Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Rarity do you think I'm scum? Because you didn't actually say. Also I made the alignment call in this post

Your Personal Muse posted:

Disagree, it seems more like lazy town than anything else. I would expect defensiveness and more excuses from scum.

Why is my me too vote bad? If I were to attempt to create "original content", it would literally be the same thing Somber wrote. I didn't read Somber's case and get swayed by it, I read Somber's case and said "that's exactly what I'm thinking".

Which is literally the post after I got done asking Amoeba for thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Since I'm at -2 already, my thoughts on everyone.

Allen - not posting a lot, but seems to be thinking about things, was on merk early - town
Amoeba - active and consistent - town
Asiina - her frustration at the no lynch seemed genuine, and then she vigged merk - definitely town
CT - I dont see her and merk doing an early and unnecessary bus on each other - town
Dugong - scum, I've made a case on him earlier
Juanito - not a lot of content but what he has seems good, leaning town
KFC - consistent play, engaged in the thread - town
LM - not even bothering to play - scum
PMom - I think his posts are snipey and seem to be from the sidelines. Feels like he is trying to discredit things more than talk about his opinion - unsure, leaning scum
Rarity - giving me bad feelings, thought her D2 reasons for considering players scum was bad and the cases she made on those players also pretty terrible, wouldn't comment on LM - leaning scum
TT - his stuff with Amoeba is weird - leaning scum
Derp - I dont see that as a scum role, but he's playing poo poo - unsure
WO - lots of posts, consistent play, good play on merk - town
YPM - I've changed my mind a few times on YPM but I'm leaning town. Seems less poo poo post-y than normal, like he believes he has a good case and is following through

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How do you reconcile the interactiosn between PMom and TT? Is PMom pulling a bus on TT using "dumb = scum" ie a really bad call.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also I made the alignment call in this post

:doh: No idea how I missed that

But even so it doesn't change the fact you've only given opinions on 4 people all game.

quote:

wouldn't comment on LM

Did you miss the bit where I just said he's one of my three top picks?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

We'll end this tomorrow when I get to work I guess.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

But even so it doesn't change the fact you've only given opinions on 4 people all game.

Honestly, I've been so focused on FV that I'm going to base a lot of my opinions of other players on how she flips. I think she's been in controversy enough without being lynched that her interactions with people and the voting patterns will give a lot of insight, especially if she flips scum (which I firmly believe she will)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello everyone

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
gently caress it, it's pretty obvious that several people won't even consider other lynch candidates until fv is dead, and I'm on the fence about her anyway

##vote fv

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

fiery_valkyrie (7): Your Personal Muse, KhyrosFinalCut, Little Mac, Juanito, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Winged Orpheus
Chic Trombone (1): Rarity
Little Mac (0): Winged Orpheus, Winged Orpheus

Not Voting (7): Allen Wren, Amoeba102, Asiina, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Tremendous Taste, uranus

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 20th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been back and forth on fv myself, but I agree that there's going to be continual tunneling of her until she's gone. Also she's already given a large rundown of her thoughts, so there's no point in really delaying.

I'm going to make lunch and then come back and hammer if nobody else does or has anything else to say.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Derp, does your masonry jail a player as well? What are your thoughts on Rarity from talking to her?

Get derp to answer this tomorrow. It might explain the lack of kills.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my ability does jail people

my thoughts on rarity are that she was being very friendly then i thought maybe that was to distract from having to talk about the game, but also maybe shes just a nice friendly person

she said fv was one of her 'strongest town reads' which made me go HMM because i dont recal her trying to defend fv at all very much and even above she doesnt seem much to care if fv is lynched.

i am 'unsure' what to think of her. maybe bad? maybe good? who can every know but mods and gods

oh and scum iguess

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay gonna hammer then.

##vote fv

:redhammer:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
:hawksin: :dealwithit: :yosbutt:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Another day passes, another rage-induced votekick by the remaining regulars. fiery_valkyrie gets pwned over some sort of insult with the cool guy in the server that someone gave a 400 dollar knife to once, being accused of being too unchill. It seems she was actually alright in the end, but some things are really worth fighting for. Strangely enough, the votekick ended up taking hours and hours longer than anybody expected. Some blamed the server admin for being drunk and using the server for hijinks that made the lag unbearable, but others blamed the server providing company for scheduling maintenance on that day without telling anybody and rerouting all people connecting to the regular ip address to a server hosted in Antarctica, leading to insanely high ping.

fiery_valkyrie, CS-aligned Pubbie, has been shamed out of the server!

