definitely deadline antics
FV - No follow through on D1 call out, KFC's points "Fv is scum for prodding people into claiming effects from the map change, then being ludicrously defensive when the idea was even brought up. "
PMom - I get a sense of looking for things to call out but not in a genuine way.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So what I'm saying is:

##vote zzyzx

A lurking scum who is dry-by posting.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

...that's it?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

So what I'm saying is:

##vote zzyzx

A lurking scum who is dry-by posting.

I don't think anybody's particularly engaged, at this point.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Posting may be light, but I definitely feel an earnest vibe from a few contributors.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Mmhmm.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is dry-by some new kind of gin

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll give a reread sometime tomorrow evening before deadline.

For now I'm putting my vote here ##vote zzyzx

Both for end of the day shenanigans and for this post which is bullshit cause he was never voting Byers.

zzyzx posted:

I thought merk was town and byers was scum trying to pin everybody into a lynch by default, and decided to let it go. Half-right, I guess.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

uranus posted:

is dry-by some new kind of gin

Whoops. Drive-by posting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In fact this was his vote

zzyzx posted:

I think merk's town and Chic is a good scum pick. I've thought that from Somber's initial read, really, which is one of the reasons I figured he'd (Somber) flip town as well.

##vote Chic

This post is stupid as hell cause zzyzx didn't even join the game until after Somber flipped, so what the hell is the point of the second half of this statement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just a reminder that this is what zzyzx posted right before deadline:

zzyzx posted:

If uranus wants it he can do it; I don't like it.

Not only did he allow town to no-lynch he passed the buck to derp to avoid responsibility as well

zzyzx posted:

If you want to talk about merk's posting history, talk about it. Nobody's stopping you, and I agree that that's the right place to start.

Also I want to point out that despite saying talking about merk's post history is the right thing to do he hasn't actually talked about it one bit.

• Locked thread