Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

nor I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

The best compliment you can receive in life is to be called a hacker in CS: GO.

I am called a hacker very often, but actually, I hack :twisted:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I have csgo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I played around with hacks back in CS 1.3 for a few hours but it was mostly unfun cause it just makes the game too easy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think my closest encounter with counterstrike is in high school, when my best friend's little sister who had a crush on me effectively dropped out of high school to play cs full time

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hacking is indeed boring. I learned that back in starcraft vanilla when I maphacked some UMS games.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why was half of that sentence even relevant in your head?

unless it's to make a statement like 'liking me is the first step to throwing away your life!~!'

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Even though I only play JRPGs (still in Japanese) and pro wrestling games (also in Japanese) because I find FPSs to be uncultured and bad for our youth, I will play your little game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

why was half of that sentence even relevant in your head?

unless it's to make a statement like 'liking me is the first step to throwing away your life!~!'

Was this directed at me? I was an adventurous youth (8 at the time) who wanted to know what it'd be like to see my enemies more clearly on Snipers maps. Joke was on me when the map makers added something to crash me for doing it!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

no pmom

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't even understand how the cheats work in these sorts of games, because I've never done it. It just seems like magic.

Whoops, shot in the head. Respawn.

Whoops, shot in the head. Respawn.

Basically, it's exactly what happens to me in TF2, only possibly more frustrating since people are way bigger assholes in more "serious" games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's complicated, but suffice it to say cheating is lovely and that there is always a chance you're playing with or against a cheater. But you probably aren't, so don't shout that every time you get p0wn3d.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm okay referring to diqnol as TAR from now on

if only because i think that makes him sound like the kind of robot we'd send off to space to be consumed by a black hole!!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

._.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm only kidding but i find your name a lot better than the old one

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ty.

I'm going to start recruiting people now.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
by special request and only ever for my true and real best friend diqnol, i will return from retirement and 'play' in this game

prepare to be severely underwhelmed by my cunning skill and sharp wit while you choke on the inundation of poo poo posts

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

YES

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i have not played counterstrike since whatever one had that office map and the one which's name is in the title of this thread whatever one that is. it had guns in it i remember, and terrorists.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
which is the best counterstrike gun? discuss

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the gun you take to shoot yourself if you play counterstrike

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ernie and I are playing CS if anyone wants in.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i recently played a game of 'werewolf' which is mafia but with wolfs. i played it in real life with real people sitting in chairs in a circle. it was fun. also i played a card type game called saboteur in which one person is a badguy and you call each other liars and yell and stuff. it is also fun.

thankyou, good day.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

the gun you take to shoot yourself if you play counterstrike

:catstare:

uranus posted:

i recently played a game of 'werewolf' which is mafia but with wolfs. i played it in real life with real people sitting in chairs in a circle. it was fun. also i played a card type game called saboteur in which one person is a badguy and you call each other liars and yell and stuff. it is also fun.

thankyou, good day.

As long as you weren't screaming.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I got a weird cryptic message from a name I didn't recognize but I guess I am signing up for this?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quidnose! It's me, Diqnol!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Did you choose this name yourself?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ye

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

diqnol i need your help

csgo won't let merk and i play together anymore because our ranks are too far apart :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah sure I'm in

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

First off, it shouldn't do that. I play on my badge alt and include my single AK brother and his silver friends. Second off, it's not hard to tank games. Purposely miss grenades, aim above heads, run while you shoot etc and you'll plummet within 5 games.

Rarity posted:

Yeah sure I'm in

Heck yeah!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

First off, it shouldn't do that. I play on my badge alt and include my single AK brother and his silver friends. Second off, it's not hard to tank games. Purposely miss grenades, aim above heads, run while you shoot etc and you'll plummet within 5 games.

It gave us a weird message that's all like 'we won't let you play together unless you lobby 5 people'.

But the problem is it doesn't say how close the ranks should be for us to lobby together again. I mean, realistically, I don't know if I have to tank 1 game or 20 to play with him again and it seems like WAY more work than convincing 3 people to play with us.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You could also make an alt like I did. CS:GO is on sale :haw:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll play because I got asked nicely.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:peanut:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

It gave us a weird message that's all like 'we won't let you play together unless you lobby 5 people'.

But the problem is it doesn't say how close the ranks should be for us to lobby together again. I mean, realistically, I don't know if I have to tank 1 game or 20 to play with him again and it seems like WAY more work than convincing 3 people to play with us.

Well at any rate I'll play when I get home at 6 if you guys are still at it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

I'll play because I got asked nicely.

I'm only here cause diqnol promised me all the hookers and blow I could handle

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like I should be ranking up out of silver 1 soon. How long does it usually take? I'm at 36 wins.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CS Elo is complicated. You can win every game for a week and not rank up if your score is always bad or if the game thinks your fundamentals are that off (and yes, it can calculate these things based on shots missed and such). It's also largely dependent on the strength of your opponents. If at the end of a match you look at the ranks for everyone and it seems like you were chosen by the matchmaker to lose and you won, you'll more quickly rank up. I've gone from DMG to LE in 3 games and I've done it in 100. Playing with good people only helps a bit, you can't be dragged into a good rank too much, though I have a friend who would argue against that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man, $8.50. Why can't we play tuftoo instead.

• Locked thread