IT IS NOW NIGHT. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SUBMIT ACTIONS.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Two quiet nights in a row makes for bad television and for bad lag reduction, but it makes for great drama. Regulars angrily scrambled about, shooting into the air to demonstrate their frustration and wild spirits as they saw on that hour special about Arab spring. Like the UN, the regulars felt toothless and painfully stupid, but their mission was delivered from on high at the twitch.tv hd stream. As such, they would not - nay, COULD not stop. It was destiny.

Nobody has died n4! It is now d5!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (14): Allen Wren, Amoeba102, Asiina, Chic Trombone, Dugong, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, Little Mac, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Winged Orpheus, Your Personal Muse

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, scumteam. Third time's a charm.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

Ugh. I'm starting to wonder if the scum are just letting us all hang each other, and they don't even have to post to let us do it. I'm not innocent of it, but there are so many people not saying anything at all. I'm not saying much of anything because I've got basically nothing to go on, and posting when you've got nothing to go on is basically just as bad as not posting when you've got nothing to go on.

And of course this post will get read as both "wow, lots of words to say nothing" and "caring too much", while I could just not post and get read as "wow, so active day one but hiding now" and "completely doesn't care about following up their cases"

This loving game.

Quoting Allen's last post.

Can we get a modkill here?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

To be clear: Last post was Jan 11, 2015 21:52

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That is a valid point. He's been around on the forums so I thought he must have been involved here, but nope, seems like he abandoned things. I'm sorry I missed that.

Allen Wren, CS-aligned Opinionated Noob, has been MODKILLED d5 for being a little lurky but far less lurky than I thought so I'm a moron!

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 20, 2015

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I was reading PMom during the course of the night and trying to pinpoint the feeling I've been having about him, and I think it's best explained that it feels reactionary and snipey rather than proactive. Like he's just commenting on things as they happen in order to seem involved, rather than making an effort to further town's progress.

PMom I'd like to see you make a case today. Let's see what you got.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah I was pinging on PMom yesterday.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

While obviously this game discourages lurking and, given the night situation, we may have a very disengaged scumteam, I wonder why you would ask for a modkill on someone? Don't bigger numbers benefit us? The only reason to blatantly call for a modkill, imo, is if you know they're on the opposite team - or at least strongly feel that way. You just called for a modkill and then moved on when you got it. Also you forced Merk to play a chess game with someone - perhaps he told you in a scumdoc that he was super good at chess and to use your power on him. I don't necessarily think you're scum since you then went on to vote him and at least lightly push him after he vigged Opop, but asking for the modkill seems anti-wincon if you're town. Maybe I'm wrong. Still #askquestions

So all those words basically add up to: Why did you ask for the modkill?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I asked because of two reasons; I had this weird idea that scum could be missing the night action deadline. Looked for someone who hadn't posted, and then asked for a modkill. I thought it was a safe call because if scum then it's great. if town then you remove a liability without having to lynch them. A lurker just makes it harder to reach the required votes and you might mislynch.

However, I actually royally hosed up and got a non-lurker modkilled.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Scum haven't been missing their deadlines. They've tried to kill me 2 nights in a row.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

You're forgetting that being stupid isn't a scum tell. I don't think he was being coherent or logical, just really really dumb.

Amoeba102 posted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like to lynch Pmom today

he's one of the people that jumps out most from merk's post history and has been weird and tunnelling on me since in a disingenuous fashion

##vote pmom

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

Scum haven't been missing their deadlines. They've tried to kill me 2 nights in a row.

is this mod confirmed?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It isn't, but I know that I've been safe from being killed two nights in a row now and both of those nights had no kills.

Also realistically I'm the most likely NK since I'm the least likely to be lynched based on my merk vig.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

It isn't, but I know that I've been safe from being killed two nights in a row now and both of those nights had no kills.

Also realistically I'm the most likely NK since I'm the least likely to be lynched based on my merk vig.

multiple vigs and protection is 3p as gently caress

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

unless you mean from without in which case nice job pr

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Derp's masonry is a jail.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Apparently.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I feel bad about how focused we ended up on FV as it happened, but I think I'm starting to get a clearer picture. FV was just being stupid, not malicious and Winged Orpheus got caught up by that and started claiming. The takeaway from that whole mess was more WO being town than FV being scum, which I stand by.

Since we have a modkill on wren, I looked over the survivors and really, Dugong has been snipey, almost wholly reactive when it comes to game related content, and the only reason I discounted him in the "one of merk's pick's" analysis was that he backed off his point on me when I found the aqua teen thread.

Given how few risks and actual hardline stances he's taken overall, this was a bad reason to back off.

##vote dugong

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey derp, who'd you masonjail last night?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
assina

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also pm is coonfirmed scum because he TIMED OUT ON OUR GAME >:[

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I should have stay retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did you masonjail her the night before too?

• Locked thread