Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hi diqnol!! i will play in your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I would buy CS:GO to play with ya'll but a) I already blew my winter sale budget and b) I am sooooooooo bad at fps games its not even funny

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Asiina and Chic, I grabbed your copies but my inventory page is wonky and won't let me access it right now. When it stops being temperamental I'll forward them.

I will install it tonight then, thank you

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hi Opop how have you been ##vote opopanax

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##bet CT all What are we betting even

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Asiina posted:

I have discovered I am supremely bad at counter strike.

You got more kills than I did and that is something

Also eurgh that pub game was full of awful people

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

seriously tho what did we bet on this game of chess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I never thought I'd see the day where i was interested in spectating an internet chess match but here we are

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

what do you mean this isn't an internet chess spectator thread

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Asiina posted:

Also I will play more CS:GO if we don't play ranked anymore because I'm tired of getting rolled for 15 rounds straight.

Same but only if there's a way to play it without random assholes because those guys last night were horrible people

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Winged Orpheus posted:

Stop making excuses and accept that you are being crushed by the relentless advance of freedom.

Merk if you win I will consider you confirmed town.

Seriously don't confirm someone as town just because they are good at chess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm telling you let's play arms race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is arms race

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That sounds pretty neat actually

I'll play that

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Chic Trombone

Coaching without making an actual statements about alignment.

I've never seen WO so I'm probably not going to lynch them day one.

I don't actually think you can make solid alignment statements this little into D1 especially when most of the thread's been counterstrikechat (arms race was indeed fun) and chessspectating

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, I agree. It's generally hard to make statements about alignment early in day one, especially when the thread has largely been nonserious. However, I think it's fairly clear you and others assign some value to Orpheus' post. I think it's shady to say that you don't have any opinion on him at all while you're coaching him to play less scummy.

That wasn't supposed to be coaching and was pr much me just going "dude no" but I see now from the way I worded it that might've been ambiguous i guess?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

HEY DIQNOL what did merk winning do, what benefit do I now have from betting correctly

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

uranus posted:

hey merk whats the best way to get into chess. the chess thread here is deader than the go thread.

imo the best way to get into chess is to play a few games and get a feel for it yourself, that's what i did when i was into chess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, I checked how many games CT had. I thought she was new. I was mistaken.

Yeah I've just been on hiatus for a while v:shobon:v

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Jesus christ I forgot about this game and now I have 10 pages to catch up on. WHY BIG GAME WHY

tbh it's mostly chesschat and talking about counterstrike with only the last page or two being Actual Mafia

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somber does feel a little forced but I haven't played with him enough to tell what that means about his alignment, some people always read forced to me

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not sure, but we're not scum buds.

So are you saying you think he's town or telling Quid you aren't scum but dunno about Somber

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Because that's a super weird way to phrase that imo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

In what way? Because I didn't say "I'm not scum"?

It just ~feels weird~ i can't really quantify why but it bugs me that you phrased it that way

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Merk i don't think murdering your chess opponent is very sportsmanlike

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The majority of the thread is loved so that's not really something we should be considering in the lynch today really, it bars too many candidates

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I mean obvs we should consider it because it means it takes an extra vote but I meant more along the lines of going "we shouldn't lynch x bc they're loved today" is a lovely idea

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

actually yeah that's a good point, merk's vig DOES look an awful lot like the one he pulled in TWEWY mafia and I know he was scum in that

##vote merk

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gosh i was proud of the flavor i wrote for that game

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

the idea is, what, he makes a joke about using the vig, then immediately uses it? is that scummy, or just reflective of a certain sense of humour?

it seems like an awful use of a vig, joke or no joke. at least shoot a lurker or the guy with the awful PR.

He's historically done it as scum more than in just TWEWY iirc, though I can't remember the specific games off the top of my head.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

Truth reason: Opo refusing to resign the chess game was annoying
Fake reason: gut read on Opo

That's a baaad reason if you're town

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I see the argument to be made for merk as scum due to suboptimal play, but there might be a reason for that. I can see merk shooting immediately because he's a usual nightkill target. You could apply the same reasoning to his play today, as I recall this is a move he deliberately makes now and then as town like in Terminator. That said, shooting Opopanax doesn't seem to make sense regardless.

I'll vote merk but he's not my top pick.

what is this post

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

Thanks for the tip

It's not a tip bc you're not town which was what that post was supposed to imply

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I still think merk's a good vote for today, because that vig really echoes how he likes to use vigs as scum. Somber still sounds REALLY forced so I'd probably vote him too, I need to reread everyone else before I'd vote anyone else tho

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also I don't want to lurker lynch D1 but I would like to hear more from the lurkers, esp Amoeba since lurking's unlike him

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

This post bugs me though. What purpose does it serve? Also, Amoeba is scum.

It means "boy it sure would be nice to get some fresh perspectives" but made it clear at the same time that I don't want to lynch a lurker D1 bc D1 lurker lynches are always terrible?? Idk man not every post has some greater meaning

Also merk pushing me this hard is weird and makes very little sense imo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

If merk isn't scum after that post I will be very surprised let's put it that way

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

To be fair I had forgotten that merk had cased Ernie the day before, I only modded that game and didn't actually play in it, but the two vigs still feel very similar on a tonal level.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Add that to merk's reaction to my vote and I am very very sure he's scum

Somberbrero posted:

What Pin said pretty much. On its surface it looks similar to this situation so I could see someone making the connection if they misremembered the details or had confirmation bias once they made the connection. why were you not critical of ernie? he's the one who brought up that game.

Because Ernie unvoted and I'm pretty sure merk's jumping on me because I'm voting him and he thinks he can get me lynched because I've generally been a weak and lurky player in the past, it feels like

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Gonna be gone for the next hour or thereabouts, I'll be back before the deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Personally, I don't think merk is scum anymore. I expect scum merk to put up a better fight/argument than he is right now, with at least some lashing out or some claim to the townie leader position to direct the conversation elsewhere.

Do you not consider his angry reactionary case on me to be lashing out?

• Locked thread